As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Secret Santa 07: Easter Bunnies Apply Here

• Options
    RookRook Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    lol, not at all.... for some reason though I'm getting the picture of a guy walking around wearing nothing but a companion cube over his junk.

Rook on
  • Options
    Ross MillsRoss Mills Mr. California, USARegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Rook wrote: »
    lol, not at all.... for some reason though I'm getting the picture of a guy walking around wearing nothing but a companion cube over his junk.

That wasn't what I had in mind...

NOW IT IS!

(I assume I'll get banned for posting pics)

Ross Mills on
    twitter-a.png
  • Options
    PolagoPolago Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Since I can't find a working camera cable anywhere for my cellphone, words will have to do to describe what treats awaited me back on the third.

-An awesome long written note which was supposed to be read first, though it was at the bottom of the box so it was read last. :D
    -Lego creator: A small pack of Lego which can be used to fabricate three different terrifying beasts, the greatest of which is a gorilla. Gorillas (and Gorillaz) rock!
    -Slinky Jr.: Considering i'm in an apartment that has no stairs, forts and constructs need to be engineers from boxes and other fun things to make elaborate slinky courses. A great endeavour in itself!
    -Nerf: Specifically, the Nerf Reactor pump action ball shotgun. This thing will be getting modded for sure but the idea of a pump action ball shotgun nerf gun is too wonderful in it's own right.
    -Hershey's Kisses: Hot cocoa creme flavour! Had never tried these before but they are amazing! Like a lighter smoother creme chocolate that doesn't ever get sickening. EVER!
    -The Master: A dvd of old kung fu tv movies. Three to one disc! This will compliment the final element of this gift beautifully...
    -Martini Shaker: YAY! Not only have I been hankering for fun drinks (my mainstay is straight distilled vodka), but long long ago I almost became a bartender. This will be nothing short of awesome to compliment dinners or just general evenings with awesome experimental sensations.

Arikado, this is a FANTASTIC goodie sack you sent out and you should be beaming with pride over doing such an awesome job. Thank you! :D

Polago on
  • Options
    WheezerWheezer Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    My loot arrived! Joy!

My santee already told me he sent the package way back in November, but I got it just today.

The envelope I got contained the first three Transmetropolitan albums. I've seen pictures floating here or there on the internet, and I've always wondered which comics they were from. Right up my alley, and a gift I wouldn't have known to buy for myself either!

Gifts.jpg

Thanks a lot Caedere!

Wheezer on
    megamansig.jpg
  • Options
    FugaFuga Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Ross Mills wrote: »
    Also, I received the following, seperately (explaining why I've not opened the cube):
    DSCF1326.jpg

Haha, i actually read "The official boob calendar". O_o

Fuga on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Fuga wrote: »
    Ross Mills wrote: »
    Also, I received the following, seperately (explaining why I've not opened the cube):
    DSCF1326.jpg

Haha, i actually read "The official boob calendar". O_o

Because Cortana's just THAT HOT 0_o

(There's not one Cortana pic in there, but I did get this, separately, from another friend)

Halo__s_Cortana_by_reiq.jpg

Link:
    http://reiq.deviantart.com/art/Halo-s-Cortana-69499233

Ross Mills on
    twitter-a.png
  • Options
    FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    This just look like a naked night elf with lines painted on her body.

Fireflash on
    PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    LewieP wrote: »
    I hope you guys are happy.

My tales of widespread appreciation of my Mum's painting lead her to register on the forums.

No rude jokes for me now.

This is Oxfam unwrapped.

I think the paintings will be done pretty much on a first come first served basis (maybe UK folks prioritised at first, just because shipping will obviously be cheaper), so get those emails off quick.

Well I emailed her, I'd love to get an image for myself, possibly for my friends, too...

Ross Mills on
    twitter-a.png
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Fireflash wrote: »
    This just look like a naked night elf with lines painted on her body.

I suppose. That is, if any image of a half-naked woman with purple skin is just like a night elf.
    the face looks nothing like a night elf

warcraft-night-elf2-1.JPG

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Started Pyschonauts today.

Basticle Santa judgement upgraded from Awesome to Awesome!

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited January 2008
    Dude dude guys.

I got the sweetest secret santa gift from A_ccualt. Pics to follow.

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    So I get in yesterday to find a box on my desk, not really thinking it was a Secret Santa one, since it is January (And no, Accualt, that's not a jab at yah... it was totally worth the wait).

I open it up, and i see these things along with very cryptic notes (oh and a copy of City of Villains ... which sadly did not make the picture because i forgot).

2173662312_e280818e4e.jpg

But wait, you ask. What is that thing BEHIND BLOOPERS WRESTLING?

Why, it's a chest.

2172875121_a007d9250a.jpg

And in this chest... total sweetness:

2172877677_89379a69b0.jpg

It is in fact a custom case for my ping pong paddle (he actually included a different one, but i replaced it with mine, which fits perfectly flush with the mold), and a merch/fleshreaper wristband... and my very own Khoo Headband, all of which i guess his wife taught him to cross stitch.

