As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Bad Food Thread] "I'd stick with soylent. Never know what chimera that meat came from..."

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    news-pillsbury-churro-bites.jpeg?auto=format%2Ccompress&ixjsv=2.2.3&w=1030

Popular opinion from customer is these are fake and a sweet lie from real churros
    Like the vain attempt the Oreo ones made last year

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I do miss some Pillsbury things.

I'd love to have a can of biscuits every now and then. Mainly so i could make monkey bread.

But I'm sure if i wanted it enough, i could make my own dough.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    How pissed would you be to be the person who gets left the tiny paper football sized piece?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0hcW9zafrA

• Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    Turambar wrote: »
    oreot.jpg

I made oreo truffles today

I'll take

Umm

"Daddy, I dont see you chewing them."

"Baby girl, y'not supposed to..."

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    news-pillsbury-churro-bites.jpeg?auto=format%2Ccompress&ixjsv=2.2.3&w=1030

Popular opinion from customer is these are fake and a sweet lie from real churros
    Like the vain attempt the Oreo ones made last year

I would assume so. With the best of intentions, I don't think you can really replicate a deep-fried snack in the oven.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Fuck you pizza nutrition information label how am I supposed to divide a pizza up by 5 with my eye I'm not doing geometry for this.

nIG7rde.jpg

And you lot get upset about pineapple on pizza when there are actual crimes against humanity like this happening...

I can be simultaneously upset by pineapple on pizza and people committing war crimes.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    japanese kit kats are insane

I have no idea why it's not a thing in the US

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Because breaks are for Communists, son. Get back to work.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

Sweet potato kit Kats <3

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I like regular chocolate kit kats.

What does sake taste like anyway?

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

Agreed. But it's just one more reason to be grateful for the Japanese grocery store with the great food court that's less than 10 minutes from my work. They only get a few Japanese flavors of Kit Kat, but the ones they get are great. Throw in the excellent ramen and Japanese curries available in the food court, the matcha stall that's like a Starbucks for matcha drinks with a great selection of ice cream, and the Japanese-style pastry shop and I have to make myself go only once in a while because going more often would be bad for my health.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    help me make a poor decision tonight: sushi or pizza.

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular

Sushi pizza's gotta be a thing somewhere right?

But seriously though, pizza. Always pizza.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Depends, how much Sushi are we talking?

But just to throw a monkey wrench into the works, I say: Sushi.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I mean, if it's a tossup, go with sushi. It's delicious and it feels decadent, but it's all lean protein and carbs. It's absolutely a health food compared to pizza.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    JayKaos wrote: »

Sushi pizza's gotta be a thing somewhere right?

But seriously though, pizza. Always pizza.

Sushi pizza is definitely a thing. At our favorite spot here it is a 4 or 5 inch grilled disc of rice that they put salmon, tuna, shrimp, or all 3 on with a knockout seasame sauce.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »

Sake does not taste like any one thing. The variance in flavor of sake is Goddamned preposterous, ranging from "is this a wine cooler" to "the Russians have invaded so they can dump all of their shitty, weapons-grade vodka".

• Options
    the only sake that has had any consistency for me is Yaegaki Premium Dry Arabashiri Sake
    my old man is former military so whenever my parents go get groceries from Post, he grabs a bottle from the Class 6 liquor store there.
    Put it in your freezer to super cool it, then shock it before you pour and its a pretty tasty slush.

348s.jpg

a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    sarukun wrote: »

Sake does not taste like any one thing. The variance in flavor of sake is Goddamned preposterous, ranging from "is this a wine cooler" to "the Russians have invaded so they can dump all of their shitty, weapons-grade vodka".

Ah.

It's rice wine right? I guess rice is probably relatively flavor neutral as far as a primary fermenting sugar goes. I suppose they often add ingredients.

I've done a lot of reading about and tasting of mead over the winter since I did that project, that's pretty similar really, you often get spices or fruits added to mead since honey is really mostly just fermentable sugars and it's flavor alone is often very subtle.

I would try sake but they only bottles I ever see of it are super expensive, like 28 dollars or more for like 375ml.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »

Ah.

It's rice wine right? I guess rice is probably relatively flavor neutral as far as a primary fermenting sugar goes. I suppose they often add ingredients.

I've done a lot of reading about and tasting of mead over the winter since I did that project, that's pretty similar really, you often get spices or fruits added to mead since honey is really mostly just fermentable sugars and it's flavor alone is often very subtle.

I would try sake but they only bottles I ever see of it are super expensive, like 28 dollars or more for like 375ml.

