As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Space Hulk Deathwing] They are space termites and you've made a terrible mistake.

123457»

• Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    I played some beta and it was pretty damn fun, just had some bugs and polish needed, so my hopes are pretty high for this. Not sure when I'll get some time to play though.

• Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    just ran through the first level, pretty good imo.
    make sure you take note of the relic count on the briefing screen (teeny tiny little writing in the bottom corner)

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    The tutorial ran poorly for me.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Mr RayMr Ray Sarcasm sphereRegistered User regular
    So what's the verdict, have we made a terrible mistake?

• Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    Seems like the most common complaints are poor performance, dumb AI teammates, and unimpressive melee attacks/weapons.

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    My audio doesn't work in game. It pops back when I open a menu but pops out when I close it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    Just played an hour an a bit, played multiplayer first, got in and stayed in through the first mission no problems. Did have a disconnect later in chapter 2, that and we started at level one again but we kept the weapons we had equiped from the previous mission... (had to unlock ablilites again) then did chapter one single player, LIking that, made sure to hunt down the relics.

Plays fine, nothing I can complain about so far. Everything is cranked. Yea melee is a bit lackluster still but it was in beta.

I have a GTX 980Ti with a i7 X980 3.33ghz with 12GB of ram running off a SSD drive

wont be refunding as I am having some fun

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    Everyone be sure to post your impressions, especially co-op! Would be good to get PA co-op going if it's good.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Hearing all these reports about jank and bugginess. I got a really good deal on pre-ordering it, and I'm not dying to play it right away, so I can survive waiting a couple months for patching.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    DysprosiusDysprosius Eclectic Registered User regular
    It's a little buggy, but don't expect the game to run well on a potato. It will crash a few times when you're playing online, but the single player is pretty well done. The art team did a helluva job on this one.

"History is Written by the Victors"
  • Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    Neat little touch - the belt feed on your storm bolter actually runs out, it's not just an endless looping animation.

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Hosting PA Wangwing password is the usual one

maybe tomorrow then nobody around

darkmayo on
    Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    Oh this has dedicated servers? I can set one up too if need be (got some pretty bitching bandwidth at home and an old Dell 1U server I use for messing around).

As far as impressions go, I am beginning to loathe steam reviews. I'd like something more than "I need to give this game a review but I have old hardware so it runs like crap so here's a negative one"

• Options
    Oh this has dedicated servers? I can set one up too if need be (got some pretty bitching bandwidth at home and an old Dell 1U server I use for messing around).

As far as impressions go, I am beginning to loathe steam reviews. I'd like something more than "I need to give this game a review but I have old hardware so it runs like crap so here's a negative one"

You can host a match but you have to be in game. :(

I like it so far, have I had some FPS hiccups?.. maybe, its not like I turn on a FPS monitor and watch it like a hawk, clucking my teeth every time it drops. But yea could be better optimized, hearing some specs that other folks having and they are playing it on low settings.. kinda boggles my mind.

Swarm AI could be better, last part of the first chapter that swarm that comes at you just flows up the ladder single file so there is no risk to just plunk your guys down and lay waste to anything that comes up.

The customization options in single player are neat but would be nice to have more options in multiplayer (flamer for example but from what the devs were saying it just wasn't working out well in multiplayer.. same with turret hacking)

Melee needs to feel more solid but it works in a pinch.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Enemy spawns are all in the same place every time? No AI director?

90% of Steam/GOG reviews are useless. The positive ones give it a perfect score just for existing, and the negative ones give it a 1/10 for not having Linux support.

This bit did make me laugh though
    - bugs bugs BUGS BUGS BUUUUUGS. did you hack a turret mate? well, better give you a different loadout on exit. did you just use a door and get interrupted? the emperor abhors failure bro, get stuck in manipulation mode. did you get a little unlucky joining a bad/corrupt/disconnecting host? welcome to the void, brother, alt+f4 is your shield! aaand so on and so forth...

• Options
    MrBody wrote: »
    Enemy spawns are all in the same place every time? No AI director?

90% of Steam/GOG reviews are useless. The positive ones give it a perfect score just for existing, and the negative ones give it a 1/10 for not having Linux support.

This bit did make me laugh though
    - bugs bugs BUGS BUGS BUUUUUGS. did you hack a turret mate? well, better give you a different loadout on exit. did you just use a door and get interrupted? the emperor abhors failure bro, get stuck in manipulation mode. did you get a little unlucky joining a bad/corrupt/disconnecting host? welcome to the void, brother, alt+f4 is your shield! aaand so on and so forth...

