Options

[WoW] Conflict starting in August

• Options
    JepheryJephery Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Monk should have a ranged spec. Archery has always been an essential part of Eastern martial tradition.

On another note, Earthwarden tank spec for Shaman is something I've wanted since Vanilla.

Jephery on
    }
    "Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!".
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    I think we can safely conclude that instead of adding any more new classes to the game, they should just add new specs.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »
    I think we can safely conclude that instead of adding any more new classes to the game, they should just add new specs.

They should fix what is out there as some of them are just well not fun to play

I really feel the current talent system is as broken as the old one it solved one problem by creating a whole new one

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    I renewed and preordered, thinking that I’d play a Lightforged In the expansion.

Er, the Lightforged (and other new races) unlock for everyone, without the rep grind, come the actual release of the expansion, right? Blizzard isn’t seriously locking a major selling point for expansion behind a massive rep grind from end game content of the previous expansion, right? Right?

@Shadowhope for what it's worth, and someone who has done it recently may correct me on this, but I believe that most of the allied race rep grinds are not too awful, and the Lightforged & Void Elf ones in particular are actually some pretty cool questlines anyway, which you might enjoy doing regardless. I don't think you could knock it out before the launch, but you could probably do most of the way.

• Options
    JepheryJephery Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    If you only have one 110 character and want it as soon as possible, the Argus reps are about 2-3 weeks of doing every world quest every day and the invasion quests every week, assuming you unlock all the world quests as soon as possible. It varies based on how many rep token WQs and class hall missions you get.

You can do it lazily in about 2 months if you only do the rep token WQs/missions, the weeklies, and the daily chests as they come up.

If you have multiple 110 characters then you can feed the bind on account rep tokens from multiple characters to a single character and really speed it up. I had 7 110s so that one 500 rep WQ became a 3850 rep WQ on a human.

Jephery on
    }
    "Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!".
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    hippofant wrote: »
    nessin wrote: »
    I still haven't decided which class to main in BFA...

Also haven't decided what to boost, either.

I'm saving my boost for replacing my Shaman with either a Dark Iron Dwarf or Kul'Tiran.

However I'm also still trying to figure out what class to main. Want to main a Elemental/Resto Shaman but can't bring myself to do it. Elemental is literally so bad that even my forgiveness of poor DPS can't make up the difference, and Resto is just so unchanged from the Cata/Wrath days and I've played it too much that it's grown very stale. Kind of worked myself down to Priest or Monk. Love Brewmaster and Mistweaver better, but hate Windwalker, whereas I enjoy Shadow and Disc but not as much as I do Brewmaster/Mistweaver, but Windwalker is just such a huge drag on the Monk decision.

What. I love Windwalker! Thinking I'm going WW first for BFA, then will see what Ret looks like at 120.

Mistweaver, at least the fistweaving raid healing version, is sooo hard and I'm not sure the payoff is worth it at all. The tankysitting one is nice, but trying to arrange 2x Renewing Mists, then Essence Font, then Thunder Focus Tea before Rising Sun Kick, plus having 3x Teachings of the Monastery from Tiger Palm so Blackout Kick will refresh Rising Sun Kick but only after RSKing again with the 2 second cooldown from Thunder Focus Tea, and I'm just like... I could just be hitting Prayer of Healing.

Yeah, I think I'm going to be using my mistweaver as primarily a m+ dungeon girl unless raid healing mw gets fixed. I don't think 'tankysitting' is really a viable raid build because there hasn't been a true delineation between raid healing and tank healing in a while now. Unless things have changed, most healing is raid healing, and tank healing is supplementary, backed up with some extra tools.

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    I renewed and preordered, thinking that I’d play a Lightforged In the expansion.

Er, the Lightforged (and other new races) unlock for everyone, without the rep grind, come the actual release of the expansion, right? Blizzard isn’t seriously locking a major selling point for expansion behind a massive rep grind from end game content of the previous expansion, right? Right?

Shadowhope for what it's worth, and someone who has done it recently may correct me on this, but I believe that most of the allied race rep grinds are not too awful, and the Lightforged & Void Elf ones in particular are actually some pretty cool questlines anyway, which you might enjoy doing regardless. I don't think you could knock it out before the launch, but you could probably do most of the way.

