Options

Chilean art gallery [chat]

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    vanguard let's hang out

in like

late june lol

(i shoulda seen if you wanted to come to jazz on sunday i couldnt find anyone to go with me and i went alone and wasted a ticket)

late june should work - we can get foods together

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    Hmm I think I will sign your petition DK

I must assume yall have not had good biscuits, but I am also reluctant to tell people they really like something when they don't, so

idk they are just bread pucks, it seems like if you like buttery pastry there's nothing not to like

• Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    I'm not sure biscuits are actually good even in their most perfect form. But I'll keep the dream alive just in case. The ingredients seem like you can't go wrong but reality disagrees.

I had some mad good biscuits in ATL recently. White gravy, sunny-side up eggs, and big ol' buttermilk biscuits. At this place called the Wrecking Bar.

Kinda this, but with some egg and dang yo.
    lL3ASVfl.jpg

Qanamil on
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    How does a biscuit differ from an englidh muffin

desc on
  • Options
    Oh fuck phone typing ffs

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    These are what I think of when I think of biscuits:

picAArsFl.jpg

It's only amongst fried chicken that I've had them

these look tasty imo

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »
    I'm not sure biscuits are actually good even in their most perfect form. But I'll keep the dream alive just in case. The ingredients seem like you can't go wrong but reality disagrees.

dang, really?

I don't like them plain, but a good biscuit with some butter, or butter and honey/jelly, or with some fried chicken on it

to say nothing of a biscuit with some cheddar and onions or bacon baked in

They're always too dense and cement-like for me. When I find one I like, it's apparently too light and fluffy and "not a real biscuit".

you need to come get southern food from a place that does it well

when I was in DC, I got biscuits from a place with Shiv and they were basically the biggest let-down I'd experienced in a number of years

And he's met me!

it's true, recently even

• Options
    how you even type with those tiny arms, desc?

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus

I'm sure it would be impossible to tell which President wrote which note without the signatures.

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular

Entirely different consistency, sweeter. EM gets its holes through chemical action, a good biscuit has layers a la pastry dough

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Basic biscuit rules:

1)Should be fresh. Biscuits should be warm but not hot. This means they are airy and not dried out.
    2)Don't overcook the bottoms. This is a common mistake and means the oven was probably too hot.
    3)Should be served with butter at least.
    4)Not part of a healthy breakfast so should be made using good stuff like real butter, butter milk, and so on.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    @OnTheLastCastle I have seen the light and the way, and its name is Beam.

Yeah the tech is so good but no one uses it :( I'll keep trying!

@visiblehowl my name is the same on there

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    HerrCron wrote: »
    Bogart wrote: »
    Are these the biscuits that are scones?

I hope so, I would worry about a people that would stoop so low as to slather some rich tea or digestives in gravy and act like that's normal

I don't think the gravy is what we know as gravy either. Even so, scones and gravy sounds baffling.

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    True story I signed a guestbook better after 10 drinks at a wedding this Saturday.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    there was a 24 hr biscuit place in the east village that was there for a bit but they went out of business

their biscuits were only okay / middling but like, as a late night drunk food option.... (not that i go out and drink anymore i can't)
    but 24 hr biscuit place doesn't seem the best business model

poo
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    mazzy knows how to cook a biscuit

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    there was a 24 hr biscuit place in the east village that was there for a bit but they went out of business

their biscuits were only okay / middling but like, as a late night drunk food option.... (not that i go out and drink anymore i can't)

well, that 24 hour IHOP is still banging on

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Vanguard wrote: »
    vanguard let's hang out

in like

late june lol

(i shoulda seen if you wanted to come to jazz on sunday i couldnt find anyone to go with me and i went alone and wasted a ticket)

late june should work - we can get foods together

being an adult is needing to plan hanging out with someone who lives walking distance from you a month in advance

poo
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

I'm sure it would be impossible to tell which President wrote which note without the signatures.

this reminds me of all those really insensitive selfies rich kids take at historical sites of tragedy

"taking my selfie game to radioactive levels at chernobyl"

etc

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    English muffins are kneaded and glutinous yeast bread. Biscuits are closer to pancakes than a bread. They're short (the flour is not mixed much or kneaded) and they've got butter mixed in.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Fuck you guys are making it hard to be healthy, now I want all the biscuits.

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Eddy wrote: »

well, that 24 hour IHOP is still banging on

but that's ihop and not overpriced

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular

I can give you a good recipe to try if you like uvu

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options

I must assume yall have not had good biscuits, but I am also reluctant to tell people they really like something when they don't, so

idk they are just bread pucks, it seems like if you like buttery pastry there's nothing not to like

I mean the position being put forth is that biscuits are merely okay and the ceiling stops short of greatness, right? No one hates biscuits per se.

I've had loaves of handmade Rosemary bread that just wonderful in the textures of softness of bread and satisfying chewy crust and the flavors are wonderful plain or with butter etc

A biscuit is a hockey puck that goes with other food but what makes a stunningly great biscuit?

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

I may be from Colorado but my mom is from Arkansas and I learned Southern cooking from her.

My fried chicken game is on point.

(Secret is it takes a long time to cook properly, people way over heat their oil)

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    You have to shave the butter so you don't get whiskers in your mouth

Neco on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Wait wait biscuits should have fkin pastry dough in them?!

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options

Entirely different consistency, sweeter. EM gets its holes through chemical action, a good biscuit has layers a la pastry dough

I enjoy bread science chat this is informative

Let's be philosophical about fluffy carbs

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    good morning bros

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    also fuck terrorism

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »

I may be from Colorado but my mom is from Arkansas and I learned Southern cooking from her.

My fried chicken game is on point.

(Secret is it takes a long time to cook properly, people way over heat their oil)

If you heat your oil and it starts smoking, start over.

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular

I mean the position being put forth is that biscuits are merely okay and the ceiling stops short of greatness, right? No one hates biscuits per se.

I've had loaves of handmade Rosemary bread that just wonderful in the textures of softness of bread and satisfying chewy crust and the flavors are wonderful plain or with butter etc

A biscuit is a hockey puck that goes with other food but what makes a stunningly great biscuit?

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2015/08/the-food-lab-buttermilk-biscuits-recipe.html

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Wow, Take Two put out their earnings.
    GTA V: 80M Shipped, 25% Digital

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    The question of what a biscuit is, is is complicated by the fact that I'm amongst new englanders, southerners, and the english, along with the fact that I don't bake (heh)

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Basic biscuit rules:

1)Should be fresh. Biscuits should be warm but not hot. This means they are airy and not dried out.
    2)Don't overcook the bottoms. This is a common mistake and means the oven was probably too hot.
    3)Should be served with butter at least.
    4)Not part of a healthy breakfast so should be made using good stuff like real butter, butter milk, and so on.

5)Cover in sausage gravy

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular

I hope so, I would worry about a people that would stoop so low as to slather some rich tea or digestives in gravy and act like that's normal

I don't think the gravy is what we know as gravy either. Even so, scones and gravy sounds baffling.

Oh yeah, it's some kind of white.... stuff?

sig.gif
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    ugh the baby woke up and wont sleep and im SO TIRED

have an additional baby and order it to take care of the first one

• Options
    also roger moore died :(

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular

Oh yeah, it's some kind of white.... stuff?

piceRB3F1.jpg

IT IS SO GOOD

• Options
    ugh the baby woke up and wont sleep and im SO TIRED

have an additional baby and order it to take care of the first one

It works for corporate managers

This discussion has been closed.