As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[QUILTBAG]: The time for Pride has passed. Now is the time for Wrath.

• Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    I'm sorry HB. No you definitely don't deserve this.

While reading I kept hoping the story would turn to "and then I pulled out a knife and stabbed him" but it kept being sad.

I'm so so sorry :(

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Ok so recovery is going super well

I'm definitely going to be able to work from home monday and finish a coding thing

I'm also definitely going to be able to happily tool around for the rest of my fmla like a vacation for a few weeks

When the painkillers are fully effective there's not any discomfort at all (when they aren't it's not amazing but also not unbearable or anything)

Very curious to see what's under the bandages but I have to wait until wednesday

Also having these drains attached to me is super weird, it's like I have a potions bandolier or something very genre. Kind of annoying also cause I can't really see my new silhouette because the drains are making weird lumps under my clothes.

Anyway yeah, all is well, would recommend procedure 10/10

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    Ok so recovery is going super well

I'm definitely going to be able to work from home monday and finish a coding thing

I'm also definitely going to be able to happily tool around for the rest of my fmla like a vacation for a few weeks

When the painkillers are fully effective there's not any discomfort at all (when they aren't it's not amazing but also not unbearable or anything)

Very curious to see what's under the bandages but I have to wait until wednesday

Also having these drains attached to me is super weird, it's like I have a potions bandolier or something very genre. Kind of annoying also cause I can't really see my new silhouette because the drains are making weird lumps under my clothes.

Anyway yeah, all is well, would recommend procedure 10/10

Whoa, rad! Congrats!!

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    if someone touched one of my partners like that, I would have made them eat a beer bottle

no, that's not a metaphor

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    meanwhile my parents refuse to change up my pronouns

parents pls

get with the fucking program or stop expecting me to call and check in

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    meanwhile my parents refuse to change up my pronouns

parents pls

get with the fucking program or stop expecting me to call and check in

I've low key committed to this strategy, recently

my mom has been the only one doing calls, now

and I can just tell she's noticed

hope she's feeling guilty as fuck about her inability to treat me with respect, but those are some high hopes

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Rainfall wrote: »
    Oh shit that's mine actually? So if you could just... mail it over here....

Helllll naw it's mine. Also:

I fucking love your name in the middle of that certificate. It made me think of a KO screen in a fighting game. So pretty much this:

mANctKzh.png

Except instead of knocking out Ibuki you knocked out....I dunno, the patriarchy probably.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Thanks to the tireless efforts of my sister, my parents still don't know about my transition.
    They don't deserve to know. Fuck 'em.

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    God damn, Hyperballad, that sounds completely mortifying.

Sorry that some asshole decided to ruin your night like that. :(

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Thanks to the tireless efforts of my sister, my parents still don't know about my transition.

What's it like having a rad sibling

Because mine sucks

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Can confirm

• Options
    I mostly laugh about it - the tipping point for disowning me was when two Internet strangers politely asked him to stop being rude

I now commonly refer to him as "Broseph Smith," or my as my "shitty older brother" during conversations

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited February 2018
    Dubh wrote: »

What's it like having a rad sibling

Because mine sucks

It's good! She came with me for my first makeup shopping trip and was helpful despite being utterly fashion inept. She has her own troubles but she's a strong loving support and I would do anything to help her out.
    Note that I have two shit siblings, though. It's a numbers game.

I have a really good support network of friends even before I include how awesome the friends I've made in this thread are. I am very very very very lucky in that respect and I thank my lucky stars every day.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    How's everything going today, friends?

• Options
    How's everything going today, friends?

I did laundry, cooked some food, just ate a lemon. The girl I have a mile high crush on messaged me this morning and we talked about crushes and kissing Chris Hemsworth and then she asked me out to brunch tomorrow so kinda panicking about that.

Gotta wait until Tuesday to do paperwork for my gender change-up but I'm really excited for that.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Mmmm lemons.
    Also congrats on the date! You got this. Just be your cool normal self and you'll kill it.

