zepherin wrote: »
    milski wrote: »
    The real correct date format is YYDD-MMYY

Right now it's 2004-0718
    What the shit is this?

a crime

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    The year of the Trial Size Dove Bar

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    no (bulbasaur)
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    zepherin wrote: »
    milski wrote: »
    The real correct date format is YYDD-MMYY

Right now it's 2004-0718
    What the shit is this?

a crime
    We have a complaintent. Mods lock Milski up.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    yes (charmander)
    Seconds since epoch

I like this

Expressed in scientific notation

I worked out how many seconds old I was but I forgot

it's not really trivial because you have to figure out how many leap days and leap seconds it's been since you were born

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Old people who wear diapers don't like to call them diapers

It's not a diaper, it's just the thing I pee into instead of going to the bathroom

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    There's a bad thunderstorm today, on the fourth of July. That's not fair

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »

It's not a diaper, it's just the thing I pee into instead of going to the bathroom

Oh, no, miss, this is an aesthetic diaper, for fashion

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    yes (charmander)
    actually I think a better option for american eras would be presidencies, since that's an established and relatively speaking unique system of counting, bonus points for not being entirely logical

So the full date would be the fourth of july in the second year of the 45th presidency, or commonly fourth of july the second of the 45th

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Worn outside the clothes

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    no (bulbasaur)
    actually I think a better option for american eras would be presidencies, since that's an established and relatively speaking unique system of counting, bonus points for not being entirely logical

So the full date would be the fourth of july in the second year of the 45th presidency, or commonly fourth of july the second of the 45th

How does this system handle Grover Cleveland?

I guess there isn't any reason it still wouldn't be 22nd and 24th.

Couscous on
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    I mean I'm just straight up not going to do what he says about things in some cases because I went to Hampshire so I have no feeling of deference towards professors and if I disagree with them I say so <<

it's just irritating; I'm not trying to emulate 90s Marvel!

Yeah, if he spent most of his comic-related life in the mainstream Marvel / DC world, I could see him being stuck on certain aesthetics, stylistic choices, and "rules", whether real or invented

Take what you can from him, try to ignore when he gets stuck in his rut, and hopefully the class is largely beneficial to you <3

he did this thing the other week where he talked at length about how editors his age often reject people or make fun of them because they use the phrase "Word/Thought Bubble" instead of "Word/Thought Balloon" which apparently he has no problem with but apparently he hears people have problems so serious with that they mock/reject potential employees apparently lmao??

(balloon is almost exclusively used by old pros/academics and bubble is so common that frankly I've never used anything else and never ever ever hear "balloon" in general discussions with anyone under 50)

idk the superhero end of the industry seems like an insular disaster from all his anecdotes

that is useful to hear about imo

it's the same everywhere and on some level you have to navigate the jargon. You have that stuff for your own life too, things that I can say that are insulting somehow or that mean something completely different.

I mean, I auto-trash resumes with hotmail addresses. Not even going to try and apologize for it.

But...why tho

It's an indication of your technical skill, connectedness with the tech world, etc

Which emails are gud

I assume a private domain or isp provided email would be the best.

2nd.

Preferred
    1: Gmail / live / mac
    2: private vanity domain
    3: oldschool providers with cred (i.e. well.com)

Mitigated by resume
    3: yahoo
    4: provider email (att.com etc)
    5: .edu

Unacceptable
    6: hotmail
    7: aol
    8: your_current_employer.com

• Options
    y2jake215 wrote: »

Oh, no, miss, this is an aesthetic diaper, for fashion

oh rad!

• Options
    yes (charmander)
    Couscous wrote: »

How does this system handle Grover Cleveland?

the same illogical way as the numbering of presidents does, of course

actually that's what makes this the only way it would work, because 3 Cleveland doesn't work, but 3rd 23rd does

(tbf it's only illogical when it is used as the xxth president and not xxth presidency imo)

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    I want to play video games but not the ones I have

Other games

don't ask me which though

• Options
    yes (charmander)

Other games

I know this feeling

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    squirtle
    We should do like religions do and start our year-count based relative to the most important thing to happen in our American civic religion

1776 or 1865 is our new Year 1

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    RchanenRchanen Registered User regular
    no (bulbasaur)

Other games

I know which. It is called Cyberpunk 2077.

