As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Division 2] Launching in March! Beta has started.

• Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    I died the other night after forgetting to swap my heal skill back in for oxidizer chem launcher after leaving a group and gassing myself in the middle of a street fight

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Corrosive is a good time. I sometimes regret not having healing goo, but then I splatter something scary and feel better about my life choices.

... Then I get blown up a bit and regret shouts at me from cover again.

-Ooh. Just got a +2 ammo mod I can't activate yet. Ooh! And a double barrell sawed off!

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    I'm still a couple levels shy of 30, but airbust seeker mine is real fun for initiating fights. Particularly with my backpack that gives +20% explosives damage, and 25% chance to reset cooldown on skill kill ( which has never procced yet)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    I died the other night after forgetting to swap my heal skill back in for oxidizer chem launcher after leaving a group and gassing myself in the middle of a street fight

best TOTP. if only it was fire launcher.

also, you can get straight +armor regen on mods. Like, not the patience talent, but raw regen.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    It’s shocking how much better the battle bot is than the bomb rc car. One slowly loudly plods over to you with a friendly red target to blow up good, the other shows up outta nowhere to cut off your feet and makes you bleed out through your armor. Doesn’t give a shit about stairs it’ll find you. The only safety is chest high walls you can stand on.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    I'm using the stupid seeker mine right now because there is a commendation to get like 10 kills using four different skills. The turret one was easy. Seeker mine is taking forever since it is very much non-lethal in nature. Its actually kind of challenging to get some random mooks down to like 1hp and then toss the seeker at them so that it targets the weak guy and not scurrying off in some random direction to explode pointlessly against cover somewhere.

26904.png
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Basil wrote: »
    -Ooh. Just got a +2 ammo mod I can't activate yet. Ooh! And a double barrell sawed off!

Squirrel gun has climbed my list of favorite side arms quickly. I hear a coked out Hyena rusher closing on my position, I double tap Y, aim at a 30 degree angle and remove their head.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Page-Page- Registered User regular
    Stupid wrote: »
    I'm using the stupid seeker mine right now because there is a commendation to get like 10 kills using four different skills. The turret one was easy. Seeker mine is taking forever since it is very much non-lethal in nature. Its actually kind of challenging to get some random mooks down to like 1hp and then toss the seeker at them so that it targets the weak guy and not scurrying off in some random direction to explode pointlessly against cover somewhere.

Hit endgame and tooling around wt1 clearing out strongholds. Seeker mine (cluster) is still my go-to secondary skill after chem launcher. It effectively kills reds en masse, and if they don't die it still flushes the whole area out of cover and marks everyone better than pulse does. It also has a low cd compared to everything else, so I can use it multiple times in fights. Would recommend.

Dipped into specialization. I like the idea of the survivalist drone, but still too long a CD. I also like survivalist grenades and the extra sg damage (since it's the weapon of choice), but it's so boring otherwise. Demo has the best signature weapon by far, but the mortar turret is such a letdown. Having to manually aim and fire it is so cumbersome that I may as well shoot the bad guys or throw a grenade. I thought maybe use it on a heavy to see if the damage worked out. As soon as I dropped the turret, he runs over and instantly stomps it to bits. Nice use of a 2+ minute CD

Maybe there's something in the scaling. I mostly solo and occasionally duo main missions and never ran into the spikes mentioned here. Got a group of 3 for the second stronghold and it was over so fast it wasn't even fun. Black Tusk is fun and I'm enjoying the new dynamic

Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    Basil wrote: »
    Corrosive is a good time. I sometimes regret not having healing goo, but then I splatter something scary and feel better about my life choices.

... Then I get blown up a bit and regret shouts at me from cover again.

I've noticed that the voices in my head always say the same thing, "Get down you idiot before... ugh, never mind."

• Options
    It is hot bullshit that you fail a bounty if you die ever once it is activated, even if it was in ways having nothing to do with the bounty. Also fun when the projects that give bounties autocomplete as soon as you complete the last criteria, unlike the other projects you have to turn in at the desk.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Soloed the 4 Hunter spawn at 300 gearscore.

... A little rough.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »

... A little rough.

Man how? They just spawn over and over and over again!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

... A little rough.

I'm guessing something that involved sacrificing a goat and/or virgin.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options

... A little rough.