• Options
    Mmmm lemons.
    Also congrats on the date! You got this. Just be your cool normal self and you'll kill it.

We'll seeeee. It's stressful for sure, I gotta come clean about my crush on her otherwise this is never going to end.

• Options
    jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    I came out to my sister she is so amazing and supportive and I'm so overwhelmed right now.

I couldn't have wished for it to go any better! We talked a lot about gender, feminism, queer identity. She's already involved in the lgbt community so I didn't have to explain stuff, or give any terminology or anything. It was a huge relief to be able to skip the whole.."Ok this is what dysphoria is... This is what transition involves..." Steps and go straight to talking about how I know I'm transfeminine, but not sure whether I will end up identifying as a woman or enby, and have that not be a foreign concept to her. And also to have it met with complete acceptance and support, and understanding, and reassurance that my identity is valid, and she's on my side no matter what i choose. She told me about a bunch of trans youtubers / bloggers she follows, and suggested we go to a queer trivia night that one of her friends runs soon. She's the best.

Coming out to a family member is a huge hurdle that makes this all feel so much more real, and to have it be such a nice experience fills me with so much confidence that yes, I am doing the right thing.

I feel ... Calm, in a way that I don't think I've felt in a very long time. I just let out my deepest secret and the world didn't explode and I'm not dead and everything is still fine.

jaziek on
    Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    <3<3<3 for supportive family members

I have briefly mentioned my mother's not-so-acceptance of my bisexuality, but my sister on the other hand has always treated it as completely normal. I "came out" to her at some point, but it was just a casual thing, like a pre-explanation for "why I'm about to talk about this dude I think is hot" and ever since then she's been completely supportive while also not making a big deal about it, which is exactly what I want. So now we talk about guys we're both into, or I'll be like "oh man, that Adam Levine m i rite" and she'll be like "eh, he's definitely attractive, but not really my type I think". I have been talking to her about dating guys recently and she's been giving me her honest perspective on it, and there's just absolutely no judgement at all or anything and gosh I just love her so much she's the best.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    CromartyCromarty Danielle Registered User regular
    Hey friends.

Just wanted to tell you all that Erin and Christine are the best and I love them. <3

• Options
    edited February 2018
    Cromarty wrote: »
    Hey friends.

Just wanted to tell you all that Erin and Christine are the best and I love them. <3

<3
    Love you tooooooo

Erin The Red on
  • Options
    HEY Y'ALL IT'S MONDAY!

Anything fun on the radar for you all?
    We have another big interview on Wednesday with a super cool nerd. Trying to not freak out a little, as he's one of the co-creators of the game we've been playing for the past....3 years?

I have a bunch of fun new makeup. I should experiment with it soon. Hmmmm.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I'm trying to be patient waiting for a therapist appointment. Reminding myself to be grateful that this is the biggest problem I have in my life right now, but it sure would be nice to talk to a person about some things.

• Options
    HEY Y'ALL IT'S MONDAY!

We have another big interview on Wednesday with a super cool nerd. Trying to not freak out a little, as he's one of the co-creators of the game we've been playing for the past....3 years?

Brunch date-not-date! And the Overwatch League Puppy Bowl! And tomorrow I get to go to a notary and tell them I'm a lady!

• Options
    edited February 2018
    HEY Y'ALL IT'S MONDAY!

Brunch date-not-date! And the Overwatch League Puppy Bowl! And tomorrow I get to go to a notary and tell them I'm a lady!

Mmmmm brunch. Good luck with the notary! I'm sure it will all be fine and good and great.
    I'm working from home today and feel weirdly cut off from the world, haha.

Had to do an active shooter training class online first thing. Which is a real fuckeroo for your morning
    I'm trying to be patient waiting for a therapist appointment. Reminding myself to be grateful that this is the biggest problem I have in my life right now, but it sure would be nice to talk to a person about some things.

Yeah definitely. Waiting sucks really hard. I'm terrible at it. And I'm coming at all this from the other side of the coin, but if you ever wanted to just vent at, I'm here for ya

Erin The Red on
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Hey, Quiltbag thread.

