As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

the [podcast] thread

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    I do now.

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Oh god this fucking guess the person thing on the Beastcast

Someone bring Drew on

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Did you all know Hot Saucerman is a man of taste and culture

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »

Someone bring Drew on

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    I think I still don't fully understand the Box A/Box B thing on Beastcast

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Totally Reprise talked about the Catwoman movie for three hours for some fucking reason, which also means I watched Catwoman for some fucking reason! It's a very good podcast episode about a very bad movie.
    oh god they put in this fucking song from the movie
    "I really just felt like I needed to step in there, because, you're already losing the plot, and it had only been 10 seconds into the recording!"
    "We have committed, let's see" "A crime? A sin?"
    "We have committed a sin against those who listen to this podcast, because I know some of them watch everything that we talk about before they listen" "Oh, boy, if that's true, then I'm sorry" you should be
    "She's a jewel thief, once!"
    "We should explain why we did this." Absolutely, because I am still extremely confused.
    "How many Talkin' U2 To Me bits do you want to do?" "Probably none." This episode's three hours long, you're going to slip eventually.
    it was me, I was the one who made fun of them for doing that last episode
    "There's a reason why they hired Halle Berry for this role, and she delivers in that front." "Well, sure." "And I do mean front."
    "We open on a Warner Bros. logo. They did this. Blame them."
    "This is not a Batman movie, this is barely a DC... This isn't a DC movie, in fact. This is not... this is nothing."
    "And her friend is, usi-" "Horny?" "Her friend is very horny." "Her friend is extremely horny, at all times, so just keep that in mind."
    "I do love, they have dressed Halle Berry in a series of clashing bedsheets, cause they want to make her to look as frumpy as possible, and the thing is you really just can't make Halle Berry look frumpy."
    "His wife Yanny Hedare." ooooooooh no
    "I'm just going to call her Sharon Stone from here on in, just so we can avoid all this from now on."
    "You are dating this podcast." to like a fucking four-day window
    "She hates everything aboout her life, and everyone in her life." "Yes, she hates everything and everyone." "I feel like Sharon Stone knows what movie she's in and is living her truth."
    "And she wants to fuck Catwoman so bad."
    "Catwoman is a very relatable film."
    "She is horrified by the gigantic face of this new model staring down at her, as if she were the eyes of Dr. T.J. Eckleberg." I'm always here for a T.J. Eckleberg reference.
    "Now it's time to introduce our token gay friend, who has like three lines."
    "It is not George Hedare at this meeting, it is Yanny Hedare herself." "You need to shut the fuck up forever. You need to just, lose your words."
    "Guys, I don't think this movie's good." "No, it's bad, you're right." "I don't know, it might be great." "It's also the best movie I've seen in my life."
    "They definitely knew that a woman acting like a cat was a sexy thing, but they definitely shot and had Halle Berry act in the least sexy manner of every like, single version of a cat."
    "I HAVE A QUESTION! I have a question."
    "She's cleaned up now. Did she clean herself with her tongue?" Yes, absolutely, that is definitely what happened.
    "I fucking forgot how this scene ends, and I just saw it, and I lost it again." Her getting that catnip is my favorite part of the movie.
    "She is acting like she is having sex with this fuckin catnip."
    "Is she going back because she knows that lady has answers or going back because she knows that lady has catnip?" "Catnip."
    "I once chanted 'fuck the lights,' like, that's not a thing!"
    "And now we get to the worst scene in movie history."
    "They should release just this as a criterion DVD and then the rest of Catwoman as another criterion DVD."
    "This was sex ed for these kids."
    "By the way, we are 38 minutes into this movie without a superhero."
    "Could you take the temperature, of this pussy thank you."
    "She gave herself the same haircut as Judge Judy."
    "I love that we are an hour and a half into this podcast, less than halfway through the movie, and we thought, yeah this is a good time to get into a Yugioh diatribe."
    "I love the idea that she will not sleep on a bed anymore, because that is its express purpose, and a cat has never intentionally slept on a cat bed once."
    I like the idea of this au fanfic where Batman has the same origin story as Catwoman in this movie a lot.
    "It's explained that Midnight was testing Patience, and that-" "Like this movie's testing my patience!"
    Ashley tried to do a Christopher Walken as Shrek impression and it didn't really work out.
    "That's the thing that like, really bugs me about this movie. Weird, I know. But, there's flaws to it, if you look carefully. There's little problems, these are my cinema sins."
    "Tom Lone said that he doesn't have a partner, he works tomlone"
    "Also, do you think he would just like, recognize her voice, cause they've been on three or four dates now." "No, don't be ridiculous, don't be stupid, Molly." "Yeah, I'm sorry."
    "I absolutely cannot fucking believe that you have kept this bit up for the entire episode, cannot fucking believe it." "I don't know what bit you're talking about, Molly." "No one will find your body, Luke. No one will find your body." He has kept up way more difficult bits than this before, I don't know why you're surprised!
    "Snake's a good-ass game."
    "So you're saying she's smarter than she appears." "Well yeah, she's the criminal mastermind behind this entire conspiracy!" "I don't think that means she has to be that smart." That's an extremely good point.
    "Come on, Yanny." "I'm gonna shove your face into the sun and watch you burn out."
    "I'm going to see the light go from this universe and your eyes at the exact same moment."
    "They will find a piece of your body in every single country on this planet."
    "I know, I know you've never seen a movie. I feel bad making this one of the foundational movies you've seen in your life."
    "I fuckin despise you." "Would you say you totally despise me?" then the music kicks in, this is brilliant

