As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dog [chat] Support

1939495969799»

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    fat piece of shit racist office manager just walked up behind one of the smol doggos and stomped and then laughed as it jumped and ran away and i swear to god i almost went to jail

Ive noticed that some people are basically surplus trash

I’m sure they serve some purpose but

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    fat piece of shit racist office manager just walked up behind one of the smol doggos and stomped and then laughed as it jumped and ran away and i swear to god i almost went to jail

Ive noticed that some people are basically surplus trash

I’m sure they serve some purpose but

i have yet to discover what

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Oh shit MTG Arena goes Open Beta on the 27th, which is also the final account wipe I believe?

Gonna play so much card game.

Is it good? I'm recently back on the crack of this 3match one

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    part of me feels like i should take the time to understand CK/EU because they seem like the types of games i like

but i've tried before and it turns out maybe i don't like those types of games i dunno

i feel like i have no idea how to even begin to play them

I just hate games that, whatever genre they appear to be at first, are really just about the series of scripted random events with multiple choice responses that come up during play. CK/EU are definitely in this category.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    The Fins and Norwegiens always speak English so Musically. I am quite jealous.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    navgoose wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Oh shit MTG Arena goes Open Beta on the 27th, which is also the final account wipe I believe?

Gonna play so much card game.

Is it good? I'm recently back on the crack of this 3match one

I like it, it's Standard magic and has drafting and stuff too. Not sure I'm sold on their method of what happens to extra cards when you already have a playset but overall it is very fun if you like MTG.

• Options
    recently I finally found a copy of the series of lectures "Neolithic Europe" by Jeremy Adams. Including a PDF of the course guide. Previously the copy I had the last couple lectures the files were corrupted.

It's a bit dated now, especially some of the bits sourced to Mellart about Matriarchy at Chatal Huyuk, but is so well put together that I think it generally holds up. Well worth watching if you can find a copy.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular

What in the fuck

Gettem

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    musings about MtG:

has there ever been a popular format where you were limited to certain numbers of card rarities in a deck?

like I know about pauper (all commons) but something that was like 4x rare, 16x uncommon?

are there any TCGs with the rules set up for this?

I feel like that would make an interesting design space and help clamp back a bit on prices going sky high

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Kamiro wrote: »
    part of me feels like i should take the time to understand CK/EU because they seem like the types of games i like

but i've tried before and it turns out maybe i don't like those types of games i dunno

First step is to start as a Count in Ireland.

just like real life

2nd step is to marry your genius cousin.
    I see, the Giuliani maneuver.

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

First step is to start as a Count in Ireland.

For CK2 I prefer starting as one of the brothers in Spain. You have several immediate options for gaining more territory, so you can play with several different game features.

Play the first couple of years over and over trying different things, and you'll get a handle on the basics really quickly.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    Aioua wrote: »
    musings about MtG:

has there ever been a popular format where you were limited to certain numbers of card rarities in a deck?

like I know about pauper (all commons) but something that was like 4x rare, 16x uncommon?

I feel like that would make an interesting design space and help clamp back a bit on prices going sky high

back in the day at my friends store we would sometimes build decks with the restriction that you could only use cards from the $0.05 bin (regardless of what set or rarity they were)

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    CK2 is releasing possibly its last DLC soon-ish (possibly by end of year?)

The changelog is so long and juicy

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    I refuse to believe that Crusaders King 2 DLC will ever truly be finished

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    @So It Goes 70%, Baru Cormorant spoilers
    she has just resolved to slaughter some people

I predicted Nayauru was the actress, way earlier, as the whole through line of passion and blood being a gap in Baru's apprehension had not been resolved, and it hasn't been made explicit but I'm sure

The other lurking question is what the Masquerade's redheaded agent who spoke to her about the rebellion and the problem of Aurdwynn was implying; that wasn't made explicit either, but my strong feeling is that all of this is Baru preparing to destroy the feudal structure of Aurdwynn and betray all of these people to the Mask, foreshadowed by Xate and her ability to commit completely to her false loyalties

This will be a trilogy, after all, and it's far too early for Baru to commit to her rebellion, right? The first book must be, in its entirety, her Imperial education, even beyond the school, about her lessons in power and subversion. It's gotta be about how much of herself she will feed to the Mask for power, and how the power of empire is as much that it demands and rewards that sacrifice if you want that power, that the better able you are to subvert it, the more it has claimed you, etc.

If it's something else, if she has fully committed to this rebellion, I will be very surprised; maybe it won't be a complete betrayal but something else, some broad dismantling of their systems like her strike against the fiat currency, and they'll celebrate independence even as she undermines it, etc...

It's very good

• Options
    @So It Goes 70%, Baru Cormorant spoilers
    she has just resolved to slaughter some people

I predicted Nayauru was the actress, way earlier, as the whole through line of passion and blood being a gap in Baru's apprehension had not been resolved, and it hasn't been made explicit but I'm sure

The other lurking question is what the Masquerade's redheaded agent who spoke to her about the rebellion and the problem of Aurdwynn was implying; that wasn't made explicit either, but my strong feeling is that all of this is Baru preparing to destroy the feudal structure of Aurdwynn and betray all of these people to the Mask, foreshadowed by Xate and her ability to commit completely to her false loyalties

This will be a trilogy, after all, and it's far too early for Baru to commit to her rebellion, right? The first book must be, in its entirety, her Imperial education, even beyond the school, about her lessons in power and subversion. It's gotta be about how much of herself she will feed to the Mask for power, and how the power of empire is as much that it demands and rewards that sacrifice if you want that power, that the better able you are to subvert it, the more it has claimed you, etc.

If it's something else, if she has fully committed to this rebellion, I will be very surprised; maybe it won't be a complete betrayal but something else, some broad dismantling of their systems like her strike against the fiat currency, and they'll celebrate independence even as she undermines it, etc...

It's very good

Oh my god EM I'm crying and vibrating at Max frequency

You have to update me the minute you finish this book

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    last page hype

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    @Blameless Cleric you know that huge sign that says "BERGEN?" at the airport?

It's about to come loose from the wind, apparently

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    I made one last full-hearted attempt at reviving Stephen (The Intrepid Laptop), but

The strain of additional open-case surgery was too much to handle, I'm afraid :(

Time of Death: September 19th, 4:05pm

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    musings about MtG:

There is a variant of Pauper that is amusingly called "Peasant". You get 5 Uncommons. :D

I'm pretty sure there have been TCGs that restrict rares/uncommons in their tournament rules in the past, although none pop into my head right off the bat.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    I made one last full-hearted attempt at reviving Stephen (The Intrepid Laptop), but

The strain of additional open-case surgery was too much to handle, I'm afraid :(

Time of Death: September 19th, 4:05pm

rip stephen he died as he lived

• Options
    Geth close the thread

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative So It Goes. Closing thread...

This discussion has been closed.