Options

Penny Arcade October [chat] Spooktacular

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Surfpossum wrote: »
    navgoose wrote: »
    Surfpossum - Maybe people preordered based on the design claims of NMS during the late stages of development. They had already taken a leap of faith that the game would be good and paid money prior to reviews, but to also be missing key features probably felt like they were lied to.

I'm not sure claims made during development and failing to deliver constitute false advertisement, but if you have already shelled out cash and the product changed underneath you....
    That's my point, people feel like they were lied to because they were disappointed. Feeling like you've been lied to does not mean you have been lied to.

People let their disappointment turn Sean Murray into Satan, father of lies.

Yes, I was kinda making clear that was your position.

Is there small print during a pre-order that protects the developers when they make late changes? I assume so but I have never actually preordered anything. My wife preordered the Sun and Moon pokemon games but of course no need to investigate on those purchases (they were great).

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I adore Cities Skylines.

I haven't played it recently but I'm hoping that Green Cities rekindles my interest in it.

When does that come out, anyway?

*checks steam*

Oh, it's out today! Alright!

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Coinage wrote: »
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    I think we should remove the general public's ability to put reviews on the internet, not make them more important.

Oh man yeah.

If I am looking at a game I may look at Metacritic and Steam. But just the base score and even then I still go watch gameplay vids to be sure because I have played some great games that got blasted by the mob.

No Man's Sky, Mass Effect Andromeda, and hell I even enjoyed that SimCity that got slammed.
    Well I'm pretty sure you're objectively wrong about SimCity.

That SimCity was pretty fun for a little while. But the flaws came out pretty fast.

Cities Skylines just bulldozed over Sim City 5.

It wasn't even fair.

Cities Skylines does seem to be pretty awesome from the little bits I've played.

People were more apt to look over the flaws the game had at release because it was offline and had slightly larger build spaces. It has improved a lot given the time to do so though. No more corpse towns. No more filling up tiny spots you were given. No more buggy traffic. Its the best out right now.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    I cannot overstate how much damage having a pregnant partner would likely do to me, on top of the not having sex for a while, which combine in gross ways because having sex is literally the only thing that keeps me feeling ok with my body.

It sucks.

You don't have to stop having sex when your partner is pregante

You do afterwards for a bit, plus there is definitely a chance of hormones going wonky in that direction and Querry's sex drive is already like 2/10. It is a significant risk, and would absolutely do extremely damaging things to me with consequences I don't think I can really predict.

y'all are going to have less sex with an infant in the house just in general. There will be a 3rd person in the family competing for your time and attention!

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    I cannot overstate how much damage having a pregnant partner would likely do to me, on top of the not having sex for a while, which combine in gross ways because having sex is literally the only thing that keeps me feeling ok with my body.

It sucks.

sure but there's a lot of variance here and it's more likely to negatively impact sex life than not. porp pretty much never felt well enough for sex during most of the pregnancy.

also post birth if there's stitches you have to wait and even if there's not you have the whole sleep deprivation and learning the ropes of a new bab that kinda gets in the way for a while.

Post birth there is a lot of bleeding too

I have been told

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »

It sucks.

sure but there's a lot of variance here and it's more likely to negatively impact sex life than not. porp pretty much never felt well enough for sex during most of the pregnancy.

also post birth if there's stitches you have to wait and even if there's not you have the whole sleep deprivation and learning the ropes of a new bab that kinda gets in the way for a while.

Post birth there is a lot of bleeding too

I have been told

you are certainly in for an experience that you'll never forget

disney world has nothing on this

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    the way I mourn is that I stay home and work form home and make cookies whenever I want

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    a
    tyrannus wrote: »
    the way I mourn is that I stay home and work form home and make cookies whenever I want

ok but if you do that for more than a week im coming over and dragging you out to the bars

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    a

ok but if you do that for more than a week im coming over and dragging you out to the bars

thanks buddy shark

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    my poor 1.5yo nephew was chasing a ball in the driveway yesterday and totally ate shit and has a big raspberry all over his face

and then today at daycare got stung in the face by a bee

poor kid can't catch a break

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

It sucks.

You do afterwards for a bit, plus there is definitely a chance of hormones going wonky in that direction and Querry's sex drive is already like 2/10. It is a significant risk, and would absolutely do extremely damaging things to me with consequences I don't think I can really predict.

y'all are going to have less sex with an infant in the house just in general. There will be a 3rd person in the family competing for your time and attention!

Yes, I am saying that that's going to be a serious problem because there is a level of sex beneath which I start to have serious breakdowns related to being trans.

• Options
    pregante is gregnat

pregananant?

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I think we should remove the general public's ability to put reviews on the internet, not make them more important.

Oh man yeah.

If I am looking at a game I may look at Metacritic and Steam. But just the base score and even then I still go watch gameplay vids to be sure because I have played some great games that got blasted by the mob.

No Man's Sky, Mass Effect Andromeda, and hell I even enjoyed that SimCity that got slammed.

That SimCity was pretty fun for a little while. But the flaws came out pretty fast.

It wasn't even fair.

Cities Skylines does seem to be pretty awesome from the little bits I've played.

People were more apt to look over the flaws the game had at release because it was offline and had slightly larger build spaces. It has improved a lot given the time to do so though. No more corpse towns. No more filling up tiny spots you were given. No more buggy traffic. Its the best out right now.

It's just a matter of being honest.

"We can't give you single player because it all happens on the cloud!!!!!!111!!!one"

Not honest. Just disable those cloud features, besides, the simulations should happen on our computers because there's no way that's even fucking cost effective in the long run.

