Options

[Nintendo Switch] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    IceBurner wrote: »
    I'm still waiting on the release of the 8bitdo SN 30 Pro+ ... what 8bitdo controllers are you using with the Switch in the meantime?

My go-to is the regular SN30 Pro, but I also use the N30 Pro for mobile settings. The SN30 Pro is one of my favorite controllers of all time, who knew that the SNES gamepad could benefit so much from dual analog sticks? I was also using the N30 Pro (soon to be replaced with it's successor once I can scrounge some money together) for the NES NSO games but since the gbros adapter released I've just been using the NES Classic controller instead.

I too have been awaiting the Pro+ and definitely noticed it's release date come and go with no fanfare. I messaged 8bitdo about it but never recieved a reply. Here's hoping it eventually releases.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I don't remember, is there a real difference between the SN30 Pro and the SN30 Pro+? I have a classic SN30 Pro. Is it just the grips that are different?

• Options
    IceBurnerIceBurner It's cold and there are penguins.Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    SN30 Pro+ has grips, redesigned shoulder buttons, and no internal battery. It uses AA's (or was it AAA's?) with plans for a separate rechargeable battery pack.

Assuming it ever comes out.

IceBurner on
    3DS: 3024-6114-2886 | NNID: Rabites | Steam: IceBurner
    PSN: theIceBurner, IceBurnerEU, IceBurner-JP | X-Link Kai: TheIceBurner
    Dragon's Dogma: 192 Warrior Linty | 80 Strider Alicia | 32 Mage Terra
  • Options
    redundant_pairingredundant_pairing Registered User regular
    SN30 Pro+ has grips, redesigned shoulder buttons, and no internal battery. It uses AA's (or was it AAA's?) with plans for a separate rechargeable battery pack.

Assuming it ever comes out.

I've been waiting anxiously but it seems to be vaporware at this time.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    The Toycon Visor is already a thing. Well, not a real thing, a fake thing.

Does the Switch have enough resolution to pull off that type of VR?

edit: Oh, it actually is a real thing, it just doesn't actually do anything. I assumed that it was just a Smash Bros thing.

jothki on
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Obviously they just need to release a new Labo kit that is effectively Google Cardboard but for the Switch.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I'd rather have a plastic one.

Might be why Prime trilogy hasnt been mentioned despite rumors though . . .

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    If older Samsung phones can pull off acceptable VR, I'm sure the Big N could make it work with Switch if they really wanted to.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    Dr. Phibbs McAtheyDr. Phibbs McAthey Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »

Didn't that ship sail before the Switch even released?

• Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Didn't that ship sail before the Switch even released?

"Bad" VR is certainly something they can do with a software update and a helmet case with gyro. Somewhat closer to google cardboard than PSVR. More of a novelty but so is labo.

I mean it should be better than the Virtua Boy at least. Hell it has more than enough resolution to emulate VB games.

rahkeesh2000 on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I'm gonna wait for E3 to go by before I buy a Switch. I'm suspecting a price drop will be happening around that time. There has to be a price drop sometime this year. I'm finally convinced to get one, but I don't want to throw $300 at it.

• Options
    KriegaffeKriegaffe Registered User regular
    Chiming in with 'Daemon X Machina' thoughts after 3 missions.
    * Like the visuals and some of the animation seems cool (skidding around on the ground mainly)
    * Gameplay wise, I just spammed my homing missiles till they ran out then slowly attacked things my pea shooter.
    * There's more cool stuff in this than I know what to do with. Only late in the 3rd mission did I realise I can salvage downed mechs on the fly.
    * Similar to Starlink, I don't like these control systems with Dual-stick movement & Dual-gun firing, but I have to take my thumb off the right stick to boost. I want to boost while circle strafing damnit!
    * And now that I mention it, Starlink has a lot in common with this game. And IMO, in terms of creating the sensation of throwing about a heavy metal death machine, Starlink has a better feel.

• Options
    edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
    So... Tetris 99. I managed to get to 10th place eventually. *blink blink* What day is it? I was just going to play one more game...

• Options
    KriegaffeKriegaffe Registered User regular
    edzepp wrote: »
    So... Tetris 99. I managed to get to 10th place eventually. *blink blink* What day is it? I was just going to play one more game...

I made it to 17th and it was so crazy and stressful.

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Wait, you can use PS4 controllers on the Switch?!

Does that go for Xbox One controllers, too?

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Stardew Valley is pretty good you guys

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Wait, you can use PS4 controllers on the Switch?!

Does that go for Xbox One controllers, too?

Yes, with an adapter.

http://www.8bitdo.com/wireless-usb-adapter/

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    Raybies666Raybies666 Registered User regular
    Disclaimer: I have less than zero interest in VR.

Buying an add on for console/pc that connects to my face is one thing, but strapping my Switch to my face, the actual console itself, seems like a horrendous idea.