I finally got back to work (a little bit) on my first script from last year, last night. I've barely touched it since I got inspired to work on other stories and I've been wanting to get back to it for months.

I foresee getting more work done on it soon, but it's hard to say.

For now I go to bed, for I am a shadow and shun the light of day. Amara is very understanding of this, and I appreciate her patience.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    <3<3<3 for supportive family members

I have briefly mentioned my mother's not-so-acceptance of my bisexuality, but my sister on the other hand has always treated it as completely normal. I "came out" to her at some point, but it was just a casual thing, like a pre-explanation for "why I'm about to talk about this dude I think is hot" and ever since then she's been completely supportive while also not making a big deal about it, which is exactly what I want. So now we talk about guys we're both into, or I'll be like "oh man, that Adam Levine m i rite" and she'll be like "eh, he's definitely attractive, but not really my type I think". I have been talking to her about dating guys recently and she's been giving me her honest perspective on it, and there's just absolutely no judgement at all or anything and gosh I just love her so much she's the best.

my favorite reactions to coming out have always been the nonplussed ones

it's the casual and perfect efficiency of them simply changing a variable in their minds

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Evidently six years ago today I went into the hospital for GRS.
    And Seven years ago today I came out on FB.

That's a lot of emotion in today's On This Day thing.

Edit:
    Six years. SIX!
    Good lord my association with time is really weak.

Psykoma on
  • Options
    I am an idiot.
    Literally stammered out "uhilikeyouandyoureprettyokaybye" as I was dropping her off after we had brunch and went to a shoe store together.

Then I went to the mall and thought about buying more makeup and a bra but instead I decided I'd start feeling intensely dysphoric and run away.

Great day, great day.
    (Brunch was delicious)

• Options
    I am an idiot.
    Literally stammered out "uhilikeyouandyoureprettyokaybye" as I was dropping her off after we had brunch and went to a shoe store together.

Then I went to the mall and thought about buying more makeup and a bra but instead I decided I'd start feeling intensely dysphoric and run away.

Great day, great day.
    (Brunch was delicious)

Oh no! Did you get any kind of answer? Or like... follow up via text with her?

The dysphoria thing is really rough, I'm sorry. If the opinions of others help any, I think you're a rad as hell lady and are killin' it in ways I could not dream of.

• Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    I am just about as cis as can be so I can’t speak to dysphoria and I don’t know if this actually helps but you are awesome. This is a blanket statement to everyone in the thread.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    I am an idiot.

Great day, great day.
    (Brunch was delicious)

The dysphoria thing is really rough, I'm sorry. If the opinions of others help any, I think you're a rad as hell lady and are killin' it in ways I could not dream of.

Today is not a day for answers.

• Options
    I am an idiot.

Great day, great day.
    (Brunch was delicious)

Ok. You know how to get to me if you need to talk!
    But I won't pry.
    Hugs

• Options
    I am an idiot.

Great day, great day.
    (Brunch was delicious)

always remember maladict's catchphrase

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I have an online therapist appointment booked for Friday. Feel like I should prepare things to say but not sure what.

The last day or so I've been feeling less enthusiastic about the whole thing. It just feels so awkward and embarrassing.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I have an online therapist appointment booked for Friday. Feel like I should prepare things to say but not sure what.

The last day or so I've been feeling less enthusiastic about the whole thing. It just feels so awkward and embarrassing.

That's a good place to start!

• Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    (Brunch was delicious)

What did you have? Brunch is becoming my favourite meal.

• Options
  • Options
    boy howdy once you start losing weight, it's just keeps on going and goin

that's my personal self-improvement goal

hoping that it leads back to the point where I enjoy taking selfies again

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    A friend of mine and her sister opened up a clothing store in December, and yesterday I finally went in and bought some really cute tops

If only I were allowed to wear them during the week

But I got enough for a few weekend rotations to start off with so yayyy

This discussion has been closed.