Options

[Diablo 3] old thread is old

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Poketpixie wrote: »
    This season was so easy it would be a shame not get the stash tab. Heck I even finished the Guardian level objectives for the first time ever this season and I'm pretty casual.

I still really would like the wings but being quite busy at work over the holiday season and sick for the last week I really didn't have the time
    I was either mentally or physically out of it

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Poketpixie wrote: »
    This season was so easy it would be a shame not get the stash tab. Heck I even finished the Guardian level objectives for the first time ever this season and I'm pretty casual.

I still really would like the wings but being quite busy at work over the holiday season and sick for the last week I really didn't have the time
    I was either mentally or physically out of it

If you're on PC, I know I (and a few others) would be happy to help you grind out some of the seasonal levels. There are very few that you can't do with help.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    For the wings the only bit you need to do solo is the lvl 20 rift.

• Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Finished my stash tab, next I'll see if I can motivate myself to complete Guardian. Can't for the life of me seem to complete a rift in 4 minutes, even though on Torment XIII I kill everything instantly. Guess I just have to keep fishing for a suitable rift.

Also finally managed to reforge a Vengeful Wind into a pretty good Ancient - except for the fact that it only has +6 stacks of Sweeping Wind compared to the +7 on my old crappy one. So I can't tell if using the new one will result in a net damage increase or not. And I have to wait for a Ramaladni to drop to actually test this. -_-

edit: and if it results in a DPS loss, the wasted Ramaladni is going to piss me off mightily.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    Bliss 101 wrote: »
    Finished my stash tab, next I'll see if I can motivate myself to complete Guardian. Can't for the life of me seem to complete a rift in 4 minutes, even though on Torment XIII I kill everything instantly. Guess I just have to keep fishing for a suitable rift.

Also finally managed to reforge a Vengeful Wind into a pretty good Ancient - except for the fact that it only has +6 stacks of Sweeping Wind compared to the +7 on my old crappy one. So I can't tell if using the new one will result in a net damage increase or not. And I have to wait for a Ramaladni to drop to actually test this. -_-

edit: and if it results in a DPS loss, the wasted Ramaladni is going to piss me off mightily.
    Use D3planner! Import character and create item with the stats to create a comparison, the site will take care of all the math for you and let you set values however you want to see what situations X might be better than Y.

butts
  • Options
    E.Coyote wrote: »

I am level 20 on my demon hunter so I just need to do that
    I am still in chapter one for the season

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular

Are you on the US servers? If you're on them and in the clan someone is always willing to help if you ask.

Also he meant a Greater Rift Level 20 solo.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    Betsuni wrote: »

Are you on the US servers? If you're on them and in the clan someone is always willing to help if you ask.

Yes
    I am just very sick so I would like to try but I feel resting is what I am going to do this weekend

• Options

Yes
    I am just very sick so I would like to try but I feel resting is what I am going to do this weekend

Cool! I agree to get better and rest. When you feel better you can post here and we will be more than glad to help you get your wings and season accomplishments.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Jookie wrote: »
    Bliss 101 wrote: »

Use D3planner! Import character and create item with the stats to create a comparison, the site will take care of all the math for you and let you set values however you want to see what situations X might be better than Y.

Thanks for the tip. Turns out using the ancient would result in a 4% increase in my wave of light dps, versus close to 15% if it had the +7 stack affix. So now I need to decide whether to use a Ramaladni on this or keep reforging...

In other news, Domination is proving to be a source of massive annoyance, because I keep getting the shittiest rifts. Maybe I'll have to switch to some kind of a speedrun build to have a better chance at this.

MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    I’m so ready for the next season announcement, even if there’s not a new patch with it

Maybe I’ll just start playing again for a bit

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    KlatuKlatu Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi OiRegistered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Next season will be the one I sit in the bounty community and try to smash out bounties for the achieve. Just the thought of it is almost turning me off next season lol.

Klatu on
    Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Muzzmuzz wrote: »
    Well finally played a necromancer, got the set, and wow....are they sure they balanced this class correctly? I’m only paragon 125 and running on torment 8

I solo torment 9 w/ only a 4 and 2 set on a monk. Am I... The chosen one?

Hardcore also.

