Options

What is your religion [chat]?

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    That jerking off on figurines subreddit
    68% of landshark's heart is just congealed fat

like the grinch

thats why his heart grew three sizes right

He was actually having a massive heart attack, health science in Whoville is stuck in the medieval era

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Shark, I don’t think you’ve ever said so much as a word about another person’s weight. You just aren’t that kind of guy. But if you did.

if. you. did.

I would end you.

is it a mitigating factor if I state I was doing this not to gain weight but just to maintain my grossly underfed body on a super thin budget because I was somehow supporting porp (her parents cut her off when she decided to go to school out in NC to be close to me) at the same time via a combination of her part time job, some loans, my tutoring job and my other job as a human lab rat down at the business school and psychology school

Sir Landshark on
    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    VishNub wrote: »
    I remember 2 for $2 Whoppers. And the occasional 2 for $.99. Eating like kings for days in college.

I did the math at one point and determined that the mcflurry had the best $/cal ratio on the menu. So I ate one a day for like, all of college.

I bought frozen pizzas on a $/weight basis.

Yeah, when thin crust cheese is the same price as a thick crust supreme, go with the supreme.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    VishNub wrote: »
    I remember 2 for $2 Whoppers. And the occasional 2 for $.99. Eating like kings for days in college.

I did the math at one point and determined that the mcflurry had the best $/cal ratio on the menu. So I ate one a day for like, all of college.

I bought frozen pizzas on a $/weight basis.

Yeah, when thin crust cheese is the same price as a thick crust supreme, go with the supreme.

surpreme is also the best choice, at least for the cheapo brand I would buy, because the cheese is where you taste the poor quality the most IMO. the toppings were comparatively good.

• Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Plus, supreme has vegetables, making it basically health food.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    That cat permanently looks like its about to sigh plaintively out of inconsolable ennui.

how is kitten Bogart

• Options
    edited December 2018
    porp being the subject of psychological experimentation explains a lot

That's something she has in common with the Unabomber

Edit: Darn it I misread, you were the experiment subject

It might still explain things

BeNarwhal on
  • Options
    BeNarwhal wrote: »

ah I think my post was unclear. fixed it now. I was the one being studied for money.

there would frequently be surveys, tests, etc where you show up and get paid like $10 for a 20 minute study. the ones where they like, hooked you up to an EKG paid more, but the typical one would be some sort of marketing study that was fairly brief.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Shark, I don’t think you’ve ever said so much as a word about another person’s weight. You just aren’t that kind of guy. But if you did.

if. you. did.

I would end you.

is it a mitigating factor if I state I was doing this not to gain weight but just to maintain my grossly underfed body on a super thin budget because I was somehow supporting porp (her parents cut her off when she decided to go to school out in NC to be close to me) at the same time via a combination of her part time job, loans, tutoring and being a human lab rat down at the business school and psychology school

Oh it’s not about why you did it. That part is understandable. But the fact that your body tolerated this, without getting very sick or putting on a tremendous amount of weight...

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Other
    Plus, supreme has vegetables, making it basically health food.

Olives tho

no thank you

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    olives are delicious. the only thing better is anchovy.

• Options

ah I think my post was unclear. fixed it now. I was the one being studied for money.

there would frequently be surveys, tests, etc where you show up and get paid like $10 for a 20 minute study. the ones where they like, hooked you up to an EKG paid more, but the typical one would be some sort of marketing study that was fairly brief.

lol I think you edited your post, I reread it and thought I was an idiot, edited MY post, and we just had a politeness-off because neither of us wanted to communicate unclearly :P

Well that works out fine then, but you tell us if you ever feel like a post secondary institution needs to be more exploded than it currently is, okay

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »
    I was helping someone in our American office with a tech problem and they said I had a lovely manner and didn’t make her feel like an idiot like the tech guy at her old place and I’m all : )

Is this just down to your poor insult localisation?

I don’t wanna get fired so I’m absolutely killing it at being nice.

• Options
    Most people who opt for max calories per dollar diets end up very fat. This is why poor people are more likely to be obese despite having less money for food.

• Options

if. you. did.

I would end you.

is it a mitigating factor if I state I was doing this not to gain weight but just to maintain my grossly underfed body on a super thin budget because I was somehow supporting porp (her parents cut her off when she decided to go to school out in NC to be close to me) at the same time via a combination of her part time job, loans, tutoring and being a human lab rat down at the business school and psychology school

Oh it’s not about why you did it. That part is understandable. But the fact that your body tolerated this, without getting very sick or putting on a tremendous amount of weight...

Yeah, i'm pretty sure I was still running a calorie deficit though. I only had 2 meals a day. the mcflurry, and then whatever porp cooked for dinner. so less than 2k cals/day and I was doing about 10 hrs of fairly intense cardio per week. 135 lbs at 6' tall is probably getting into unhealthy levels of underweight.

I'll chalk the not getting sick part up to being young.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Echo wrote: »
    3:25 pm, pitch black outside.

4:18, our automatic window blinds go down.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Bogart wrote: »
    That cat permanently looks like its about to sigh plaintively out of inconsolable ennui.

how is kitten Bogart

He is frisky. Absolutely manic action for two hours, then several hours of sleep. He has learned how to bat the PS4 controller out of my hands if he wants attention, how to go from the floor to the fourth shelf of a bookcase in less than a second via the comfy chair and the drinks cabinet, just how funny it is to jump on the bed if Mrs Bogart lets him in when I'm drowsy and then peek over the top of the duvet and literally boop me on the face and sundry other crowd-pleasing tricks.

