Options

[WoW] The war fronts moves on Stromgarde!

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    How do these 14th Anniversary green dragons work? I've flown out to Ashenvale and Ferelas to the Emerald Dream portals and neither one of them have a dragon at them.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    I think the green dragons are on a daily rotation, so only one portal will have a dragon on any given day.

• Options
    GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    On moonguard they're located in hinterlands today. Probably the same on other servers.

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    I decided to resub to get ready for the patch, since I always wanted to give the new content a shot anyway. Of course I somehow fucked up keeping all my interface settings and made it worse trying to get them back. Of course this would happen when I decided to hand craft a UI instead of use a canned one. I still have a backup of my old interface. Too bad its from when I used a canned one so why would I even need it :(

At least I have a screenshot of the one I was using right before so I can just build it back up manually. It really was a sweet setup though so its worth working on again.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Gaddez wrote: »
    On moonguard they're located in hinterlands today. Probably the same on other servers.

It's Feralas on Windomere {Windrunner-Darrowmere} but someone said they do pop up in Darkshire

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Well, thanks to the Timewalking event and the 14th anniversary event, my DK has already climbed to 316 with very minimal effort. I will for sure be 320 by the time Horde takes control of Arathi.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    random thought:

if they ever actually make a Bard class, like they joked about that one April Fool's, the artifact weapon interface is actually the perfect solution to letting them use a guitar as a weapon without having more loot slots taken up by unique weapons

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Monk healers are obnoxious, we only won because I stopped playing the game to just follow this gnome around and spam cc/interrupts and take care of this one healer. Before that they single handily kept the entire alliance team allive. Eventually the entire team just stopped what they were doing to chase her away from flags . Did ninja a flag from right under her nose though so that felt nice. Bg demo pvp is coming a long nicely , even though I’m more salty at this game where my team dominated just because all I did was chase this monk away.

• Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    if the monk didnt immediately die after its trinket was down from a bunch of melee your melee dps was garbage. monks are super squishy and if they eat a 5s stun with even 2 people on them who know how to do damage they are dead. if there were 4-5 people around they just werent doing damage or werent focusing for shit.

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    if the monk didnt immediately die after its trinket was down from a bunch of melee your melee dps was garbage. monks are super squishy and if they eat a 5s stun with even 2 people on them who know how to do damage they are dead. if there were 4-5 people around they just werent doing damage or werent focusing for shit.

For the most part it was me and a dh trying to kill them and someone in the chat screaming to focus the healers. Towards the end when everyone started doing it we killed her a bunch but for the first half of the game I was ... highly irate.

• Options
    ive found one of the best things you can do in that situation is focus what other people are attacking as well, and just land well timed cc/interrupts to secure those kills. then eventually there is no one else to attack but the healer. its basically like herding cats as a ghost, but you do what you can to give your team the edge.

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

The anniversary boss Emerald Dragons are just nuts.

Thank goodness for Graveyard zerging.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    It's almost as if they didn't test if they were properly stat squished and just jammed them in there.

reVerse on
  • Options
    reVerse wrote: »
    It's almost as if they didn't test if they were properly stat squished and just jammed them in there.

I feel like the problem is more mechanical. They're a giant "fuck melee" right now.

I mean, they were originally "fuck melee." But now it's worse.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    I don't know, I feel like the mushrooms that Emeriss spawns every two seconds with 1.3 million health and deal 50k damage a second might be slightly untested.

reVerse on
  • Options
    the dragons have been insanely tuned the last couple years as well. It was the same with MC as well really. I think it's just the devs being petty like "you want vanilla? here's vanilla, asshole!"

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    random thought:

if they ever actually make a Bard class, like they joked about that one April Fool's, the artifact weapon interface is actually the perfect solution to letting them use a guitar as a weapon without having more loot slots taken up by unique weapons

I feel like personal loot also lets them get passed this issue as well. I'm actually a bit surprised they didn't move back to putting main stats on rings because IIRC the current setup was in response to concerns about loot tables being too bloated and wanting to make jewelry drops more universal. Honestly, best thing about personal loot is it opens the option to up the loot tables without a huge negative impact on the player base since that means the raid wont' get pissed off after spending months on the final boss and the first things it drops are pieces that no one uses in the raid group (like a gun because there are no hunter, an int shield when they don't have shamans or paladins and a str 1H weapon because they don't have any plate wearer. Pretty sure that's an easy feat for a 10M raid group).
    Shadowhope wrote: »

The anniversary boss Emerald Dragons are just nuts.

Thank goodness for Graveyard zerging.

