As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fulfill Your [Destiny 2]

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    TWO DAYS and no drop
    Have any of you guys gotten this
    Can you confirm it exists

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    You could always just buy it from Eva, you know.

• Options
    ...wait really?

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I CANNOT get the Null Taste ingredient for baking
    I've been killing fools with void left and right and it just will not drop

You can buy any ingredient from Eva with 10 essence

• Options
    ffffffffff

• Options
    Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    TWO DAYS and no drop
    Have any of you guys gotten this
    Can you confirm it exists

I had the same thing happen for me with uh... Perfect Taste? Whatever the precision hits one is. And I don't really know how to help. At one point they finally started dropping and have been fairly consistently since then. It miiiight have been after I went into a nightfall to complete some vanguard bounties, but I don't know if that was just a coincidence or not.

Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    this thread is old af and i didn't know if i should necro it or put the effort in to make a new thread but destiny 2 is a very good game now, also cross save went live today

also the game is F2P for like a shitload of content and in a VERY good + smart way imo on Oct 1

• Options
    This is good for folks that haven't checked the G&T D2 thread or any D2 news article lately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVk4PkTG99o

• Options
    I'm hype for Shadowkeep but there's a lot of changes they've talked about that I just can't figure out if I like or not

• Options
    I'm hype for Shadowkeep but there's a lot of changes they've talked about that I just can't figure out if I like or not

LET'S DISCUSS THEM ALL IN DETAIL

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    OK
    I don't really like that all armor is useless when it drops until you spend a bunch of resources on it so you can slot your mods

• Options
    that's a fair take but also i wouldn't characterize it as useless at all, it has stats that affect a plethora of things even before you put any mods on them (some of those stats replace stuff that currently uses a mod slot in armor), and it drops with a random budget on it that you'll be able to slot your perks into at will (it's not like every armor piece starts at 1 or something) - depending on what mods you want in there you might not even need it fully upgraded anyways

like I think the stuff you're way more likely to notice (faster grenade cooldowns, faster melee, faster super recharge) is the stuff they baked into completely unmodded gear via the new stat-lines

the piece that worried ME was the like elemental affinity stuff for specific weapons but I guess if those affinities are just making specific weapons cheaper than the generic "light arms reloader" mods it's...maybe fine.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    They've also said that you'll get a generic set of mods up front that don't have an elemental affinity so that you can start tinkering right away. It'll be a learning curve but man if I don't have to keep 8 sets of gloves on me for the 8 different reasons I need gloves and can just keep one good one that I swap mods around on I will be SO HAPPY.

Also I'm fully aware that the mods menu for armor will be a series of cascading nightmares on console once we've all got 40 armor mods unlocked and I don't care, it's fine.

Also also maybe they will let the API access that shiz and we'll be able to save mod loadouts in DIM?

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    I am 100 percent here for no longer having to delete approximately 5,000 Legendary armor pieces every week because the perks are ass and butt.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    I am 100 percent here for no longer having to delete approximately 5,000 Legendary armor pieces every week because the perks are ass and butt.

I mean you'll still be deleting them for the materials they make, BUT it will be nice to get a set of gear one likes together and be able to customize it.

I haven't researched out what perks for what element I want, but aiming for "I need solar gloves and hat, void gloves and chest, and arc pants" seems waaaaay more attainable than hoping to put a specific perks build together for a specific armor set.

• Options
    Dys wrote: »

I mean you'll still be deleting them for the materials they make, BUT it will be nice to get a set of gear one likes together and be able to customize it.

I haven't researched out what perks for what element I want, but aiming for "I need solar gloves and hat, void gloves and chest, and arc pants" seems waaaaay more attainable than hoping to put a specific perks build together for a specific armor set.

