Options

JRPG Thread: Suikoden is fun to say.

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    No.

But you should play for its literally everything else too.

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Also, imho, Last Surprise, the p5 battle theme is the weakest of the p3-5 series of games.

It has good other songs though.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    Also, imho, Last Surprise, the p5 battle theme is the weakest of the p3-5 series of games.

it doesn't have the strong intro the other 2 have but its chorus is sooo gooood

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    I ended up using Guild Style GS exclusively whooooops

Look at this flippin' nerd
    I actually kinda dig Guild Style because IIRC it lets you use the most arts?

• Options

The intro horns are the only good part of the song!

Mass destruction is good the whole way.

Reqch out to the truth is eh.

Unfortunately for me, I cannot sub in the music from the other games because it really bothers me to have the incorrect music play. Like I can't mute in game music in a game to play something over it in 99% of circumstances. It just bothers.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    BABY BABY BABY BABY BAY-BY

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    I'm enjoying P5 more after just turning the difficulty all the way down.

Not because I was dying or anything like that. The fights just aren't very satisfying anymore.

I liked the push turn stuff in Nocturne and DDS. It was okay in P3. Mostly because the CPU clown brigade was at least amusing. By 4 it was boring. 4g it was bad. Now at 5 with pretty much no changes since inception, it's very... Dull. Especially when you get the ability to just know weakness right off the bat.

Knock down everything, mug or murder, repeat to infinity.

Kind of hoping they overhaul this system or something. I dunno. Smt4a felt more interesting.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Not because I was dying or anything like that. The fights just aren't very satisfying anymore.

I liked the push turn stuff in Nocturne and DDS. It was okay in P3. Mostly because the CPU clown brigade was at least amusing. By 4 it was boring. 4g it was bad. Now at 5 with pretty much no changes since inception, it's very... Dull. Especially when you get the ability to just know weakness right off the bat.

Kind of hoping they overhaul this system or something. I dunno. Smt4a felt more interesting.

Iunno. The baton pass and ailments being useful made things pretty interesting all game on hard. Dormina was mvp of palace 3 for me.

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular

The intro horns are the only good part of the song!

Mass destruction is good the whole way.

Reqch out to the truth is eh.

Unfortunately for me, I cannot sub in the music from the other games because it really bothers me to have the incorrect music play. Like I can't mute in game music in a game to play something over it in 99% of circumstances. It just bothers.

You crazy

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Last Surprise is good, but not great

Life Will Change is absolutely fantastic

The Whims of Fate is preposterously catchy

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »

OOOH YEAH

Badababa Badababa

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    Enlong wrote: »

OOOH YEAH

Badababa Badababa

And I will

BUUUUURRRRRRRN MYYYYYYY BREEEEEEAAAAAAD!

• Options
    That said, as much as I like Last Surprise, I am very enamoured with Rivers in the Desert.

• Options

Iunno. The baton pass and ailments being useful made things pretty interesting all game on hard. Dormina was mvp of palace 3 for me.

Ailments have been useful in every smt game. In some like Nocturne they are basically required for every encounter.

Baton pass would be better if the MC wasn't always half a dozen levels over everyone with every element at his command. I guess I could have him baton pass to. ... Make the game harder? Or just keep him killing everything solo with his God King multiple immunity personas.

I can understand why people like it! I just realized that as for myself, some odd half a dozen games using Basically the exact same system has grown a bit stale.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Mass Destruction was only good at the start and the chorus, not a fan of the rapping in the middle. Reach out to the Truth was fantastic and very catchy. Last Surprise is great all the way through and incredibly thematically appropriate with the lyrics.
    You try to run me through
    Hold on
    Think again
    Don't you know
    What you're starting
    But... you sure ain't got a clue
    How bad
    This will go
    Don't you know

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    People talking about Mass Destruction like it's the only battle theme in Persona 3, like Wiping All Out isn't right there too.

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    wiping all out is far better than mass destruction

• Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular

Never played P3P so I can't speak to it.