I doubt they did any quality testing. I know my friend that got a beta invite mentioned that you couldn't create anything below 110. I get they wanted to focus testing on end game, which they did a shit job at, but given how changed so much with some specs and classes, plus stat squish. It was really fucking stupid to not do a few days where they made people roll characters within certain level ranges to make sure stuff at those levels was accessible. A ton of stuff was a real shit show and continues to be with some event stuff because they made no real fucking attempt at quality control before release.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    I assume the green dragons don't do their debuff anymore, where if you die to them you get a debuff that makes it so you take more damage from them to try to dissuade zerging them?

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    I cant express how bullshit gating Siege of Boralus behind mythic is. As a casual player, who plays a dps, there is no effective way to even try and run it. I'd have to troll the chat logs for dozens of hours (or at least more than the four so far) to try and form a group. The group finder system has nothing.

What fucking bullshit. Mythic is for guild content and for pushing the upper envelope of content, not gating the goddamn main story quest behind.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Enc wrote: »
    I cant express how bullshit gating Siege of Boralus behind mythic is. As a casual player, who plays a dps, there is no effective way to even try and run it. I'd have to troll the chat logs for dozens of hours (or at least more than the four so far) to try and form a group. The group finder system has nothing.

What fucking bullshit. Mythic is for guild content and for pushing the upper envelope of content, not gating the goddamn main story quest behind.

Have you posted your own group in the Group Finder?

• Options
    Yeah. Spent four hours with one up, plus advertising in trade. Nothing but get guds, lols, and other garbage taunts to a simple "LFM Siege of Boralus Mythic - Story Completion"

• Options
    Frankly, its unacceptable enough that I unsubbed again. I just spent four days juggling for time between family and work obligations to finally finish the Jiana story arc. And when I do I'm pretty much told that being a casual player is no longer even an option to do the main story quests. What garbage.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    You might have better luck finding a low keystone run of the dungeon instead. A +2 up to maybe +4 or +5. It's functionally identical to the base Mythic, zero or only one affix, not a major jump in mob HP or damage, but people are far more likely to be running it since keystones are useful content and base mythics are not.

If you had a group up and nobody was joining it then it sounds like nobody wants to do it, which is a problem that would not be solved by being able to queue for it since nobody would be queuing.

• Options
    edited November 2018
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    You might have better luck finding a low keystone run of the dungeon instead. A +2 up to maybe +4 or +5. It's functionally identical to the base Mythic, zero or only one affix, not a major jump in mob HP or damage, but people are far more likely to be running it since keystones are useful content and base mythics are not.

If you had a group up and nobody was joining it then it sounds like nobody wants to do it, which is a problem that would not be solved by being able to queue for it since nobody would be queuing.

This is the point. If no one is wanting to do it, and it is the climax to the main fucking story, something is wrong.

Anger and extreme disappointment are warring in equal measure here. I was finally excited to have a half week to play WoW after months of work and family being too busy to log in for more than a half hour here and there, and now, because I'm not able to commit the time to being in an established guild, I can't actually finish the story I spent 70 bucks for the collectors edition for plus sub time.

Enc on
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular

That's not how this works at all man

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2018

Why? The only difference between queueing for a specific Heroic and posting in the group finder for a specific Mythic is the user interface. If nobody applies to the group finder group, nobody would be in the hypothetical queue either.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    edited November 2018

This is the point. If no one is wanting to do it, and it is the climax to the main fucking story, something is wrong.

People do want to do it. They just don't want to do it on an irrelevant difficulty level, apparently. The story experience is the exact same running a Keystone version.

There's no real separation between base Mythic and keystone difficulties like you are suggesting. I find it hard to imagine there were no Siege of Boralus groups in the finder at all. If you restrict yourself to only base Mythic, maybe, but there's no reason to do that.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    edited November 2018

Why? The only difference between queueing for a specific Heroic and posting in the group finder for a specific Mythic is the user interface. If nobody applies to the group finder group, nobody would be in the hypothetical queue either.

Dude, are you like... that disconnected that you don't even know how the dungeon finder queue works?

hippofant on
  • Options

The group finder interface takes time and work. People can queue up and do other things - I'm currently queue'd for a Timewalking instance, and I'm able to freely ignore that section of the interface and wait for it to pop while I go around doing pet quests.

The group finder interface puts people who are undergeared, "the wrong class," or lacking in-game accomplishments at a disadvantage. The auto-queue never goes "Shadow Priest? Ret Paladin? [insert spec/class combination perceived to be weak]? 339 iLevel? No AOTC? LOL, no."

If you make something easier to do, more people would do it. I've done exactly one Mythic so far, and it was just to get the quest done. If I could queue Mythic 0, I'd have done a lot more of them.