I've mostly caught up on the plotlines. I'm just looking at a few weeks of daily quests. I get that as soon as I get past L110, the quests get super quick. It's that I came back to the game and intended to level as one of the new classes, and for some reason that content is locked behind the previous expansion. It's as if you needed Shattered Sun rep to create a Death Knight.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular

Shadowhope for what it's worth, and someone who has done it recently may correct me on this, but I believe that most of the allied race rep grinds are not too awful, and the Lightforged & Void Elf ones in particular are actually some pretty cool questlines anyway, which you might enjoy doing regardless. I don't think you could knock it out before the launch, but you could probably do most of the way.

I've mostly caught up on the plotlines. I'm just looking at a few weeks of daily quests. I get that as soon as I get past L110, the quests get super quick. It's that I came back to the game and intended to level as one of the new classes, and for some reason that content is locked behind the previous expansion. It's as if you needed Shattered Sun rep to create a Death Knight.

The logic was that they are considered Legion content since they came out quite a while ago. Silly logic, of course, since you have to own BFA, but that's what they said.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    EW4cAGbZFqRmPdS3uRcFwypGpVFTsmS_ZuApUkEKerw.jpg?s=827d54e342225baf59113514b920d071

• Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    Just played the alliance side of the scenario.

My respect for Tyrande has plummeted. And Greymane's wife (I'm sorry, I forget her name)and the Priestess's have all that respect.

At the very least I'd expect the High Priestess of Elune to at least aid in the evacuation of her home...but noooooope, she wuvs her poor Malfurion.

Malfurion actually comes across as decent. And the quest to save people in the tree being impossible kinda hammers home the horror of it all.

Also as an aside, if you get the Horde mount, you get the alliance mount too, so no need worrying about missing out on the opposing faction mount, if you play solely one faction. (I don't know if it's a time limited item)

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Seriously, Tyrande is the worst. She was fine back in WC3 when she had just as little personality as everyone else, but everything since has shown her to be racist, cowardly, and just plain a bad ruler for the faction. She isn't even particularly pious or effective at being a priestess.

• Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    I think it's fine if those are defining character traits that lead to conflict with other people, but as far as I'm aware she rarely gets called out on it.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    Thing I just noticed in the BfA trailer; Saurfang has a very clear chance to cleave King Anduin. Instead he just knocks him over and leaves him.

*equips tinfoil hat*

Can't imagine Saurfang is super eager to kill the boy who lost his father and who seems to be one of the only ones who could stop the madness and endless war.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    You can also buy heirloom upgrades from timewalking.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    No wait, I thought the allied races can be accessed right now via rep grind, but at expansion launch, anyone can make them.

I bitched about this a few pages ago... I think it's absolutely moronic if they don't make the new races accessible to everyone with the launch of BfA (especially with the way they are using the new races as a selling point of the new expansion!), but the response I got from here, seemed to suggest I was being unreasonable.

Either way, I'm just playing it safe and grinding these stupid reps out just in case.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    It sucks that it's not, but I can understand why they didn't. If the entire goal of the early release allied races was to spark resubs, having the decision be 'well you can get these early if you grind the reps, or you can just wait and get them for free' wouldn't have served their goals.

• Options
    Javen wrote: »
    It sucks that it's not, but I can understand why they didn't. If the entire goal of the early release allied races was to spark resubs, having the decision be 'well you can get these early if you grind the reps, or you can just wait and get them for free' wouldn't have served their goals.

Yeah, but I honestly can't see a future where the first update after BfA goes live doesn't either change the unlock conditions or quadruple the amount of rep you get for the quests and dailies leading up to them.

• Options
    htmhtm Registered User regular
    Oh I've absolutely found my share of things that are very broken. In the Barrens, the cliffs west of Ratchet, there are mountain lions that have cubs with them that are clearly supposed to be on the same level of "hunter" type enemies that have a wolf with them. Except right now, the cubs have WAY more health than anything else in the region despite their level not scaling up.

That's what you get for punching kittens.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    htm wrote: »
    Oh I've absolutely found my share of things that are very broken. In the Barrens, the cliffs west of Ratchet, there are mountain lions that have cubs with them that are clearly supposed to be on the same level of "hunter" type enemies that have a wolf with them. Except right now, the cubs have WAY more health than anything else in the region despite their level not scaling up.

That's what you get for punching kittens.
    Yeah well maybe they asked for it.

• Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    LD50 wrote: »

I'm saving my boost for replacing my Shaman with either a Dark Iron Dwarf or Kul'Tiran.