This is one of my favorite episodes of anything we've ever recorded

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    replacewythyreplacewythy Registered User regular
    Totally Reprise talked about the Catwoman movie for three hours for some fucking reason, which also means I watched Catwoman for some fucking reason! It's a very good podcast episode about a very bad movie.
    oh god they put in this fucking song from the movie
    "I really just felt like I needed to step in there, because, you're already losing the plot, and it had only been 10 seconds into the recording!"
    "We have committed, let's see" "A crime? A sin?"
    "We have committed a sin against those who listen to this podcast, because I know some of them watch everything that we talk about before they listen" "Oh, boy, if that's true, then I'm sorry" you should be
    "She's a jewel thief, once!"
    "We should explain why we did this." Absolutely, because I am still extremely confused.
    "How many Talkin' U2 To Me bits do you want to do?" "Probably none." This episode's three hours long, you're going to slip eventually.
    it was me, I was the one who made fun of them for doing that last episode
    "There's a reason why they hired Halle Berry for this role, and she delivers in that front." "Well, sure." "And I do mean front."
    "We open on a Warner Bros. logo. They did this. Blame them."
    "This is not a Batman movie, this is barely a DC... This isn't a DC movie, in fact. This is not... this is nothing."
    "And her friend is, usi-" "Horny?" "Her friend is very horny." "Her friend is extremely horny, at all times, so just keep that in mind."
    "I do love, they have dressed Halle Berry in a series of clashing bedsheets, cause they want to make her to look as frumpy as possible, and the thing is you really just can't make Halle Berry look frumpy."
    "His wife Yanny Hedare." ooooooooh no
    "I'm just going to call her Sharon Stone from here on in, just so we can avoid all this from now on."
    "You are dating this podcast." to like a fucking four-day window
    "She hates everything aboout her life, and everyone in her life." "Yes, she hates everything and everyone." "I feel like Sharon Stone knows what movie she's in and is living her truth."
    "And she wants to fuck Catwoman so bad."
    "Catwoman is a very relatable film."
    "She is horrified by the gigantic face of this new model staring down at her, as if she were the eyes of Dr. T.J. Eckleberg." I'm always here for a T.J. Eckleberg reference.
    "Now it's time to introduce our token gay friend, who has like three lines."
    "It is not George Hedare at this meeting, it is Yanny Hedare herself." "You need to shut the fuck up forever. You need to just, lose your words."
    "Guys, I don't think this movie's good." "No, it's bad, you're right." "I don't know, it might be great." "It's also the best movie I've seen in my life."
    "They definitely knew that a woman acting like a cat was a sexy thing, but they definitely shot and had Halle Berry act in the least sexy manner of every like, single version of a cat."
    "I HAVE A QUESTION! I have a question."
    "She's cleaned up now. Did she clean herself with her tongue?" Yes, absolutely, that is definitely what happened.
    "I fucking forgot how this scene ends, and I just saw it, and I lost it again." Her getting that catnip is my favorite part of the movie.
    "She is acting like she is having sex with this fuckin catnip."
    "Is she going back because she knows that lady has answers or going back because she knows that lady has catnip?" "Catnip."
    "I once chanted 'fuck the lights,' like, that's not a thing!"
