Options

Wid[chat]

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    I always look at my credit card bill and think it’s way too high to be right then I go through the transactions and then I’m like damnit

• Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    IPA hate is one part actual excess of hops combined with two parts babymouth

I don't think a reasonably hopped IPA would appeal to people that complain about Imperial IPAs

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    There are definitely more balanced IPAs lately

There was briefly a trend of overdoing the hops but like I feel like they’re doing a good job balancing those and other pale ales

I like the beer place near my apartment

I wish beer didn’t make me fat and hungover etc

poo
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Kids are drinking Steele Reserve mixed with Boones Farm and Rice Krispy Treats

they call it the Briar Patch

Throw in some Bartles & James and I'm down.

Or even better, some Zima.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    SadgasmSadgasm Deluded doodler A cold placeRegistered User regular

There was briefly a trend of overdoing the hops but like I feel like they’re doing a good job balancing those and other pale ales

Beer is basically just liquid bread and alcohol, diet drink it isnt

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    My brother drinks the most bitter and floral IPAs and claims to enjoy them. Apparently a lot of people like these things and claim they’re great. I don’t understand it at all, but it makes more sense than an entire industry losing its collective mind and for a decade producing increasingly undrinkable products.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Sculpin is like the upper limit of ipa I can tolerate

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    My brother drinks the most bitter and floral IPAs and claims to enjoy them. Apparently a lot of people like these things and claim they’re great. I don’t understand it at all, but it makes more sense than an entire industry losing its collective mind and for a decade producing increasingly undrinkable products.

could be worse they could be drinking Budweiser products

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    There are people who love durian. People are different.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Sadgasm wrote: »

Beer is basically just liquid bread and alcohol, diet drink it isnt

That's why I love Trappist ales.

Your drinking the original smoothie, a caloric and nutrient dense protein bomb developed so monks could go on longer fasts to score even more points with God and not die from it.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    I drink many IPAs when I see my movies. Back heathens! *waves torch*

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    There are people who love durian. People are different.

Different strokes for different, wrong folks.

• Options
    VishNub wrote: »
    I don’t want to get up :(

Gotta get up, gotta get going.

All I have to today is write my report, so I’m having a leisurely coffee

• Options
    Last thanksgiving one of the only beer types anyone got was a case of Stone IPA types

we learned to like IPA a lot

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    NRK is now 70% william and kate visting norway and our royal family, 20% russia in the olympics, and 10% everything else, including two murders, four highly inflamed political issues, six political issues less so, mass graves in myanmar, the extreme right, etc etc etc

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular

You should see a friend of yours. Someone round and fuzzy.

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    I did not burn the espresso this morning, which is of course my primary metric for whether a day has gone well

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    Last thanksgiving one of the only beer types anyone got was a case of Stone IPA types

Ruination is good enough for Stone to earn the right to use the name Arrogant Bastard.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    The Euthanasia Coaster is an art concept for a steel roller coaster designed to kill its passengers. In 2010, it was designed and made into a scale model by Julijonas Urbonas, a PhD candidate at the Royal College of Art in London. Urbonas, who has worked at an amusement park, stated that the goal of his concept roller coaster is to take lives "with elegance and euphoria".

The concept design of the layout begins with a steep-angled lift to the 510-metre (1,670 ft) (0.317 mile) top, which would take two minutes for the 24-passenger train to reach. From there, a 500-metre (1,600 ft) drop would take the train to 360 kilometres per hour (220 mph), close to its terminal velocity, before flattening out and speeding into the first of its seven slightly clothoid inversions. Each inversion would have a smaller diameter than the one before in order to maintain the lethal 10 g to passengers while the train loses speed. After a sharp right-hand turn the train would enter a straight, where unloading of corpses and loading of new passengers could take place.
    6l0b0uyuqu3l.jpg

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I’m just glad that good wheat beers have been getting more and more popular too. They’re much more common, it’s not just blue moon, blue moon and blue moon.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    NRK is now 70% william and kate visting norway and our royal family, 20% russia in the olympics, and 10% everything else, including two murders, four highly inflamed political issues, six political issues less so, mass graves in myanmar, the extreme right, etc etc etc

These are sensible priorities.