It doesnt seem like the same as L4D , each map has tons of potential points where the enemy can come from, but there is certain areas and events where you know shit is going to happen. Not sure about the higher difficulty levels. There is random stuff here and there, I've hung out in a corridor for a bit and you will get guys that will keep coming periodically.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    Few more hiccups on multiplayer did do 2 missions with a group with no issues.. they really need to tweak the progression in Multiplayer.. playing an Assault , level 2 is the plasma gun, level 3 is the vengeance chain gun (which shoots slower has a smaller ammo count and does more damage) and then you get Machine Spirit at level 4, which from what I can tell was an ablility that helps with hacking.. which isnt in multiplayer. Then I hit level 5 and got something else that isnt on the damn chart.. what did it do? who knows.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    So is multiplayer a separate progression system? How does it function exactly?

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    darkmayo wrote: »
    Few more hiccups on multiplayer did do 2 missions with a group with no issues.. they really need to tweak the progression in Multiplayer.. playing an Assault , level 2 is the plasma gun, level 3 is the vengeance chain gun (which shoots slower has a smaller ammo count and does more damage) and then you get Machine Spirit at level 4, which from what I can tell was an ablility that helps with hacking.. which isnt in multiplayer. Then I hit level 5 and got something else that isnt on the damn chart.. what did it do? who knows.

Have you tried playing Codex mode? It unlocks everything from the start, but you can't change your loadout once selected, and have limited respawns.

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    Frei wrote: »
    So is multiplayer a separate progression system? How does it function exactly?

Its a sort of progression, like a moba but not. You kill shit or do stuff and gain xp which levels your guy which in turn unlocks either ablities or weapons depending on what class you are playing as. Progression resets as you move to the next chapter but if you have a different weapon equiped you will keep that on the next chapter, though I think if you switch back to the base weapon you cant re-equip that weapon until you level up and unlock it again (I think)

You only see 4 levels of unlock in the item selection bar, when I hit level 5 it showed I unlocked something but I couldnt see what it was. Havent done Codex mode yet so will have to see if it shows up there but its unlikely.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    so yeah i just got it anyway despite not many people talking about it. i see quite a few on my friend list on steam got it as well, we should hook up and do some co-op if we have some luck.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    While I am enjoying searching the hulks for the relics, the game needs much love. Accidentally hitting 4 and launching a PSI-gate sucks, cause you cant stop it. There really isnt much point in Hacking Turrets unless they are turned on and you want to turn them off. You cant turn them on and have them target genestealers only, which is dumb.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    While I am enjoying searching the hulks for the relics, the game needs much love. Accidentally hitting 4 and launching a PSI-gate sucks, cause you cant stop it. There really isnt much point in Hacking Turrets unless they are turned on and you want to turn them off. You cant turn them on and have them target genestealers only, which is dumb.

This is normally why I wait 6 months before grabbing something like this. But right now I have roommates that would play this and I may not have them living here in 6 months or so. Is Co-op at least stable now?

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Trajan45 wrote: »

This is normally why I wait 6 months before grabbing something like this. But right now I have roommates that would play this and I may not have them living here in 6 months or so. Is Co-op at least stable now?

should be if you are playing with your roomates.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular

Nice so it has local co-op?

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options

Nice so it has local co-op?

Yes if I recall

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    anyone been playing lately?

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Nope, but I did bring up this gem from the original Space Hulk game!

Skip to 0:34 for the very best lip syncing technology 1992 had to offer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGcy4nqUgtw

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2018
    BATTLE BROTHERS! I summon this thread from the warp for the announcement that an Enhanced Edition of this game is coming out on May 22 and a trailer has dropped for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RClyOl-0EU https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ozx82mwYx3Q

The Enhanced Edition is a free update to the original Deathwing that aims to (and apparently successfully) fix the optimization issues, adds between mission progression, more tools to purge xenos with, and cleans up the balance of the game. I passed on this originally because of all the reports of poor performance but if the Enhanced Edition is all I'm hearing it is then I'll be picking this up this time around.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    Hmm, I'll check it out. I liked the bare bones they had but he game needed far more meat to it

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    I wanted to like the game because it could've been a Vermintide IN SPAAAAACE, but it fell waaaaay short of that quality.

I appreciate they're trying to improve it, but I don't see how they could improve it enough to compete with Vermintide 2 short of making a whole new game.

EDIT: Also, is it really grimdark enough to satisfy people? After all, Vermintide 2 is fighting an impossible battle where the end of the world is inevitable in a setting that is already Warhammer, for a game franchise Games Workshop actually fucked over and murdered for some bizarre reason. That's like triple grimdark, compared to the single grimdark of 40k.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    I'm.....hopeful.

Even with my Titan xP the un-enhanced edition went down to sub 20s fps.

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    So hey remember this game? The enhanced edition is out and free if you already owned the base game.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Gonna try this tonight.

H9f4bVe.png