Especially for my clumsy ass

Beat me on Wii U: Raybies
    Beat me on 360: Raybies666

I remember when I had time to be good at games.
  • Options
    Dr. Phibbs McAtheyDr. Phibbs McAthey Registered User regular
    I am not opposed to Switch VR, they can certainly make a case for the system being uniquely suited to some experiences. I just remember the idea being floated around a while ago, possibly these very same drawings, and it being roundly dismissed due to lack of power and resolution. It seemed most were in agreement that 720p was far too low a screen resolution to even do "bad" Cardboard VR. I suppose that coupled with the rumor of a hardware revision it enters the realm of possibility again though.

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Latest rumor is that this VR would be introduced as labo, further compounding the idea of it being neither (that) expensive nor good. This is the company that brought us the virtua boy after all, they aren't above compromising quality for affordability, or longevity for novelty.

I woudn't put it past them to use some blurry lenses that help hide the screen-door effect. That can convincingly simulate you being drunk at least. We also don't need fancy 3D to build a world from the kind of simple and bright objects Nintendo loves, especially with this being aimed primarily at its bundled bespoke software.

rahkeesh2000 on
  • Options
    physi_marcphysi_marc Positron Tracker In a nutshellRegistered User regular
    Kriegaffe wrote: »
    edzepp wrote: »

I made it to 17th and it was so crazy and stressful.

I finished 8th. It was purely luck that no one was targeting me before because I suck at Tetris.

Switch Friend Code: 3102-5341-0358
    Nintendo Network ID: PhysiMarc
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    I'm gonna wait for E3 to go by before I buy a Switch. I'm suspecting a price drop will be happening around that time. There has to be a price drop sometime this year. I'm finally convinced to get one, but I don't want to throw $300 at it.
    We shall see :D

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options

Pack it up boys, it's time to retire.

Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular

Pack it up boys, it's time to retire.

Unpack those bags! Get that first place!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    IceBurnerIceBurner It's cold and there are penguins.Registered User regular
    Just found a Reddit thread that says 8bitdo delayed the SN30 Pro+ to Spring 2019.

3DS: 3024-6114-2886 | NNID: Rabites | Steam: IceBurner
    PSN: theIceBurner, IceBurnerEU, IceBurner-JP | X-Link Kai: TheIceBurner
    Dragon's Dogma: 192 Warrior Linty | 80 Strider Alicia | 32 Mage Terra
  • Options
    Just found a Reddit thread that says 8bitdo delayed the SN30 Pro+ to Spring 2019.

Apparently spring turned into summer:

Willing to bet "perfecting" it means adding a rechargeable battery.

Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    edited February 2019

Yeah I can't see the current unit getting a price drop this year. Maybe some more discounted bundles but you're still paying at least $300, because Nintendo loves those sweet profits. If we do get a cheaper unit this year its going to be "compromised" in some way i.e. not dockable out-of-the-box at least, something that is significantly cheaper for them to produce.

When Sony and MS bring on their new systems is when we might see the price get a bit more aggressive.

rahkeesh2000 on
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    Theres already effectively a 35 dollar price drop as I bought one yesterday with a 35 dollar eShop code.
    As a PC gamer, these game prices are nuts, but it's a sweet system.

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular

Yeah I can't see the current unit getting a price drop this year. Maybe some more discounted bundles but you're still paying at least $300, because Nintendo loves those sweet profits. If we do get a cheaper unit this year its going to be "compromised" in some way i.e. not dockable out-of-the-box at least, something that is significantly cheaper for them to produce.

When Sony and MS bring on their new systems is when we might see the price get a bit more aggressive.

Yeah, right now the Switch is selling beyond anyone's wildest imagination. No way they lower the price anytime soon.

But like you say, I could see it happen when the next-gen arrives.

And while they could certainly sell a Dockless Switch I don't think they will. The Dock itself is basically just a hunk of plastic, I doubt they'd be saving more than $10 not having a Dock included.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    They could make a Docked-only Switch :D
    Call it Unswitch!
    It's just like a 3d less 3DS! (i know it isn't, but joke)

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    schuss wrote: »
    Theres already effectively a 35 dollar price drop as I bought one yesterday with a 35 dollar eShop code.
    As a PC gamer, these game prices are nuts, but it's a sweet system.

personally the portability makes it worth over any pc/switch price differences.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Well, I’ve done one whole match and I’m hooked.

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    The attach rate is something like 100,000 games per unit sold, right?

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    DaveTheWaveDaveTheWave Registered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »

Did you do it while you stayed up listening to Queen?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    I had a tetris 99 match were I got KO'd in seconds. The match started and shortly after I had over half a screen of garbage blocks. Didn't even see a whole bunch of players targeting me, must have been the first victim of a tetris pro perhaps.

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    I occasionally browse the new releases on the e-shop and there’s just so damn much every week. It must be heartbreaking to be an indie designer pouring your heart and soul into a game and it just getting lost in the flood.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    I had a tetris 99 match were I got KO'd in seconds. The match started and shortly after I had over half a screen of garbage blocks. Didn't even see a whole bunch of players targeting me, must have been the first victim of a tetris pro perhaps.

Something similar happened to me although I did make one really big mistake.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I've had two number two finishes in Tetris now. It's such an odd feeling of relief and excitement and disappointment at the same time. It pisses my teenage son off that I bounced off Apex hard after one round but won't stop playing Tetris!