Options

RMS still has Undertale Emotions [Chat]

RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
Huh, this was lingering in my drafts and I never noticed. Clearly a sign to be lazy.

hqdefault.jpg

"Undertale is a good game." - Yahtzee Croshaw

I agree.

Here's that one song you probably heard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5daGZ96QGU

A remix of that one song you probably heard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs1NPirh2jI

Here's something with a little more analytical heft (spoilers)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4E-0sjkDnkc

And here's the spiel I've been threatening to write for ages.

Spoilers for the Pacifist Path
Safety spoiler.
Oh my god, Asriel. :cry:

I think this game tugged on some hangups I have about personal identity I didn't know I had. A child who goes along with a plan he doesn't quite understand, backs out of it, dies as a consequence, and as a reward for sticking to his convictions is reincarnated as a functional paraplegic who is eventually twisted into the antithesis of what he once was.

And THEN you can restore him, but only for a little while, so you've given him a little taste of himself, and then he loses that all again. His family is still shattered, whatever facsimilie they can piece together with a human child they will outlive notwithstanding.

For a game in which the morally optimal path is to play to the pacifist ending and then stop, that's quite the lack of closure to tempt you otherwise.

Been a while since something affected me like that. Been in quite the hole. I read fanfics. I wrote fanfics. Exactly the sort of processed high-fat high-sugar stuff Jacobkosh doesn't care for but I don't care, I enjoyed thinking about it, even if I feel sad about it still.

This was worse than Aeris. At least she got some peace at the end. Flowey goes on and it hurts.

Also since we're in spoiler tags, actual awesome songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfgmMPke7_k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5n2PFLlbpzw

Well that was probably emotionally unhealthy I better reconnect with the real world and oh

Oh

SN7Qsyw.png

Anyway back to talking about Sans...

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    my "time to go to work" jingle is Dating Start.

I always do a little dance when it sounds out.

#NotADork

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    8:40 and my boss hasn't showed up. Is this like college, where if he's not here by 9:05 I DON'T have to go to the meeting he has at 9 that's two fucking hours long where he bullshits?

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Good morning rapscallions.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Despite Trump's low approval numbers, the poll showed him retaining support among his base, with 96% of people who said they voted for him saying they would do so again. The poll showed only 85% of those who voted for Hillary Clinton would do so again, with most of those who would not saying they would either go with a third-party candidate or not vote at all.

wat

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    knitdan wrote:
    I find with books it helps to look at who's doing the praising.

Common everyday salt of the earth folk like you and I, probably trustworthy.

Humanities professors and literary journal fartsniffers, not so much.

I think this last bit means 'critics', and generally I find them to be far more reliable than common everyday salt of the Earth folk. There are a few fine examples of humanity here whose taste I trust, but it's hard-won trust, and they're outnumbered by the number of people who, upon reading a request for book recommendations in a thread here, immediately check to see if the writer "has read the Dresden Files?" I would probably trust a critic over a random body any day of the week.

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    What is with cream cheese and mayo on hot dogs

Soft bun, soft sausage, does it really need more moisture?

The mayo is just going to liquify in the heat...yuck

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Donkey,

Yea that is definitely one of the big draws. I rarely feel like making coffee in the morning. Especially since I'd normally be making it just to have a single cup. Too much effort for that. But I can just make a jar of the cold brew whenever. Then pour out a cup for a few mornings in the row, or a random afternoon treat if I want!

And it tastes better(to me) AND is nicer on my stomach.

I have seen the light!

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    knitdan wrote:
    I find with books it helps to look at who's doing the praising.

Common everyday salt of the earth folk like you and I, probably trustworthy.

Humanities professors and literary journal fartsniffers, not so much.

I think this last bit means 'critics', and generally I find them to be far more reliable than common everyday salt of the Earth folk. There are a few fine examples of humanity here whose taste I trust, but it's hard-won trust, and they're outnumbered by the number of people who, upon reading a request for book recommendations in a thread here, immediately check to see if the writer "has read the Dresden Files?" I would probably trust a critic over a random body any day of the week.

Jonathan Franzen - like typing detected

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Listen all of you mother [chat]ers.

It's Monday.

Full swing.

Half the office called out due to the itis. Superflu confirmed post apocalyptic world otw.

I need caffeine.

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Despite Trump's low approval numbers, the poll showed him retaining support among his base, with 96% of people who said they voted for him saying they would do so again. The poll showed only 85% of those who voted for Hillary Clinton would do so again, with most of those who would not saying they would either go with a third-party candidate or not vote at all.

wat

People remember who they voted for poorly and lie often. Hillary voters will say they would switch their votes because they have the hindsight of knowing she lost. Anybody still claiming to vote for Trump would do so, while Trump voters would claim to have never voted for him to wash their hands.

Nate Silver always gets really upset at taking "how people voted months/years ago" at face value.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Listen all of you mother [chat]ers.

