As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Stardew Valley - Join us. Thrive.

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    what is it like to be married to a playa hater

Luckily it's hard to hear him over the distraction of look how beautiful my farm is!

• Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Why do people hate Clint?

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Terrendos wrote: »
    Why do people hate Clint?

He's a sadsack

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    He's also one internet connection away from reviving r/incels

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    My wife dutifully and silently accepted the fact that I had to fuck her sister just to break Clint's spirit

• Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    One good thing about Clint: he isn't Jodie.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    ...what's wrong with Jodi?

• Options
    Inviting you to dinner and asking you to bring dinner.

"surprising" her husband who has war-related PTSD with popcorn.

One of Sam's scenes rubbed me the wrong way too but I don't remember the details of it enough to comment on.

camo_sig2.png

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Man. How do you guys talk to everyone every day? I barely get even half the people in between doing things I gotta do to run a farm.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    I concentrate on like three people at a time

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    I concentrate on like three people at a time

This is what I do but everyone else is at like zero hearts.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    You don't need to talk to everyone every day, just like, once or twice a week

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Until you reach max affection then you can ignore them forever.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I seek out a specific couple of people who I'm actively trying to raise affinity with and then just do whoever I happen to run across while doing whatever it is I'm doing that day. Also hanging onto a block of some sort of universal positive gift helps with drive-by friendship points.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Jodi’s asking you to bring the fish was a little rude but eh this is a village where everyone’s always asking for favours. Granted, most pay you (though Marnie doesn’t for a couple of hers), but I figure Jodi’s cooking is apparently worth quite a bit.

The popcorn was a genuine mistake and she’s sorry.

I’m guessing Sam’s scene was where she freaks out at him breaking an egg? It definitely seemed like an overreaction to me but she quickly recovers and apologizes, and I’m similarly fastidious and can’t say I haven’t done the same with my own kids, oops. The part that rubbed me the wrong way is where Sam feels the need to lie to her (suggesting she overreacted in the past). Then again he’s an adult child living at home who apparently never has to do any chores...
    Man. How do you guys talk to everyone every day? I barely get even half the people in between doing things I gotta do to run a farm.

The saloon helps a lot! Emily, Shane, Gus, Pam, Clint, Willy and Marnie are there most or all evenings. Robin, Pierre and Demetrius are there on Fridays. Sam, Abigail, Sebastian and Harvey are there a couple of nights a week. I usually seek out Linus on my way to the mines, too.

Typically my first villagers to reach 10 hearts are Shane, Emily, Pam, Lewis and Linus.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    yeah, go to the saloon on Friday evenings and buy beers for everybody

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Straightzi wrote: »

I still can't find like half the people regularly. I need to print off a schedule or something. I saw a mod for the PC that just adds people's locations to the map and was sorely tempted to give up on my switch version.

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    Who are you having trouble finding? Everyone keeps a fairly regular schedule, all told, with a few factors that tend to make a difference. Like, you can get down to the super granular level and know their exact schedules if you really want, but overall, there are just some general tips you can use for keeping a lookout.

• Options
    Penny’s life is such that I feel the need to adopt her.

I can see how you could pity-marry her.

Also does her sprite have to look so freaking sad when she’s curled up under a tree?

• Options
    I have gained access to the Quarry. There was gold and gems there.

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Clint is a fortune away from being Notch

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular

I still can't find like half the people regularly. I need to print off a schedule or something. I saw a mod for the PC that just adds people's locations to the map and was sorely tempted to give up on my switch version.

Go to the Bar at night and you get about half the town in one spot

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    I asked @Moriveth the other day who the bachelors were in the marriage poll that Shane and Emily won, and it was apparently Shane, The Wizard, Linus and Clint.

While I’m really happy that Shane is a marriage option I do think the Wizard would make a cool spouse! I wonder if there would have been more revelations regarding Abigail? I wonder if his ex-wife would’ve shown up?

• Options
    Half the reason to marry Abigail is because you can't fuck the Wizard.

• Options
    Janson wrote: »
    I asked @Moriveth the other day who the bachelors were in the marriage poll that Shane and Emily won, and it was apparently Shane, The Wizard, Linus and Clint.

While I’m really happy that Shane is a marriage option I do think the Wizard would make a cool spouse! I wonder if there would have been more revelations regarding Abigail? I wonder if his ex-wife would’ve shown up?

Isn't the witch his ex-wife?

camo_sig2.png

• Options
    Yes, exactly! Curses galore...

• Options
    Oh okay I get you now. I thought you meant in a "we can finally see his ex-wife!" kind of way.

camo_sig2.png

• Options
    Dubh wrote: »

Unlike his beloved, who already is a notch... on my bedpost.

• Options
    Half the reason to marry Abigail is because you can't fuck the Wizard.

The heart event with Abigail where you break out a mini-harp and play music with her in the rain might be my favorite heart event, it’s so nice and chill.

• Options
    Dubh wrote: »

Look hold on, I'm willing to rag on Clint but there are some things that just go too far
    Although Emily went all the way for me

• Options
    Sexually

• Options
    On my penis

• Options
    It's worth noting that the other female options for an added romance were Marnie, Pam, and Sandy.

Which... man, those first two would've been interesting. Especially if you romanced Penny too...

• Options
    Moriveth wrote: »
    On my penis

Wait. I’m not sure I see what you guys mean.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Half the reason to marry Abigail is because you can't fuck Linus.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Linus would be a rad romance option

Hell, so would the Wizard

That lady in the desert also has a neat design

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Why can I not just murder my rabbit to get a rabbit's foot? Otherwise I am just killing time waiting on the damn thing to drop in the skull caverns. Where does the damn rabbit foot even come from? If the poor thing loses a foot is it just hopping around in circles? Last thing I need for the bulletin board.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    ConcernedApe is a vegetarian and wanted your animals to lead wholesome lives! Evidently this world’s rabbits regrow their feet.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    The fun part is when you have multiple rabbits and multiple rabbits feet show up in the coop. Was it just one foot each rabbit, or was one rabbit sacrificed to the farmer god?

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Hmm I may sacrifice my chickens and ducks to make room for more rabbits. I wonder if anyone sells bear traps....

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
This discussion has been closed.