As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] Old Thread.

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    TeaSpoon wrote: »
    Concerns about Sieghard

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/a3q6a0/unit_review_sieghard_final_fantasy_brave_exvius/

A handy review of Sieghard that addresses your concerns.

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    I think the point of his magic cover is to soak up big nukes with reraise on specific turns or thresholds so you can bring 1 tank.

• Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Cruor wrote: »
    Concerns about Sieghard

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/a3q6a0/unit_review_sieghard_final_fantasy_brave_exvius/

It doesn't really, though. I mean, his big thing is that he can get 100% passive provoke without sacrificing as many stats. Okay. But now he's not as good at elemental tetris. Use his ability for provoke and you sacrifice his free turns. Make him cover on top of that and he literally has no free turns. Tanking is all he does.

I just like units with multiple roles. I don't like tight turn orders because fuck it up once and you get wiped. And I always fuck up the turn order in every battle ever.

[edit] Wilhelm and Basch always have turns free for other shit. Wilhelm can give me higher DM or an LB generation buff. Basch can break. He can use items if necessary. Free turns are great. I love them. I want as many as possible.

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    His magic cover must be bugged. It's supposed to be a 2 turn cool down according the JP unit stats.

EDIT: or GUMI nerfed him for some reason.

Edit Edit: Seems it's just Reddit that lists 2 turns.

Trajan45 on
    Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Concerns about Sieghard

It doesn't really, though. I mean, his big thing is that he can get 100% passive provoke without sacrificing as many stats. Okay. But now he's not as good at elemental tetris. Use his ability for provoke and you sacrifice his free turns. Make him cover on top of that and he literally has no free turns. Tanking is all he does.

I just like units with multiple roles. I don't like tight turn orders because fuck it up once and you get wiped. And I always fuck up the turn order in every battle ever.

[edit] Wilhelm and Basch always have turns free for other shit. Wilhelm can give me higher DM or an LB generation buff. Basch can break. He can use items if necessary. Free turns are great. I love them. I want as many as possible.

Well at least you've learned a lesson about impulse pulling?

I personally would love Sieg, as he's beautiful. Also he's better than M.Ramza in pretty much every regard besides M.Rqmza's innate Ribbon but proper gearing makes that a non-issue.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Is he beautiful? Is that something that's comes up in the story? I don't know, because I skipped everything.

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    It won't stop coming up, if you catch my drift.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    It won't stop coming up, if you catch my drift.

His penis. It's his penis.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    It looks like the off banner rainbows are flowing in here. Threw four tickets at the banner to get my ticket number to be divisible by five because I must have that. Number four came down straight rainbow Gilgamesh #4.

Why yes I will take that helmet thank you.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    There is a bundle for 35k Gil that has a ticket, 4* ticket, 5 expansion vouchers, a 5% Moogle and some max level king minituars. Make sure you get it, it's a stupid good value.

• Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    There is a bundle for 35k Gil that has a ticket, 4* ticket, 5 expansion vouchers, a 5% Moogle and some max level king minituars. Make sure you get it, it's a stupid good value.
    Just buy it!. 35k Gil is nothing.

• Options
    I kinda feel like that bundle is there to distract people who would get salty about the UoCs in the other real money bundles.

• Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    I kinda feel like that bundle is there to distract people who would get salty about the UoCs in the other real money bundles.

I have a feeling that strategy will meet with little success, but I’m happy to grab the bundle!

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Reddit has the valuation on those bundles pretty high, but I have no idea what they're valuing the UoC tickets at.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    I'm going to pass on those bundles, personally. I still have a lot of regrets about the $100 bundle.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Sounds like the Bonus Stage isn't too bad. Last stage has you do ST attacks against the dire rat so that's a big one. If you kill the small ones then it gains a huge boost in damage. Have a provoke tank with elemental resist at 100% for fire, lighting, water, wind, earth and dark.

Second stage is a gigantaur, does 10k damage fixed against a ST... Unless you use an ability, which it then uses that attack against 3 people. Limits/items/magic is fine.

urahonky on
  • Options
    I keep flip-flopping on Sieghard. I had a big freakout yesterday about his 2-turn rotation. Now I can't wait to level him up fully. I think I might raid pull today. If they announce amazing enhancements on Tuesday, I'm going to be so annoyed.

• Options
    Don't do what I did and forget to bring a breaker for the bonus stage.

• Options
    Can anyone put up a good breaker or a good ST magic user? CG Sakura, Emperor, or Dragonlord would be wonderful.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    urahonky wrote: »
    Can anyone put up a good breaker or a good ST magic user? CG Sakura, Emperor, or Dragonlord would be wonderful.

Sure, decked out for anything?

Edit: can setup CG Sak, 2b, or Loren.

Trajan45 on
  • Options

I have CG Sakura up now, are there particular killers or resists needed?

• Options

I can put up my Loren. She has Cowered Courage so she can give physical mitigation on her off turns.

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular

All those are magic abilities, they'll trigger the cactus. You want like Rinoa for 3x apocalypse or Barb for tornado spam.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    I'm bringing Barb who can solo the cactaur. I just need anyone to help against Giga Rat. Any beast killers you have and/or high MAG.

Thanks! I'll try it again in a few hours.

urahonky on
  • Options
    I gave CG Sak up right now with ifrit. Do you have 2B or Loren? I can throw 2B up if needed as she'd make a good chainer and breaker.

• Options
    I took Ifrit off of my Loren so that her LB break has less of a chance to accidentally kill the small rats and make the Giga Rat go crazy.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    I'm bringing Barb who can solo the cactaur. I just need anyone to help against Giga Rat. Any beast killers you have and/or high MAG.

Thanks! I'll try it again in a few hours.
    Swapped in ifrit and a magic beast killer, also stuck RoL on her to help with Alterna o the Gigantaur :P

maraji on
  • Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    People already have their Aurora Fryevias. Did you get yours @BlehBlehAmiga ?

• Options
    Haha Christmas units look hilarious. Quad-cast magic chainer who looks like a small girl alchemist, and a TDH chainer who is a nutcracker.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Tifa and Vincent soon, we are also getting a KH collab soon. Won't just be Sora.

We are getting a Facebook alternative, can switch to using Google. Can switch from one to the other.

Cruor on
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Mixer system confirmed for global

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    KH3 looks to be confirmed "soon". Not just Sora.

• Options
    Also Bonus Stage completed! But somehow missed the Esper kill even though he was attacking while Giga Rat died... Ugh. I might try again for that ticket.... So if you guys could keep up your units that would be wonderful.

• Options
    The raid has started. I don't know since when. Everyone go do it. It has rewards and we get community rewards for milestones.

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    They also said we're going to get the separate unit tab for enhancers and selling units. And added expeditions that reward trust %, and those ones won't have a failure chance.

• Options
    Still no SoM announcement. There is more news tomorrow though.

• Options
    I wish someone would ask when we'll get amazing enhancements.

• Options
    I am so excited for the Mixer. I'm gonna get so many unit slots back. Also, super hyped for the Enhancer unit box. Gonna be so much nicer than now.

• Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    Watching the art dev panel now, it's really interesting. Also very unfortunate that so much intricate work goes into such garbage units that no one will use.

• Options
    If the Raid gets to Lvl.99 we all get a 5* EX Ticket, in addition to the other rewards. Neat!

This discussion has been closed.