• Options
    Thetheroo wrote: »
    Mass Destruction was only good at the start and the chorus, not a fan of the rapping in the middle. Reach out to the Truth was fantastic and very catchy. Last Surprise is great all the way through and incredibly thematically appropriate with the lyrics.
    You try to run me through
    Hold on
    Think again
    Don't you know
    What you're starting
    But... you sure ain't got a clue
    How bad
    This will go
    Don't you know

All I really know about P5 is the phantom thief motif, and I can tell that the lyrics for that song are very fitting.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Imagine if all the music in p3 was as good as the iwatodai dorm music

WeedLordVegeta on
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Baton pass would be better if the MC wasn't always half a dozen levels over everyone with every element at his command. I guess I could have him baton pass to. ... Make the game harder? Or just keep him killing everything solo with his God King multiple immunity personas.

You need to talk to Mishima more, because my entire party is the same level at pretty much all times because of the abilities he provides

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Thetheroo wrote: »

Never played P3P so I can't speak to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iy47Q--EbU

• Options
    Mr. G wrote: »

You need to talk to Mishima more, because my entire party is the same level at pretty much all times because of the abilities he provides

That sounds nice and all but I kind of don't see the point? I can basically make two persona that cover every weakness and have none of their own. The rest of the party is there to absorb random damage or occasionally screw me over because they aren't immune to everything.

Or to like, heal despair.

Fusion bonus is pretty broken, and you can easily outscale everything on hard. Didn't try the top difficulty just because I wasn't really clicking with the game from the start. I'm probably in the minority here. I just don't find it remotely engaging. Which is fine, not every game is for everyone. I'm just idly hoping they.. I dunno. Do something with the combat after all these years.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

gonna put u in a traaance

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I use all the characters and baton pass, because spreading out my SP usage lets me stay longer in a dungeon without having to use SP items.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I mean only so much you can iterate on the same system before you're changing it entirely.

Not that I mind shifts like that myself. But I know they get some people tight.

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Persona combat is great and so are all the combat songs.

This is my hot take

• Options
    The best song in Persona 3 is Battle for Everyone's Souls anyway.

• Options
    Like if we want to say best persona songs, Rivers in the Desert is a pretty good choice.

The battle for everyone's souls is too.

Also @chocobolicious what difficulty were you on?

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

I like it better than the p4 battle theme.

Also the dungeon themes are SO GOOD.

Dungeon 3 right now is great.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I ended up using Guild Style GS exclusively whooooops

Look at this flippin' nerd
    I actually kinda dig Guild Style because IIRC it lets you use the most arts?

Striker is the one that gets you more arts

Guild is the "classic" style

• Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Hot take: P5 does not pay out enough money for me to be buying these $50 shakes every week and watching scary films to make me a big brave boy.

IronKnuckle's Ghost on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular

gonna put u in a traaance

push you into trains

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Hot take: P5 does not pay out enough money for me to be buying these $50 shakes every week and watching scary films to make me a big brave boy.

This is why you threaten Shadows to give you money. Then tell them to give you more money. And again.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    persona is the only game I have put on easy and never looked back

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

Sun Rank 2 = easy early money and able to buy everything you could want

Mementos money trick = more money than you could ever wish to spend and never bother using hold up for money again

• Options
    Like if we want to say best persona songs, Rivers in the Desert is a pretty good choice.

The battle for everyone's souls is too.

Also @chocobolicious what difficulty were you on?

Started on hard. Got a few palaces in. Got bored if it basically being the same slog I've done six times before. Not before making my guy invincible to everything in the third palace for.

Thanks to fusion it'll only get worse from there​, so I took it down to safety. Now instead of having to nuke things individually I can just instantly kill everything with an AoE as long as it's not a resist. Just makes it quicker for the same outcome.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Let's try to keep the P5 talk in the P5 thread. Some people (specifically, me) are trying to dodge talk on the game as much as possible

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Instead we can talk about how Fate/Grand Order is getting an English release this summer!

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Instead we can talk about how Fate/Grand Order is getting an English release this summer!

Hope you like your 1 percent gacha rates for 5 stars!

This discussion has been closed.