So sweet!

2172880115_1ef50ee96a.jpg

Thanks man!

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    That's adorable.

LewieP on
  • Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Holy shit, that's awesome!

That Dave Fella on
    PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    OH wait! and he also got me an Optimus Prime Micromachine, which is sitting on my desk.. the reason why it didn't make it into the photo.

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Options
    ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    GODDAMN IT SANTEE RETURN FROM YOUR TRIP I'M DYING

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Oh! right, i had forgotten.

Well, unfortunately, i don't have a camera anymore (my phone doesn't count, it doesn't connect to my computer)

But my roommate does. so i'll post pics as soon as he sends them to me

Mighty on
    Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    bruinbruin Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Wow, Accault

Wow

bruin on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Mighty wrote: »

Well, unfortunately, i don't have a camera anymore (my phone doesn't count, it doesn't connect to my computer)

You got it tho? Thank thy lord.

Improvolone on
  • Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008

you didnt get the PM i sent to your anon-o-pm benefactor?
    i told him i got your package.

Mighty on
    Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    Angel177Angel177 Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    ahhh see thats why i PM'd my santee to find out if he had gotten the package(he has WOOOO! not getting banned) but he's yet to post pics.....:?

Angel177 on
    6103544412_a48002080a.jpg
  • Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    A_ccault that's an awesome gift.

wunderbar on
    XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    My gift is still lost in space, it seems. :(

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Polago wrote: »
    Arikado, this is a FANTASTIC goodie sack you sent out and you should be beaming with pride over doing such an awesome job. Thank you! :D

Glad to hear it!

Your package went through many transitions and in the end I was like "fuck it, I'll just send ALL of it."

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    edited January 2008

you didnt get the PM i sent to your anon-o-pm benefactor?
    i told him i got your package.

No he didn't.
    BAD ELF!

Improvolone on
  • Options
    HybridzergHybridzerg Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Ok, here I am, FINALLY posting the gift I got from toxk_02. I got it like 2 weeks ago, but just haven't gotten to it between christmas, new years, work and other stuff. I got an amazing assortment of gifts, including (in no particular order, spoilered for h-scroll):
    A free round of drinks at Subway (Which is awesome because I need to eat HEALTHY fast food more often)
    102_1387.jpg

Some Blue Moon Beads that look like bees and a centipede or something. Anyway's, they look awesome and I'm sure i'll discover a purpose for them :P
    102_1386.jpg

An awesome black and white photo of some hardcore dude diving for home. Totally going in my room.
    102_1385.jpg

This one was a little unusual, it was a SINGING Spanish-English dictionary.
    102_1384.jpg
    I kid you not, if opened to the page with hermano on it (means "brother" by the way), revealed a little mechanism that play The Final Countdown with a little note saying "Pay attention in Spanish class, mon frere. I guess that means brother in french. I only realized the true awesomeness of this gift until I watched the next part of this awesome series of presents...

...Season One of Arrested Development!
    102_1381.jpg
    I had only seen this show disjointedly a few times on TV, so I had no idea how awesome this show was.

I also got 1600 Microsoft points, which was perfect, because I reaally wanted to buy Psychonauts on Live, but I lacked to points to do so. It's an awesome game, by the way, Yahtzee was totally right.
    102_1382.jpg

And finally, the first installment of the Han Solo Trilogy, The Paradise Snare by Ann Crispin.
    102_1380.jpg
    I had read it already, but I only checked it out from the library, so owning it to reread is AWESOME. Now I really want to but the third, seeing as I already have the second.

So, thank you so much for everything toxk! The gifts were awesome!

Hybridzerg on
  • Options
    toxk_02toxk_02 Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Hybridzerg wrote: »
    Ok, here I am, FINALLY posting the gift I got from toxk_02. I got it like 2 weeks ago, but just haven't gotten to it between christmas, new years, work and other stuff. I got an amazing assortment of gifts, including (in no particular order, spoilered for h-scroll):
    A free round of drinks at Subway (Which is awesome because I need to eat HEALTHY fast food more often)
    102_1387.jpg

Some Blue Moon Beads that look like bees and a centipede or something. Anyway's, they look awesome and I'm sure i'll discover a purpose for them :P
    102_1386.jpg

An awesome black and white photo of some hardcore dude diving for home. Totally going in my room.
    102_1385.jpg

102_1384.jpg
    I kid you not, if opened to the page with hermano on it (means "brother" by the way), revealed a little mechanism that play The Final Countdown with a little note saying "Pay attention in Spanish class, mon frere. I guess that means brother in french. I only realized the true awesomeness of this gift until I watched the next part of this awesome series of presents...

102_1381.jpg
    I had only seen this show disjointedly a few times on TV, so I had no idea how awesome this show was.

I also got 1600 Microsoft points, which was perfect, because I reaally wanted to buy Psychonauts on Live, but I lacked to points to do so. It's an awesome game, by the way, Yahtzee was totally right.
    102_1382.jpg

And finally, the first installment of the Han Solo Trilogy, The Paradise Snare by Ann Crispin.
    102_1380.jpg
    I had read it already, but I only checked it out from the library, so owning it to reread is AWESOME. Now I really want to but the third, seeing as I already have the second.

