As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

ALL-BLACK THE [FASHION THREAD]

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Nic, I like the boots, but if you'd bought the big hat we'd be one step closer to opening a detective agency

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Good weather times to be in nyc

I’m so happy it’s been good fall layering weather

poo
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Cello wrote: »
    Nic, I like the boots, but if you'd bought the big hat we'd be one step closer to opening a detective agency

I did not buy that hat (because it was $100)

But later I did buy another, cheaper, equally detectivisty hat with which I have already solved several mysteries (like the mystery of which pocket I put my passport in). Have to try and photo it with the coat.

• Options
    Also you should hang out with me next time you come to New York

If you want to

poo
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    My beard is approaching mountain hermit territory with a rapidity that belies some malign intellect of its own.

Soon I shall be nothing, only beard will remain.

• Options
    I just had my "smol" beard trimmed by a barber

Feels good, y'all

I need to work on my selfie game, good fucking grief

• Options
    edited November 2018
    I am probably getting an appointment to get mine trimmed and lined up at a real fancy pants place soon as a xmas gift from my mom.

this one specifically

http://lamodastyle.com/

Probably get my head shaved while I am there? Maybe a facial?

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    This is the least bad selfie I managed to take, I think the beard is "getting there."

• Options
    POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular
    it looks good! very clean

vQ77AtR.png
    steam | xbox live: IGNORANT HARLOT | psn: MadRoll | nintendo network: spinach
    3ds: 1504-5717-8252
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Looks great! Keep it!

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    The beard is a good look for you, doug.

And tynic makes a pretty solid noir detective.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    Thanks, y'all!

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    I had to shave my beard for my Halloween costume. It had been over 4 years since I had last been clean shaving. Now I'm willing my beard to grow back faster. It should be long enough to get trimmed up by Thanksgiving.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    Oo my new jacket arrived

Uhh I will post pics later

poo
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I'm getting a haircut and a beard trim tonight. I am very excited.

• Options
    Cello wrote: »

@Cello The minute that robot walked in my door, I could see two things: bad news, and great actuators.

dc9yfim0u3gp.jpg

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Brilliant!

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Do you like Queen? Would you like to wear clothes with Queen stuff on it?

https://www.revelist.com/style-news/wrangler-bohemian-rhapsody/13941/

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    @Straightzi aghh sorry I effed up on Sunday night! I ended up visiting with my grandmother til 7:30 out in Naperville and then when I got back to Ravenswood we just got dinner and went to bed. But I forgot to send you a message about it. Soooorrrryy!

In other news I needed to replace a pair of suede wedges that were literally falling apart and have already been repaired twice, and I needed a pair of black boots, and I ended up hating everything at three different stores

And then I whoopsed a pair of Frye's

4r9NF8Bl.jpg

With some black and white leather decorative straps

Jjmoq7Nl.jpg

Please ignore my velvet socks, my feets are cold here in North Carolina and I'm trying to stomp around the house to break these in a bit.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    That's alright, I was very busy lying on the couch eating the remnants of my pinata martyrs

• Options
    I booked that appointment Friday. With the headshave and line up and trim of my beard it'll be like 55 from my mom. So good gift from her.

It seems expensive but ya know. Dude does the whole thing with a straight razor?

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Fashion thread, where do you get men's 3X size t-shirts from, if you were looking for them?

Open to suggestions.

EDIT: Also interested in casual button downs or polos.

Goose! on
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    For casual button downs I'd recommend checking out Untuckit

They even have some visual size comparisons on a bunch of different body types so people can get a sense of how a shirt will fit on them.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    I booked that appointment Friday. With the headshave and line up and trim of my beard it'll be like 55 from my mom. So good gift from her.

It seems expensive but ya know. Dude does the whole thing with a straight razor?

Straight razor shaves are the best and totally worth it.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Untuckit is nice but a little bit pricey, or maybe I'm just used to buying clothes on the cheap.

• Options
    PZlXVPl.jpg
    Dat herringbone tho
    X0dBcyb.jpg

poo
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Love me a herring's bone

• Options
    That looks really good!

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Love me a herring's bone

Great for wearin', awful for eatin'

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Fly as hellllll Shaz

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Goose! wrote: »
    Untuckit is nice but a little bit pricey, or maybe I'm just used to buying clothes on the cheap.

I purchased two shirts from them, on sale, for like 60% of the full price.

Those two shirts are two of my favorites, they seem to be of a good quality, and they fit really nicely.

• Options
    there is one of these untuckit stores next to my office
    never been in it, mayhaps I should

poo
  • Options
    I wish I liked polos

But they make me look like different colors of the grimace.

• Options
    Polos are my default work shirt.

• Options
    DabeDabe Photographist Portland, ORRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    @Shazkar Shadowstorm very good pickup

• Options
    Ty

Now begins the problem of knowing buying quality garments and wanting to buy lots of expensive things

But at least I got this lightly used at like <50% msrp

poo
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Man now I need to buy a jacket.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Man now I need to buy a jacket.

Yeah, that jacket looks amazing

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List