• Options
    Coconut MonkeyCoconut Monkey Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Yeah. Spent four hours with one up, plus advertising in trade. Nothing but get guds, lols, and other garbage taunts to a simple "LFM Siege of Boralus Mythic - Story Completion"

The mechanics of LFD and the group finder aside, that is bizarre. I've seen plenty of mythic 0 groups being advertised in the group finder, and I joined a number of them back when my hunter first capped a couple of weeks ago. Were you advertising during peak play time? Maybe you have to be a tank or healer to get things off the ground for 0 these days. :/

Also, out of curiosity, what was your gear ilvl at the time? I'm not going to be an ilvl snob about it, but perhaps everybody else (with certain addons and brief mouse-overs of your name) was.

Coconut Monkey on
  • Options

The group finder interface puts people who are undergeared, "the wrong class," or lacking in-game accomplishments at a disadvantage. The auto-queue never goes "Shadow Priest? Ret Paladin? [insert spec/class combination perceived to be weak]? 339 iLevel? No AOTC? LOL, no.

This was clearly not the issue, since he made his own group and didn't get any interest.

• Options
    EvermournEvermourn Registered User regular
    edited November 2018

The group finder interface puts people who are undergeared, "the wrong class," or lacking in-game accomplishments at a disadvantage. The auto-queue never goes "Shadow Priest? Ret Paladin? [insert spec/class combination perceived to be weak]? 339 iLevel? No AOTC? LOL, no.

This was clearly not the issue, since he made his own group and didn't get any interest.

Did it occur to you that perhaps people who don't want to deal with the group finder won't be in the group finder? I know that when I'm doing storyline quests, as soon as it gets to a mythic dungeon, I'm done, I don't have any interest in trying to get a group that way, it's just not fun to me. I like playing, not applying for groups, I did enough that in Everquest in 2001. It's bizzare how Blizzard is intent on trying to force folks into this for the second expansion in a row.

Evermourn on
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    I'm thinking that if you are willing to go to such lengths to avoid playing with other people turn maybe you are playing the wrong game.

Honestly it sounds like some of you would be happy if they developed 4 bots that you could queue dungeons with and the rest of your time would just be soloing.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    He also might not be able to do the quest in m+ because you cant in most cases. Also if you list a group use all the stupid buzzwords they want to see like “quick run”. If someone sees “for story” they just think someone undergeared wants a carry.

There must be something else youre doing wrong though. I applied for a +0 atal dazar and got invited like 10s later as balance.

• Options
    He also might not be able to do the quest in m+ because you cant in most cases. Also if you list a group use all the stupid buzzwords they want to see like “quick run”. If someone sees “for story” they just think someone undergeared wants a carry.

There must be something else youre doing wrong though. I applied for a +0 atal dazar and got invited like 10s later as balance.

You absolutely can do quests in M+. Anything that involves finishing the dungeon, which is all the Siege one needs.

• Options
    I'm thinking that if you are willing to go to such lengths to avoid playing with other people turn maybe you are playing the wrong game.

Honestly it sounds like some of you would be happy if they developed 4 bots that you could queue dungeons with and the rest of your time would just be soloing.

Given the toxicity of much of the playerbase, I daresay this might be the superior option.

• Options
    Didnt you have to talk to an npc to finish it? Maybe they changed it since legion, but in legion i know the game wouldnt let you do quests in m+.

• Options
    Didnt you have to talk to an npc to finish it? Maybe they changed it since legion, but in legion i know the game wouldnt let you do quests in m+.

Jaina spawns in M+, as she's also the "teleport out" shortcut.

Quests could absolutely be done in Legion, just not the world quests or profession ones that required specific rare mobs from inside, or items to pick up. Any quest that just requires finishing the dungeon or killing something that's in M+ like an earlier boss has always been doable in M+, for example the quests you used to get for dungeons from your mission table in Legion.

• Options
    I've still yet to hear any decent reason why a dungeon should be mythic-only.

• Options
    edited November 2018
    hippofant wrote: »
    I've still yet to hear any decent reason why a dungeon should be mythic-only.

Because Blizzard has decided that having a substantial amount of content require groups is part of their design philosophy and that preferring to only solo should restrict you heavily. This has been a pretty constant theme since at least the launch of Warlords, it's not a new trend.

They've drawn the line between soloing and grouping at Mythic dungeons, and lock some interesting stuff behind some of them to encourage players to try them.

Finding ways to encourage players to group up is naturally going to be part of the design philosophy of an MMO, there doesn't really need to be a better reason than that.

Dhalphir on
This discussion has been closed.