Options

[Destiny 2] Forsaken: A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes

• Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    SuperRuper wrote: »
    PS4 Sunday morning raid team cleared the raid. Thanks to everyone who joined and props to Xagar who brought us through the home stretch.

Also cheers to our add duty rando keiffer who kept us entertained at least.

Let's see if I can remember everyone to give shout-outs to from Extended, Rotating Team Blueberry Carry...
    @DodgeBlan @Chanus @Wassermelone @EvilMonkey (<-- Is that Science Piggy? I thought Piggy was somebody else...) and I don't know who Xangar_ is on here.

Special thanks go to Dodge, Wassermelone, and SuperRuper 'cause we managed to carry a semi-functional moving auto-turret all the way to Riven.
    Also-special thanks to Chanus for picking up the slack when our auto turret split the scene. And EvilMonkey when Dodge got out of Dodge.
    And extra-special thanks to Xangar_, whomever you are, for whipping us into shape in that final hour.

Then, finally, thanks to Bungie for the best drop I got in the entire raid: a 20 PL below average Tangled Shore warlock bond that had rocket launcher reserves on it when I needed it.

You forgot to shoutout the most important team member- the malfunctioning auto turret himself - the bluest blueberry ever plucked

The worst part is because he was definitely way too high to remember any of the content the next group he plays with will have to suffer just as much as we did.

I didn't want to call him out by name.

I hope he was high. Or hung over or something.

Truly the bluest blueberry, though. I always try to remind myself that blueberries are people too and when I'm mentally lambasting them for standing there with the last 10 motes in Gambit, waiting to invade instead of depositing, that there's probably a reason. They're having a bad day or they're working some Triumph or bounty or something. But then, I guess, sometimes they're that guy.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    Toasticus wrote: »
    Real huge shout out to @shryke and @Toasticus for putting up with me on the raid tonight, you guys are doing God's work.

Also feel bad that you couldn't find a sixth for Riven, I hope that you get it before the reset!

Pshhh, putting up with you? You did great! Surviving all the way up to the Riven encounter at, what were you, like mid 540s LL? That's not easy.

I'm sure we'll knock Riven's teeth out when we regroup.

... I was like 527 when we started? I only just hit 540 today!

kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Thanks very much to @squall99x @metaghost @rndmhero @MagicPrime and @koz for dragging my ass through the raid this week! Knocked off
    riven and the relay
    tonight. Super excited to have completed that raid and pretty sure I was only carried a moderate amount :D

Apologies to Squall for the coronary during the relay :lol:

Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    So I dropped my aim speed to 3 from 5. And started playing a little slower in general. Yeah I’m starting to dominate with trust.

During the hc kills and solar kill portion of Luna’s I’ve been like the worst on my team and hitting like .7kd I’m comp

These changes I’m dominating. Best in my team almost every match. So much confidence in every fight it’s insane

Jumped from like 1980 to 2400 today while grinding out headshots.

Sitting at 84. Looking like tomorrow will be the day and the grind has properly trained me to use it once I get it

Pretty pumped.

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    Holy shit, One Thousand Voices in any PVP mode can fuck right off

That thing is completely indefensible

• Options
    I have to stop playing gambit late at night.

I just watched a guy run into shrieker fire to grab 3 motes I made off killing a knight, while I was running towards them. He already had 15 motes. He then died to the aforementioned shrieker.

What a jackass.

Checked after the match: my team of hopeless randoms against a 4 stack:

I lost 0 motes

my teammates dropped 29, 29, 24

This is what fucking happens when bungie puts out a challenging bounty to collect 65 motes in one game. These dumb motherfuckers don't seem to get that you can deposit in amounts smaller than 15, and their greedy asses just ram into you all match while getting sleeper'd to death like dumbasses when they can't clear off the 4+ phalanxes and deposit.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    I refuse to play Gambit with randoms anymore.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Gambit on console sounds horrible.

Either that or some kind of SBMM is going on and I don't get matched with those kind of mouthbreathers anymore.

Like, I've had dumb or bad teammates, but nothing that dumb. I'm not even sure people other then me even do the bounties most of the time.

shryke on
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    Gambit on console sounds horrible.

Either that or some kind of SBMM is going on and I don't get matched with those kind of mouthbreathers anymore.

Like, I've had dumb or bad teammates, but nothing that dumb. I'm not even sure people other then me even do the bounties most of the time.

i still seem to get competent randos when i play my hunter and absolute fuckwits when i play my warlock

i doubt it’s anything more than a coincidence but it is utterly inconceivable how dumb some of these people are

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Another hot take:

None of the gambit maps should have death pits, not everyone is a damn hunter.

• Options
    They could rename it “Shit map” and everyone would instantly know which one it is.

• Options
    DC map still has shit jump paths if you're a warlock, but holy crap is Kell's Grave a shithole

The EDZ also wins best map award because there no wall for you to be quadruple slammed into after leaving the spawn area. Even Nessus has that problem (though is otherwise good)

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    They could rename it “Shit map” and everyone would instantly know which one it is.

