As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Camp Comic] Friday, January 19, 2018 - Why We’re Here

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited January 2018 in Camp Weedonwantcha

image[Camp Comic] Friday, January 19, 2018 - Why We’re Here

Why We’re Here

Why We’re Here

http://campcomic.com/comic/492

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• WintermelonWolfWintermelonWolf Registered User new member
    Welp, I'm crying now.

• briguybriguy Registered User regular
    Beautiful.
    Such a wonderful, magnificent ending.

• Three Headed MonkeyThree Headed Monkey Registered User regular
    This is just so sweet.

Thank you for bringing us this amazing story

• irishpippinirishpippin Registered User new member
    Welp, starting my morning with coffee, diluted by tears. Oh, it's mostly tears, actually.

• kram1032kram1032 Registered User regular
    D'aww. This is beautiful.

• Hawk1966Hawk1966 Leiche Central FloridaRegistered User regular
    That's a lesson the world would be a better place for learning.

A comic well worth waiting for.

• VanDerSparVanDerSpar Registered User regular
    Cool story, but untrue though. You know we're here just for Nieman, to be honest.

• IcecreamIcecream Registered User new member
    Fuck you. Making me cry.

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total ... ooh, biscuits!
  • TimAusTimAus Registered User regular
    So nice. Thank you for writing this comic for so long. I hope it runs for many years

• Ilze123Ilze123 Registered User regular
    great conclusion to a magnificent chapter.

When will it be in print? I might need to order it (and part 1 too).

Guess I will never have it signed you two being on the other side of the pond (/slightly sad face)

• WizarDruWizarDru Registered User regular
    SO MANY FEELZ.
    I HAZ THEM.

• Christian LeBlancChristian LeBlanc Registered User regular
    Oh my, is this ever sweet. It's a good thing those cats were easy to find, because my eyes are super misty right now.

• DublinDublin Registered User regular
    I know where they are. Because this is so perfect.

Perfection, Nevada. Population: 14

• evileeyoreevileeyore Grognard 100 hurricane swampRegistered User regular
    If this is the end, it's the perfect spot to end on.

Wonderfull comic.

Ilze123 wrote: »
    great conclusion to a magnificent chapter.

When will it be in print? I might need to order it (and part 1 too).

Guess I will never have it signed you two being on the other side of the pond (/slightly sad face)

I don’t know if they plan on doing another Kickstarter or not for Volume 2, but I know Volume 1 had an option for signed copies (or maybe all of them were signed?).
    Maybe if they do another one, one of the tiers could be Volume 1 and 2 signed for those who missed the first one?
    I don’t know. I just want this in print too and would fully support another crowdfunding venture if it’s worth their time.

• Suburban_ArcanaSuburban_Arcana Registered User regular
    The double meaning of that last sentence in panel 2 really hit me. He could have meant "I didn't think I had it in me, but you probably thought I had it in me" or it could mean "I didn't think I had it in me, but you probably had it in you."

Oh hey, Malachi moved into Linus's old room!
    Sorry, I just realized that. I had to go back and look at the old comics just to be sure.
    I hope Brian moved into the cabin for winter at least.

• marsiliesmarsilies Registered User regular
    briguy wrote: »
    Oh hey, Malachi moved into Linus's old room!
    Not only that, but he adopted Linus's cat.

From the beginning of this storyline.
    http://campcomic.com/comic/427

• conspiracyaeconspiracyae Registered User new member
    I made an account just to say how beautiful this comic is. Thank you, Katie.

• Peter RoganPeter Rogan Registered User regular
    And sometimes maturity is a walk through a lighted tunnel, and not alone.

Katie... you know we want this story to go on.

• TacoMeowMeowTacoMeowMeow Registered User new member
    Beautiful :)

• BrobBrob Registered User regular
    So many feels...such a beautiful ending to a bittersweet arc.

• FlaxSeedFlaxSeed Registered User regular
    *standing ovation* A great arc, and an unique way to see the Camp. Well done, well done, I will miss Linus, but his exit could not be a better one

• ftktas86ftktas86 Registered User new member
    Fantastic stuff! Love this comic.

Does this mean the end of self-absorbed Malachi? Because I'll be honest -- I'm gonna miss that A LOT.

• ChileanIggyChileanIggy Registered User new member
    Holy crap. I caught up! I started reading this from the beginning right before Christmas, and I'm finally here! How fitting that this was the point I caught up on. The feels. THE FEELS.

• SporadicDuckSporadicDuck Registered User regular
    This gave me chills. Your comic is one of those little things I look forward to every week. Thank you so much for sharing with us this creation of yours!

• J. DittoJ. Ditto Registered User new member
    Just before I started reading this, as the website was loading, I wondered if you guys had an ending planned for the comic. And after the chills I got while reading this one, I think this would be a perfect ending.

BUT DON'T YOU DARE

• AsphoronAsphoron Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    This is really reminiscent of the final Calvin and Hobbes strip to me. What a wonderful ending to the arc.

• BlaiseCorvinBlaiseCorvin Registered User new member
    Holy character development, Batman. I really love this story.

• poipoigirlpoipoigirl Registered User regular
    ;.; That is the most awesome message

• DrAlleconDrAllecon Registered User regular
    What a wonderful, wonderful strip.

• bastiacbastiac Registered User regular
    Im not crying, You are crying!

• YakivegasYakivegas Registered User regular
    Really love this strip. I particularly like how the color palette changed from the dark library to the brighter tones today. If this is the end of the strip, it's a great way to say goodbye.

Of course, I really hope there's more to come.

All bleeding stops...eventually.
  • dotrazdotraz Registered User new member
    this strip honestly came at the perfect time for me
    maybe im just superstisious but life can be really poetic

• SeabSeab Registered User regular
    Yep, i've been reading webcomics for over 10 years now, and this has to be the very first time i've cried at reading one...

Thanks you guys, Katie and Adam, for all this. Thanks.

• loocheeloochee Registered User new member
    I think Malachi asking Seventeen if she's ready for the next chapter might mean the comic is not ending...Also on account of the fact that Katie and Adam haven't announced it, which I think they would have.
    This arc is SO fitting for the strip's end, I'm...kind of sorry that it won't be ending with this.

Katie and Adam...you win at story telling.

• LieutenantDanLieutenantDan Registered User regular
    <3

• Mr FishMr Fish Registered User regular
    Malachi Jr has gotten so big!

• BrobBrob Registered User regular
    Gave it a day and re-read and the feels are just as strong today. It's been said by many that this is a perfect ending if going the majestic Calvin & Hobbes exit route. I do hope there is a next chapter coming as Malachi's personal growth is a huge arc just waiting to happen.
    In light of the state of the world right now this strip is something I come to for comfort and it never fails me. The comments are always fun to see how everyone reacts and responds to the strips in their own way, which is something I never had growing up in the height of newspaper comics & I think brings so much to Camp.
    Thank you :)

Katie said on twitter there is going to be a Volume 3, but they’re taking a break to plan it out and this will be the last one for a while.
    Which, isn’t new, they’ve said before they wanted to take a break between Volume 2 and 3 because they didn’t between 1 and 2 and wanted more time to plan out the plot.
    Just didn’t want anyone to forget to check the site because they thought it was done. Unless they change their minds, at some future date the story will continue.