Options

How betrayed do you feel right now, [chat]?

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Extremely. This is unbelievable. I never thought in a million years I'd be lied to like this and you have to have at least two poll options.
    Eddy wrote: »
    Low sugar or no sugar ketchup is way superior

low-sugar ketch is so much better

big sugar has destroyed this country

Big Sugar is the name of my Monsanto-funded bbw burlesque troupe

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Extremely. This is unbelievable. I never thought in a million years I'd be lied to like this and you have to have at least two poll options.
    Organichu wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    i am no longer offended by coffee or beer taunting, generally speaking. i eat enough weird shit- and cook enough complicated shit- that accusations of babymouth only hold the power to sting from a small group of people. finding out shaz gags when he eats bleu cheese took his power away, for instance. most of you are just too weak and sad to harm me, thank heavens.

what took my power away

took it away?

fair tbh

sig.gif
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Also there are boutique ketchups that are more flavorful

If you’ll just take our flier about the wonders of ketchup...

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    The best part about condiments is you don't need to have just 1 at a time. Especially for something like fries that you can dip.

You can have ketchup, a BBQ sauce, whatever other funky things you have mixed up all on the plate at once. And then dip in a different one with each bite to keep things interesting.

Condiments are fun!

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Doodmann wrote: »
    I COULD be wrong on the pineapple in chili thing. It remains conjecture. But it feels like it ought to work. I think it should.

I might try to make some this week.

Do you think you put the pineapple in at the end? I usually crockpot it.

Also I'm planning to make it spicier than all hell.

It could get bitter if it’s in there too long but I’m not sure if fresh at the end is the way to go either. It’s certainly safer because you can add it in your serving bowl.

like a coward

My instinct is to slice and grill the pineapple to get some char on it and evaporate the excess water, then add it near the end.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited November 2018
    did you guys see that heinz now sells a mass market fry sauce called mayochup

no longer will i have to spend my precious time left on earth stirring together ketchup and mayo

Organichu on
  • Options
    I do ketchup AND kraut on hotdogs

take that Atomika!

“Yes, Mr. Sumner, feel free to fire indiscriminately”

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Extremely. This is unbelievable. I never thought in a million years I'd be lied to like this.
    The best part about condiments is you don't need to have just 1 at a time. Especially for something like fries that you can dip.

You can have ketchup, a BBQ sauce, whatever other funky things you have mixed up all on the plate at once. And then dip in a different one with each bite to keep things interesting.

Condiments are fun!

A lot of condiments can be overpowering, especially ketchup.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    I COULD be wrong on the pineapple in chili thing. It remains conjecture. But it feels like it ought to work. I think it should.

It could get bitter if it’s in there too long but I’m not sure if fresh at the end is the way to go either. It’s certainly safer because you can add it in your serving bowl.

like a coward

My instinct is to slice and grill the pineapple to get some char on it and evaporate the excess water, then add it near the end.

I was thinking grill and also use pineapple juice as part of the base.

I found some recipes, so it is a thing...but I don't like the look of the recipes.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Less sugar...making something taste better...I don’t understand

• Options

Condiments are fun!

one of my favorite throwaway jokes is when conan tries soul food and asks for extra extra gravy and gets like 5 bowls full. and then he dips an item in all five, one after another, before taking a bite. then points at one of the bowls of gravy and goes, that's the best one

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Do you know what is really good with fries

Nando's garlic peri peri sauce

Fffffuck that's good

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular

like a coward

This sounds right. You definitely don't want to liquify it. You'd be going for a sweet, crunchy element.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    So we went to New Orleans this weekend.

We went into a Christmas shop that had these god damned things all around. They were very proud of them.

When I looked into those eyes the only caption I could come up with is

"I have seen the dead face of the God of Abraham. Your prayers go unheard. The gods are dead. Only we remain."
    Pa9yAvpl.png

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Extremely. This is unbelievable. I never thought in a million years I'd be lied to like this.
    tartar sauce, hot sauce, bbq sauce, sweet & sour sauce, sriracha, hoisin sauce, plum sauce, hollandaise, mcd's big mac sauce, russian dressing, gochujang, seasoned chili oil

baby I like it all

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    people who describe IPAs as “juicy”

i’m sorry have you had juice before

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular

Condiments are fun!

Duck sauce

Cocktail sauce

Hummus

Just a shit load of butter and salt

Gravey!

Shit i gotta remember to get a solid poutine in montreal. That's a a thing they do there right?

• Options
    goddamn that thing's teeth look exactly like mine

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    I think this is signaling that we're all close to our lunchtimes

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »

Condiments are fun!