It's Monday.

Full swing.

Half the office called out due to the itis. Superflu confirmed post apocalyptic world otw.

I need caffeine.

Is it wrong to hope my boss has superflu?

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    What is with cream cheese and mayo on hot dogs

Soft bun, soft sausage, does it really need more moisture?

The mayo is just going to liquify in the heat...yuck
    I dunno, I've had a sausage sandwich with mayo before, it's pretty good.

Although with hot dogs, I usually just go bun mustard dog.

Or chilli and cheese if I'm looking for the chilli dog.

• Options
    shit he's here.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    shit he's here.

VaderNo.gif

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I just had an AH butt pee session.

That was uncomfortable.

I have no idea what I ate but I feel like garbage now.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    milski wrote: »
    People remember who they voted for poorly

what!
    Hillary voters will say they would switch their votes because they have the hindsight of knowing she lost.

this also makes no sense to me -- I voted for someone better, who lost, so if I had it to do over again I'd throw away my vote so that we'd still get trump?

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    shit he's here.
    Was he looking over your shoulder?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkcGm-pWwsQ

• Options
    bowen wrote: »
    I just had an AH butt pee session.

That was uncomfortable.

I have no idea what I ate but I feel like garbage now.

it's okay man, your colon just needed to release the evil thoughts.

• Options
    shit he's here.

HIMMMMMM

Helloooooo Powerpuff Girls!

• Options
    how can you not remember who you voted for in each presidential election

• Options

alternate fact

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    okay so real talk time

dategirl is substantially younger than me, and while in person it feels like no big deal (and she assures me its not), I still haven't settled my thoughts about it

also if we start being a regular thing, my ex is probably going to lose her shit over how she's 16 years older than the girl I'm seeing

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    @Ludious

Happy Holiday!
    Ahahahahahahahaha
    *sobs*

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »

wat

People remember who they voted for poorly and lie often. Hillary voters will say they would switch their votes because they have the hindsight of knowing she lost. Anybody still claiming to vote for Trump would do so, while Trump voters would claim to have never voted for him to wash their hands.

Nate Silver always gets really upset at taking "how people voted months/years ago" at face value.

It could also be the case that most Trump voters really are happy with him. His current approval numbers could just be due to how divisive he is as a leader.

• Options
    Atomika wrote: »
    my ex is probably going to lose her shit

this is not your problem

• Options
    okay so real talk time

dategirl is substantially younger than me, and while in person it feels like no big deal (and she assures me its not), I still haven't settled my thoughts about it

also if we start being a regular thing, my ex is probably going to lose her shit over how she's 16 years older than the girl I'm seeing

1) it doesn't matter what your ex things about your new girlfriend. there's a reason she's called your ex.

2) cradle robber

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    this also makes no sense to me -- I voted for someone better, who lost, so if I had it to do over again I'd throw away my vote so that we'd still get trump?

People can be pretty stupid. Like, no matter how old you get, people will surprise you with how dumb they are.

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular

Because the fact you've read a single post election article means you're probably in the top half of informed voters. Slight exaggeration, but people not in tune may have voted based on how they felt about Trump/Clinton in the moment and adjusted their memory based on how they feel now.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    my ex is probably going to lose her shit

this is not your problem

Read: get fukkin rekt

• Options
    careful atomika
    young people are Ne'er-do-wells

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular
    *drinks deeply of these undertale feelings*

yes

yes

good

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
    My YouTube Channel! Featuring silly little Guilty Gear Strive videos and other stuff!
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    okay so real talk time

1) who gives a shit what your ex thinks about who you date

2) no really

3) ok this is mostly the same point rephrased in listicle format

4) but seriously she can get over it

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    one of those rare moments chat comes together in unison

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    okay so real talk time

1) who gives a shit what your ex thinks about who you date

2) no really

3) ok this is mostly the same point rephrased in listicle format

4) but seriously she can get over it

5) be prepared for custody drama

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    shit he's here.

Vin Diesel? Can you get me his autograph?

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Today hasn't started out well and I'm real close to a stress breakdown. I may already be having it I can't tell.

Happy thoughts. Fuck Monday. Down with the wage system. That new magic set is out on MTGO today maybe I'll do a draft later
    Ordered a new PSU and fan and fan to molex cable so I can setup my fancy modular supply and give my old PSU to waffles tomorrow. Yay.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Atomika, some time next week
    JessicaJones05.jpg

• Options
    a
    8:40 and my boss hasn't showed up. Is this like college, where if he's not here by 9:05 I DON'T have to go to the meeting he has at 9 that's two fucking hours long where he bullshits?

haha man I remember this "rule" in college

and one time a bunch of kids were leaving as the professor showed up late and he was like, what the fuck are you doing

no there's not a rule like that leave if you want but you're gonna miss the next 40 minutes of lecture

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    undertale, huh

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    I'm oldening

I dislike this

This discussion has been closed.