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    I mean I'm just straight up not going to do what he says about things in some cases because I went to Hampshire so I have no feeling of deference towards professors and if I disagree with them I say so <<

Yeah, if he spent most of his comic-related life in the mainstream Marvel / DC world, I could see him being stuck on certain aesthetics, stylistic choices, and "rules", whether real or invented

Take what you can from him, try to ignore when he gets stuck in his rut, and hopefully the class is largely beneficial to you <3

he did this thing the other week where he talked at length about how editors his age often reject people or make fun of them because they use the phrase "Word/Thought Bubble" instead of "Word/Thought Balloon" which apparently he has no problem with but apparently he hears people have problems so serious with that they mock/reject potential employees apparently lmao??

(balloon is almost exclusively used by old pros/academics and bubble is so common that frankly I've never used anything else and never ever ever hear "balloon" in general discussions with anyone under 50)

idk the superhero end of the industry seems like an insular disaster from all his anecdotes

it's the same everywhere and on some level you have to navigate the jargon. You have that stuff for your own life too, things that I can say that are insulting somehow or that mean something completely different.

I mean, I auto-trash resumes with hotmail addresses. Not even going to try and apologize for it.

But...why tho

It's an indication of your technical skill, connectedness with the tech world, etc

Which emails are gud

2nd.

Preferred

Mitigated by resume

Unacceptable

Why the last one

sig.gif
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    yes (charmander)
    is vampyr cool

• Options
    yes (charmander)
    my firstname@lastname email dunks on any firstname.lastname@gmail emails

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    yes (charmander)

But...why tho

Which emails are gud

2nd.

Preferred

Mitigated by resume

Unacceptable

Why the last one

why it's not OK to send out resumes from your current work email should be obvious

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    is vampyr cool
    The spelling is very cool

• Options
    yes (charmander)
    I do maintain a hotmail account because I find it very useful to have a mail address I use exclusively for trash mail

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Seconds since epoch

100ns ticks since epoch

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    yes (charmander)
    can you not play as a girl in vampyr

what is even the point of a vampire game if i can't be a big tiddy goth girl

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular

https://youtube.com/watch?v=RGNMeR-BOis

• Options
    RchanenRchanen Registered User regular
    no (bulbasaur)
    The tits are the friends you make along the way.

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Yahoo mail over Hotmail? Really? The company that had what, a billion account details stolen because their security was shit and covered it up over Hotmail? I wouldn't even use Yahoo mail as a one time use throwaway.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Yahoo mail over Hotmail? Really? The company that had what, a billion account details stolen because their security was shit and covered it up over Hotmail? I wouldn't even use Yahoo mail as a one time use throwaway.

especially since hotmail is just a domain alias for live which is one of his preferred options?

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    squirtle
    [chat] I was at a place with a horse earlier who constantly wanted hugs and followed me around.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Elendil wrote: »
    can you not play as a girl in vampyr

what is even the point of a vampire game if i can't be a big tiddy goth girl

you cannot

I have not played the game but almost everyone in the SE steam thread who has have lost their initial irritation with the choice. apparently the vampyr guy is not a white guy by default but a very specific character in a very specific context

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Trace wrote: »
    [chat] I was at a place with a horse earlier who constantly wanted hugs and followed me around.

some kind of horse dog

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Preferred

This is what I do. Private domain on G Suite.

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    squirtle
    japan wrote: »
    Trace wrote: »

some kind of horse dog

It was a surprise at first because it was all suddenly a horse head has appeared over your shoulder and has basically been used to pull you back against the fence for more hugs and rubs.

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

Other games

Do you want a backlog hundreds of games large? Because this is how you get a backlog hundreds of games large.

• Options
    squirtle

Other games

https://store.steampowered.com/app/363680/Battlefleet_Gothic_Armada/

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    How are we today, friends

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    squirtle