That's also what's great about them, you control how much you dip!

I mean I can fucking COAT a fry in ketchup and still taste the fry. I guess everyone's taste buds are different but if a tiny dab of a sauce somehow blocks all the flavor of a fry than I feel sorry for your mouth! That sounds like less fun if things get overpowered that easily.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular

like a coward

Yeah grill and toss it in ~45 minutes or so before you pull it off the heat maybe?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options

Your sauce list has me hungry af.

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular

3 more hours

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular

Condiments are fun!

I mean I can fucking COAT a fry in ketchup and still taste the fry. I guess everyone's taste buds are different but if a tiny dab of a sauce somehow blocks all the flavor of a fry than I feel sorry for your mouth! That sounds like less fun if things get overpowered that easily.

yeah, but the ideas is usually you can no longer differentiate the quality of the fry, you're just vaguely tasting potato.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    Dronus86Dronus86 Now with cheese!Registered User regular
    as a midwesterner

RANCH
    ON
    EVERYTHING

Look at me. Look at me. Look at how large the monster inside me has become.
    Crunch Crunch! Munch Munch! Chomp Chomp! Gulp!
  • Options
    Tartar sauce and mayo are two of my latest food acquisitions. I still need to use WAY less than other people, and I don’t buy them, but I think I’ve got ‘em down.

Tartar sauce in small amounts on mediocre fried seafood: A+

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    stacey this is the last straw do you hear me

sig.gif
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    Taco Bell Diablo sauce about to be on this quesadilla, these tacos, this bitch

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Each one has dined on a thousand souls

it's never enough

never enough
    TZdC93el.jpg

• Options
    Making buffalo wings or swedish meatballs at home:

oh dear lord these food items will kill me holy shit an ENTIRE stick of butter?!

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    Each one has dined on a thousand souls

it's never enough

never enough
    TZdC93el.jpg

They strike me as offensive caricatures somehow.

• Options
    people who describe IPAs as “juicy”

i’m sorry have you had juice before

I'm surprised by this

Citrusy juicy IPAs are a specific subcategory that is less bitter, sweeter, brighter, etc. They definitely taste more like juice than most other beers, aside from actual juice beers like radlers and lambics.

The juice they taste like might be grapefruit juice, of course.

But also the word seems to be about the feeling of drinking them, like they're juicy in almost the same way that a cut of meat is juicy, as a matter of texture and lusciousness

• Options
    Tartar sauce and mayo are two of my latest food acquisitions. I still need to use WAY less than other people, and I don’t buy them, but I think I’ve got ‘em down.

Tartar sauce in small amounts on mediocre fried seafood: A+

the vast majority of desserts would benefit from less sugary filling- the same level of sugar, but a smaller quantity of the sugary thing- vs crust or cake or whatever. less fruit pie filling, less cake frosting, less chocolate sauce on ice cream, etc.

i feel this way about a lot of food i think. i love just about every condiment but almost never want it to drip out of a sandwich upon biting.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Making buffalo wings or swedish meatballs at home:

oh dear lord these food items will kill me holy shit an ENTIRE stick of butter?!

I've found, when cooking foods, that I can make similarly styled restaurant dishes if I amp up the butter by 10x what it calls for.

A table spoon of butter? Oh you mean a whole fucking stick of butter, gotcha.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
  • Options
    I will confess, juicy IPAs are my favorite beers these days

• Options
    Ludious wrote: »
    Also there were Gay Mermen. @Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud
    rbi4sGal.jpg

@Blameless Cleric

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    wazilla wrote: »
    Taco Bell Diablo sauce about to be on this quesadilla, these tacos, this bitch

I tried the Taco Bell Diablo chips and I don't know what happened. I made it to like, 4, and I was gasping for breath. The sauce is like "hm this is nicely spicy" while the chips just create a heat drill and tunnel through your face. Maybe they were over-seasoned or something but it was ridiculous.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options

Condiments are fun!

yeah, but the ideas is usually you can no longer differentiate the quality of the fry, you're just vaguely tasting potato.

But I can literally put so little on I can only taste the fry. So I still think your mouth is losing here if it loses that much of the taste of a fry regardless of the amount of sauce used. I'm saying there's a full spectrum of flavors available. If you're saying your problem is it's just an on off switch for your taste buds well.. yea that doesn't sound great

• Options
    apparently 'real' duck sauce that isn't just hfcs and food coloring heavily features apricot? i don't think i've ever had it but my racist uncle in philly used to rant against mass market packet duck sauce all the time and pine for the apricot stuff

This discussion has been closed.