You're welcome! I was hoping you hadn't read that series but I should have known better. I originally was looking for a Matt Stover book however you seem to have read them all, then I was disappointed to learn his new Star Wars novel isn't out 'til next Oct.

Glad everything got there in one piece and kudos on selecting Psychonauts. :^:

toxk_02 on
    OTP.jpg
  • Options
    MinionOfCthulhuMinionOfCthulhu Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I'm late in saying this, but LewieP's mum rocks. Was a final price ever decided? Methinks I need to start saving my money, because I'd love one in my house.

MinionOfCthulhu on
    mgssig.jpg1152dt.gif
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Minion, apparently your second part is still lost in transit somewhere. It may yet arrive in time for next xmas!

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    I'm late in saying this, but LewieP's mum rocks. Was a final price ever decided? Methinks I need to start saving my money, because I'd love one in my house.

As far as I am aware, she has said she wants to charge her costs (£10 for materials, and however much P&P costs) and then if you want to/can afford to then buy some stuff from Oxfam Unwrapped.

She has requests of (iirc) 6 paintings to do so far, so at a rate of one a month, that's a 6 months waiting time. I say find something you want painted, and email her about it asap.

LewieP on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    toxk_02 wrote: »
    Hybridzerg wrote: »
    102_1387.jpg

102_1386.jpg

102_1385.jpg

102_1384.jpg

102_1381.jpg

102_1382.jpg

102_1380.jpg

You're welcome! I was hoping you hadn't read that series but I should have known better. I originally was looking for a Matt Stover book however you seem to have read them all, then I was disappointed to learn his new Star Wars novel isn't out 'til next Oct.

Glad everything got there in one piece and kudos on selecting Psychonauts. :^:

Haha, that Spanish-English dictionary was so awesome!

urahonky on
  • Options
    MinionOfCthulhuMinionOfCthulhu Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    Minion, apparently your second part is still lost in transit somewhere. It may yet arrive in time for next xmas!

Cross-ocean transit is the gift that keeps on giving! :D

MinionOfCthulhu on
    mgssig.jpg1152dt.gif
  • Options
    SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Package Get!

I got home and found a rain soaked package waiting on my doorstep.
    HPIM0963.jpg
    This is the box. It is very wet.
    HPIM0964.jpg
    !!!

YES! I LOVE PACKING PEANUTS! Wait a second...

It's not just packing peanuts...

It's a game!
    HPIM0965.jpg
    Two games! I've always wanted to try Munchkin, and Puerto Rico looks really cool, too!

There is no name included anywhere on the package. Which amazingly generous person sent me this box of wonder?

SirUltimos on
  • Options
    DekuStickDekuStick Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    So sweet!

2172880115_1ef50ee96a.jpg

Thanks man!

So damn awesome

DekuStick on
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    SirUltimos wrote: »
    Package Get!

I got home and found a rain soaked package waiting on my doorstep.
    HPIM0963.jpg
    This is the box. It is very wet.
    HPIM0964.jpg
    !!!

YES! I LOVE PACKING PEANUTS! Wait a second...

It's not just packing peanuts...

It's a game!
    HPIM0965.jpg
    Two games! I've always wanted to try Munchkin, and Puerto Rico looks really cool, too!

There is no name included anywhere on the package. Which amazingly generous person sent me this box of wonder?

Anything from Rio Grande Games is always wicked

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Oh yeah, this is a nother painting my mum did for me a while back, if anyone is interested -

Kid A

LewieP on
  • Options
    AlphaTwoAlphaTwo Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Gift received. Photos coming soon.

Interesting item description though, for customs: "Book, Necklace"

AlphaTwo on
  • Options
    Fatty McBeardoFatty McBeardo Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Santa visited me today!

Wild BOX appears!
    72i7mdt.jpg

A note! From Notacrook!

6uih3yc.jpg

Vic Firth GET! 1600 XBL points GET! Season One of Flight of the Conchords GET!

7w7lc0o.jpg

Cat is considering your offer... Cat accepts!
    6wvw39v.jpg

An awesome array of gifts! Thank you so much, Notacrook!

There ain't no tea party like my nana's tea party

Hey! Ho!

Fatty McBeardo on
  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Has there been any word from those missing Santas, Captain K?

Note: by posting this, I'm pretty much karmically assuring that my gift arrives tomorrow, thus making me look like a tool.

Bursar on
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    ZarcathZarcath Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Bursar wrote: »
    Has there been any word from those missing Santas, Captain K?

Note: by posting this, I'm pretty much karmically assuring that my gift arrives tomorrow, thus making me look like a tool.

you never think it'll happen to you, and when it does, your world falls apart :( I keep going down to the post office, thinking, TODAYS THE DAY, only to be greeted with bills and male enhancers. I got the short end this year. :(

Zarcath on