Wow, Take Two put out their earnings.
    GTA V: 80M Shipped, 25% Digital

what did it gross 2-3 billion?

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    mazzy knows how to cook a biscuit

I may be from Colorado but my mom is from Arkansas and I learned Southern cooking from her.

My fried chicken game is on point.

(Secret is it takes a long time to cook properly, people way over heat their oil)

If you heat your oil and it starts smoking, start over.

The biggest thing is folks get the oil too hot and the outside of the chicken gets browned well before the inside cooks, especially with bones in which you should do if you can.

So they cook the outside too long and the inside too short.

More of a medium heat that fries but allows it too cook all the way through is what is important.

I mean basic fried chicken is just milk, eggs, salt, pepper, and flour. Proportions are important here and I recommend butter milk and never use less than whole milk.

Who the fuck cooks with non-whole milk though?

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    HerrCron wrote: »
    Bogart wrote: »
    HerrCron wrote: »
    Bogart wrote: »
    Are these the biscuits that are scones?

I hope so, I would worry about a people that would stoop so low as to slather some rich tea or digestives in gravy and act like that's normal

I don't think the gravy is what we know as gravy either. Even so, scones and gravy sounds baffling.

Oh yeah, it's some kind of white.... stuff?

It's not a pan gravy

Its a bechamel

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    ugh the baby woke up and wont sleep and im SO TIRED

have an additional baby and order it to take care of the first one

It works for corporate managers

you now have a bachelors in business

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    Wait wait biscuits should have fkin pastry dough in them?!

The way you mix the butter in laminates the dough in a manner similar to pastry dough

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    what the fuck possesses a 23 year old kid with their entire life in front of them to blow up a bomb in a crowd of children

i will never understand this kind of evil

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular

The way you mix the butter in laminates the dough in a manner similar to pastry dough

LAMINATES

fucking thank you

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Hmm I think I will sign your petition DK

I must assume yall have not had good biscuits, but I am also reluctant to tell people they really like something when they don't, so

idk they are just bread pucks, it seems like if you like buttery pastry there's nothing not to like

I mean the position being put forth is that biscuits are merely okay and the ceiling stops short of greatness, right? No one hates biscuits per se.

I've had loaves of handmade Rosemary bread that just wonderful in the textures of softness of bread and satisfying chewy crust and the flavors are wonderful plain or with butter etc

A biscuit is a hockey puck that goes with other food but what makes a stunningly great biscuit?

Look I've had focaccia made fresh, in a quaint seaside village in Italy with fresh local olives and wine, pretty much top tier of bread experiences.

I believe in the southern US I could find a parallel experience with biscuits and sausage gravy.

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    I wish I was biscuit

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    anyone who doesnt agree to gooeys anti terrorism post is a terrorist and should probably be shot

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    how does white gravy differ from Bechamel, the mother sauce?

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited May 2017

I think a lot of the biscuits I've had are drop biscuits. Which are terrible and have no laminated dough and whoever invented them should be ashamed.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular

I must assume yall have not had good biscuits, but I am also reluctant to tell people they really like something when they don't, so

idk they are just bread pucks, it seems like if you like buttery pastry there's nothing not to like

I mean the position being put forth is that biscuits are merely okay and the ceiling stops short of greatness, right? No one hates biscuits per se.

I've had loaves of handmade Rosemary bread that just wonderful in the textures of softness of bread and satisfying chewy crust and the flavors are wonderful plain or with butter etc

A biscuit is a hockey puck that goes with other food but what makes a stunningly great biscuit?

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2015/08/the-food-lab-buttermilk-biscuits-recipe.html

This looks pretty tasty hmm

I haven't baked in some time

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Wow, Take Two put out their earnings.
    GTA V: 80M Shipped, 25% Digital

That game surely must be the most profitable non MMO game of all time yeah? Still selling well enough to stay full price 2 years after release.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i like dipping kfc biscuits in the cole slaw juice

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Sleep wrote: »

Look I've had focaccia made fresh, in a quaint seaside village in Italy with fresh local olives and wine, pretty much top tier of bread experiences.

I believe in the southern US I could find a parallel experience with biscuits and sausage gravy.

You could, but you'd be in the southern US, which is kind of what's driving my frustration here, since i can't help but think that's part of the disconnect

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    lucile's in boulder has terrible service but great biscuit
    Same with Lucille's in Denver.

I love their gravy. Carlin County is the light. And drinking a momosa is also a fine way to start a day.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

I think a lot of the biscuits I've had are drop biscuits. Which are terrible and have no laminated dough and whoever invented them should be ashamed.

there are such things as good drop biscuits but

like finding the perfect cherry blossom

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    People talking about biscuits like this is funny
    every hole in the wall gas station and everything sells good biscuits here
    hell our baseball team is called the biscuits and we shoot the fucking things out of an air cannon
    we are literally drowning in biscuits
    pls help

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    edited May 2017

I think a lot of the biscuits I've had are drop biscuits. Which are terrible and whoever invented them should be ashamed.

You still laminate the dough in drop biscuits, they're the only kind I make

You've probably mostly had rolled biscuits, those are the kinds you get in restaurants and most mid-east and northern recipes. Were they smooth-topped and cylindrical, or spiky and malformed?

Perhaps you are correcr but I would be surprised. Both are good, but rolled are much more breadlike.