    "And now we get to the worst scene in movie history."
    "They should release just this as a criterion DVD and then the rest of Catwoman as another criterion DVD."
    "This was sex ed for these kids."
    "By the way, we are 38 minutes into this movie without a superhero."
    "Could you take the temperature, of this pussy thank you."
    "She gave herself the same haircut as Judge Judy."
    "I love that we are an hour and a half into this podcast, less than halfway through the movie, and we thought, yeah this is a good time to get into a Yugioh diatribe."
    "I love the idea that she will not sleep on a bed anymore, because that is its express purpose, and a cat has never intentionally slept on a cat bed once."
    I like the idea of this au fanfic where Batman has the same origin story as Catwoman in this movie a lot.
    "It's explained that Midnight was testing Patience, and that-" "Like this movie's testing my patience!"
    Ashley tried to do a Christopher Walken as Shrek impression and it didn't really work out.
    "That's the thing that like, really bugs me about this movie. Weird, I know. But, there's flaws to it, if you look carefully. There's little problems, these are my cinema sins."
    "Tom Lone said that he doesn't have a partner, he works tomlone"
    "Also, do you think he would just like, recognize her voice, cause they've been on three or four dates now." "No, don't be ridiculous, don't be stupid, Molly." "Yeah, I'm sorry."
    "I absolutely cannot fucking believe that you have kept this bit up for the entire episode, cannot fucking believe it." "I don't know what bit you're talking about, Molly." "No one will find your body, Luke. No one will find your body." He has kept up way more difficult bits than this before, I don't know why you're surprised!
    "Snake's a good-ass game."
    "So you're saying she's smarter than she appears." "Well yeah, she's the criminal mastermind behind this entire conspiracy!" "I don't think that means she has to be that smart." That's an extremely good point.
    "Come on, Yanny." "I'm gonna shove your face into the sun and watch you burn out."
    "I'm going to see the light go from this universe and your eyes at the exact same moment."
    "They will find a piece of your body in every single country on this planet."
    "I know, I know you've never seen a movie. I feel bad making this one of the foundational movies you've seen in your life."
    "I fuckin despise you." "Would you say you totally despise me?" then the music kicks in, this is brilliant

This is one of my favorite episodes of anything we've ever recorded

It's an incredible episode, and honestly it's amazing that you managed to keep it to only three hours.

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    THESPOOKY wrote: »
    I think I still don't fully understand the Box A/Box B thing on Beastcast
    It's because it made no sense as presented. Also it was dumb.

As told by Bakalar it seemed like you know going into a room that there are two boxes, A and B, and you can either take just box A or both boxes. There is supposedly $5000 in each box. Upon entering the room an "AI" scans your brain, and if you planned to JUST take box A going in to the room then the AI would have actually put $20000 into box A. DO YOU TAKE BOX A OR BOTH BOXES !?!?

Which is stupid. If you're told about that detail after the fact then of course you should take both, because you didn't know about that catch before hand then there would be no reason to just take A. And this is where the beastcast conversation ran around in circles because some of them interpreted it as knowing the hook before entering the room and some of them interpreted is as learning it after.

