As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

How betrayed do you feel right now, [chat]?

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Extremely. This is unbelievable. I never thought in a million years I'd be lied to like this and you have to have at least two poll options.
    VishNub wrote: »
    I'm keeping the ranch thing, because when I was up in OK a couple weeks ago we ordered 10 wings and they gave us *four* cups of ranch with it. Four cups. Ten wings. The fuck do people do with that?

Midwesterners and ranch is a real thing. I don't understand it.

Buffalo wings don't belong in the same room as ranch dressing.

Oh look a heretic

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Extremely. This is unbelievable. I never thought in a million years I'd be lied to like this and you have to have at least two poll options.
    Elendil wrote: »
    really upset that blizzard is licensing Diablo to taco bell instead of making a new diablo

have they no shame

b93tfwkc9sdm.png

• Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    spool have you ever had that cinnamon-flavored chili they serve over spaghetti

Cincinnati chili gets a bad rap

I have a real good recipe for it

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    Auralynx wrote: »
    i am not allowed to but if i could ban everyone from my [chat] who even hints that someone's opinion on food is wrong i would do it in a heartbeat

food should build community not segregate it

Go back where they make only things you like to eat!

i don't think anywhere makes literally everything

The Greater Los Angeles Area.

Test me.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    I had this chili the other day. Frozen tofu-and-bean chili mixed with rice mac and cheese. Pretty tasty!

yypjaht25e43.jpeg

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Eventually the only way you will be able to define food will be to list all of its ingredients and the method of preparation in detail, as anything less will cease to communicate any information about the dish.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    zepherin wrote: »
    I'd say 70% of the chili I've had is meatless. I like it as a healthy option. Meaty chili is deffo not healthy.
    I disagree, other than the salt most of chili is pretty healthy, the meat adds protein and the beans add fiber.

So I guess what I’m saying is beans in chili is fine.

It's probably more beef than you should eat, by which I mean I will have four servings and give myself beef poisoning
    I dunno, I know a couple keto bros who use chili as a staple meal with very little editing. I've tried it, it's a bit onion forward but it is pretty good.

zepherin on
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    spool have you ever had that cinnamon-flavored chili they serve over spaghetti

Cincinnati chili gets a bad rap

I have a real good recipe for it

Step 6: serve into ceramic bowls
    Step 7: take bowl in both hands and pitch it right out the fucking window

• Options
    Winky wrote: »
    As the fusion concept intensifies, all food will eventually slide down the gradient towards another type of food, and all food categorization will cease to make sense.

The future will be defined by unrestricted food anarachy, where flavors, scents, shapes, and textures will mingle freely, filling out every conceivable combination of human sensations.

Duh, we've all seen Demolition Man.

I like to ART
  • Options
    I kinda wanna try keto again but I ate a lot of ground beef on keto and that's bad for the environment so I'm torn

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Extremely. This is unbelievable. I never thought in a million years I'd be lied to like this.
    If you want more protein in your chili, textured soy protein or tofu is right there.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    If you want more protein in your chili, textured soy protein or tofu is right there.

something that tastes good tho

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    I HUNGER

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    SINISTARMILSKI

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Extremely. This is unbelievable. I never thought in a million years I'd be lied to like this.
    is this chili: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sundubu-jjigae
    bowen wrote: »

we're all going to die horribly unless we radically change meat consumption patterns

how do you like them apples

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I mean the Beyond Meat "beef" crumbles are good and I use it to make sloppy joes for myself because chelle doesn't like sloppy joes no matter how they're cooked

I've heard nothing but amazing things about the Impossible Burger but right now it's just a burger and is only sold at certain restaurants, but what they're doing with the impossible burger is pretty amazing

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

something that tastes tho

Like seriously tofu is the most flavorless thing I've eaten outside of my mother in laws thanksgiving food.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    You can learn to like anything and you would have if you ate it a lot as a kid!

sig.gif
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    chili relativism
    post-modern chili

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Quorn is the way and the light

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I'm a far cry from a vegetarian and I also understand that "you haven't had good X" can feel dismissive, but Tofu is naturally fairly flavorless, but cooked right, and more importantly, pressed properly to get rid of excess moisture, makes all the difference. It is a flavor vehicle.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »
    i am not allowed to but if i could ban everyone from my [chat] who even hints that someone's opinion on food is wrong i would do it in a heartbeat

Test me.

anywhere a person would actually want to be

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    I'm going to NC in December @dad pls make chilli thank u

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    You can learn to like anything and you would have if you ate it a lot as a kid!

