Options

[Wrestling] It was the Best of the Super Juniors, it was the worst of the super juniors...

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    What an odd strange hurt in my chest

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Tony Nese and Mustafa Ali had a damn good match

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    AzraithAzraith DON'T Registered User regular
    Can't remember the last time a WWE event gave me the same feeling of excitement and fun that last VGCW show had. It'll be sorely missed.

kgefLUA.png
    Steam Live: Azraith PSN: AzraithDeMitri
  • Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    oh man this is great, the what could have been, showing off potential guys who could have been on VGCW

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Azraith wrote: »
    Can't remember the last time a WWE event gave me the same feeling of excitement and fun that last VGCW show had. It'll be sorely missed.

Thats because WWE doesnt know how to tell a conclusion to a story.

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Ok London, the "this is AH AH" chant is pretty good...

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Magell wrote: »
    Azraith wrote: »

Thats because WWE doesnt know how to tell a conclusion to a story.

In fairness, it's really difficult to do that when your product doesn't have an end point and you have to constantly try and convince people to stick around.

I get your point but it must be a nightmare for every writer in WWE, and Vince as well.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Bowser vs. Ganon dark match on the post-show right now, holy moly

• Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    DARK MATCH, BOWSER VS GANON ONE LAST TIME

• Options
    We mock WWE creative and for good reason but I wouldn't wish that job on anyone, with or without having to deal with Vince regularly.

• Options
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    We mock WWE creative and for good reason but I wouldn't wish that job on anyone, with or without having to deal with Vince regularly.

Fuck Vince. And fuck those excuses. WWE tells shitty stories because they do. I can write that shit in my sleep. They say they are sports entertainment, but its not presented like a sport or any entertainment show.

• Options
    edited May 2017

Fuck Vince. And fuck those excuses. WWE tells shitty stories because they do. I can write that shit in my sleep. They say they are sports entertainment, but its not presented like a sport or any entertainment show.

So you think it's that easy to write for WWE huh

Come on Magell

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    Just thinking about that VGCW finale again, and it's unbelievable how as someone who watched the show very rarely, it still hit all of the emotional beats as intended. Just so well designed.

• Options

No, i think telling a story is easy, but they're too stupid to do it right.

• Options
    Writing something for an E-fed is not the same as writing things for actual people with hopes and dreams and egos.

And guess what? Some might think your writing is just as shitty as WWE.

• Options

They've told great stories recently, Jericho/Owens as the prime example.

• Options
    Writing something for an E-fed is not the same as writing things for actual people with hopes and dreams and egos.

The problem isnt the writing and dialogue its the plotlines that are bad. There is no reasoning behind anything that happens from week to week.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    telling a story is easy, telling a good story is hard in any medium, let alone one largely done in live performances with talent that might not do what you want or who might quit or get injured, surrounded by an audience that...changes literally every show is...it's not impossible, but it is hard

and that absolutely does not mean raw and smackdown shouldn't be criticized for their bad choices and bad stories and bad business practices, but let's not sit around here and pretend like setting one of these shows up isn't incredibly fucking difficult

• Options

Also i know people feel that way about my writing i post it in TWB, but people still trust my advice on writing.

• Options

The problem isnt the writing and dialogue its the plotlines that are bad. There is no reasoning behind anything that happens from week to week.

This goes back to the fact that there's no end point. It's not a completely valid excuse, but it's understandable.

I'm all for WWE overhauling their creative and making Raw and SDL like NXT (though SDL is closer to it because of Ryan Ward) but after 15 years of nothing changing it's just exhausting to me to keep harping on it. And I'm NOT SAYING WE SHOULDN'T COMPLAIN. But maybe NXT will continually bleed over to the main roster and Raw gets better.

• Options

Also i know people feel that way about my writing i post it in TWB, but people still trust my advice on writing.

I wasn't directly saying your writing is shit Magell, just to be clear.

• Options

This goes back to the fact that there's no end point. It's not a completely valid excuse, but it's understandable.

I'm all for WWE overhauling their creative and making Raw and SDL like NXT (though SDL is closer to it because of Ryan Ward) but after 15 years of nothing changing it's just exhausting to me to keep harping on it. And I'm NOT SAYING WE SHOULDN'T COMPLAIN. But maybe NXT will continually bleed over to the main roster and Raw gets better.

NXT hasnt bled over yet so I wouldnt count on it.

Each story should conclude and then go to a next story. Taking more of a cue from mma would help. Losing a feud is bad, but a winning streak fixes a wrestlers status and they can balance out different levels of overness.

• Options
    The WWE machine just keeps chugging along though. They're still making money despite the record low TV numbers and such, plus the fact that they seemingly give the Network away for free.

• Options
    edited May 2017
    The WWE machine just keeps chugging along though. They're still making money despite the record low TV numbers and such, plus the fact that they seemingly give the Network away for free.

So?

Its still not a good product. The only thing worse than the writing is their production.

Magell on
  • Options

So?

Its still not a good product. The only thing worse than the writing is their production.

Say what? Their production is excellent.

You mean the camera angles?

• Options

So?

Say what? Their production is excellent.

You mean the camera angles?

The direction is terrible. They miss action in the ring and backstage stuff is so boring.

• Options

Its not a great story.

Why did Owens turn on Jericho?

• Options

Its not a great story.

... You do know Kevin's character since 2009 correct.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular

Its not a great story.

Jericho was rooting for Ganon

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    And WWE fully established Owens as the same character he was from 2010 to 2012 in 2015.

• Options

Its not a great story.

... You do know Kevin's character since 2009 correct.

Hes a prize fighter who wants to make the most money for his family.

He then attacked the person helping him keep the belt because of what hhh said and got nothing in return.

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular

Its not a great story.

My understanding was that he was pissed at Jericho getting him in a match with Goldberg, and people were saying he would t be champion without Jericho so he got rid of him to state that he didn't need anyone's help to win his battles.

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    The best story WWE has done recently was the ascension of Daniel Bryan, and that was more luck than anything else.

• Options
    Kyougu wrote: »
    The best story WWE has done recently was the ascension of Daniel Bryan, and that was more luck than anything else.

Wrestling ending up being great relies a lot on luck.

• Options

No it doesn't or shouldn't.

• Options

WWE getting Hogan in 1983, NWO getting huge, Austin's ascension, the Montreal Screwjob leading to the biggest wrestling heel character ever, Vince Russo leaving WWE, the Radical's debuting.

A lot of great wrestling moments relied on luck.

• Options

WWE getting Hogan in 1983, NWO getting huge, Austin's ascension, the Montreal Screwjob leading to the biggest wrestling heel character ever, Vince Russo leaving WWE, the Radical's debuting.

Its not about luck its about capitalizing on opportunities that have been paid for.

NWO wasnt luck that was great booking.

Those are moments whete the writing took advantage of the opportunity, plus all those things had terrible conclusions.

• Options
    I'm An Elk; Shoot MeI'm An Elk; Shoot Me It's Fiddler Crab Season! Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    In all honesty the best storyline WWE has done in the last year was everything Miz said and did between Talking Smack and Mania, with exception of everyone pretending he wasn't right about all of it

The second best storyline was the video of his dad

I'm An Elk; Shoot Me on
  • Options

Its not about luck its about capitalizing on opportunities that have been paid for.

Those are moments whete the writing took advantage of the opportunity, plus all those things had terrible conclusions.

wait what

• Options

wait what

Which one had a good conclusion?

This discussion has been closed.