However I'm also still trying to figure out what class to main. Want to main a Elemental/Resto Shaman but can't bring myself to do it. Elemental is literally so bad that even my forgiveness of poor DPS can't make up the difference, and Resto is just so unchanged from the Cata/Wrath days and I've played it too much that it's grown very stale. Kind of worked myself down to Priest or Monk. Love Brewmaster and Mistweaver better, but hate Windwalker, whereas I enjoy Shadow and Disc but not as much as I do Brewmaster/Mistweaver, but Windwalker is just such a huge drag on the Monk decision.

What. I love Windwalker! Thinking I'm going WW first for BFA, then will see what Ret looks like at 120.

Mistweaver, at least the fistweaving raid healing version, is sooo hard and I'm not sure the payoff is worth it at all. The tankysitting one is nice, but trying to arrange 2x Renewing Mists, then Essence Font, then Thunder Focus Tea before Rising Sun Kick, plus having 3x Teachings of the Monastery from Tiger Palm so Blackout Kick will refresh Rising Sun Kick but only after RSKing again with the 2 second cooldown from Thunder Focus Tea, and I'm just like... I could just be hitting Prayer of Healing.

Yeah, I think I'm going to be using my mistweaver as primarily a m+ dungeon girl unless raid healing mw gets fixed. I don't think 'tankysitting' is really a viable raid build because there hasn't been a true delineation between raid healing and tank healing in a while now. Unless things have changed, most healing is raid healing, and tank healing is supplementary, backed up with some extra tools.

Tanks take a lot more damage now. At least in Antorus. I think some stealth hotfixes went out to nerf Antorus boss magic damage. Not sure what will happen in BFA, but it seems like Blizzard wants tanks to take more damage based on the nerfs the tank specs all took.

hippofant on
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    LD50 wrote: »

Tanks take a lot more damage now. At least in Antorus. I think some stealth hotfixes went out to nerf Antorus boss magic damage. Not sure what will happen in BFA, but it seems like Blizzard wants tanks to take more damage based on the nerfs the tank specs all took.

They always say that but it never feels like it ends up being the reality once raids open up. We'll have to wait and see once we have actual BFA raid gear and raid bosses to throw our poor sacrificial lambs against.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Jephery wrote: »
    If you only have one 110 character and want it as soon as possible, the Argus reps are about 2-3 weeks of doing every world quest every day and the invasion quests every week, assuming you unlock all the world quests as soon as possible. It varies based on how many rep token WQs and class hall missions you get.

You can do it lazily in about 2 months if you only do the rep token WQs/missions, the weeklies, and the daily chests as they come up.

If you have multiple 110 characters then you can feed the bind on account rep tokens from multiple characters to a single character and really speed it up. I had 7 110s so that one 500 rep WQ became a 4950 rep WQ on a human.

the BOA tokens don't help because they only become BOA after you're exalted on that character, and if you're exalted on any character you already have the allied race quest unlocked.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular

If you have multiple 110 characters then you can feed the bind on account rep tokens from multiple characters to a single character and really speed it up. I had 7 110s so that one 500 rep WQ became a 4950 rep WQ on a human.

the BOA tokens don't help because they only become BOA after you're exalted on that character, and if you're exalted on any character you already have the allied race quest unlocked.

That's not true, I fed tokens from my alts to get my first character exalted with both Argus reps.

• Options
    Kamar wrote: »

That's not true, I fed tokens from my alts to get my first character exalted with both Argus reps.

I'm looking at an argussian reach token mission on one of my alts right now who doesn't have exalted argussian reach, and the token is bind on pickup

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Why did they abandon the rep system of MoP? Being able to buy those account things that put the little golden wing-ding on the side of your reps, which allows alts to build that rep faster was one of the best things they did.

If anything, they needed to make it work better and faster for alts, because I hate rep grinding and the fast it goes the better. And once you've done it once on your main, it should be exponentially faster on alts in my opinion.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited August 2018

I'm looking at an argussian reach token mission on one of my alts right now who doesn't have exalted argussian reach, and the token is bind on pickup

Tokens that drop from invasion portals are always BoA.

reVerse on
  • Options
    huh I don't think I ever noticed that the invasion portals even dropped rep tokens, I must have just assumed they were from missions and not looked closely at them

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »

Tokens that drop from invasion portals are always BoA.

Invasion portals can drop rep tokens? Guess I need to do more of those, I thought they were only for the weekly quest.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    Also Kirin Tor Emmisary. You can choose Argus reps there.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    i been leveling in war mode. Its lonely out there. but the 10% extra xp keeps me warm

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Yay I have heirlooms for the first time ever. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction folks.