It's supposedly closer to beer, the rice has to be converted to sugar first before you can get alcohol from it.

Yep, wikipedia says so: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sake

• Options
    m!ttensm!ttens he/himRegistered User regular

Sake to me tastes like if you took all sweetness out of a glass of white wine, then turned the dial on any fruit flavor down from an 8 or 9 to like a 1 or 2. But I usually drink much drier variations so it probably runs a massive spectrum of flavor profiles

When I had "sake" flavored KitKats it tasted like rice wine vinegar mixed with green tea and an overwhelmingly cloying sugar taste.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I haven't tasted alcohol enough to be able to tell that any given drink tastes like anything but overwhelmingly alcohol

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    it is an acquired taste that you get over time, but then there are also some beverages you never like.

I like vodka, but my bro will never touch the stuff because it he says it tastes like butane, even though I've yet to figure out how he gets that flavor from it.
    Vice versa, he drinks tequila like its a soda, but I wont touch it because it is the devil's drink and i've had very bad, very personal experiences with tequila

a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    I will happily drink tequila over vodka. Vodka always has this extreme chemical taste to me. Doesn't matter the quality.

But then, I've realized over the years that liquors in general just taste....unpleasant to me. The only alcoholic drinks I've ever chosen to have for taste and pleasure is good beer...and more recently sangria (finally, FINALLY, my palette enjoys some wine. Never thought it would happen). Mixed drinks can be okay, but only certain kinds.

...but I can't imagine sitting down with some straight scotch and ice and truly enjoying any part of the experience. Strong alcohol just gives me this extreme feeling of "this tastes awful and it burns". Will I drink it to get a good buzz on if I'm out with friends?? Sure! But beyond that it's just wildly unpleasant to me.

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Put me in the "vodka might as well be rubbing alcohol" camp. Unless it's well integrated into the drink (like a Bloody Mary) i cannot stand vodka.

I really like whisky with club soda as far as near-straight alcoholic drinks are concerned, a splash of soda takes the alcoholic edge off without really affecting the flavor.

• Options
    please don't put ice in scotch.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Tequila and whiskey taste like hangover to me. Rum and gin are my usual go-to when I want spirits, but I find beer to be my usual.

Also, since this is the bad food thread, I want to disgust everyone with my favorite thing: the V8 red beer. Bottle of really bitter IPA like Henry Weinhard's Blue Boar mixed about 50/50 with V8, add a splash of worcestershire and some tobasco and baby you've got yourself a stew goin'.

• Options
    I agree that does sound bad.

IPAs taste like cigarette butts and vomit.

• Options
    IPAs taste like cigarette butts and vomit.

wtf kind of IPA's have you been drinking??

Gimme all the hops.

• Options
    Hops are the worst flower and I wish they would go extinct.

• Options
    Uriel I think you are confusing IPAs with the ash bottle of a drunkard.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I had at tequila shot on my 21st; it wasn't bad, but it wasn't something I'd actively seek out to do again. Otherwise the only alcoholic things I've come close to enjoying were so diluted with fruit or milk as to not taste anything like alcohol.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    I'm not kidding about the red beer thing. It sounds disgusting and awful but I'm sure one of the more seasoned drinkers can confirm they are good.

@Zonugal or @Rorshach Kringle either of you got my back?

• Options
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    I'm not kidding about the red beer thing. It sounds disgusting and awful but I'm sure one of the more seasoned drinkers can confirm they are good.

Red ales are good. I even made one, once! :) And a super hoppy IPA.

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Micheladas are a thing, so V8 + beer is probably going to be just fine. I love mixing a regular Coors with Bloody Mary mix or Clamato Picante, very refreshing.

• Options
    FalxFalx Registered User regular
    I brought back some Champagne & Strawberry, Hokkaido Musk Melon and Yokohama Cheesecake Kitkats back on my most recent trip. The Champagne and Strawberry was astonishing.

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Scotch is better than Sake which is better than Rum which is better than Vodka which is better than Tequila which is about the same as Gin.

My line is drawn at good Vodka or bad Rum, whichever comes first. Tequila or Gin I only tolerate in mixed drinks.

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »

finally

a hill i won't die upon

you're on your own, buddy
    Peas wrote: »
    9k9jkn.jpg

Send help

i had a whole box of these and the wasabi ones recently

i am addicted to wasabi kit kat

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    edited April 2017
    The faves that I've tried were red bean kitkat and the tried-and-true green tea (or matcha?) kitkat.

NightDragon on
This discussion has been closed.