Cities Skyline was super honest for what it was. It had it's flaws, but you could tell they weren't making shit up just to sell you a polished turd.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Surfpossum - Maybe people preordered based on the design claims of NMS during the late stages of development. They had already taken a leap of faith that the game would be good and paid money prior to reviews, but to also be missing key features probably felt like they were lied to.

I'm not sure claims made during development and failing to deliver constitute false advertisement, but if you have already shelled out cash and the product changed underneath you....
    That's my point, people feel like they were lied to because they were disappointed. Feeling like you've been lied to does not mean you have been lied to.

I feel like I was lied to because he lied. This isn't disappointment, this is "you said the game had X, the game doesn't have X"
    It isn't little stuff that was said forever ago in development either. I believe they're still using that trailer on the store page that isn't at ALL accurate or representative of gameplay.

I get that many people overreacted and called him a great satan and all that, but he did lie and it was shitty.

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »

I just want to dress a kid up like superheros and teach them bad habits tbh

My nephew was slouching at dinner the other night, to the extent that he could lay back and put his feet up on the table. As I was telling him to get his feet off the table and to sit up straight, I looked at my mom and said "Oh my god ... he's never, ever going to appreciate the irony of Uncle Brad teaching him table manners."

However he IS going as batman for Halloween, so 1 out of 2 ain't bad!

... I had no influence on the batman decision. I really don't know where that came from, if I'm honest.

Someone else in his life is a closet nerd and I'm gonna smoke 'em out!

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    On a similar levels of suck note, I don't have any colorful pens here and don't want to grade with black.
    Grade it in black, but draw totally metal skulls and religious iconography and demon heads.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    time to run to home depot.

• Options
    a

thanks buddy shark

it's a great personal sacrifice but im willing to do it for a good friend

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    pregante is gregnat

pregananant?

I'm post-gananant.

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Just start saying wrong things about the MCU 'til they can't handle it anymore and are forced to correct me at the dinner table in front of god and everybody.

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    edited October 2017

Is there small print during a pre-order that protects the developers when they make late changes? I assume so but I have never actually preordered anything. My wife preordered the Sun and Moon pokemon games but of course no need to investigate on those purchases (they were great).
    Well, there were also no late changes like that.

They wanted to have "real" multiplayer in the game in addition to what ended up in it (leaving messages, finding stuff discovered by others), but always hedged any commentary around it because it's monstrously difficult and they were a four person team.

People assumed that things like warring factions and a changing economy would mean something like EVE, or that being able to mine and build things would be something like Minecraft.

Something being "not good" is very different from it being "not included."

I feel like I was lied to because he lied. This isn't disappointment, this is "you said the game had X, the game doesn't have X"
    It isn't little stuff that was said forever ago in development either. I believe they're still using that trailer on the store page that isn't at ALL accurate or representative of gameplay.

I get that many people overreacted and called him a great satan and all that, but he did lie and it was shitty.
    I mean, an agency whose purpose is to review advertising assessed that trailer and disagrees, so.

Surfpossum on
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    on the bright side he's not allergic to bees

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    If Sim City had said "hey we fucked up, here's why we fucked up and how we're going to fix it" they would have saved a lot of face

Instead we got "Everything is broken but we super seriously underestimated just how much servers we'd need to host all these live simulations you totally can't have without connection to our servers!"

In the end the "always on" was a ploy to push microtransactions.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

Oh man yeah.

It wasn't even fair.

Even in its 1.0 launch version, it was a universe better than Sim City 2013.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Chanus wrote: »

if it's only his first sting he still might be

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    my poor 1.5yo nephew was chasing a ball in the driveway yesterday and totally ate shit and has a big raspberry all over his face

and then today at daycare got stung in the face by a bee

poor kid can't catch a break

He shall arise from this like a blade arises from the hammering of the blacksmith -- honed and stronger

ONWARD

TO THE SWINGSET AND VALHALLA

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    -
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    GOD HAS NO COMPREHENSIBLE FORM

How do you explain thicc god butt in Michelangelo frescos then

Checkmate, iconoclasts

Michelangelo understood this and make dat ass incomprehensible, I see no contradiction

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

Oh man yeah.

It wasn't even fair.

"Slightly" larger? Nah man, the build space in Cities was like 5-10 times the size of SC5.

• Options

so you're saying there's a chance

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    pregante is gregnat

Pregnanté

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular

Hm we should have an epipen here I guess

Wonder how expensive

• Options

Wonder how expensive

just crush up some benadryl in water i'm sure it's basically the same thing

• Options
    i may not have kids for a reason

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

Yeah, cuz you didn't know what to do when they got stung by bees.

• Options

Wonder how expensive

Don't they expire every 6 months? You will be advised to stay away from stuff like peanut butter until whatever age. Think it's 2. But I think you'll be ok without one. Can ask your ped about it though.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    i have fatal ennui

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular

They wanted to have "real" multiplayer in the game in addition to what ended up in it (leaving messages, finding stuff discovered by others), but always hedged any commentary around it because it's monstrously difficult and they were a four person team.

People assumed that things like warring factions and a changing economy would mean something like EVE, or that being able to mine and build things would be something like Minecraft.

They did not hedge commentary around it: he said yes, you can meet other players. Which was straight-up a lie.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    P10 wrote: »
    i have fatal ennui

rip

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular

I mean, an agency whose purpose is to review advertising assessed that trailer and disagrees, so.

And like I said, I disagree with that agency's methods and ultimate decision and think it is damaging for the industry as a whole.

Luckily steam refunds mean I was able to get my money back but it is a proven fact that he lied. There are videos of this. He was on Colbert talking about multiplayer. The idea that he didn't lie is factually false. They just don't think it was bad enough to count as false advertising and I highly disagree.

• Options

Yeah, cuz you didn't know what to do when they got stung by bees.

you pat them on the back until the bee venom comes out right?

This discussion has been closed.