As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    bwanie wrote: »
    Because i was kinda banking on that and left my shitty deck at 0/2

If you dont get a ticket i might as well see if i can luck into a win or two

As soon as you drafted you used up the free ticket.

I'd get on that arena run and see what you can do with it.

But we got a ticket for a forced cancel in addition to the halloween ticket...

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    Only a few cards that frankly didnt look that interesting aside from maybe some tavern brawls. But thats viewing them through current standard which is basically just hurling haymakers at each other until someone draws dead.

They’ve never revealed the interesting or even powerful cards this early in the announcement cycle.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular

Yeah I'm wondering if I should play my current run to failure or stop at X-2 like before the event started. :confused:

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    i am not conflicted at all because my current arena deck is trashgarbage.

• Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    I wonder if they'll ever do a dual class constructed brawl. I haven't thought about balance issues but clearly at least the technology is there.

• Options
    forty wrote: »

Yeah I'm wondering if I should play my current run to failure or stop at X-2 like before the event started. :confused:

My last draft was so bad im not gonna bother and see if they pony up a ticket. Im not going to win a game anyways

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular

I completely forgot that was a thing. My mistake, apologies.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    My current draft has pretty good overall card quality and a decent curve, but no legendaries. I imagine I'll get blown out by some DK games or crazy tempo decks.

Edit: Yup, that's exactly what happened, substituting "back-to-back top notch legendaries" for "DK" in one case.

forty on
  • Options
    What the fuck is this? Playing against a druid in arena who played 3 Jade Idols by turn 4.

• Options
    What the fuck is this? Playing against a druid in arena who played 3 Jade Idols by turn 4.
    Then he turn 7 Living Manas and buffs 6 of them turn 8 with Power of the Wild. "This guy's deck is crazy!"

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Then he turn 7 Living Manas and buffs 6 of them turn 8 with Power of the Wild. "This guy's deck is crazy!"
    Turn 9 is Jade Idol #4.

And Turn 10 UI for lethal. Ridiculous.

Who gets to draft 4 Jade Idols!?

forty on
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Well, went from 3-0 to 3-2 in two wonderfully unwinnable games. The second was shaman + paladin with total nonsense. Great early tempo (turn 3 2/8 taunt is PRETTY GOOD). Lightning Storm and Consecrate just when needed to clear my wide board (including my 1/2 poisonous scarab that was my only hope against the, of course, turn 5 Earth Elemental). Then activated Kalimos (AoE #3!) followed by Tirion.

Fuck you assholes.

Edit: Oh god why didn't anyone combo break my rage post stream. :(

forty on
  • Options
    Hah! I was right :)

Free arena ticket get.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    It's fitting that the legendary weapons in Kobolds & Catacombs are artefacts found in said catacombs (presumably).

Because they will all belong in a museum.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    It'd be neat if they gave us the ability to destroy our own weapons for some kind of bonus or effect.

edit: I mean in the form of a card, not just some arbitrary means of destroying your own weapon.

GoodKingJayIII on
    Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    It'd be neat if they gave us the ability to destroy our own weapons for some kind of bonus or effect.

edit: I mean in the form of a card, not just some arbitrary means of destroying your own weapon.

I know they nerfed it but blade flurry still exists!

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    I doubt they'd do this, but I'd really like to see a neutral Hero card in this expansion.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    If they did it would be unplayable, otherwise you have the rag problem.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Thinking of putting together murloc paladin, but not sure which variant I want to try out of the three listed on vicious syndicate. I have 7500 dust to work with, and already have Tirion and the curator.

Was thinking maybe one of the ones that run Patches, so I can use him in other decks.

Saldonas on
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Hmm post was deleted. Anyway, arena finishing in NA soon so no more new runs.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    Fine with me, second free run was some pretty mediocre, which just doesn't cut it in the two class arena.

• Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    KafkaAU wrote: »
    Hmm post was deleted. Anyway, arena finishing in NA soon so no more new runs.

The post just landed in the Pokémon thread.