Bumrushed the first Hunter as they spawned, used incendiary ammo to incapacitate him, killed him and got the fuck out of there, managed to separate them and took them out one by one.

Hello Death Mask, new favorite.

• Options
    hahahaha...

Excerpt from the Division bridge novel:
    ... The cultists came out onto the church steps, their eyes boring into him. He’d seen that look before. They wanted him on their gallows, too. Pulling the trigger on the G36 would solve a lot of problems, he thought . . . but until they made a hostile move, he couldn’t justify it. Per Directive 51, he could have mowed the whole group down and nobody would ever have said anything, but that wasn’t what Aurelio Diaz—or the Strategic Homeland Division, commonly shortened to SHD—believed in.

Type “A” agent identified.

• Options
    hahahaha...

Excerpt from the Division bridge novel:
    ... The cultists came out onto the church steps, their eyes boring into him. He’d seen that look before. They wanted him on their gallows, too. Pulling the trigger on the G36 would solve a lot of problems, he thought . . . but until they made a hostile move, he couldn’t justify it. Per Directive 51, he could have mowed the whole group down and nobody would ever have said anything, but that wasn’t what Aurelio Diaz—or the Strategic Homeland Division, commonly shortened to SHD—believed in.

Type “A” agent identified.

Until the Objective Morality Indicator gives them a red triangle, you must hold your fire.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    I went with the Demolitionist specialty because, well, dang, but what's up with the Signature Weapon switch ? I need to lean on the 4 button and sometimes that doesn't even work. I know there's a special animation involved and it seems to be lagging and won't run at all if there's a lot happening on-screen.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    If it’s the same as the beta, the switch animation is just really long. Takes about twice as long to get the signature guniut than the other weapons.

• Options
    I wish I could get Survivalist perks but Grenade Launcher “super” and outfit.

• Options
    It's almost as if the game is asking me, "Are you really sure you want to do this ?''

Listen, game, I've got a six-shot grenade revolver on my back, you bet your sweet butt that I want to to fill my world with explosions.

• Options
    Page-Page- Registered User regular
    Curious about what the upcoming specializations will be like

Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • Options
    Sledgehammer. Chainsaw. Robot Dag.

• Options
    Suicider.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    I’m still betting one is a Flamethrower. If we go by what enemies use, they also pack LAWs, but those fill the same role as the grenade launcher, just a straight line shot instead of an arc.

• Options
    finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    How could they possibly get people to use a Flamethrower when it's not even viable to use shotguns in this game? They'd really have to have some high survivability buffs.

Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    I use shotguns fine. Granted I’m not at the endgame yet.

Flamethrower sets enemies on fire so its got the survivability buff of massively distracting the target because they’re burning to death rather than shooting you.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    Interestingly, with 1033 skill kills, I am rated among the top 5% of deadliest active agents, according to their app.

which also reminded me that I have to heartbeat some other ubi games to use up those reward points.

Don't forget!

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »
    I use shotguns fine. Granted I’m not at the endgame yet.

Flamethrower sets enemies on fire so its got the survivability buff of massively distracting the target because they’re burning to death rather than shooting you.

Yeah...except for the elites who are burning to death, waving their arms around, and still shooting at you.

Yeah game...I'm not at all bitter about those times you pulled that on me.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular
    It is hot bullshit that you fail a bounty if you die ever once it is activated, even if it was in ways having nothing to do with the bounty. Also fun when the projects that give bounties autocomplete as soon as you complete the last criteria, unlike the other projects you have to turn in at the desk.

Is there a way to retry a bounty pre-30? I died on the way to one, and I think I'm tracking it? But I dunno.

akirasig.jpg
  • Options

Is there a way to retry a bounty pre-30? I died on the way to one, and I think I'm tracking it? But I dunno.

You can rebuy a bounty from the Bounty board if you have that BoO upgrade unlocked. Otherwise, not that I've found.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Open the map and hit "right" (R1 on the PS4) to go to the bounties tab. Any active bounty you have will be shown there, Some will cost Intel to (re) activate, many will not.

They -all- start a 15 minute countdown timer (again).

Stupid on

26904.png
  • Options
    How does the weekly Clan cache work? It looks like we got one (on the PS4) but when I go to the clan area it shows as empty? Is there something I need to do to get the award? Am I misinterpreting the game and there actually isn't a reward (yet)?

