Options

[Monster Hunter] World: New elder dragon event. Squad up!

• Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Entaru wrote: »
    The bazel hunting horn is mu second favorite horn and the one I would absolutely recommend as the best horn for aomeone just dabbling in Hunting Horn.

See what is happening TimFiji ? i've had to become a hunting horn guy.

I blame you.

Yes hear the gospel of tootin' snoots.

I wish I had three +hp recovery gems to slot into it. And a damn hero hammer stone :(

Past week I've been using Teo's lyre horn thing more though because of the ailment protect and vaal being in the critical bounties.

edit; whoops left in batsignal.

Qanamil on
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    A hero stone?

Hammer has a lot of great rarity 8 options, actually. The Kushala Daora hammer and Vaal Hazak hammers are eye-watering, the Xeno hammer with Handicraft basically never runs out of white sharpness and has two tier-3 slots, the Binder mace is a really good option for if you want a paralysis set (though you'll need some Paralysis Attack up to make it really worth it and I think I still like Malady's Fist III better)

But my favorite rarity 8 hammer is Zorah Magdaros's. It has very high raw damage and can do explosions for days, and it looks fly as hell.

What is your setup for the Zorah hammer?

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    A hero stone?

Hammer has a lot of great rarity 8 options, actually. The Kushala Daora hammer and Vaal Hazak hammers are eye-watering, the Xeno hammer with Handicraft basically never runs out of white sharpness and has two tier-3 slots, the Binder mace is a really good option for if you want a paralysis set (though you'll need some Paralysis Attack up to make it really worth it and I think I still like Malady's Fist III better)

But my favorite rarity 8 hammer is Zorah Magdaros's. It has very high raw damage and can do explosions for days, and it looks fly as hell.

What is your setup for the Zorah hammer?

Honestly a lot like the others. Lots of handicraft, weakness exploit, earplugs, crit boost. I'll bring the Apothecary mantle if I'm feeling saucy. I worked out a build at some point that also boosted my blast attack way up but that ended up using the Teostra waist and UUUUGGGGH

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Also I have tried Fashion Hunter for the first time, going after Tempered Teostra with a Great Girros set (and the Dragonking Eyepatch since I have headgear turned off, and also the Handicraft charm because come on)

8:30. Not too bad! The big thing here was keeping my Diablos Shatterer, since you need big damage to keep it staggered and make you much more survivable.

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Hey, I'm trying to get some Teo gems, decided I'd also stream while still learning GS.

Saldonas on
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    man i really need to get in a bunch of tempered tier 2 and tier 3 hunts

i need to get me some gems so i can start experimenting with different builds

i guess i also need to finish up my charms too

I need to make the final earplugs and weakness exploit charms...

hmmm I got a lot of farming it seems

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    I've got only a single temp Nergi investigation. I used up my temp Vaal already. Hoping that Nergi pops more t3s. Daddy needs new stones.

• Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    Woohoo!
    mjn591vw8yqv.jpg

Xeno + Piercing Pod = End of Game mention :razz:
    dmlvxdj2i7hl.jpg

Now I can build all Xeno weapons! :biggrin:
    Oh wait, Blacksteel II (the one step before Xeno weapons) needs a Wyvern Gem... :bigfrown:

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    The Raging PlatypusThe Raging Platypus Registered User regular
    Hey is there a blue colored commendation type item? Shows up as a question mark in my charm upgrade menu,and I'm a bit surprised there are ingredients I haven't seen at HR 60-ish.

Quid wrote: »
    YOU'RE A GOD DAMN PLATYPUS.
    PSN Name: MusingPlatypus
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Hey is there a blue colored commendation type item? Shows up as a question mark in my charm upgrade menu,and I'm a bit surprised there are ingredients I haven't seen at HR 60-ish.

Comes from the finish all optional mission, mission, or the level 100 hr one.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    milk ducks wrote: »
    Talk to the handler -> multiplayer -> prioritize 9 Star Investigations -> Search for Flares
    No Flares Found -> Search for Flares -> Repeat until you find something
    Check for Tempered Dragons -> Nope -> Back out and continue searching for flares until you find a Tempered Dragon Investigation
    Error, Can't Join Session -> Repeat for 10 minutes

Sure is fun.

