As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Thank[Steam] Thread: Autumn Sale until November 28th!

1939495969799»

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    If you liked FireWatch, absolutely play Tacoma.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Up to what I assume is one of the last fights in Doom. The last few have been difficult. This fight? Lol fight a stream of Hell Knights. Had enough? How about half a dozen Mancubi and half a dozen Revenants. Still not entertained? Three fucking Barons at once.

This fight stopped my rampage for the night.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Talus9952 wrote: »
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Heatwave wrote: »
    Played some Witcher 2 using my steamlink tonight.

I had completely forgotten the map and way point in this game sucks.

And why doesn't the Signs menu during combat describe their abilities. Would be really helpful to know that the Quen sign was a barrier.

Also for some reason I was getting really motion sick.

This is so weird

I've tried picking up Witcher 2 three or four times and I get motion sick within an hour or two. I beat the first one and have put 80 hours into 3.

No other game I've played in my life has made me motion sick. Just Witcher 2.

Turned off motion blur? That's usually the worst offender. (and should be off anyway since motion blur is plague)

I also tend to get motion sick in some games. Yeah, turn off motion blur for sure. also, try sitting further away from the monitor, that seems to help me.
    I already sit far enough away from the tv in the living room, but I might check if I have motion blur turned off next time I play. Thanks for the tip

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    If you're streaming it, it could very well be caused by the input lag.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Up to what I assume is one of the last fights in Doom. The last few have been difficult. This fight? Lol fight a stream of Hell Knights. Had enough? How about half a dozen Mancubi and half a dozen Revenants. Still not entertained? Three fucking Barons at once.

I hope you held onto a couple SPOILERS shots

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    -Loki- wrote: »

I hope you held onto a couple SPOILERS shots

I actually didn't use that too often--when I really should have, it's there to be used after all.

Ripping and tearing was just too much fun!

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Massena wrote: »
    Bought Crusader No Regret on GOG, murdered many times, murdered many more.

Cannot use offensive weapons, still glad I bought it.

Uninstalling.

The original Crusader was one of those games in my long long ago. I was kinda dating a girl with great big brown eyes and brown hair, and I was young enough that that meant something. We parted for reasons primarily geographic, and that sucked. And that parting was my actual introduction to the game, where they were a little bit suspicious of the dark haired woman who looked too good to be true, but my love was true. And still we tried to work things out (obviously the game was a wonderful stand in).

Spoiler: it didn't work out.

However, Crusader was, and forever will be, a beautiful example of how emotional involvement in games can happen.

Oh yes, the FMV days. Glorious times. I remember that moment and was partial to brunettes.

• Options
    You know those levels that really stick out in good (and not so good) games? Well I think Feurestelle in Shadowrun Dragonfall is one of those levels.

Good to be playing it again but I needed a break from the percentages after playing Steamworld Heist. Playing a Dwarf mage to put those percentages in my favor though. Hand of Fate has taught me well.

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    I've decided that FTL is fun only when I'm not losing, and have decided to retire it.

This seriously makes me feel like I should take a quick run-through of other rogue-likes/lites in my library and make sure I want to play them.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    git gud n00b

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Is someone talking about crusader no regret?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uejvBkXtGmM

Steam: offday
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    ...and with a quick shot, we're back off to the races.

Apparently @Pixelated Pixie knows the good cat games. Thanks for Explottens! The cat in the logo even looks like Seeker.

Did I mention the reprisal may be on its way?

Reprisal? You can't retaliate against someone who is retaliating against you! You started this! You did this first:

This is how WWI started

• Options
    ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    I've decided that FTL is fun only when I'm not losing, and have decided to retire it.

This seriously makes me feel like I should take a quick run-through of other rogue-likes/lites in my library and make sure I want to play them.

FTL is definitely a game where the grace of RNG giving you the weapons you can use will make or break you. There are lots of options but sometimes the game is def an exercise in hoping for the item you need. I enjoyed it enough to put 300 hours into it, but I totally understand your feelings on it. It’s an interestingly polarizing game. There are some rogue like games I just hate because I can’t figure out the system, but I figured out FTLs and love it so much.

ToyD on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Also FTL lends itself well to burst sessions. And if you need to stop, you can save and come back later.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Have I mentioned how much I love Elex? Because I really love Elex. Like, if it had some character options besides Dudebro McDuderson, it could be a GOTY contender for me. Nonetheless, I will play the shit out of this game and wring every bit of fun I can from it...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    For me, I think half the fun of rogue-likes is seeing how far will I make it this time. RNGesus giveth and he taketh away. And a playthrough tends to not take too long.

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    ...and with a quick shot, we're back off to the races.

Apparently Pixelated Pixie knows the good cat games. Thanks for Explottens! The cat in the logo even looks like Seeker.

Did I mention the reprisal may be on its way?

Reprisal? You can't retaliate against someone who is retaliating against you! You started this! You did this first:

This is how WWI started

What's the problem? Everything worked out.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    ToyD wrote: »
    Kalnaur wrote: »

FTL is definitely a game where the grace of RNG giving you the weapons you can use will make or break you. There are lots of options but sometimes the game is def an exercise in hoping for the item you need. I enjoyed it enough to put 300 hours into it, but I totally understand your feelings on it. It’s an interestingly polarizing game. There are some rogue like games I just hate because I can’t figure out the system, but I figured out FTLs and love it so much.

Generally speaking the game is probably one of the more generous roguelikes as far as how it decides to screw you. If you don't succeed it's typically simply because you didn't get enough of what you needed to do so, which is unlucky sure but it's at least a correctable slow descent outside of a severe convergence of avoidable things(i.e. nebula storms) - still better than most other roguelikes that just punish you with flat instant game over bullshit like food meters(compared to FTL which gives you ample opportunity to scrounge fuel), or especially instant game over mechanics that the game doesn't tell you even exists until you die to it, like Sword of the Stars: The Pit where it throws enemies at you that are faster than you and apply multiple stacks of poison/disease per attack and this is usually where you find out that there's a roll per move to flat game over you based on your poison/disease stacks.

• Options
    MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    Everspace has been pretty awesome so far, if someone was interested in a roguelike sitting between FTL and Elite: Dangerous. (Mine is a GOG.com copy, but still.)

Haven't gotten the expansion but the base game seems solid and challenging.

"now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Arithon32Arithon32 Member of the Pinquisition Registered User regular
    @Iolo just dropped Tharsis in my lap! The gift batteries are nearly charged, I hope you cats are ready for a volley
    lz5uusz2tgws.jpg

vru37z14gk5j.png

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Be ready to get angry at dice like few other games will accomplish.

• Options
    Speaking of Roguelikes, I tried Necropolis again. While much improved, it still falls flat. They've kept the humorous descriptions that actually give you no idea of what weapons and items actually do.

It's too bad since along with its coop aspect it could be a really great game.

• Options
    MudzgutMudzgut OhioRegistered User regular
    What's that? It's new thread time? As the Autumn Sale moves into its final days, enjoy some time in the...
    NEW THREAD!!!
    NEW THREAD!!!
    NEW THREAD!!!

@Bobkins Flymo or @Echo can you please shut this one? Thanks!

steam_sig.png

Twitch/Mudzgut
    Fall down seven times. Stand up eight.
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
  • Options
    ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    [edit] good lord, all i thought was "oh hey, it's the steam thread, this is fine." it wasn't fine, hi old thread.

Zetx on
    76561197966849367.png