Options

[Splatoon] Kid/Squid color coating warfare with style!

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    I only now just realized there's a drink menu at the food truck. Was wondering about those weird tickets I kept getting at Salmon Run.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Man, I need like 4 items currently available in the splatnet shop but you can only buy one :(

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Knight_ wrote: »
    Man, I need like 4 items currently available in the splatnet shop but you can only buy one :(

You can buy it and redeem it immediately, and then buy another so on and so forth. If you have access to your Switch that is.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Yea, I don't, it's at home :( I want the aviators with main saver and the flip flops but they both expire next. Someone will have them in the plaza later maybe.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited August 2017
    I just had a very strange glitch happen to me while playing rainmaker. I couldn't see any explosion effects, the shield around the rainmaker, squid locator beacons on the map, or the grind rails (although I could see the people traveling on the rails, making them easy to spot). This made things way too easy, since it gave me a clear line of sight to the enemy. Actually I may have also been invisible because no one ever even shot at me. I went 10-1, with my only death coming from the rainmakers shield exploding when I didn't even know it was there in the first place. I restarted because of how cheap it was, I don't want to win by exploiting bugs.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Jesus a team with all brellas keeps everything inked with their sub and special. And their shots feels like getting hit with a faster bucket.

• Options
    homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    I just today noticed Crusty Sean's drink menu has brands associated with each drink, so now I have an in-game way to check which brands are naturally more likely to get which sub-ability when levelling up.

• Options
    edited August 2017
    For the love of ketchup you guys, when are we going to stop farting around and play some organized games together? I can't take it anymore, I feel like the game is conspiring against me to team me up with the worst players imaginable in ranked play. I'm at A rank too and I have no idea how these players got this far. Even the win streaks I go on are only because every other game I have to force my crappy team to win. Seriously my friend code is in sig, lets get some team games going.

Edit: "Sorry that we lost because I was only able to kill the other team 3 times in a row instead of consistently throughout the whole match guys, thats my bad" that's what it's turned into, and this shit happens all the time. I can't play like this anymore, it's exhausting. The matchmaking in this game sucks.

Edit2: for the record I'm not saying that I'm super good and everyone else sucks, I'm saying that the matchmaking sucks and never teams me with people at my own skill level, whatever that is.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    the only rainmaker games I won tonight were the ones where I grabbed the silly McGuffin myself

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    TIL the Tenta Missiles can expire if you take too long to pick a target.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Either this is a really good weapon set or people are finally figuring out salmon run. I'm winning all the time today, profreshional 140!

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    It's a pretty dang good set but I think people are getting used to the boss/wave types.

• Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    I got excited but no, this selection is shit.

Splatling and carbon roller? The weakest roller is never going to be a good salmon run weapon.

So I've i've lost 4/4 matches and dropped 30 points. People suck and the weapons are terrible.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    It's the fastest roller, though. Spam shotgun splashes to destroy crowds of chum or damage a boss.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Rami wrote: »

Splatling and carbon roller? The weakest roller is never going to be a good salmon run weapon.

So I've i've lost 4/4 matches and dropped 30 points. People suck and the weapons are terrible.

I had a griller wave. All my teammates ran after the small fry for half the time while the griller chased me. I'm convinced none of them had ever seen the wave and were also totally blind.

It was the first wave.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Speed is worthless when it can't one-shot a regular salmonid. Any other roller is faster in practice because they run straight through and insta-kill. And it's range is dreadful.

sig.gif
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Rami wrote: »

The roller's great. I'm glad I can jump and attack without getting locked into a really long flick animation. It's as good as ever for its primary role in Salmon Run, i.e. making paths back to the basket constantly.

I don't love the splatling but it destroys all bosses.

I lost a couple times but it was generally in round 3. Ended at profreshional 150, a lot higher than I've ever been.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    It's still the worst at it's role of path clearing because it can't run through regular enemies.

I tried the splatbrella. It's novel but I'm not sure it's actually good. The primary shot is like a mini-blaster which means it's too slow to score a kill against any using a auto-weapon or roller/bucket/brush.

The firing of the 'brella is basically just a jokey gimmick, it's a slightly wider curling bomb that doesn't bounce and does shit damage. As far as I can tell from the testing range the explosion at the end doesn't even do damage.

So it really depends how valuable the shield portion is for defending a splat zone or something.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Curling Bomb doesn't block stuff, so there's a diffeeence.

