Options

[Game of Thrones] OPEN SPOILERS through most recent Season 7 episode. Valar Morghulis.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Well that looks awful.
    Pretty much I'm going to flay off your skin and apply a medical ointment

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Welp, RIP Hot Pie at some point in the near future.

Nah he's a survivor. Said so himself.

Further proof that hot pie wins the throne.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I'm upset. I wrote the script for that one scene in this episode but they changed all the dialogue! The original script went like this:

Grey Worm: "Missandei, I..."
    Missandei: "WHAT??? DON'T YOU WANT ME???"
    Grey Worm: "I wish I had a penis I could use on you."
    Missandei: "HERE LOOK AT THESE!"
    Grey Worm: "They are nice. I am sad that I cannot penis you. But the viewers at home must be very happy."
    Missandei: "I got paid a lot to do this scene."
    Grey Worm: "You were good in The Fast and the Furious. But to be honest I don't remember which one you were in."
    Missandei: "Me neither. It's one of the first 20 or so."
    Grey Worm: "Now what?"
    Missandei: "Uhh, let's fuck."
    Grey Worm: "How?"
    Missandei: "Here's use this Vibratex Magic Wand Original Hv-260, New 2013 Edition. I bought it off Amazon. Arrived yersterday via Amazon Dragondrop. Can you believe they can deliver within two hours to anywhere within Westeros?"
    Grey Worm: "It certainly is a bizarre world we live in. So I just touch this button here?"
    Missandei: "Yes. OMG yes."
    Grey Worm: "Whoa lady, I haven't even used it on you yet. OK here goes."
    Missandei: "Phlbbt."
    Grey Worm: "Phlbbt to you too."
    Missandei: "CALL ME WINTER."
    Grey Worm: "Why?"
    Missandei: "Because Winter is coming."

Also, HBO never paid me for the work I did.

Wait, for that matter they never asked me to write it either. Uh...nevermind then.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    TheDrifterTheDrifter Registered User regular
    What did Arya whisper?

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    So this was Euron's 20 brave men moment? *sighs*

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    Something along the lines of, that's not you

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    this is so fucked.

wow.

Like, thanks Euron for taking care of the sand snakes for me but what the fuck.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »

Aside from it being the entire 1,000 ships?

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    It's really too bad Euron managed to sail north and pick up Ramsay's +30 Plot Armor of Cackling Evil. Because otherwise that was good again.

And also had like... satellite imaging to locate Yara's fleet. Impressive to do that in open water at night.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Wait

Euron solo'd the Sand Snakes that Jamie and Bronn couldn't handle?

• Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    Disappointing turn for Theon. It was probably the smart thing to do though. I mean I doubt he could've actually beaten Euron. Probably would've just gotten himself captured or killed.

Sam's cure is bullshit but... fine. Whatever. Why not.

• Options
    Wait

my only thought is that Jaime and Bronn didnt take them seriously until it was too late.

Euron went in fighting to kill and knowing what he was up against.

Those snakes are no longer a secret; they beat Jaime and killed a princess.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    Euron did get cut up a good bit though. Don't the Sand Snakes use poison? Isn't that, like... their thing?

Probably not this time though.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Wait

It's hard fighting on boats. Especially when your fleet is flanked, and there wasn't a proper lookout. Yi Sun-Sin would have had problems under those conditions.

• Options
    HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular

I was originally upset but then I realized no one I liked was actually there so then I was like let them fight.

While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Varys for President

• Options
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Varys for President

Though honestly Dany's whole "when I am betraying the people tell me dude, dont start another rebellion or conspiracy" was the right fucking answer, and should be the first clue that she is a much better ruler than the last few.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    RT800 wrote: »
    Euron did get cut up a good bit though. Don't the Sand Snakes use poison? Isn't that, like... their thing?

Well I mean they did specifically allude to it earlier in the episode so it's not outside the realms of possibility.

• Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    I'm upset. I wrote the script for that one scene in this episode but they changed all the dialogue! The original script went like this:

Grey Worm: "Missandei, I..."
    Missandei: "WHAT??? DON'T YOU WANT ME???"
    Grey Worm: "I wish I had a penis I could use on you."
    Missandei: "HERE LOOK AT THESE!"
    Grey Worm: "They are nice. I am sad that I cannot penis you. But the viewers at home must be very happy."
    Missandei: "I got paid a lot to do this scene."
    Grey Worm: "You were good in The Fast and the Furious. But to be honest I don't remember which one you were in."
    Missandei: "Me neither. It's one of the first 20 or so."
    Grey Worm: "Now what?"
    Missandei: "Uhh, let's fuck."
    Grey Worm: "How?"
    Missandei: "Here's use this Vibratex Magic Wand Original Hv-260, New 2013 Edition. I bought it off Amazon. Arrived yersterday via Amazon Dragondrop. Can you believe they can deliver within two hours to anywhere within Westeros?"
    Grey Worm: "It certainly is a bizarre world we live in. So I just touch this button here?"
    Missandei: "Yes. OMG yes."
    Grey Worm: "Whoa lady, I haven't even used it on you yet. OK here goes."
    Missandei: "Phlbbt."
    Grey Worm: "Phlbbt to you too."
    Missandei: "CALL ME WINTER."
    Grey Worm: "Why?"
    Missandei: "Because Winter is coming."