From the reveal stream and Gamescom:
    • Arc: Bows, Pulse Rifles, Machine Guns, Shotguns, Swords
    • Solar: Fusions, Linear Fusions, Rockets, Auto Rifles, SMGs
    • Void: Hand Cannons, Scout Rifles, Grenade Launchers, Sidearms, Sniper Rifles
    • Helmets: Ammo Finder and Targeting mods
    • Arms: Reloader and Grenade mods
    • Chest: Reserves and Unflinching Aim mods
    • Legs: Scavenger and Dexterity mods along with Traction
    • Class Item: Orb Pick Up (Innervation, Better Already, etc.), Super Energy (Light Reactor, Remote Connection, Ashes To Ashes, etc.), and Class Ability (Outreach, Bomber, etc.)

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    i did a 100 group for The Last Wish raid today, first time I saw/completed it. It was...................really cool and fun, what a neat raid. We even did some of the bonus wishes and they were super cool

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    So void hat and chest, and solar gloves and pants for me then. And some arc bits for a pvp set. That sounds easy enough.

Also damn, I don't have a reason to say "arc pants" anymore.

• Options
    edited August 2019
    I'm gonna be all Arc and Solar, maybe a Void arm and/or chest for some HC and grenade stuff too. Pulses, fusions, and MGs are my main loadout.

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    plus exotics! what a time to be alive for building things

• Options
    also: three cheers for world drops sometimes being at-light for you, so there will be 1/30 times where world drops are ever, ever relevant to me as a Gamer™

• Options
    A special community event's going to happen on Mars starting September 3rd with the QoL patch.
    With a bit of extra time before Shadowkeep ships, we thought it would be a good idea to get the community in fighting shape to return to the Moon. Not just you, but the entire community. What better way to focus your attention on the Hive than to challenge you in the ways of old? As we have a Quality of Life update coming on September 3 that touches some Mars content, why not double down and maybe help a few aspiring Wayfarers along the way….

Start: September 3, 10 AM PDT
    End: September 10, 10 AM PDT

Community Objectives:
    • Defeat 175 thousand Wave 7 Escalation Protocol bosses
    • Defeat 300 million Hive on Mars
    • Use 300 thousand Override Frequencies

Mars Nightfalls
    • Defeat Nokris 150 thousand times
    • Defeat Xol 100 thousand times

Rewards:
    Now, this wouldn’t be interesting without rewards. If all objectives are completed during the event, any player to complete at least one Nightfall will be granted a unique emblem, granted to only those who rose to the Mars challenge.

Lost_City_emblem.jpg?cv=3983621215&av=881266524

This also serves as an opportunity for you to further impress Emperor Calus. If the community reaches all the above goals, Calus will unlock additional rewards for successful Menagerie completions. Starting when goals are met, players will be guaranteed two rewards when slotting their runes and opening the chest, and an additional reward will be added each Friday for the remainder of the Season.

Good luck, Guardians. We’ll be watching.

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    T4CT wrote: »
    also: three cheers for world drops sometimes being at-light for you, so there will be 1/30 times where world drops are ever, ever relevant to me as a Gamer™

Blue drops are useless at max level and the soft cap doesn't make them worth holding on to, they should be removed entirely from the game after a certain point in progression, don't @ me.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    They did that in D1, after a certain point all green and later blue drops automatically dismantled into materials as soon as you picked them up.

• Options
    T4CT wrote: »

Blue drops are useless at max level and the soft cap doesn't make them worth holding on to, they should be removed entirely from the game after a certain point in progression, don't @ me.

for sure but purple drops are equally useless and now they won't be! so that's great

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Hey so, did they ever increase the storage size for tints and armor/weapons? One of the big reasons I’ve been annoyed at the game enough to stop playing, is I can’t easily fashion souls my character with different sets (made more difficult by other class character gear being in the same bank vault).

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Hey so, did they ever increase the storage size for tints and armor/weapons? One of the big reasons I’ve been annoyed at the game enough to stop playing, is I can’t easily fashion souls my character with different sets (made more difficult by other class character gear being in the same bank vault).