• Options
    Yeah but...it moves real slow and isn't that big. People will just move around it. It seems far more useful to hold the shield to block stuff because you can reposition quicker + you don't get the 10 second cooldown.

Maybe on..Port Mackeral? The one with the long, thin corridors.

sig.gif
  • Options
    so the splatbrella is pretty nice. I crawled my way out of B rank with it but it's a very specific encounter/map type of weapon. Swim/movespeed abilities, maybe ninja squid are probably going to be a must but it performs really well in splat zones.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Splatoon animated manga - episode 1 "Rider"

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5wq3hu

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    I thought you were just being cute but it really is an animated manga

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    Profreshional at last.

Not exactly high scoring games but at least people are staying alive and meeting the quota.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Alright, made it to level 20. Think I'm gonna finally gonna start ranked battles now.

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    How do I unlock stuff with the Amiibos? I used the Inkling Girl, Inkling Boy, Inkling Squid, Marie, Callie, and Inkling Boy 2 with the game and got 1 item. I thought they gave a whole outfit.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Level up.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    How do I unlock stuff with the Amiibos? I used the Inkling Girl, Inkling Boy, Inkling Squid, Marie, Callie, and Inkling Boy 2 with the game and got 1 item. I thought they gave a whole outfit.

It's based on your level.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    I really enjoy Splatoon, even if I'm not particularly hardcore about ranked mode. I still think the fact that if you are unable play during a specific 24 hour period, you are completely locked out of customizing your gear for a month+ is a really stupid design decision. I can't think of any other competitive online game work such an unforgiving time lock.

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Initial impression was that the umbrella is pretty good in Rainmaker. It was really brutal to try to cut the person carrying the rainmaker off, only to see that they are following an umbrella. Especially on Port Mackerel.

For turf wars, I was impressed by how many points the brella users were getting. At least seems better than blasters at coverage, but not as good at general fighting.

• Options
    homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    rndmhero wrote: »
    I really enjoy Splatoon, even if I'm not particularly hardcore about ranked mode. I still think the fact that if you are unable play during a specific 24 hour period, you are completely locked out of customizing your gear for a month+ is a really stupid design decision. I can't think of any other competitive online game work such an unforgiving time lock.
    Not completely, you should still get 3 or so snails just for picking a side, a little more if the side wins. You get a week to pick one.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Initial impression was that the umbrella is pretty good in Rainmaker. It was really brutal to try to cut the person carrying the rainmaker off, only to see that they are following an umbrella. Especially on Port Mackerel.

For turf wars, I was impressed by how many points the brella users were getting. At least seems better than blasters at coverage, but not as good at general fighting.

It's got real good coverage. More important, real dense coverage - you can paint in an area completely without overlapping much and wasting shots.

Good killing ability in close, outranged by a lot of stuff.

Opening the umbrella drains ink. A lot of ink. Have to be careful there.

Why on earth it has sprinkler and rain is beyond me. It doesn't need any help inking territory. Autobomb and something like inkjet would be ideal as sub/special I think. Or the mines/sensors for sub. The primary doesn't need a ton of help.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    With so many people trying out the umbrella, it's like a constant rainstorm.

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Finally found a gun I really enjoy. The aerospray has been really easy to use and I like the special and grenade option with it. I've had a really good streak going, almost 10 wins in a row. I'm level 8 now. Leveling has been kind of slow but it gives me enough time to same up currency for new weapons.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Yeah I'm just about done with this game. I just went on like a 15 game losing streak, all full of bullshit like this:

dTnRpYI.jpg

Matchmaking in this game sucks sooo bad.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    I like the splatbrella but I agree that you have to pretty much flank and juggalo rush people to get kills with it and the octobrush is just so much better at that. Half of the weapon's effectiveness hinges on how well the rest of your team is at splitting the other team's attention. It isn't like the trislosher where if you just clip someone's foot they take 62 damage, you pretty much have to hit your meatshots to guarantee a 2-hit kill

• Options
    Road BlockRoad Block Registered User regular
    I figure I should start actually paying attention to my gear bonuses. Any recommendations/guides?

• Options
    Alright, first ranked session went well. I went straight from C- to B- in Tower Control.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »
    Alright, first ranked session went well. I went straight from C- to B- in Tower Control.

Can you send these competent players my way?

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    The squelcher is the greatest splatter. A splatter you've never seen before. A really great splatter