[Nintendo] Switch - Everyone is Here!

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/super-smash-bros-switch
    Smash eShop Page is up

Future home of the demo you can play right now
    Please

There is one but it's only on 3DS and Wii U and you have to pay to get it.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I hope every Smash reveal trailer is as horrific as the Inklings one

Each trailer, the Smash Sun just grows ever large, consuming the Smashiverse.

The final trailer leads you to believe that Paper Mario will be coming to Smash along with an HD port of TTYD, but it turns out Rogueport is just the kindling that allows the Smash Sun to supernova.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Smash eShop Page is up

Please

There is one but it's only on 3DS and Wii U and you have to pay to get it.

http://nedroid.com/2011/12/ghosts-of-youth/

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I personally want Smash to go back to being about toys fighting each other.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »

it still is?

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular

it still is?

Is it?

I remember the first Smash Bros was very clear within its opening that you were playing make-believe with toys.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Smash games ranked by prominence of “they’re toys”
    1. 64
    2. Brawl
    3. Melee

An argument could be made that brawl should be 1

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular

it still is?

Is it?

I remember the first Smash Bros was very clear within its opening that you were playing make-believe with toys.

That's why they made amiibo of every character

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Amino-only Smash game.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Drez wrote: »
    Amino-only Smash game.

Yeah let's get back to the fundamentals

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular

it still is?

Is it?

Generally the implication these days is more that it's Master Hand and Crazy Hand playing around with a bunch of trophies, I think.

Melee's intro has the bit where Mario's trophy is thrown into an arena and then turns into living Mario, Brawl's Subspace Emissary basically begins with that scene (and sticks to the "fighters are living trophies" thing throughout), and Smash 4... I dunno, I guess they just dropped it alongside all the narrative stuff. Although since there's Amiibo integration I guess it's rather literal this time.

It hasn't been purely make-believe toy battles since 64, I don't think?

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Amino-only Smash game.

Osmosis Jones for Smash confirmed

• Options
    Neveron wrote: »

it still is?

Is it?

Generally the implication these days is more that it's Master Hand and Crazy Hand playing around with a bunch of trophies, I think.

Melee's intro has the bit where Mario's trophy is thrown into an arena and then turns into living Mario, Brawl's Subspace Emissary basically begins with that scene (and sticks to the "fighters are living trophies" thing throughout), and Smash 4...

4 has the trophies out on the table/stage select in the single player

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited June 2018

Ok, sure.
    60 FPS and cross-play with other platforms is rad though.

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Paladins is fun.

Shame it's monetization structure sucks so bad. But you get enough heroes free and earn coins fast enough that you don't really have to interact with it.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Smash eShop Page is up

Please

From the page:
    No. of Players: To be determined

Smash Royale. 100 Fox's drop onto a Final Destination...

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Amino-only Smash game.

Osmosis Jones for Smash confirmed

"You're dealing with a white blood cell now!"

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Neveron wrote: »

it still is?

Is it?

Melee's intro has the bit where Mario's trophy is thrown into an arena and then turns into living Mario, Brawl's Subspace Emissary basically begins with that scene (and sticks to the "fighters are living trophies" thing throughout), and Smash 4... I dunno, I guess they just dropped it alongside all the narrative stuff. Although since there's Amiibo integration I guess it's rather literal this time.

It hasn't been purely make-believe toy battles since 64, I don't think?

Also the trophies thing is lost in translation, I think

Given that you can get some of them in a bubblegum machine-type thing, I'm pretty sure they're meant to be collectible gashapon toys

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited June 2018
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMQWcl_99fs

Nintendo has an official first-party Wii emulator...for the Nvidia Shield handheld/console, and even then only the Chinese version.
    I mean, it definitely looks good, hopefully the Switch gets this because it's the same CPU.

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    It seems like bringing that to Switch would be a no-brainer but Nintendo has been known to sit on ship-ready software that people want for absolutely no reason in the past so I hate to assume

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Playing more Blossom Tales, I need one of those Hori D-Pad joy cons. My thumb hurts so much from the stupid d-buttons

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Playing more Blossom Tales, I need one of those Hori D-Pad joy cons. My thumb hurts so much from the stupid d-buttons

I understand why those were necessary, but it doesn't make me hate them any less

• Options
    Shorty wrote: »

I understand why those were necessary, but it doesn't make me hate them any less

The Hori joy-con doesn't have motion controls or rumble and only works in handheld mode, but it's $25 and has a real dpad and that is 100% worth it for me. If only they'd release it already (or release it on the US? I know it's only been announced for Japan)

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    hey do you think Star Fox Zero will get a Switch port or will that be the one first-party Wii U game they conveniently forget

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    hey do you think Star Fox Zero will get a Switch port or will that be the one first-party Wii U game they conveniently forget
    Super Mario Maker!

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    I coulda sworn that Mario Maker was already announced but I guess it was just a cheap zinesite rumor... but in the meantime PlataGO will get a console port later this year, Switch included (at least, that's according to the dev's annoucement trailer)

Also, that Terraria port that was supposed to come out last year is still in the works, apparently, so at least it didn't get the Terraria: Otherworld treatment

kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Super Mario Maker!

Tokyo Mirage Sessions!

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    Radius wrote: »
    Super Mario Maker!

Tokyo Mirage Sessions!
    isn't first party tho

• Options
    Oh, right Intelligent Systems technically isn't Nintendo

you win again rules lawyer

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular

it will get left in the dumpster where it belongs

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Super Mario Maker!

Zelda maker or go home

• Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    Radius wrote: »
    Oh, right Intelligent Systems technically isn't Nintendo

you win again rules lawyer

more relevantly, neither is atlus
    sorry

• Options
    Neither is Platinum, when the original game in question is Star Fox Zero!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3R8tkvlAlk

• Options
    Thing is, if they ported Starfox Zero to the Switch they would have to scrap all the cockpit view stuff, which would significantly improve the game.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Daypigeon wrote: »
    i always read the generic human recruits in A1 as ambiguous gender-wise

that probably wasn't intentional on the devs' part tho, in retrospect

I always thought the human art in A1 was definitely supposed to be ambiguous on purpose

Didnt a couple NPCs in different missions use the same generic human class art but with both male and female names/prounouns?

I could be remembering wrong though, its been forever since I played and the FinFan house style was always kind of ambiguous

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure all the human NPCs have masculine names. Same for Banga. But I haven't played it in a long while.

I can't remember with Moogles and Nu Mu randos at all, but all the important characters for those races were male.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Super Mario Maker!

Zelda maker or go home

Good thing I'm already home

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular

We're never going to see Star Fox Zero again

dN0T6ur.png
This discussion has been closed.