Options

Star Wars [Galaxy of Heroes]. Why Yes, Kylo, You Can Be on Vader's Team.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    One thing I'd change is set all the daily refreshes for the same time.

If I log in early today, and do the Daily Challenges, it only benefits me. But if I do them this evening, it benefits the guild too.

That's really messed up. Let people log in when they can, and let their activities be useful to them and the guild.

Also, so far, not really impressed with TBs. Maybe the later phases will be more interesting.

Oh, and getting 45 stars (I assume that's cumulative over the whole TB, not per phase) would earn enough currency to get about 20 Hermit Yoda shards. Yeesh.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Yeah, this TB thing is garbage so far, with 1 phase down. My guild with it's 16million GP has 2 stars. We're going to get jack diddly shit at the end of this whole thing.

• Options
    JMan711JMan711 6'8" weighs a f*&#ing ton He's coming, he's coming, he's comingRegistered User regular
    Finally got enough materials for my first Zeta! Thinking of going with CLS It binds all things, since I've been using him and rebels a lot lately unless others have any good suggestions.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CLS is a good choice, considering he's the most broken and OP character in the game.

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Yeah, this TB thing is garbage so far, with 1 phase down. My guild with it's 16million GP has 2 stars. We're going to get jack diddly shit at the end of this whole thing.
    My guild has 40m GP and we're 1.4m away from 3 star.

Not sure we're gonna make it.

• Options
    Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    2 stars per isn't a bad reward. 1 star per gets you the lowest liot crate. I think people are being way too hard on this thing. Every time you do it, you get stronger, which makes the next one easier.

Atlas in Chains on
  • Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    Still not 100% sure how it works. When it resets tonight/tomorrow we only do Phase 2, right? Phase 1 is finished?
    How many stars per phase?

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Yes, Phase 1 is finished.

It's not stars per phase, but per territory in the phase. P1 had 1 place to battle things out, so 3 possible stars. P2 tomorrow has 2 territories, so possibly 6 stars for those clans that can pull it off. Some later ones have 3 territories.

15 territories total = 45 max stars.

Best I can tell, pouring characters into the Deployment is how you get a lot of points, but completing Combat missions gets you a big pile (5 characters getting nearly 300k is a hell of a lot more than they would have gotten if deployed), and Platoons taking 90 characters from 9+ players for 600k (off hand, in P1) is again a pretty good return, especially for those that weren't going to count for much for most people, like the Coruscant Underworld Police and whatnot. Plus Platoon deployments give benefits to make those combat challenges easier.

It's a balancing act, but the end of the day even just dumping ones collection into the main deployment is worthwhile, even just getting 1 star 15 times is going to add up.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    Ok, thanks. I get it now

• Options
    So we should hold off on the Combat missions until the Patrol bonuses are active?

• Options
    Patrol bonuses only apply to the next stage i think so you should be good

• Options
    Wow. 5-star Hoth Han needed for a mission. To get Hoth Leia shards. :?

• Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    This took forever
    https://youtu.be/un3aMp3AI6A

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    I am not a fan of this new territory battle thing. It seems overly complex, where complex isn't even the right word, but I don't know what the right word actually is, and the payoff at the end is definitely not going to be worth the effort.

• Options
    It's rough right now. I imagine a few more runs at it, and it'll be a much smoother experience as people become familiar with the mechanics and what to expect.

Not to say I'm a full fledged fan yet, but I am hoping that the learning curve isn't too steep for the average guild.

• Options
    I'm enjoying TB. It's taking a lot of coordination, but I'm having fun with it. Wish it wasn't entirely Light Side, though

• Options
    I'd be more of a fan if the in game chat wasn't so awful/straight up broken.
    We use discord but getting everyone to join discord is tough and i dont blame people for not wanting to DL an extra app just to play a stupid free SW game

• Options
    ...allegedly free

• Options
    Allegedly casual.
    I swear i'm putting more time into this game per day than i was when i was playing WoW

• Options
    The cantina has become a major roadblock for me. Old Ben, Hera, Ezra, and Hoth Han.

That's 4 characters whose primary shard source is all the same. Sometimes I have been able to get Ezra from the ship shop, but he seems to be on a rare rotation and I'm lucky if I see him once a week.

• Options
    Um, did the TB just reset phase 5 this morning?

It says 6/6, but it's the same zones as yesterday.

• Options
    Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    Um, did the TB just reset phase 5 this morning?

It says 6/6, but it's the same zones as yesterday.