Here's the thing... in my experience, if you see something you like, mash X/A. Don't worry about choosing a camp or using vouchers. You do not have time.

EDIT: Whoops, I think I responded to something posted awhile back. Still relevant though!

Also, is there a PA lobby happening right now? Like right now right now? I need non-randoms to play with. Add MercyXXVI.

Thanks!

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

Somehow I have one without ever having done those missions

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    Hah, was amusing to stream for the first time. Thanks for watching, everyone that tuned in as I flailed round with a great sword.

• Options
    MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Woohoo!

Now I can build all Xeno weapons! :biggrin:
    Oh wait, Blacksteel II (the one step before Xeno weapons) needs a Wyvern Gem... :bigfrown:

Barroth Investigations.

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • Options
    Nergigante down to 2'42.

That was after it managed to run away again.

I think with a bit more focus and a solid hit on some spikes when it's ready to go... maybe... hm...

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    Seesh only 2:42? For shame!
    I'll be over here quietly happy I can manage sub 15 min solo runs now.

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

Maybe you joined someones without realizing?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

Maybe you joined someones without realizing?

Nope

Some wiki says apparently the Temp Pink and Blue optional has a 1% chance, so I’m gonna guess it was that

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    I got to the Elder zone and did my Bazelgeuse quest (barely), but I appear to be straight up getting one shotted by Bazel / Azure Rathalos / Pink Rathian.

I'm using the Kulukay HR gear with DEF of like 40 (but it doesn't have any major weaknesses like everything else I could make?)

Suggestions? Am I way behind the gear curve here or what?

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    I got to the Elder zone and did my Bazelgeuse quest (barely), but I appear to be straight up getting one shotted by Bazel / Azure Rathalos / Pink Rathian.

I'm using the Kulukay HR gear with DEF of like 40 (but it doesn't have any major weaknesses like everything else I could make?)

What is your favorite monster

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular

Hmmm, I think it's probably Diablos. I really enjoy that fight.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    So after complaining about Diablos for what feels like forever something just...I guess it clicked today. It felt nice to not be bounced around like a goddamn pinball for a change and my man was looking like he went a few rounds with Iron Mike in his prime when it was all said and done

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    edited March 2018

Hmmm, I think it's probably Diablos. I really enjoy that fight.

Diablos is a great pick! I think it's my favorite monster too.

Kill it a bunch of times and wear it as armor.

Then upgrade the armor.

Make a weapon out of it, if you play a weapon that has a Diablos weapon type.

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Hmm, I'm starting to wonder if certain jewels just don't show up from the high end melding.

• Options
    CesareBCesareB Registered User regular

You can largely ignore the elemental stats of your armor unless you find something in particular is ruining you. The skills are more important by far. Just find HR armor with the skills you want and upgrade it as you have armor spheres.

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Man, I'm getting shit gems

.....and then another two more elementless....

• Options
    (It should not have been this hard to get a decent shared video shared, had to transfer to USB, upload to Youtube, and then share on Twitter)

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    CesareB wrote: »

You can largely ignore the elemental stats of your armor unless you find something in particular is ruining you. The skills are more important by far. Just find HR armor with the skills you want and upgrade it as you have armor spheres.
    I had the same experience wrt one-shots

For the short term it's probably better to pick something further down the list, skills be damned. One shots are one shots; shore up that defense first, then worry about skills (possible exception for health boost and divine protection).

You can upgrade the lower tier armor but it's pretty expensive both in terms of cash and spheres. At that point in the game you'll be opening up a lot of higher quality sets.

• Options
    Genji-GlovesGenji-Gloves Registered User regular
    Patch notes for next week. New mantle as well.

http://www.monsterhunterworld.com/us/topics/update/

• Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    I'm upset of this trend of the alpha armor looking "the best" to me visually but not having slots.

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    FiskebentFiskebent DenmarkRegistered User regular
    I'm upset at the male diablos helm looking way, way, *way* better than the female.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    I am finally getting back on top of my university coursework, so I can finally play this a little again. When I left I had just entered high rank and killed the obligatory Pukei, so today I set off to kill some Barroths, see if I can get some Guard going for my Lance.