• Options
    edited February 2018
    also @elldren on june 15th Bergen Philharmonic and KORK will perform everything Grieg has composed, as it'd have been his 175th birthday this year. There'll be a 30 hour broadcast on NRK2.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Well damn. I knew I shouldn't have waited. Black Panther already sold out in the theaters I would normally go to for opening weekend.

• Options

You should see a friend of yours. Someone round and fuzzy.

I’m watching fotr on Netflix?

• Options
    I’m just glad that good wheat beers have been getting more and more popular too. They’re much more common, it’s not just blue moon, blue moon and blue moon.

Hoegaarden is still a world beater and my go to unfiltered wheat.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I dislike IPAs with all the hops. Buries all other flavors in the taste of the strips you used in middle school to demonstrate your bitter receptors on your tongue.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    This is a good page full of proper IPA appreciators.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Lately I’ve not been a huge fan of wheats personally

poo
  • Options

Ruination is good enough for Stone to earn the right to use the name Arrogant Bastard.

Stone in general makes good beers

• Options
    edited February 2018
    on june 15th Bergen Philharmonic and KORK will perform everything Grieg has composed, as it'd have been his 175th birthday this year. There'll be a 30 hour broadcast on NRK2.

Kinky. Any chance on modern interpretations:

https://youtu.be/vn91tBlnNic

BlackDragon480 on
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Wheats are kind of my main stay. For years sunshine wheat from New Belgium was my normal session beer.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Lately I’ve not been a huge fan of wheats personally

Wheats are good, they've got a nice flavor to them.

• Options
    in a bit of schadenfreude (which is tinged with some discomfort - there's going to be a billion comments going THESE POWERHORNY* GESTAPO FUCKS AREN'T ANY BETTER THEMSELVES by people who are angry they got caught going 120 in a 20 zone and urgh, but still, hah!) this got another article, as the Special Unit for Police Affairs (direct translation. The english name is Norwegian Bureau for the Investigation of Police Affairs which is... unwieldy) concluded their investigation of the policewoman who drove her car with summer tires, and promptly went off the road.

kdRB6BsP7IAXunIbnK9NawYQUIbe3oHm4jEc1XblVdlA
    It's safe to assume that the firemen have a friendly rivalry going with the police, so I bet they enjoyed this.

*maktkåt, regular norwegian expression.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    qkislhex1bxl.jpeg

I doughn’t believe it.

• Options
    The Euthanasia Coaster is an art concept for a steel roller coaster designed to kill its passengers. In 2010, it was designed and made into a scale model by Julijonas Urbonas, a PhD candidate at the Royal College of Art in London. Urbonas, who has worked at an amusement park, stated that the goal of his concept roller coaster is to take lives "with elegance and euphoria".

The concept design of the layout begins with a steep-angled lift to the 510-metre (1,670 ft) (0.317 mile) top, which would take two minutes for the 24-passenger train to reach. From there, a 500-metre (1,600 ft) drop would take the train to 360 kilometres per hour (220 mph), close to its terminal velocity, before flattening out and speeding into the first of its seven slightly clothoid inversions. Each inversion would have a smaller diameter than the one before in order to maintain the lethal 10 g to passengers while the train loses speed. After a sharp right-hand turn the train would enter a straight, where unloading of corpses and loading of new passengers could take place.
    6l0b0uyuqu3l.jpg

https://youtu.be/sNzfFEB0ipc

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    qkislhex1bxl.jpeg

I doughn’t believe it.

That's gonna get a rise out of people.

• Options
    on june 15th Bergen Philharmonic and KORK will perform everything Grieg has composed, as it'd have been his 175th birthday this year. There'll be a 30 hour broadcast on NRK2.

https://youtu.be/vn91tBlnNic

doubtful

(not that I'd call this... quite that. Not exactly any lyrics I recognize :P)

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Gose Sours are a new like of mine

• Options
    Grieghallen will set up dormitories where people can sleep, if someone wants to catch all of it live. And it'll be free.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited February 2018

doubtful

(not that I'd call this... quite that. Not exactly any lyrics I recognize :P)

It's built around the primary theme of Slovig's Song, just faster, and modern lyrics over top.

BlackDragon480 on
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
This discussion has been closed.