Blameless Cleric on
    Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    i am having a real dilemma where i know i should eat less bread just in general

but i also finally have enough counter space to make bread and breadlike products again

truly man is meant to suffer

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Eddy was warned for this.
    Gooey wrote: »
    what the fuck possesses a 23 year old kid with their entire life in front of them to blow up a bomb in a crowd of children

people like you deliberately choose not to understand that pained and enraged spectrum of humanity

You see their actions and think those actions stand alone and not in the context of years of thoughts and events and and emotions and idea

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    TTODewback wrote: »
    hell our baseball team is called the biscuits and we shoot the fucking things out of an air cannon
    pls help

hang on i have this rescue boat made of biscuits

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

Isolation, disconnect from the majority of society, the search for purpose, discrimination and marginalization due to minority status, poverty, lack of attainable future, structural racism, need for a sense of belonging with an in group, looking for empowerment, resentment of the majority, and such are like the short list.

These are all things that can be exploited and turn people against each other. I am trying not to be insulting so please don't take it that way. The privilege of being the majority in a country with all the rights is really what probably makes the disconnect for you much greater. If someone comes to you and says, "You can be more than you are now just do this" the draw is a lot less since you are towards the top of the socioeconomic pile compared to a lot of these folks.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Drop biscuits are just an Australian prank they aren't real omg

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    pls help

I'll help, but only if you accept my ow friend req you fiend.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

You could, but you'd be in the southern US, which is kind of what's driving my frustration here, since i can't help but think that's part of the disconnect

Another part of the disconnect is that it's hard to trust southerners. They're fiercely proud of their food traditions and claim you cannot have possibly had good X outside the south. But this is of course nonsense, all these thingns are available most places if you know where to look. And while some are actually good, others are not. Sweet tea is terrible, for example. The more traditional the worse it is.

• Options

i would be willing to bet there's a shit diner somewhere in Burtucky that makes biscuits and gravy as well as any place in the south

• Options
    a lot of super malformed style drop biscuits are nasty as shit because they get super dry since the density or thickness or whatever isnt uniform

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Apothe0sis wrote: »

Execution only, mostly. No butter (none for finishing, anyways - you'd make your roux with it if you have no bacon or sausage fat), no boiled milk, the flour is basically added to the fat, cooked only a moment, and the milk added directly to the roux.

Its a one pan operation, looser than bechamel

SummaryJudgment on
  • Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular

Same thing that will get a kid to give up their freedom and go half way around the world to shoot/be shot at by people they otherwise would have never even seen. Same thing that will get a kid to run a backpack full of heroin across town for what works out to less then minimum wage.

Young people seek purpose and belonging very strongly. Older people either prey on that or seek to mold them, depending on your point of view.

People who feel they are outside of society reject it.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited May 2017

Another part of the disconnect is that it's hard to trust southerners. They're fiercely proud of their food traditions and claim you cannot have possibly had good X outside the south. But this is of course nonsense, all these thingns are available most places if you know where to look. And while some are actually good, others are not. Sweet tea is terrible, for example. The more traditional the worse it is.

Judging by some of the "southern" food I've had outside of the south, midwest, and rural America... yeah, they aren't completely wrong.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    pls help

i opened battle.net last night and did right before i went to bed.
    if that wasnt you i dont know who the fuck it was.

Bless your heart.
  • Options

cracked black pepper basically

• Options
    pls help

i opened battle.net last night and did right before i went to bed.
    if that wasnt you i dont know who the fuck it was.

I'm so lost and sad qq

It was Rock#something. I never remember my number.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    ugh the baby woke up and wont sleep and im SO TIRED

have an additional baby and order it to take care of the first one

It works for corporate managers

you now have a bachelors in business

Bab 1, great job this quarter. But I want to see you taking a more aggressive position re: leadership.

Bab 2, you're learning the ropes. Good growth this quarter. I want you to work closely with #1 on our sales goals next quarter.

• Options
    Chanus wrote: »

cracked black pepper basically

i love black pepper.
    just never stop putting it on gravy or grits or eggs
    allt he black pepper

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    yay I just got $100 in gift cards for einsteins bagels and a $100 gas card because a customer told upper management that I was "amazing"

override367 on
  • Options

I think a lot of the biscuits I've had are drop biscuits. Which are terrible and whoever invented them should be ashamed.

You still laminate the dough in drop biscuits, they're the only kind I make

You've probably mostly had rolled biscuits, those are the kinds you get in restaurants and most mid-east and northern recipes. Were they smooth-topped and cylindrical, or spiky and malformed?

Perhaps you are correcr but I would be surprised. Both are good, but rolled are much more breadlike.

Spiky and malformed and almost always undercooked inside.

• Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »

Isolation, disconnect from the majority of society, the search for purpose, discrimination and marginalization due to minority status, poverty, lack of attainable future, structural racism, need for a sense of belonging with an in group, looking for empowerment, resentment of the majority, and such are like the short list.

These are all things that can be exploited and turn people against each other. I am trying not to be insulting so please don't take it that way. The privilege of being the majority in a country with all the rights is really what probably makes the disconnect for you much greater. If someone comes to you and says, "You can be more than you are now just do this" the draw is a lot less since you are towards the top of the socioeconomic pile compared to a lot of these folks.

No, I get all of that. I am a firm believer that the root of conflict is economics.

If I am a young impressionable male with no education, no job, no purpose, no real future, I can see how someone saying "here is a cause, if you die for it you will live in heaven for eternity and will be remembered as a martyr.

I am just commenting on the nature of evil, and the mental leap it takes to go from reading Islamic terrorist websites to actually building a bomb, strapping it to yourself, and setting it off in a crowd of children.

919UOwT.png
This discussion has been closed.