Shit map = Dreaming City

It's invader paradise. I'd rather play Kell's Grave.

• Options
    edited October 2018
    Elki wrote: »
    Another thing, why does the raid challenge bounty only last a day? That should be a bounty that last a week.

It does last a week.

Ah shit, then I must have only picked it up on both of the characters that doesnt raid...

Turns out, this is the reason I thought the Raid Challenge Bounty only lasted for a single day... Because Bungie's UI is straight up telling me that.

h0VyCXr.jpg

Sirialis on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    What scope and battery would you look for on an Erentil FR4? And Siri, that’s hilarious.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    ronzo wrote: »
    I have to stop playing gambit late at night.

I just watched a guy run into shrieker fire to grab 3 motes I made off killing a knight, while I was running towards them. He already had 15 motes. He then died to the aforementioned shrieker.

What a jackass.

Checked after the match: my team of hopeless randoms against a 4 stack:

I lost 0 motes

my teammates dropped 29, 29, 24

This is what fucking happens when bungie puts out a challenging bounty to collect 65 motes in one game. These dumb motherfuckers don't seem to get that you can deposit in amounts smaller than 15, and their greedy asses just ram into you all match while getting sleeper'd to death like dumbasses when they can't clear off the 4+ phalanxes and deposit.

Unfortunately, this scenario is of Bungie's doing. While it's mathematically possible of four random people to defeat a pre-formed group of 3-4 people, it usually requires higher morale and effort on the part of the individuals to win. Throw in the fact that leaving a match will penalize you, and you have a ripe situation for jobbing or just doing stupid stuff because it doesn't matter.

It kind of reminds me of Gigantic, where if you come across a team that outmatches you, you can sweat it out into a 20-30+ minute match that likely you'll lose anyway. Or just flop and take the L in half the time.

The only way to win is to not play the game get into a group of your own and propagate the misery onto your former schmoeberries.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    yeah i'm gonna be honest, after a match yesterday where my team held 40 motes between the three of them, zero banked, and there were five blockers up at our bank that i was alone trying to clear while they all ran around collecting more motes

and then we got invaded and all three of them were killed

and then the other team summoned and defeated their primeval before a single mote got banked on my team

i definitely gave the fuck up the second round and just tried punching the ogre blocker to death, dying over and over again

because seriously why even fucking try?

• Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    yeah i'm gonna be honest, after a match yesterday where my team held 40 motes between the three of them, zero banked, and there were five blockers up at our bank that i was alone trying to clear while they all ran around collecting more motes

and then the other team summoned and defeated their primeval before a single mote got banked on my team

i definitely gave the fuck up the second round and just tried punching the ogre blocker to death, dying over and over again

Punching ogres in the dick is one of the great, but rarely-appreciated, joys of Destiny.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options

Gambit lacks sufficient incentives for simply playing a game. Right now the bounties are crap for anything but getting a piece of gear a day 50% of the time (because half the quests are shit) and there is basically no reward for losing, up to none at all at the highest level. And since the only penalty for quitting is breaking a winning streak, after your first loss there is no reason to stick it out with a game where you are losing terribly.

• Options

Maybe they were trying to get that send 4 large blockers at once thing that is literally impossible to coordinate in solos because why is this a seal triumph? Also wth @ send the 100 motes w/o losing any also being a seal triumph.

• Options

Gambit lacks sufficient incentives for simply playing a game. Right now the bounties are crap for anything but getting a piece of gear a day 50% of the time (because half the quests are shit) and there is basically no reward for losing, up to none at all at the highest level. And since the only penalty for quitting is breaking a winning streak, after your first loss there is no reason to stick it out with a game where you are losing terribly.

there is one reason

i had a bounty that required a completed match

• Options
    but gambit matches take too long for the huge gap between value of winning and losing

losing a gambit match is in 95% of cases a complete waste of 20-30 minutes

• Options

Maybe they were trying to get that send 4 large blockers at once thing that is literally impossible to coordinate in solos because why is this a seal triumph? Also wth @ send the 100 motes w/o losing any also being a seal triumph.

the gambit incentives are 100% for playing like a dumbass dipshit

which suits the drifter fine i suppose because that's what he is

• Options

the gambit incentives are 100% for playing like a dumbass dipshit

which suits the drifter fine i suppose because that's what he is

I forgot to mention that you have to win that match where you plunk 100 motes w/o losing any.

I am the Drifter.

• Options
    edited October 2018
    but gambit matches take too long for the huge gap between value of winning and losing

I hit Legend rank early last week. One day I played like 4-5 games one night. Because of losses that time investment got me less then 200 points closer to hitting Reset.

About 2 hours of playing Gambit, ~6% progress towards the next level.

It's just a huge waste of time if you aren't winning. I'm not even sure you get good reward drops from the game ending if you don't win.

shryke on
  • Options
    now that i'm near 600 on two characters i think i'm probably going to stop bothering with gambit as i already have with crucible, outside of forming groups with pals

i have no great need to hit 600 as fast as possible at this point so doing things that are not even remotely entertaining seems pointless

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    When the match isn't going well, I just try to get to 25 motes so I can invade and start taking it out on the other team.

