Options

How betrayed do you feel right now, [chat]?

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Extremely. This is unbelievable. I never thought in a million years I'd be lied to like this.
    I get why Activision stock would be sold. CODBLOPs appears to be somewhat in decline in terms of sales and needs to rely more on microtransactions to get better revenue and recent attempts to get more big revenue generators like Destiny have mostly had mixed results. That leaves mostly relatively old sellers that probably aren't growing a ton and are already factored into the stock price.

Couscous on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    is this chili: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sundubu-jjigae
    bowen wrote: »
    Couscous wrote: »
    If you want more protein in your chili, textured soy protein or tofu is right there.

something that tastes good tho

we're all going to die horribly unless we radically change meat consumption patterns

how do you like them apples

I thought we were talking about tofu

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Preacher wrote: »
    If you want more protein in your chili, textured soy protein or tofu is right there.

something that tastes tho

Like seriously tofu is the most flavorless thing I've eaten outside of my mother in laws thanksgiving food.

Try recipes like this: https://www.maangchi.com/recipe/dububuchim-yangnyeomjang

pan-fried with lots of soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, green onion

I don't know and honestly don't care how westerners prepare tofu because they aren't using the core ingredients that come with it in every other culture and just blandly putting it in as some kind of standalone meat substitute and then cackling when it fails because it was put into a position to fail

Meat substitutes and tofu are terrible

*just puts tofu in a hamburger bun and eats it*

(meanwhile I'm making kung pao tofu)

• Options
    Extremely. This is unbelievable. I never thought in a million years I'd be lied to like this.
    Winky wrote: »
    Also I think the market in general is on a sudden downturn isn't it?

I kind of want the traditional games market to crumble so that everyone has to invest in VR

VR has a lot of the same problems as the traditional console games market.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Extremely. This is unbelievable. I never thought in a million years I'd be lied to like this and you have to have at least two poll options.
    It is the year 2025 and all games are released exclusively for the Vive and the Switch

Winky is finally happy

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I get why Activision stock would be sold. CODBLOPs appears to be somewhat in decline in terms of sales and needs to rely more on microtransactions to get better revenue and recent attempts to get more big revenue generators like Destiny have mostly had mixed results. That leaves mostly relatively old sellers that probably aren't growing a ton and are already factored into the stock price.

Well like Codblops also just put in some shit tastic fuck you micros. Which seems to be how Activision is doing their micros now, release without them so reviews are positive, wait a month and then put in really stupid and regressive ones.

I can't wait for destiny to have fortnite style season passes.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Extremely. This is unbelievable. I never thought in a million years I'd be lied to like this and you have to have at least two poll options.
    Winky wrote: »
    It is the year 2025 and all games are released exclusively for the Vive and the Switch

Winky is finally happy

But your switch can only install one of them at a time

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    I'm weird cause I'll just fry up some firm tofu with salt/pepper and eat it.

Tastes good. Maybe some tamari.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options

Well like Codblops also just put in some shit tastic fuck you micros. Which seems to be how Activision is doing their micros now, release without them so reviews are positive, wait a month and then put in really stupid and regressive ones.

Did they? Isn't it just the battlepass shit?

Which of course, is ridiculously slow to level up considering it's a 60 dollar game but I'm just gonna go with "don't care about cosmetics"

It's still dumb but I am unaffected since there's no way I can get that shit.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    if activision ruins sekiro that company is dead to me

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    Doodmann wrote: »
    Auralynx wrote: »
    i am not allowed to but if i could ban everyone from my [chat] who even hints that someone's opinion on food is wrong i would do it in a heartbeat

food should build community not segregate it

Go back where they make only things you like to eat!

i don't think anywhere makes literally everything

The Greater Los Angeles Area.

Test me.

anywhere a person would actually want to be

OH SO YOU ONLY CARE ABOUT FOOD ARGUMENTS I SEE HOW IT IS

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    I just put unagi sauce on everything.

• Options
    Elendil wrote: »
    if activision ruins sekiro that company is dead to me

The shadows die three times (for 5.99)

• Options
    SniperGuy wrote: »

Did they? Isn't it just the battlepass shit?

Which of course, is ridiculously slow to level up considering it's a 60 dollar game but I'm just gonna go with "don't care about cosmetics"

It's still dumb but I am unaffected since there's no way I can get that shit.

Yeah its the battlepass, but the amount of time required to actually get the stuff in the battlepass without buying stuff is crazy. Its like the worst part of limited events combined with micros.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular

Like seriously tofu is the most flavorless thing I've eaten outside of my mother in laws thanksgiving food.

