As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Would Wolverine's Healing Factor Reverse His Circumcision?

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    No
    I wonder if Wolverine resents the fact that he cannot get any lasting piercings

I feel like piercings aren't that bad. I mean, if he wants a piercing, he has to fresh pierce it, but it will heal up really quickly and then it's in there until he takes it out, y'know? In some ways I feel like I'd be more likely to get piercings with a healing factor. Like, y'know, you want a piercing for an outfit or whatever, you just grit your teeth and do it, and then at the end of the day you can take it out and have it heal back up and not think about it.

Like, for wearing daily earrings it would probably suck, but this is Wolverine we're talking about - the guy who is causing himself pain every time he unsheathes his weapons. I think he would just get used to it.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    No
    Xaquin wrote: »
    I wonder if Wolverine resents the fact that he cannot get any lasting piercings

why not? it'd just heal around his hoop earrings, not force them out

Based on Logan it would - his healing forces the bullets out, then closes up his wounds.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    if he can completely regenerate from separated parts of his body, are there hundreds of Logans running around now, and if not why hasn't anyone seized on this goldmine story opportunity

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    if he can completely regenerate from separated parts of his body, are there hundreds of Logans running around now, and if not why hasn't anyone seized on this goldmine story opportunity

it's only when he touches that one gem

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    I would argue that the phrasing of this question at the top of the thread implies that Wolverine has been circumcised

The use of possessive language, defining Wolverine's circumcision as being his, creates the idea that it is a procedure that has been internalized and is a part of him

Do you think his regeneration is based on his own mental self-image of how his body "should" be? That is to say, if he believes he should be uncircumcised, that being uncircimcised is an integral aspect of who he is, he will regenerate uncircimcised?

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular

wait, how did that gem regenerate the foreign adamantium?

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    Yes
    based on my extensive understanding and comprehension of wolverine's dick

im going with yes

• Options
    PhasenPhasen Hell WorldRegistered User regular
    Yes
    I think we have to review X2 frame by frame until we can determine the nature of adult wolverines genitalia.

psn: PhasenWeeple
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    No
    As a brash youth he lopped it off and visualized an echidna penis, so that's what he's got going on. Ladies.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    No
    No because it would have been done when he was a baby, before mutant powers kick in.

But if he had his wang chopped off now it would regrow circumcised.

But none of it matters because he wouldn't have been circumcised in the time he was born anyway.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Yes
    I feel like what this thread really needs to kick it up a notch is close-up high resolution pictures of Hugh Jackman's dick for reference purposes.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    No
    If wolverine's brain was turned to jelly and he regrew it would he have the mind of a toddler? I'm sure the comics have done this, what's their solution, professor-x magic?

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    his regeneration is magic and restores his brain just as it was before it was damaged

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited March 2019

wait, how did that gem regenerate the foreign adamantium?

It didnt. God wolverine just reset everything

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    I'm glad we could come together to solve this medical mystery

Now, if you'll direct your attention to my diagrams of Wolverine's sweat-

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    No
    -Tal wrote: »
    I would argue that the phrasing of this question at the top of the thread implies that Wolverine has been circumcised

The use of possessive language, defining Wolverine's circumcision as being his, creates the idea that it is a procedure that has been internalized and is a part of him

Do you think his regeneration is based on his own mental self-image of how his body "should" be? That is to say, if he believes he should be uncircumcised, that being uncircimcised is an integral aspect of who he is, he will regenerate uncircimcised?

Would this conception get affected by his repeated bouts of amnesia?

Is the Wolverine that we have today a product of his changing self-image, and therefore different from previous Wolverines as a result? Would we even recognize a young Wolverine, or would he be an entirely different person who has eventually regenerated himself into his modern incarnation?

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    Yes

Is the Wolverine that we have today a product of his changing self-image, and therefore different from previous Wolverines as a result? Would we even recognize a young Wolverine, or would he be an entirely different person who has eventually regenerated himself into his modern incarnation?

wolverine being super into danzig would explain so much

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Yes
    So wait, if little toddler wolverine skinned his knee real bad and left scars, they wouldn't get regenerated away once his mutant powers kicked in during puberty? Becuase I feel like they would.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    No
    I'm specifically thinking a bunch about Wolverine's tendency to view himself as a bit of a monster.

What if he was extremely handsome as a young man? You know, a real Hugh Jackman type? But his poor self-image led him to regenerating and regenerating and regenerating until he'd fully Ship of Theseus'd himself into a weird hairy growl boy.

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    How do we know he is?

• Options
    HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    No
    Some wounds never heal

vEaRQgH.png
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Yes

Mother.

• Options
    No
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »

Mother.

DON'T LET YOUR CHIIIILDREN WALK MY WAY

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Super healing powers require the body to somehow know what is allowed to regenerate based on the desires of the person or else you end up with questioning how their muscles can become stronger given how building muscles works, how they grow at all, etc.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular

Wolverine is a crystal gem.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Liiya wrote: »
    How do we know he is?

I feel like there’s a very US centric cultural assumption here.

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    No
    Does Wolverine's flesh heal over his Prince Albert?

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Yes
    Tube wrote: »
    How do we know he is?

Especially considering he was born in northern Canada in the 1800's

• Options
    Bucketman wrote: »
    How do we know he is?

Also hes evolved from wolf people

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    How do we know he is?

Also hes evolved from wolf people
    Shush that has been erased from history and will never be mentioned again

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    How do we know he is?

Exactly what I was thinking! Unless it's a Canadian thing too I dunno.

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    No
    If I remember right Canada's at around 1/3 circumcised currently, though in the mid 1900s we were around 50%.

• Options
    Psykoma wrote: »
    If I remember right Canada's at around 1/3 circumcised currently, though in the mid 1900s we were around 50%.

These are the facts we need bringing to the table.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    While I think the question of whether Wolverine even would be circumcised is interesting, it is tangential to the question of if a healing factor like the one he has would reverse a circumcision.

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular

Its worse in Canada, you have to have a Lumberjack do it. As is tradition.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    No

Its worse in Canada, you have to have a Lumberjack do it. As is tradition.

That's only if you're one of the hoity toity southerners, if I remember right wolverine was a northerner, and if he had it done it would have been done using a beaver.

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Yes
    I can't speak for all of Canada but Quebec accounts for about a quarter of the country's population and for various cultural reasons circumcision has basically never entered the culture here.

sig.gif
  • Options
    SimBen wrote: »
    I can't speak for all of Canada but Quebec accounts for about a quarter of the country's population and for various cultural reasons circumcision has basically never entered the culture here.

Viva le Jay Sherman!

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Yes
    How do we know he is?

Exactly what I was thinking! Unless it's a Canadian thing too I dunno.

I was actually wondering the same thing. Dunno if Albertans get snipped.

Here the combination of it being an American, anglophone and protestant idea meant it never had a chance.

sig.gif
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    I think there was a movie where his brain healed pretty well but recorded memories didn't come back.

It could be fun to only have piercings sometimes.

This discussion has been closed.