Also, HBO never paid me for the work I did.

Wait, for that matter they never asked me to write it either. Uh...nevermind then.

Missandei should just invent the strap-on and start pegging him. The Unsullied still have prostates, it'd be a revelation for all of them.

MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    Danys outfit is super baller btw

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Wait

It's not the most outrageous show of fighting ability this series has produced, so why not?

• Options
    walnutmonwalnutmon Registered User regular
    Bad-Beat wrote: »

Well I mean they did specifically allude to it earlier in the episode so it's not outside the realms of possibility.

did they? I don't recall that ... I do tend to phase out when the sand snakes are doing things

xbox: jmbizzo | ps3: walnutmon | steam: walnutmon | SC2: walnutmon.591
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Varys for President

Show outright confirming my long standing belief that Varys is the only democrat in Westeros, god bless him.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    Wait

It's hard fighting on boats. Especially when your fleet is flanked, and there wasn't a proper lookout. Yi Sun-Sin would have had problems under those conditions.

To be fair, a crowded, rolling, boat deck that's on fire in the middle of the night isn't exactly the ideal engagement for a person using a whip or whatever dancy spear form they were trained in. Especially if that person isn't used to fighting on a boat. Probably goes double if you've been drinking somewhat heavily.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular

An ambush at night with ship borne artillery, fire, and a lot of boarders experienced with fighting on a ship versus a lot of Tyrell and Dornish who are not while Yara was drinking is at least a lot more believable at being effective than Ramsay's setting horses on fire without being noticed. That's not too far off from how Bartholomew Roberts had his pirate career ended by the British. A bit of a chump way to be defeated on the part of Yara, but a lot of pirate deaths and defeats aren't particularly glorious.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options

I hope she tips her hair stylist who came across the sea to Dragonstone with her, because those single wavy braids are on point.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    walnutmon wrote: »
    Bad-Beat wrote: »

did they? I don't recall that ... I do tend to phase out when the sand snakes are doing things

Sorry, I meant the conversation on Dragonstone where Tyrion called them out on poisoning Myrcella.

• Options
    syndalis wrote: »

I hope she tips her hair stylist who came across the sea to Dragonstone with her, because those single wavy braids are on point.

however my fiance noted that they kept changing length between scenes; then I noticed it ... and PLOT HOLE

• Options

An ambush at night with ship borne artillery, fire, and a lot of boarders experienced with fighting on a ship versus a lot of Tyrell and Dornish who are not while Yara was drinking is at least a lot more believable at being effective than Ramsay's setting horses on fire without being noticed. That's not too far off from how Bartholomew Roberts had his pirate career ended by the British. A bit of a chump way to be defeated on the part of Yara, but a lot of pirate deaths and defeats aren't particularly glorious.

Yeah, this was our first peek into Euron. Like, actual Euron.

Dude was entertaining as fuck to watch, and a night-time ambush is a fairly realistic way to catch your opponent with their pants down.

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Euron Greyjoy is apparently Mad Max, but with boats.

• Options
    HachfaceHachface Not the Minister Farrakhan you're thinking of Dammit, Shepard!Registered User regular
    Yeah, Euron's attack isn't 1/100th as ridiculous as the bullshit Ramsay got up to.

• Options

I'd also like to give some points to Cersei's designer.
    I wouldn't think that armored pauldrons on a gown could be a good look, but damn, somebody done proved me wrong.

• Options
    Euron didn't kill yara or the last sand snake or Ellaria.

I suspect he will bring the snake back to kings landing as a "gift" of someone who killed the queen's daughter.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Well, that escalated quickly.
    Well that looks awful.

A+ transition though.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Also fuck Theon.

• Options
    The Nymeria scene is meant to be indicative of how much Arya's changed since Season 1, so much so that she's hardly recognisable to the ones she loved, right? Suggesting that she might not find it such a welcoming return to Winterfell.. At least that's what I took from it.

• Options
    Jorah-chan

If you're a dead man walking you gotta go out like a champ at least

• Options
    Also fuck Theon.

I am honestly glad he didn't get a hero's death there. Dude will have PTSD for life. him running away from the bowt full of people tearing people apart makes a ton of sense, even if it sucks.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    Also fuck Theon.

but he looked so content floating in the water with his little piece of a boat; ya know?

• Options
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Well, that escalated quickly.
    Well that looks awful.

A+ transition though.

So, was anybody else eating a pot pie for dinner at exactly the wrong moment?

This discussion has been closed.