I don't know and honestly don't care how westerners prepare tofu because they aren't using the core ingredients that come with it in every other culture and just blandly putting it in as some kind of standalone meat substitute and then cackling when it fails because it was put into a position to fail

You could also just stop trying to replace meat with tofu, and just make something good with tofu and appreciate it on its own. I feel like the main reason people think being a vegitarian sucks is because "all fake meats suck", and my answer is, yes, most fake meats suck. So stop trying to approximate meat, and just enjoy all of the enjoyable foods that don't involve meat.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    BSoB wrote: »
    Activision owns blizzard, so it might be that someone read the nerd rage about the diablo mobile and took it seriously.

Seems like a great time to buy, if one was so inclined. A diablo mobile game will be like printing money, but the investors are too stupid to see it.

there's also the recent lower than hoped for earnings report regarding destiny

Yup the entire thing reads like Activision is freaking out at how "poorly" Destiny and CoD had done and are forcing Blizzard's hand to move their IP to mobile games to cash out on the chinese market to help recover some quarterly earnings.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    If you bought Fall Out 76 on pc you can play it now, bethesda turned the servers on early I guess?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    If you bought Fall Out 76 on pc you can play it now, bethesda turned the servers on early I guess?
    presumably accidentally

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

also i just checked and if you didn't buy it you can't play it

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Well Bethesda was being weird waiting to turn them on Wednesday anyway. Don’t be Nintendo. Release games on normal days. That being Tuesday.

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    I'm going to NC in December dad pls make chilli thank u

Ugh spool32
    https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/222532/ing-dad-should-spool32-the-forums-dad

• Options
    BSoBBSoB Registered User regular

also i just checked and if you didn't buy it you can't play it

Fucking Macrotransaction bullshit

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular

"Launch is in a few days, how close are we to squashing all those bugs?"
    "We're... uh... Realistically? We'd need to begin again with a modern game engine."
    "Aight, fuck it, turn the servers on now who cares."

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    In 2025, the Switch v4.0 will be the first generation to support 1080p

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »

You could also just stop trying to replace meat with tofu, and just make something good with tofu and appreciate it on its own. I feel like the main reason people think being a vegitarian sucks is because "all fake meats suck", and my answer is, yes, most fake meats suck. So stop trying to approximate meat, and just enjoy all of the enjoyable foods that don't involve meat.

This is such a bizarre mental hurdle to so many people and it titillates me

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    hahah wandering loool

:):)

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    I'm glad the general societal conversation is turning more to the potential of vegetarian dishes that weren't born as imitations

It'll prepare us well in the resource wars to come

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    The meat mimics (as opposed to meat substitutes like bean burgers that are not necessarily trying to be much like meat in every way) that work best are the ones mimicking meat recipes where almost everything is drowned out by some sauce. You can make an extremely good vegan approximation of the standard fake rib made from cheap pig parts glued together with tons of BBQ sauce added.

Couscous on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Tofu was mostly a protein additive in Japan not a meat substitute. It is there to absorb flavor not produce it. Also not I want mapo tofu. Which has meat and is delicious and spicy.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Aioua wrote: »

"We're... uh... Realistically? We'd need to begin again with a modern game engine."

Its amazing to me that they are still using their engine even after it keeps being a major issue with every release that uses it.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    I'm glad the general societal conversation is turning more to the potential of vegetarian dishes that weren't born as imitations

It'll prepare us well in the resource wars to come

i honestly think vegetarian and vegan substitution-type meals are what turn a lot of people off to the idea in the first place

vegan hot dogs and cheese slices are just atrocious

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I like food very much

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    In 2025, the Switch v4.0 will be the first generation to support 1080p

This is Nintendo. It's more likely they'll buy all the LCD panel patents and sue anyone who tries to manufacture one over 720p.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    What is an open world Bethesda game that doesn’t randomly speed up a bucket you accidentally knocked over to Mach 5 and take off your quest contact’s head?

It’s charming in its way.

• Options
    The meat mimics (as opposed to meat substitutes like bean burgers that are not necessarily trying to be much like meat in every way) that work best are the ones mimicking meat recipes where almost everything is drowned out by some sauce. You can make an extremely good vegan approximation of the standard fake rib made from cheap pig parts glued together with tons of BBQ sauce added.

My grocery store carries those beyond meat burger patties so I'm going to snag some later this week to try I think.

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Do you know what is really good with fries

Nando's garlic peri peri sauce

Fffffuck that's good

toum is good with just about everything

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »

Its amazing to me that they are still using their engine even after it keeps being a major issue with every release that uses it.

It's the Chicago Cubs of game engines. "Maybe this time... nope."

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    What is an open world Bethesda game that doesn’t randomly speed up a bucket you accidentally knocked over to Mach 5 and take off your quest contact’s head?

It’s charming in its way.

They should make a Skyrim movie and it should explicitly acknowledge bugs as a canon part of the universe.

• Options
    I am sure the engine Bethesda uses has been modified so much over the years that it doesn't count as the same engine.

This discussion has been closed.