...question, does every High Rank quest become this kind of monster mash? Because in the same mission I had Diablos, Jyuratodus, Barroth, and Beetlejuice (Bazelgeuse is also annoyingly sticky, I find). I hadn't packed dung bombs, but if this is going to be this way, I am going to need to find some way to farm them.

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Saldonas wrote: »
    (It should not have been this hard to get a decent shared video shared, had to transfer to USB, upload to Youtube, and then share on Twitter)

PS4 has direct integration to Youtube...

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular

You can also wander around Elder's Recess and scoop up a bunch of ore and craft a couple pieces of the High Metal/Ingot sets. Those are pretty decent for starter HR defense, and you can get like 4 ranks in the defense boost skill pretty easily on top of the raw defense.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Hrm... I have an Expert deco coming up, but not really enough other decos to spend on getting it. The Triple Threat event didn't provide me with nearly enough! I think I'm going to ignore this one, since none of my builds really use Expert. Time to focus on some Tempered farming and just swallow the bitter pill of NOT KNOWING what is coming up in the snipe list.

Fawst on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    I am finally getting back on top of my university coursework, so I can finally play this a little again. When I left I had just entered high rank and killed the obligatory Pukei, so today I set off to kill some Barroths, see if I can get some Guard going for my Lance.

...question, does every High Rank quest become this kind of monster mash? Because in the same mission I had Diablos, Jyuratodus, Barroth, and Beetlejuice (Bazelgeuse is also annoyingly sticky, I find). I hadn't packed dung bombs, but if this is going to be this way, I am going to need to find some way to farm them.

A lot of times the HR ones will be. And yeah, flinging poo is your friend. You can meld up like 100 of them for about 3k research and a bunch of outdated materials.
    Bazelgeuse's AI seems to be deliberately dickish. He will seek out other fights to crash.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    When people complain about being "one shot" by monsters, that's hyperbole right? It's a Hunter who was really at 40-60% or hasn't upgraded...?

Outside taking on Los or Blos when you are still on Barroth progression storywise, monsters can't really one shot a Hunter I've found.

Even when I progressed to tempered monsters the temp bagel couldn't one shot me. He could come close on big attacks. Temp Kirin, the bastard, still had to chain attacks to kill me.

Maybe a tempered Nergi can on shot? Or does the ps4 version have easier monsters?

navgoose on
  • Options
    The Raging PlatypusThe Raging Platypus Registered User regular
    I was trying to figure out how to join up on your stream session Saldonas! But I guess it wouldn't work since I'm not on the PA squad yet? Not entirely sure.

In any case, I'm loving the doot horn so of ya'all need all the good buffs to fight LR monsters all the way up yo tempered elders, feel free to add me!

Quid wrote: »
    YOU'RE A GOD DAMN PLATYPUS.
    PSN Name: MusingPlatypus
  • Options
    LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    navgoose wrote: »
    When people complain about being "one shot" by monsters, that's hyperbole right? It's a Hunter who was really at 40-60% or hasn't upgraded...?

Outside taking on Los or Blos when you are still on Barroth progression storywise, monsters can't really one shot a Hunter I've found.

Even when I progressed to tempered monsters the temp bagel couldn't one shot me. He could come close on big attacks. Temp Kirin, the bastard, still had to chain attacks to kill me.

Maybe a tempered Nergi can on shot? Or does the ps4 version have easier monsters?

The nerg dive bomb or the Teastro supernova can one-shot. Most hits will feel like one-shot too until you over-gear the encounter. So, depends on how you're playing. If you're spending hours on hours upgrading to max level then fighting the dragons, sure, it won't one-shot. If you just play it as you're being introduced? Def. will one shot. I think even Anja has a one-shot firebreath thing and the diablo charge can one shot too. There's plenty.

• Options
    skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Yeah when I tried to fight Tempered Kirn I was literally getting one shot with 6 thunder resist and 165 health. Just full to zero.

.... and I only have 1 thunder resist gem. Bah.

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160