If you know the hook before hand then maybe this problem can be forced as some sort of risk aversion assessment exercise? Or like do you think you can bluff your thoughts past some sort of made up AI question? Seems like too weak a premise to bother with

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    I take the mind-reading AI and sell it to the highest bidder

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    "Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Bluff City semi-spoilers
    So based on the intro voice, the next game is definitely gonna be a game of Masks, right?

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular

Did this episode go out? What was it?

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    XI09MMt.png

Jan is evil sorry everyone

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Todays UPF

Brad: Fuck Crash Royale
    Jeff: How long you been clean?
    Brad: ...about 3 hours

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    Jeff just picks Chie, obviously.

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    agoaj wrote: »

It went out.

It was "was the royal wedding catered by KFC?"
    The prince married a black lady

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    NeoToma wrote: »
    agoaj wrote: »

It went out.

It was "was the royal wedding catered by KFC?"
    The prince married a black lady

I can see how the innocent boys would read that without picking up on the underlying racism. They love talking about fast-food.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    They are also very white, which is the reason I didn't pick up on the intent of it either.

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    There was also a KFC promotion bucket themed around the wedding, so it's even possible the question was in good faith (if still stupid)

But that's a coin flip at best

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    I also wasn't aware of who exactly the prince married, or which prince did the marrying

I am very removed from royal gossip

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    They mentioned Sound Voltex on UPF, which I had never heard of before

So I googled it, and uh....

https://youtu.be/ntmLp5c1-Eo

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    That's some music to fuck to right there.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »
    I also wasn't aware of who exactly the prince married, or which prince did the marrying

As an American I consider it my duty to have no regard for what monarchs get up to these days.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Star Trek: Bridge Crew Update

So the Enterprise-D Bridge doesn't have IBM Watson support yet. Tried a mission on the TOS Enterprise and wow is the voice stuff cool. It makes the annoyances with the move controllers minimum. I can't wait till they turn it on for the TNG stuff.

Went back to the TNG and did a mission with my hands, like a baby. We were on patrol in a sector of space due to increased Romulan presence. Get a distress call from another Starfleet vessel. Warp to that system and find an Excelsior class under attack by several Romulan patrol craft. We help "dissuade them"

After that we get word of a force buildup and receive word that another Starfleet ship has been attacked. We both impulse over to that planet in the system and find a Miranda class under attack by even more patrol craft. The three of us fight them off and my Tactical officer tracked them back to their rally point. We all head over there and there is a big Romulan ship that starts to do some big damage to me. I actually switch to ops and redistribute crew to man the shield generators and priorities repairs. The other two Starfleet ships finally arrive and with their help we finish off the rest of the Romulans.

Mission Complete.

This actually makes me want to get a better VR system for my computer just to play this at a higher resolution and performance.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular

So the Enterprise-D Bridge doesn't have IBM Watson support yet. Tried a mission on the TOS Enterprise and wow is the voice stuff cool. It makes the annoyances with the move controllers minimum. I can't wait till they turn it on for the TNG stuff.

Went back to the TNG and did a mission with my hands, like a baby. We were on patrol in a sector of space due to increased Romulan presence. Get a distress call from another Starfleet vessel. Warp to that system and find an Excelsior class under attack by several Romulan patrol craft. We help "dissuade them"

After that we get word of a force buildup and receive word that another Starfleet ship has been attacked. We both impulse over to that planet in the system and find a Miranda class under attack by even more patrol craft. The three of us fight them off and my Tactical officer tracked them back to their rally point. We all head over there and there is a big Romulan ship that starts to do some big damage to me. I actually switch to ops and redistribute crew to man the shield generators and priorities repairs. The other two Starfleet ships finally arrive and with their help we finish off the rest of the Romulans.

Mission Complete.