Grobian on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    so I've been messing around with control warlock

you should pretty much always play the DK ASAP, right? As opposed to waiting and trying to get more value out of revived minions

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    8lkm2ut2igll.png

Took a while, but that's 500 wins with Shaman. Only Paladin, Warlock, and Rogue left to go.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    I ended up crafting the more standard murloc deck and it feels pretty good so far, even got a hunter to concede on 4.

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    i replaced my trash-quality paladin/mage deck
    with a trash-quality paladin/paladin deck.

well done, me!

edit: i think i actually... hate arena. i'm gonna go back to Wild, my hermitage.

Lucedes on
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Hm, I've got a couple decks I'm happy with for now, time to see if I have enough self control to save all my gold for Kobolds & Catacombs

• Options
    edited November 2017
    8k dust and about 5k in goldens I don't use

still not able to pull the trigger on any deck because they all require at least 3 legendaries and i'm affraid i won't like the deck i choose/suck at piloting it.

Still need to craft (a bunch of) the following cards to make any top deck work:

Patches
    Medivh (don't ask)
    Deathwing DL
    Ysera
    Druid DK, Rogue DK, Warlock DK
    Keleseth
    Cairn
    N'Zoth
    Antonidas

Convince me to spend dust on shit!

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Patches works in like, a billion decks, he is the safest legendary there is I think

Keleseth is flexible, but I don't think I actually enjoy the playstyle of decks built around him. There's just too much dependent on whether I get one particular card in my opening hand which is super fun when I do get him, and super lame when I don't.

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    8k dust and about 5k in goldens I don't use

still not able to pull the trigger on any deck because they all require at least 3 legendaries and i'm affraid i won't like the deck i choose/suck at piloting it.

Still need to craft (a bunch of) the following cards to make any top deck work:

Patches
    Medivh (don't ask)
    Deathwing DL
    Ysera
    Druid DK, Rogue DK, Warlock DK
    Keleseth
    Cairn
    N'Zoth
    Antonidas

Convince me to spend dust on shit!

Kele is prob the most busted leggo in that group and one that will be around for a good while still.
    Patches makes the kele decks a LOT stronger though, but not mandatory.

Next would be Malfurious or Guldangerous.
    Guldi would make your kele deck stronger as well, he's a massive power spike and can turn games around.

Aside from that, Ysera is the only other evergreen I'd consider from that list unless you REALLY want one of the specific decks the others are in (tony, cairn).

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    ImthebOHGODBEESImthebOHGODBEES Registered User regular
    Weren't we promised a free Legendary today? It is today already. REEEEEE! (I'm more concerned because I told my 6 year old he'd get a free legendary and he was super stoked).

Do you, in fact, have any builds in this shop at all?
  • Options
    Weren't we promised a free Legendary today? It is today already. REEEEEE! (I'm more concerned because I told my 6 year old he'd get a free legendary and he was super stoked).

Patch needs to be deployed first. As soon as Hearthstone is updated, you'll get your Legendary.

• Options
    wait whut?

free rando leggo or the blizzcon one?

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    the latter

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Which current decks will he even be good in?

He's an off curve 6/6 that eventually spawns a potentially godlike card. Maybe combo priest? Play Marin, give your opponent a 0/8, next turn potion it, double it twice, inner fire for 6 mana 32 damage?

• Options
    I can see him maybe being playable in priest or warlock that uses board clears like dragonfire and twisting nether.

So like a fatigue deck.

OR, freeze mage could also make it work.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Can he be disenchanted? Does anyone know? I want to keep him on my main, and use him for dust elsewhere.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    edited November 2017

No disenchanting.

I wonder, is the "for your opponent" relevant to where the chest/minion is or who is killing it?

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    MMMig wrote: »
    I can see him maybe being playable in priest or warlock that uses board clears like dragonfire and twisting nether.

So like a fatigue deck.

OR, freeze mage could also make it work.

I'm thinking some kind of wombo/silence priest.

Could be a surprise lethal with potion of madness, divine spirits and inner fires.

You could also maybe run some crazed alchemists as alternatives to inner fire/doomsayer clearers that can also kill the treasure in a pinch.

• Options
    It means it goes on the enemy side, which makes it a lot easier for you to destroy.

It'd also be a funny way with that guy that doubles your battle cries to double it up on the enemy side so they can only have 5 minions on board.

l4lGvOw.png

wra