I don't necessarily think this is true

There's a lot of things that just taste awful to me despite wanting to like them for health reasons

Like lettuce

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Preacher wrote: »

Like seriously tofu is the most flavorless thing I've eaten outside of my mother in laws thanksgiving food.

Try recipes like this: https://www.maangchi.com/recipe/dububuchim-yangnyeomjang

pan-fried with lots of soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, green onion

I don't know and honestly don't care how westerners prepare tofu because they aren't using the core ingredients that come with it in every other culture and just blandly putting it in as some kind of standalone meat substitute and then cackling when it fails because it was put into a position to fail

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options

So tofu and textured soy protein.

• Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Preacher wrote: »

Saying tofu is flavorless is like saying spaghetti is flavorless. That's kind of the point - they are neutral ingredients that soak up the flavor of seasoning, sauces, and marinades. You can make them taste like whatever you want.

Phillishere on
  • Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular

Ugh @spool32

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Apparently Activision stock dropped 17% which triggered an emergency stock holders meeting, where the stockholders were assured that Activision would more aggressively peruse micro-transactions to increase the value.

This is a rumor and I do not feel like actually looking it up to verify if it is true, so I'll just assume it is and post it like it was a fact.

• Options

Test me.

People keep saying that and yet there are so many goddamn people here. I wish some of them would take their own advice and go back to Cincinnati or where ever the hell they came from.

I like to ART
  • Options

Once again, Mods, I really think Spool should have his username changed to dad.

I like to ART
  • Options

Test me.

People keep saying that and yet there are so many goddamn people here. I wish some of them would take their own advice and go back to Cincinnati or where ever the hell they came from.

The paradox of "no one goes there. it is too crowded."

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I have been punished for my food trolling

On the way to the truck I stepped on some icy slush and my feet went way out from under me, and I articulately objected to my misfortune with a cry of HWWUUAAAGH before plopping directly into a cold muddy puddle

I will have to dry clean my favorite coat and change my outfit

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    Apparently Activision stock dropped 17% which triggered an emergency stock holders meeting, where the stockholders were assured that Activision would more aggressively peruse micro-transactions to increase the value.

This is a rumor and I do not feel like actually looking it up to verify if it is true, so I'll just assume it is and post it like it was a fact.

Hahahahahaha

Oh wait, I sometimes play Activision games

Booooooo

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Ea's stock is falling too, it could be just an investor push back on video games because investors are panic'd morons most of the time.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    BSoBBSoB Registered User regular
    Activision owns blizzard, so it might be that someone read the nerd rage about the diablo mobile and took it seriously.

Seems like a great time to buy, if one was so inclined. A diablo mobile game will be like printing money, but the investors are too stupid to see it.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    i'm glad i don't care about any activision games

oh no sekiro nooooo

• Options
    Had a guy call me a jerk after he spent a minute aggressively patronizing me over the phone. Sorry man you aren't a member we aren't having a conversation. You don't pay shit to talk to me you can piss up a rope.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    BSoB wrote: »
    Activision owns blizzard, so it might be that someone read the nerd rage about the diablo mobile and took it seriously.

Seems like a great time to buy, if one was so inclined. A diablo mobile game will be like printing money, but the investors are too stupid to see it.

there's also the recent lower than hoped for earnings report regarding destiny

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Also I think the market in general is on a sudden downturn isn't it?

I kind of want the traditional games market to crumble so that everyone has to invest in VR

This discussion has been closed.