• Options
    Well finally played a necromancer, got the set, and wow....are they sure they balanced this class correctly? I’m only paragon 125 and running on torment 8

I solo torment 9 w/ only a 4 and 2 set on a monk. Am I... The chosen one?

Hardcore also.

Well the monk sets are crazy powerful at the moment. (Aside from Thousand Storms I guess, since that one is bullshit, or maybe I just suck at playing it.) Uliana and Sunwuko are insane, and Uliana combines nicely with Inna's with a RoRG if you don't have the legendaries to make the most out of either set.

MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular

Did paragon levels actually do something significant in the past? Because right now, it feels like they really don't. They're a nice bonus, certainly, but not enough to push you up ranks.

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    jothki wrote: »

Did paragon levels actually do something significant in the past? Because right now, it feels like they really don't. They're a nice bonus, certainly, but not enough to push you up ranks.

Once you get above 800 every extra paragon level goes into either your damage stat or vitality which does help out in clearing higher level rifts. You won't see any difference if you go from paragon 800 to 801 but 800 to 900 is an extra 500 dex on a demon hunter for example, and that can be enough to bump you a level or two.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Daimar wrote: »
    jothki wrote: »

Once you get above 800 every extra paragon level goes into either your damage stat or vitality which does help out in clearing higher level rifts. You won't see any difference if you go from paragon 800 to 801 but 800 to 900 is an extra 500 dex on a demon hunter for example, and that can be enough to bump you a level or two.

They're also a pretty hefty boost when you roll a new character.
    Going from 10 in your primary stat to a couple hundred can be a considerable boost, though that requires you to start a new non-season character.

• Options
    Rainbow portrait achieved, next step cosmic wings. ^.^

• Options
    XantusXantus Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    so i've arrived to this season rather late... and it's my first season >.>

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/FrogWizard-1401/hero/97767537

help me break past torment 5... my rng has been a bit terrible... what should I aim for first?? Im so ashamed of my chest armor but ive found nothing better ;p
    I would like to be using wave of light pillars instead of lashing kick.. I do have an Incense Torch.. but that's all... lashing does like double the damage currently..

also... what am I supposed to do with 42 million gold?

Xantus on
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    The damage on the weapons is a bit low, re-rolling them might be worth running the bounties a few times. The unity combo for you and the follower is a big jump in damage reduction. You can upgrade rares in the cube to target specific slots too.

I'm pretty sure I got to 42 million for each re-roll trying to get +15% for a certain skill on my helm. ^.^

E.Coyote on
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Once you hit end game, 42m gold won't even be enough for a single GR empowerment.
    In related news, I pulled in 3 randos from a vault community this morning and ran them through all 10 of my Puzzle Rings (+1 Bovine Bardiche). We had garbage goblins all the way through. Got a few gem gobs and bloodstone gobs, the rest were all just treasure or similar. I'm now up near 4 billion gold.

• Options
    Some folks on reddit seem to think Blizzard is teasing Druid again, through a really subtle PTR easter egg that everyone missed in 2.6.1. It seems Leviathan remembered to look this time.

Apparently if you buy the Non-Necromancer PTR bag as a Necromancer, you get this instead of items:
    JcdkQKC.jpg

• Options
    XantusXantus Registered User regular
    eyy all I had to do was complain about it and RNGesus blessed me..
    got a 2nd piece of sunwuko and also got Crystal Fist!

survivability up!

• Options
    Noggin wrote: »
    Some folks on reddit seem to think Blizzard is teasing Druid again, through a really subtle PTR easter egg that everyone missed in 2.6.1. It seems Leviathan remembered to look this time.

Apparently if you buy the Non-Necromancer PTR bag as a Necromancer, you get this instead of items:
    JcdkQKC.jpg

So you think they are testing the waters to see if there is any interest, or just messing with players?

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options

JcdkQKC.jpg

So you think they are testing the waters to see if there is any interest, or just messing with players?

The latter, but it's harder to tell if it's something they'd actually do.

They don't really need to test the waters because the community has brought them up for years, even more than they bring up the lack of spear/javelin amazons.

But if they do, it's also hard to imagine what they'd do for 20ish skills that weren't already stolen by other classes/runes.