The overall vault size was increased to 500 at some point, and I think the shader section in your inventory was increased a bit too. Also, with the Collection, for a small fee you can keep pulling any shaders out that you've already unlocked

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Fuck yeah, I’ll probably get back into this then. In about a week, when I get home.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Shadowkeep's new armor system is also gonna make it easier to have armor that looks AND functions the way you want, so something to look forward to!

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    I can’t believe I’m being convinced to play more destiny

• Options
    Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    Not sure when you stopped playing, so some of this you might already know.

So Forsaken increased the vault size to 500, and added collections which is pretty much what it says on the tin. Whenever you get an item it gets added to your collection and for exotics/year 1 gear/shaders/ships/ghosts/sparrows/whatever else I'm forgetting that means you can pull a copy of it out of collections for glimmer/legendary shards/gunsmith materials of varying amounts. This ends up being not quite as useful as it sounds because Forsaken also added armor perks and random rolled armor/weapons back in the game. So all that old year 1 gear is pretty crappy. And you can't pull random rolled gear from the collection (exotic armor can be, but it will have a set, decidedly mediocre, roll). Still, the collection was a great addition.

Forsaken was actually kinda a pain in the ass, fashion-wise. Because a handful of armor sets were better than others since they could roll enhanced perks and had an extra perk to choose from.

But that's changing with Shadowkeep in October! Armor is getting changed into what Bungie is calling Armor 2.0. Armor will basically be a shell, and you can slot mods into it. These mods are similar/identical to the old mods and perks, and you can choose which ones you want on a piece of gear (with some limitations). Mods aren't consumables, and unlock on your account when they drop. So that new mod that just dropped, you can slot it into every piece of gear you own if you wanted. And once Shadowkeep launches, all armor that drops will be armor 2.0, including all the old year 1 gear that is still possible to obtain (so no 2.0 versions of Trials of the Nine gear, for example).

Other than Armor 2.0, all the old eververse armor is getting turned into universal ornaments, which is basically transmog/glamour but limited to the eververse armor. Oh, and shaders/ships/ghost/sparrows that you got from eververse will no longer cost bright dust to pull from the collection.

Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    Are they fixing the map/quest screen to not be an absolute nightmare to navigate/decipher

• Options
    Vann Diras wrote: »
    Are they fixing the map/quest screen to not be an absolute nightmare to navigate/decipher

Yup!

The pursuits tab is getting a bit of a redesign to be less cluttered.

• Options
    Enhanced perks only really mattered if you wanted to hardcore min/max which you didn't really need to do except for going for like, flawless raids and extra difficult content, but it's good that they're just decoupling that stuff altogether

• Options
    I guess the other important reminder is DISMANTLE ALL YOUR EVERVERSE SHIT (shaders/ships/ghosts/sparrows) BEFORE OCTOBER 1ST

cause you'll get a shitload of bright dust and you can just pull it out after oct 1st for no bright dust cost so...just get yourself as much of the currency as you can (even bungie has said this)

if you have a sparrow that rolled with fast summon that you can't bear to part with or whatever then that's fine but otherwise smash that stuff. grind it into lil dust and put it in a sack!!!!!!

• Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    Hey I haven't played in like a year. What should I be doing to prepare for the newer stuff? Going through my inventory and nuking stuff? I don't even remember what all this is...

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Nuke what you dint care about because everything is becoming 750 come expansion time

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Maybe don't nuke weapons, though.

The same announcement that gave us that "everything to 740" news also said some buffs were incoming, but was nonspecific about it

• Options
    Wait will it be totally free to pull Eververse stuff out of the collection

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Wait will it be totally free to pull Eververse stuff out of the collection

No, legendary shards and glimmer instead of Bright Dust for ships, ghosts, shaders and sparrows. Armor pieces are now ornaments that you can put on any other armor for free.

Crippl3 on
This discussion has been closed.