Options

Welcome to Jimmy [Chat]'s Roadhouse!

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Crabcakes for some reason
    Send me ur data I can play around with it a bit later today I think.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Arch wrote: »
    Also have you considered pooling replicates if you can to potentially decrease those error bars idk ur experiment tho

I don't think I have any real replicates?

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Arch wrote: »
    Send me ur data I can play around with it a bit later today I think.

It's such a mess, though :P

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    HerrCron wrote: »
    is PUBG actually good

I hear many stories about shit netcode and cheaters galore

PUBG seems less like a game, and more like an occasional awesome moments generator.

PUBG is a lot like FTL in a way

You are going to have a Bad Time until you get a couple hundred hours in and you get some best practices down

Then you start stringing those moments together

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    A hamburger served on a hubcap
    Are there any groups dedicated to preserving old VHS fansubs?

Those belong transferred to a digital medium.

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I'm all about every second year Dice output. I can't wait to see what Battlefield is going to be out this fall.

I have so many hours in BF3, and I liked BF1 a lot also but haven't played in a year now probably. Hoping they get on their unlock game now post Battlefront 2, want something similar to how it worked in BF3 where even after like 1000 hours you'd still unlock whatever new stuff at regular intervals.

I may have joined several 48 player deathmatch grinding servers at several times in BF3. I'm all about that fps unlock game.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    syndalis wrote: »
    is PUBG actually good

PUBG is by all accounts very very very good if you like the idea of a fairly realistic, intense large-population elimination-based deathmatch game with a shrinking perimeter that keeps things from dragging on needlessly.

The hooks are great.

There is a cheater problem, yes... but I am hoping that the xbox version smooths out enough that I can just play it there and bypass the whole problem.

My ... great nephew I guess, visited over christmas and brought his xbox and damn near every game he played on there was full of blatant cheaters

so much so that I had assumed that cheating was worse in console games

override367 on
  • Options
    I'm all about being all about things.

• Options
    BF1 = poor unlock game, I'm not about that aspect of it.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »

be the change you want to see in the world

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Oh wow the new FF14 patch has the Phantom Train as a boss fight

That game has the best devs and fanservice

can you suplex it

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    My nephew plays fortnite and I saw him play a few times. Is it the same as PUBG?

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    navgoose wrote: »
    My nephew plays fortnite and I saw him play a few times. Is it the same as PUBG?

There's a fortnite Battle Royale mode that is kinda the same thing but with some unique twists like being able to build.

Fortnite has an entire pve mode that they have stopped updating as much in favor of this mode.

Also apparently Paragon is suffering because of Fortnite too, there's even a PA comic today about it.

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Caesar salad with extra anchovies (your server's pick!)
    I got my w2 time to find out my treasure

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    The mechanics in fortnite kinda silly. Takes a while to drink juice but building wooden walls and ramps is instant.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Neco wrote: »
    I got my w2 time to find out my treasure

You owe The State $43,000

TTODewback on
    Bless your heart.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    The mechanics in fortnite kinda silly. Takes a while to drink juice but building wooden walls and ramps is instant.

maybe it's because juice is actually bad for you

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    tumblr_p2sjnsDP7Z1tcqhjho1_400.png

"Clarion-Ledger, Jackson, Mississippi, May 6, 1939"

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    j23ri05mk3i2.jpeg

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    An 1800 calorie steak

For some of the old shows that never got licensed, they're still the only versions out there. I've seen a few rips of the old S. Baldric subs out there. But not many.

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    j23ri05mk3i2.jpeg

Sure, why not

Alternative is you assemble the combover

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    desc wrote: »

It is Mississippi in 1939. The editor's opinions night be more of the "holy shit, these people were racist" variety. Maybe that newspaper was one of the more progressive ones.

Couscous on
  • Options
    Honestly i wish i would lose more hair so i could finally pull the trigger on buzzing it

It's not doing me any favors currently but i have enough that i cannot buzz it without getting the evil eye

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    is PUBG actually good

I fell out of love with it really fast because of two things.

1) cheaters, goddamn cheaters
    2) it's too easy to just die within seconds of something starting to shoot at you; most other shooters are built to allow you time to discover where you're being attacked from and react. PUBG is just like "no you just died that's it."

