As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Black security guard apprehends shooter outside Illinois bar, then gets shot by police

14567810»

• Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Meh, you seem to be working hard to be geese about this for no reason.Which is going to be the bigger distraction? 'OMFG, somebody just dropped a big chunk of change! Who could it be!' *internet detectives try and busily internet detective* Or 'named celeb makes big donation.' Maybe I just have the wrong newsfeeds, but I haven't heard him making any statements about it.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Meh, you seem to be working hard to be geese about this for no reason.Which is going to be the bigger distraction? 'OMFG, somebody just dropped a big chunk of change! Who could it be!' *internet detectives try and busily internet detective* Or 'named celeb makes big donation.' Maybe I just have the wrong newsfeeds, but I haven't heard him making any statements about it.

I think it's probably more that he has a reputation for making things about himself and has long since burned up all of his benefit of the doubt cards.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    If he does his publicity stunt bullshit with this security guard I'm going to go from disliking him to actively hating him.

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Kanye is from Chicago, he might actually have some human feelings on this one

• Options
    LoisLaneLoisLane Registered User regular
    Mortal Sky wrote: »
    Kanye is from Chicago, he might actually have some human feelings on this one

Kanye also failed to fund his mother’s Chicago-based charity while building a new big house with his wifey. They had to take her name, his mother’s name, off the organization because he kept pulling shut. Don’t put your faith in Kanye.

• Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    He helped people that needed it. That bastard.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    He helped people that needed it. That bastard.

Yes clearly what people are wary of is the monetary help

• Options
    PhasenPhasen Hell WorldRegistered User regular
    Kanye is helping Kanye.

psn: PhasenWeeple
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    This thread isn't about Kanye

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    If you materially help oppressed people, I really don't care about your ego honestly

• Options
    Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    I’m very sorry to say that there has been another incident very similar to the one in the OP.

In this case, Emantic Fitzgerald Bradford Jr was shot dead by police as they responded to the shooting of an 18 year old and a 12 year old in a shopping mall in Alabama. He was initially named as the main suspect in the case, as seen here from a local ABC affiliate.

The police are now saying that Bradford, an active duty service member who was on leave for Thanksgiving and the son of a police officer, does not appear to have been the shooter, as the same ABC station are now reporting.

And yes, this is what Bradford looked like, from digital magazine The Root.

The actual shooter remains at large.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    For fuck's sake, America.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    And continuing. General police shootings continue with a 14-year-old boy holding a toy gun. The boy had burglared a car, taken the toy gun from it and ran from the police. Apparently that's enough for you to get shot by the police if you're hispanic. Oh. And the cops initially claimed that they had shot an adult man and that no children were involved. I can tell the difference between a 14-year-old and an adult, why can't the arizona police?

As for Jemel Roberson. The police are still stalling. Despite every cop wearing bodycameras, even after three months there has been nothing.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    And continuing. General police shootings continue with a 14-year-old boy holding a toy gun. The boy had burglared a car, taken the toy gun from it and ran from the police. Apparently that's enough for you to get shot by the police if you're hispanic. Oh. And the cops initially claimed that they had shot an adult man and that no children were involved. I can tell the difference between a 14-year-old and an adult, why can't the arizona police?

As for Jemel Roberson. The police are still stalling. Despite every cop wearing bodycameras, even after three months there has been nothing.

I don't know what the toy gun looked like, but all the police knew was there was a criminal and then they saw a gun. Not sure how this plays into the security guard shooting either.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Guys, please don’t necro the last awful police shooting incident thread with the latest awful police shooting incident.