• Options
    Ah ok. I wasn't too sure since I hardly (if ever) visit any site other than this one for gaming forums. I figured that Blizzard was going to go through all the D2 classes after the Necromancer launched till D4 comes out.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    If you use reddit (i know, i know...), r/Diablo isn't too bad to just check on from time to time, and some CMs actually post there.

There's plenty of junk posts to sift through for sure, but it's pretty good for finding out about any interesting things that Blizzard says on twitter or in streams, without having to devote time to either.

Also, from there you can get to subreddits for each class, which tend to have FAQs, links to builds, etc.

• Options
    If you use reddit (i know, i know...), r/Diablo isn't too bad to just check on from time to time, and some CMs actually post there.

There's plenty of junk posts to sift through for sure, but it's pretty good for finding out about any interesting things that Blizzard says on twitter or in streams, without having to devote time to either.

Also, from there you can get to subreddits for each class, which tend to have FAQs, links to builds, etc.

But, that's what I have you for! A reddit filter...

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Guardian completed. Second time ever that I've bothered with this, but this time around it wasn't that much work. Biggest pain in the ass was Domination, but I finally managed to fish up a quick enough rift. After just the first few seconds of the rift I thought "Yep, this is the one!"

Not sure what to do for the rest of the season. Haven't really played the Necromancer much, so might just level one quickly to see if I like the class enough to play it more seriously next season. Or I guess I could work on the set dungeons on my Monk and DH... but I have generally disliked those in the past, so I dunno. Guess it would be nice to get the wings some day.

MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    Could always go rainbow wing hunting if you really love torturing yourself...

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    The real torture begins when you have all the pets and you stop bothering to kill anything but the rainbow gobs.

• Options
    NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular
    I've played this game on and off since release, always casual. However, I have never gotten an extra stash tab. I'm really trying this time before the season ends and I'm stuck on destroyer of rifts. Completing a T10 rift in 6 seconds seems downright impossible for me right now. Here's my necrodude: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Tinaktu-1670/hero/97242823. I'm using the best weps I have. I don't know if there is a specific best weapon for the Trag'Oul set. Is it just a matter of grinding out paragon and gem levels?

• Options
    Nobeard wrote: »
    I've played this game on and off since release, always casual. However, I have never gotten an extra stash tab. I'm really trying this time before the season ends and I'm stuck on destroyer of rifts. Completing a T10 rift in 6 seconds seems downright impossible for me right now. Here's my necrodude: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Tinaktu-1670/hero/97242823. I'm using the best weps I have. I don't know if there is a specific best weapon for the Trag'Oul set. Is it just a matter of grinding out paragon and gem levels?

I can't remember the Necro, but can help with the season journey. When do you normally play?

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    BladeXBladeX Registered User regular
    Nobeard wrote: »

Are you trying a particular build? I didn't use trag'oul with my necro but isn't the lance corpse the highest ranked build for that set?

An easy thing to give yourself a small boost is upgrading all those non imperial gems.

• Options
    Rolling the 6% damage on the weapon to a higher % would help too.

• Options
    Oh hey, I totally forgot to come post here the other day. My Crusader has been having a real hard time getting Blade of Prophecy to drop. I finally got 2, so I've got one equipped on my farm loadout (which I was able to roll into a decent ancient).
    The second one I rolled a couple times in the cube on Friday and got what is probably a perfect set of rolls on a PRIMAL BoP. +Damage, +Area Damage, +Str, +CDR. I rerolled the Strength into 10% Damage and will augment a gem back into it once I get a nice high one. That's the first real primal I've ever had, and I could not have asked for more!

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    Im not sure if trag ouls is ideal for speed running rifts, i thought it was more for pushing GRs?

You should google "Lord Fluffy" and check out his builds. He came up with an insanely good rathma speed build. I used it last season and it was the fastest speed build of any class ive ever seen.

• Options
    Gems upgraded, wep damage upgraded. That boosted me to 1mil damage. Regarding builds, I ABHOR looking up builds. For me, that cuts out one of the most fun things in Diablo, just playing with things. I may wind up doing that just to get that damned stash tab, though.

• Options
    How is the timing on nephalem rifts done? Is the timer set to when I kill the boss, or when I speak to Orek to close the rift?

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    When you speak to Orek