This actually makes me want to get a better VR system for my computer just to play this at a higher resolution and performance.

I....may need to get this specifically to introduce my Dad to VR with

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Cello wrote: »

Mission Complete.

I....may need to get this specifically to introduce my Dad to VR with

I showed my dad. He liked the TOS bridge better. It is much cozier and also the fuckton of unlabeled buttons is fun once you start remembering what they do. Feels like you are doing more.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    It's a shame Adam Scott got Big Little Lies, an acclaimed and popular show, so R U Talkin REM Re: Me isn't full of small slams on Ghosted

I miss the days where his main credit on these podcasts was Hot Tub Time Machine 2

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    It's a shame Adam Scott got Big Little Lies, an acclaimed and popular show, so R U Talkin REM Re: Me isn't full of small slams on Ghosted

I miss the days where his main credit on these podcasts was Hot Tub Time Machine... 2?

• Options
    President EvilPresident Evil Let's Rock Registered User regular
    You guys talking about that guy from Torque?

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Diarmuid wrote: »

this game's really cool, there's an unofficial PC version called K-Shoot Mania, there's some insane controllers you can buy to play it based on the arcade controls

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2018
    KetBra wrote: »

Someone bring Drew on

See there was a huge swing in podcasts this week.

I LOVED hearing Patrick on the Bombcast and only furthered my sadness him and Austin are gone.

But man holy fuck that 20 questions segment on the Beastcast was the exact reason I almost never listen to it.

They need to have someone who isnt part of their crew tell them to cut it out when a bit goes too long.

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    dis
    a
    gree

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »
    yay rewatchables is back

yay it's The Social Network

I apparently subscribed to a podcast that goes into zelda lore? I haven't actually listened to it yet but that must be what it is. I should probably look up the name if I want to ask you all about it...

:o

I can't understand this emoji

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    VeagleVeagle Registered User regular

I wasn't aware of who the prince was marrying, until I found out she was friends with Janina Gavankar, so hopefully the whole royal family gets dragged onto the Giant Bomb E3 aftershow.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »

As an American I consider it my duty to have no regard for what monarchs get up to these days.

in fairness, you don't exactly have to give 1% of a shit to have seen the fact that there's a royal wedding happening and who is involved

I'm honestly amazed anyone on the internet could have missed it, but I guess if you don't engage in any general news sites whatsoever, or any late night comedy, or any current event based entertainment you can miss it.

which is to say, I knew who was getting married and the day it was happening and it wouldn't be possible for me to have done less to try and know that.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Veagle wrote: »

I wasn't aware of who the prince was marrying, until I found out she was friends with Janina Gavankar, so hopefully the whole royal family gets dragged onto the Giant Bomb E3 aftershow.

this all ends with Dan Ryckert hanging out with Queen Elizabeth somehow

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Variable wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »

in fairness, you don't exactly have to give 1% of a shit to have seen the fact that there's a royal wedding happening and who is involved

I'm honestly amazed anyone on the internet could have missed it, but I guess if you don't engage in any general news sites whatsoever, or any late night comedy, or any current event based entertainment you can miss it.

which is to say, I knew who was getting married and the day it was happening and it wouldn't be possible for me to have done less to try and know that.

I knew there was a wedding happening, but didn't care about it at all. It seemed pretty easy to miss the details to me, but I also don't really read news sites or most things you mentioned either. Also I think I was moving during that time? Anyway, to your point, it's unlikely to miss the details, but not impossible to believe.

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Diarmuid wrote: »

this game's really cool, there's an unofficial PC version called K-Shoot Mania, there's some insane controllers you can buy to play it based on the arcade controls

Japan/Konami got really crazy with their rhythm games after they failed to nab the Guitar Hero/Rock Band audience with Rock Revolution. Just an incredibly hard turn the other direction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4I6hmMF7dEk

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    I just want to say this tweet is very good

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    is there a joke or is it just a list of the star wars films

BahamutZERO.gif
This discussion has been closed.