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Do we have horde/alliance communities? Im on random servers on my own, but i'd love to join chat communities with folks. or a discord I suppose.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    Yeah, there are soulbound and boa versions of the tokens. Bonus ones from getting 200% on quests and the like, plus the ones you get for worldquests and invasions, all tend to be BOA, while the general quest ones and some worldquest ones are soulbound.

• Options
    My characters on Dark Iron finally serve a purpose for the first time in years. I'm consolidating all my gold onto my old main on there, and then Heirlooms will be purchased. RIP that fecking server.

• Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    Wow, I finally finished all of Brans Legion archeology quests. The payout was rather lacklustre.
    The relic he’s trying to build is still missing a piece, and he kinda gives up. But hey, he gives you ten of each keystone..... which I don’t really have a use for, since I did all the archly quests already.

• Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    CorriganX wrote: »
    Do we have horde/alliance communities? Im on random servers on my own, but i'd love to join chat communities with folks. or a discord I suppose.

I'm on WRA. But war mode is cross realm

Meaning we could get a band together....

Alliance sides....

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular

-Shadowhope for what it's worth, and someone who has done it recently may correct me on this, but I believe that most of the allied race rep grinds are not too awful, and the Lightforged & Void Elf ones in particular are actually some pretty cool questlines anyway, which you might enjoy doing regardless. I don't think you could knock it out before the launch, but you could probably do most of the way.

I can definitely say that the Nightborne rep thing wasn't nearly as bad as it looked on paper. The numbers to get to exalted were daunting. But I had only played the suramar quests to just up to having most of the teleporters in Shal'Aran. Was at the beginning of honored. Playing all the way to the end of the Suramar line and doing world quests for 3 days got me exalted AND the achievement needed to unlock them. It was 3 nights of solid play, but that quest line goes a LONG way to getting you exalted by itself.

Now I have my sweet boosted nightborne warlock, who will wear the skimpiest robes I can find cause those iridescent tattoos are just too rad. I only wish you still got the heirloom transmogs for a boosted character.

• Options
    NyhtNyht Registered User regular
    Man this whole past week or two I've been on this lonely island where I still like Malfurion AND Tyrande ...

I will admit maybe I'm just biased to night elves and the story in WC3 but I really don't think that's the sum of it.

So people beef with Malfurion; Full stop I do not get. He's never done anything super irritating? And the one thing EVERYONE AND THEIR MOTHER mocks him for "TYRANDE MY LOVE" ... wasn't even him? Like it's now just this friggen echo chamber that everyone does and finds funny to keep it alive without calling out "oh and yeah, that was Xavius basically full on mocking Malf so maybe we shouldn't mock HIM for that?"

Otherwise Malfurion has just an all around good guy trying to save his people, ALL people really with trying to keep the Nightmare out of the Emerald Dream and our world. So like ... yeah, I guess he sucks for being so nice? I really want him to get a FULL ON front row seat in the narration. Not the side seat he got in Legion but something with HIM in it showing off what HE can do. Maybe people will calm down or maybe they'll double down, I don't know, but Malfurion is 100% my favorite lore character in the game. Followed up by Genn and Illidan in even second (Jaina's climbing too).

Now looking at Tyrande in the situation she was in. I think people are giving her WAAAAAAAY more shit than is deserved. So here's her husband, literally bleeding out and probably dying in front of her. Her home is under attack and Saurfang isn't lying; you go home to the city we're about to claim, and you and you're husband are dead. Both Saurfang and Tyrande believe that the city can't hold the attack but that the horde mostly just plans to occupy it. Malfurion might be down for the count for some time and other night elf forces exist in the world that Tyrande can still try and rally to reclaim her home. So she makes a tough call to save her husband and regroup to work with the Alliance to reclaim her city instead of being used as a toy for Sylvanas to crush her people.

Now of course we find out that in hindsight, if she had gone to the city, she could have helped evacuate and tend to her people before leaving as well but she didn't know THAT'S what was going to happen. She was operating under the belief that Sylvanas and the horde would kill her for display and demoralize her people. Given that Lady Mia Greymane was already helping to somewhat evacuate people, there was probably a plan already in place to try and do that kind of thing even without Tyrande there.

So no, I don't think Tyrande made the bad move here. I think she made the right one.

• Options
    Wow apparently something I've had on one of my Dark Iron characters is worth nearly 200k gold now.

• Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    Wow apparently something I've had on one of my Dark Iron characters is worth nearly 200k gold now.

Damn. Was it the necklace from the BC launch event? That's the only thing I can think of.

This discussion has been closed.