• Options

if. you. did.

I would end you.

is it a mitigating factor if I state I was doing this not to gain weight but just to maintain my grossly underfed body on a super thin budget because I was somehow supporting porp (her parents cut her off when she decided to go to school out in NC to be close to me) at the same time via a combination of her part time job, some loans, my tutoring job and my other job as a human lab rat down at the business school and psychology school

It took close to a decade after college to get out of this mindset. Even when the food budget wasn't an issue I still shopped like a depression-era grandmother.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    I remember driving 45 minutes for Chalupas

• Options
    Most people who opt for max calories per dollar diets end up very fat. This is why poor people are more likely to be obese despite having less money for food.

It's something I had to retrain myself out of coming out of homelessness

For better or worse, when I was doing the max calories/$ dieting, I was also doing max alcohol/$ which meant I would eat a lot of high-calorie cheap food, drink a lot of high-proof cheap booze, vomit up everything, and maybe that vomiting was ultimately better for me than trying to process all of that intake >_>

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Having one of those metabolisms that seems to send vast quantities of consumed food to the nega-dimension rather than, say, my waist, isn't a superpower I would have picked first, but it's nice to have.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    I don’t shop like a depression era grandmother anymore, that wasn’t so hard a habit to break after grad school. But I still use leftovers like one. That I figured was a habit worth keeping and cultivating. Food does not belong in the trash.

Leftover chicken becomes soup. Leftover vegetables get minced and cooked into omelettes. Leftovers are always eaten preferentially over newly cooked food, doctored to taste better if necessary.

Fruit going off is used for baking not thrown out.

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    BSoBBSoB Registered User regular
    I don't have any ultra-poor college student survival stories.

I once went to a party and the alcohol i brought was on the lower end of mid tier.

• Options
    3:25 pm, pitch black outside.

4:18, our automatic window blinds go down.

I need you to spend a winter or two in, like, southern Germany or something

Nothing too extreme, we don't want to overexcite you, but nobody deserves this!

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    This is a hell of a thread to steam me thinks, ESPECIALLY for indie games

• Options
    Nice! Steam might just be forced to do the same (and they’ll survive just fine on only 12%). Competition is the best.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Other
    olives are delicious. the only thing better is anchovy.

Olives are wonderful

@Variable wanted to talk about olives yesterday, did we get around to it? I left abruptly.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    There’s a giant pack of overripe bananas in my freezer that I should use to make banana bread soon.

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    There’s a giant pack of overripe bananas in my freezer that I should use to make banana bread soon.

And then mail to Narwhal

Actually I think I also have bananas in my freezer, never mind

We both have work to do!

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Other

idk man

will they get the critical mass they need? Why not just sell on both platforms? If they demand exclusivity it'll either fragment the player base or fail.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    The joke option

I already use gog and Steam - I don't need any more platforms.

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    The joke option
    I don’t shop like a depression era grandmother anymore, that wasn’t so hard a habit to break after grad school. But I still use leftovers like one. That I figured was a habit worth keeping and cultivating. Food does not belong in the trash.

Leftover chicken becomes soup. Leftover vegetables get minced and cooked into omelettes. Leftovers are always eaten preferentially over newly cooked food, doctored to taste better if necessary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr2PlqXw03Y

• Options
    edited December 2018
    spool32 wrote: »

idk man

will they get the critical mass they need? Why not just sell on both platforms? If they demand exclusivity it'll either fragment the player base or fail.

Doesn’t seem like they are demanding exclusivity. It would be up to developers if they sell both places. I can certainly see games for sale in both places but being more expensive on steam.

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    The joke option

what about the giant thing of lettuce you bought aspirationally that hasn't been touched and is now slimy

• Options
    wandering wrote: »

what about the giant thing of lettuce you bought aspirationally that hasn't been touched and is now slimy

Good news it's probably poison for you now anyway and you are legally obligated to throw it away! :surprised:

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    The epic launcher has already had other games

They got everyone to download it by giving them Shadow Complex for free!

But no one cared!

If people actually put games on there I can see it getting the younger audience who are invested in fortnite but Steam is so entrenched and my library there is already so large there's no chance I'll buy stuff on the epic launcher unless it's the only option.

• Options

people make this joke a lot but when I buy lettuce, several meals will be giant salads to consume it proactively.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »

idk man

Doesn’t seem like they are demanding exclusivity. It would be up to developers if they sell both places. I can certainly see games for sale in both places but being more expensive on steam.

Doesn't Epic games currently have questionable security? Or account service issues?

I recently had to deactivate mine because every single day it was getting pinged for brute force attacks and they would just send emails that said "you have tried to log in too many times!".

Every single day.

When I searched this seemed like a common thing.

I haven't touched anything with that account in literally years so it was no big deal to deactivate it but I saw some annoyed Fortnite players on reddit talking about the issue.

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular

Good news it's probably poison for you now anyway and you are legally obligated to throw it away! :surprised:

Eat the poison lettuce to further enhance weight loss

Health tips with [chat]

This discussion has been closed.