It's a cool concept but I'm waiting for other developers to take it and make something better of it. And they already are. I heard apparently Halo is going to have a PUBG style mode?

Also, goddamn cheaters. At minimum 5% of the playerbase on the PC is cheating, and that may not sound like a lot, but remember that 100 people play in a round each time. There will always be a cheater at minimum.

• Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular

Why bother phishing for WoW accounts when you can just up and nab some servers?

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Gonmun wrote: »
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    ummm, holy fuck, the other senior engineer is packing his shit up and leaving. I do not know the circumstances but it doesn't feel voluntary.

That sounds a bit disconcerting.

other people were let go too. Was a lay off I guess, right after the annual performance review.

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    An 1800 calorie steak
    SniperGuy wrote: »

There's a fortnite Battle Royale mode that is kinda the same thing but with some unique twists like being able to build.

Fortnite has an entire pve mode that they have stopped updating as much in favor of this mode.

Also apparently Paragon is suffering because of Fortnite too, there's even a PA comic today about it.

Which was quite literally the entire main part of the game. The thing the game was advertised and built for. But it didn't bring in the folks. The Battle Royale mode suddenly brought in a ton of players. It doesn't surprise me the games development made a U turn from it's original theme of co op horde mode tower defense.

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    someone should really tell the FBI you can just take the hard drives

you don't need the whole dang server

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »

can you suplex it

If yes, I'll be upgrading to Stormblood as soon as I get home from work.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    TTODewback wrote: »

can you suplex it
    Also apparently Bards are getting straight up piano interfaces in FF14.

Goddamn it I really want to like that game, I just wish the social issues I ran into didn't exist. Edit - Also the initial leveling track storyline is boring as balls.

Henroid on
  • Options
    cptrugged wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »

Which was quite literally the entire main part of the game. The thing the game was advertised and built for. But it didn't bring in the folks. The Battle Royale mode suddenly brought in a ton of players. It doesn't surprise me the games development made a U turn from it's original theme of co op horde mode tower defense.

One mode was like $40 dollars and the other was free.

What a surprise at which one is more popular!

• Options
    Aioua wrote: »

Those things are fucking heavy too. My roomie is a server admin and on a couple occasions he had to bring equipment home temporarily, had to help him carry it in. The density of those things is like a dying sun.

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    HerrCron wrote: »
    is PUBG actually good

PUBG seems less like a game, and more like an occasional awesome moments generator.

PUBG is a lot like FTL in a way

You are going to have a Bad Time until you get a couple hundred hours in and you get some best practices down

Then you start stringing those moments together

Yeah, that makes sense.
    I enjoyed FTL, for the 30 hours or so I played, but it always felt like a crapshoot.

Now Playing:
    Dragon Ball FighterZ [PC] - Sure is a lot of not killing Goku going on right now.
    Celeste [Switch] - She'll be wrestling with inner demons when she comes...
  • Options
    Henroid wrote: »

Those things are fucking heavy too. My roomie is a server admin and on a couple occasions he had to bring equipment home temporarily, had to help him carry it in. The density of those things is like a dying sun.

they are also totally going to knock that stack over

that much weight on a little dolly? as soon as it hits a bump in the carpet the wheels are gonna seize

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    I would recommend against being around anyone who has this flu/cold going around. It is horrible.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular

chain of custody and the fact that pulling hdd's from an array could possibly make a change to them means a paranoid investigator just might pull the whole thing so they can have them in their native array for a no-write image pull.

Or they're just dumb

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »

It is Mississippi in 1939. The editor's opinions night be more of the "holy shit, these people were racist" variety. Maybe that newspaper was one of the more progressive ones.

You could say this about the entire country from coast to coast circa 1939

I'm sure there were plenty of decent people in Mississippi at any given time

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    A couple years back, Mom put together a DVD from a bunch of old wrestling videos from 9th and 10th grade I didn't even know existed. Also on there was the very last football game I ever played, which I was glad to have. But man, those wrestling videos...Mom you really could have just tossed those and nothing of value would have been lost

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    in six hours I have a phone interview at a Big Important Company

i'm dying

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Obligatory rack of ribs

Yeah but what if some information leaked out into the server chassis? What if there is internet dust in the fans?

What then, Vowels?

This discussion has been closed.