Oh and the other day the Primevil bitch slapped me through the invasion portal, mid-Nova Warp. I was like "uh... okay fine I'll go kill some dudes, GOD."

• Options
    When the match isn't going well, I just try to get to 25 motes so I can invade and start taking it out on the other team.

Oh and the other day the Primevil bitch slapped me through the invasion portal, mid-Nova Warp. I was like "uh... okay fine I'll go kill some dudes, GOD."

haha i have also been thrown through the portal before like

welp, i guess we're doing this

• Options
    I've gotten eye-blasted into the invasion portal a few times.

More often I get eye-blasted into the pit

OR a few times while jumping a gap I get eye-blasted mid-air which somehow makes it hit like 100x harder and I get thrown across the map and slammed to my death against a wall.

• Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular

I hit Legend rank early last week. One day I played like 4-5 games one night. Because of losses that time investment got me less then 200 points closer to hitting Reset.

It's just a huge waste of time if you aren't winning. I'm not even sure you get good reward drops from the game ending if you don't win.

My problem with gambit at the moment is that the mode is too limited and has too little reason to actually do it. Going through the effort of resetting to get a curated weapon isn't a good enough motivator to play it for any extended amount of time. Getting the title isn't much better for a lot of people either.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    I totally popped void nova to take out the other team yesterday though. Ended up getting only 1 kill but I did cause them all to panic and go "OH SHIT, KILL HIM!" to such an extent that they all stopped attacking the primeval and so we went from being behind 50%-25% to winning the round and thus the game 0%-20%.

For once, my teammates did good.

• Options
    squall99x wrote: »

My problem with gambit at the moment is that the mode is too limited and has too little reason to actually do it. Going through the effort of resetting to get a curated weapon isn't a good enough motivator to play it for any extended amount of time. Getting the title isn't much better for a lot of people either.

The reason to play games if you aren't chasing the title and the ghost and all that is the guns. Gambit has some really great guns and you only get them by playing and completing bounties and ranking up.

Unless you get bad RNG and then you just don't get them period.

I'm on my way to Reset #3 and have only ever gotten a single Hazard of the Cast.

• Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Gambit bounties a reward guns?

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    Khraul wrote: »

One bounty a day rewards a guaranteed piece of legendary gear. Given how this usually works in this game, you've got like a 50% chance of it being a gun and it's it's a gun, it's one of the Gambit exclusive ones. You've also got the weekly bounty and the random 7-day ones you will get just for playing, all of which also drop legendary gear.

Since Gambit lacks a token system of any sort, the only place to get gear is rank-up rewards, those bounties, weekly/daily milestones and randomly at the end of matches.

• Options

The reason to play games if you aren't chasing the title and the ghost and all that is the guns. Gambit has some really great guns and you only get them by playing and completing bounties and ranking up.

I'm on my way to Reset #3 and have only ever gotten a single Hazard of the Cast.

But when the mode becomes a slog for a lot of people what you end up with in reality is people doing their daily and weekly for potential rolls on weapons/armor and maybe a bounty if they happen to complete it in that time, then they don't play any more until the daily/weekly rolls around again.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    VladimerVladimer Registered User regular
    Khraul wrote: »

This. I'm 600 on one character, almost 600 on another.

Not a single Hazard of the Cast.

• Options
    i definitely play as little gambit as i can humanly manage, and i even like gambit in theory

the matches are just too much of a waste of time when you're losing

and the grind is so slow when you're winning, if you can even win more than once in a row, it's not worth caring about

• Options

But when the mode becomes a slog for a lot of people what you end up with in reality is people doing their daily and weekly for potential rolls on weapons/armor and maybe a bounty if they happen to complete it in that time, then they don't play any more until the daily/weekly rolls around again.

I mean, sure, but that's kind of beside the point. You play Gambit because you like it, because you are chasing the titles and such or because you want the guns. This is no different then any other mode.

Why do strikes unless you want the rewards or the titles? No reason. No reason at all.

• Options

I mean, sure, but that's kind of beside the point. You play Gambit because you like it, because you are chasing the titles and such or because you want the guns. This is no different then any other mode.

Why do strikes unless you want the rewards or the titles? No reason. No reason at all.

a strike is rarely a half hour complete waste of your time at least

• Options
    edited October 2018

I understand your point and you're not wrong - but in practice it feels completely different. I like the idea of Gambit, I even like the gameplay loop. But playing by yourself or when you can tell your buddies are sick of the whole process saps a ton of the enjoyment out of it. Especially when the game play loop itself has so cemented itself into a particular flow.

The mode desperately needs either more mechanics at the boss or some sort of random modifier system in matches that changes up how you have to approach the flow of the mode.

Edit- Strikes for instance can be a thing where you turn your brain off and get some cathartic grind in without too much effort. Gambit make you claw for every inch when you are playing with randoms and the frustration is very often not equal to the rewards in place.

squall99x on
    oHqYBTXm.jpg