Did your guild fail to achieve a star in 5? We stalled out and couldn't progress the stage, so I figured that's just what happens.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I'm finding myself wanting to stop playing this, if only because it takes up more time than i feel it should and I never feel like I'm actually getting anywhere.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »
    I'm finding myself wanting to stop playing this, if only because it takes up more time than i feel it should and I never feel like I'm actually getting anywhere.

I've heard lots of rumblings like this recently.

Me and my friends are growing very discontented with this game. Every new feature and every new update just pushes this game more and more in the pay-to-win realm and also into "this is a job" realm.

• Options
    Lucascraft wrote: »

I've heard lots of rumblings like this recently.

Me and my friends are growing very discontented with this game. Every new feature and every new update just pushes this game more and more in the pay-to-win realm and also into "this is a job" realm.

And yet sunk cost says "Why give up when you have all this *blank*" Really the big test is going to be when I'm off to play destiny 2, do I really want to set aside the almost hour of stuff I have to do in this game?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I can totally see why people would feel that way. To be able to fully participate in new content, you have to pay. It's frustrating.

I'm in the other boat. For me, it's a new set of goals when they release new content. I'd get bored quickly if I could fully do everything so as soon as it was released. I've come to accept that I'll always be a few steps behind new shit, and I'm okay with that. It gives me a reason to keep farming other than being on auto-pilot because it's something to do.

• Options
    I feel a bit the same way about time.

My guild is starting HAAT, and over the weekend I felt I spent too much time having to check in and see if it was my phase. Then spent too much time having to futz around with the RNG.

hRancor and aat are fine, because if I don't have time I can just auto and move on with my life.

Got 2900 tokens from TB, and some gear I don't have use for.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I've been logging in to get my dailies done, but not much more than that. Works just been crazy the past week and I just don't have as much time to check for energy bonuses and running stuff. I try and contribute to guild stuff when I can. I focus on specific characters to improve a specific team.

Long term? I'd like to get a general kenobi. But that requires being in an active guild, so I'm just kinda sitting on that one.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    mcp wrote: »
    Got 2900 tokens from TB, and some gear I don't have use for.
    I used the new currency mostly on character shards that I need for better TB results. Its a work in progress.

• Options
    We have 4 slots open in our guild if anyone is interested in HAAT. GroupMe is mandatory.

• Options
    edited September 2017
    And the new Han & Chewie event starts in 6 hours.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    I look forward to the distant future when we can field a team of 5 Hans.

Y'know... sometime in Q1 of next year. Maybe late Q4 of this one.

Guys, seriously, we love him but for fucks sake save some for when his fucking movie comes out.

Oh... all kidding aside I just identified when we'll get our 5th. Nevermind.

• Options
    Han sucks. He doesn't even believe in the force.

• Options
    You'll have to field an all han team to unlock Last Jedi Luke who can kill the entire team with one move, for one month after that he'll be weaker than old ben.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Han seems to be good. Better than Chewie, at least. Based solely on the fact that I breezed through the Han missions, and haven't passed the bonus Chewie one yet.

They're supposed to work together, so of course there's no pre-built that actually lets us see them in action together.

Also, since most players probably have a decent scoundrel team already, I'm not sure what the point of these guys is.

If they were also Resistance, I might actually be tempted to invest in them.

• Options
    Yeah it was exceptionally retarded that they keep telling you about their moves that are supposed to work together, but then you don't actually get to see it.

Also. Man these devs suck. Why are they giving two Force Awakens characters on the tails of an event that required Hoth dudes? Give us Hoth Han instead of Force Awakens Han. Give us Hoth Trooper/Scout shards. Like. Jesus. Fucking assholes is what they are. God I hate this game.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Hey an event where I can actually complete every single difficulty level. Neat.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    Hey an event where I can actually complete every single difficulty level. Neat.

This is how they do it with their sell you the rest of the shards later characters. Like Fulcrum. You'll get these guys to 3 star and they'll sit there.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I'd worry more about gear than these toons.

Than most toons.

Picking a squad and really investing in it is the way to go.

They're counting on you getting distracted, bouncing around, and spending money to catch up when you'd be better off putting time into maxing a standard rebel squad or something.

• Options
    So how many more Han versions could they make?

Young Han (as mentioned above)
    Bespin Han
    Endor Han
    Frozen in Carbonite Han
    Freshly thawed Han

And I'm sure an OT Falcon...which reminds me, why can't Old Han/Chewie work on the TFA Falcon?