26904.png
  • Options
    Stupid wrote: »
    How does the weekly Clan cache work? It looks like we got one (on the PS4) but when I go to the clan area it shows as empty? Is there something I need to do to get the award? Am I misinterpreting the game and there actually isn't a reward (yet)?

It should be in the big Clan stash box.

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Got the 11th mask and 7th ivory key yesterday. Now I just need to wait until the geniuses figure out how to get the final one to spawn. I could just oneshot one for the 12th, but I want them both, so eh.
    Also at times it doesn't feel like I'm "leveling" up in the end game, upping my gear, building my set bonus's and stuff and enemies seem as spongy as they did before I optimized and my health seems just as easily shredded.
    What's your damage to elites at?
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    Right now, nameds and yellows are the quickest to go down for me because of the talents I've stacked. Reds go down quick enough that I can take down most of the regular mooks during a mission or control point with my now-favorite sidearm (Deagle .50), but purples are kind of my bane. Sometimes, it also feels like they get some kind of damage immunity/protection or some kind of weirdness is going on where I can dump a full mag (73 rounds of HE 30 assault rifle) into a regular, unarmored purple dude and I might've broken the armor.

Of course, it might also be wonky hit-detection at play (which I can't discount since there definitely seems to be some weird hit-detection issues every now and then).

Same. I've been able to do most challenging missions without too much of a hassle (the first one I did had a 419 and 422 GS join and I took a deep breath, but it worked out0, but I have a pretty focused build finally. Still isn't where I want it to say it's done, but they don't feel too spongey to me at challenging. Due to the fact that purples sit in an odd middle space between the red mooks and the gold elites where all my bonuses allow me to kill, they're definitely big threats. They still die, though.

That being said, yesterday's VIP / Daily Challenging where you rescue the President? That was a bit rough in one specific area :).

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Scaling is definitely better since the fix for grouping. Like a lot. But now my group is hitting some other weirdness. Being in WT2 and grouping with folks still leveling. It's interesting. The scaling seems to still only work as far as levels. But throwing gear score into the mix seems to really mess with the system. Like it can only scale those pre World Tier 1 enemies so far. So if you're grouping down to that first leveling world you just utterly destroy all the enemies. Now, of course you're also not getting anything above 250 gear score. But It's interesting to find these sort of crack s and gaps in the whole scaling system. I still think that after the patch that it's not the worst. But it could still be better.

cptrugged on
  • Options

The ones that you get from the liberation projects you can rerun if you're in a group with someone who completes the project. You can chain run them that way.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RussadRussad MARegistered User regular
    A friend and I spawned the 4 hunters at the fountain the other night - killed one, but we both went down before the others. Spawned at the safe house and ran back... but they had started tracking toward us. Killed us again before we realized they had left the fountain. This ended in a death spiral, where they basically griefed us at the safe house door. We sort of cheesed them down by riding the line between the safe house and the guns free area. Got all 4 masks, but no key dropped.

Am I just SOL, or is there a way to get that key? Do I have to fight these jerkwads again?

• Options
    Spicy_RevSpicy_Rev Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    What am I supposed to be using the e-currency that I got in game on? Is there a guide?

Nevermind, I see now that this is just the in game currency. Dumb.

Spicy_Rev on
  • Options
    Speaking of bounties I picked up one last night from an NPC out in the world marked with ???? that sent me to kill Polk's Battalion, which was a 2 target bounty.

Not sure if I did it the intended way, but due to the way I misread the marker, i basically ran the "destroy the true sons 3 radio masts" mission area backwards to get to them. With the end result being that when I encountered them, I was inside the building, slightly elevated with 2 windows to fire out of and they were on the other side of what was essentially a moat.

They were completely unable to deal. I barely took any damage and the one that had a triple grenade launcher could not aim anywhere near me. It was nice.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Russad wrote: »
    A friend and I spawned the 4 hunters at the fountain the other night - killed one, but we both went down before the others. Spawned at the safe house and ran back... but they had started tracking toward us. Killed us again before we realized they had left the fountain. This ended in a death spiral, where they basically griefed us at the safe house door. We sort of cheesed them down by riding the line between the safe house and the guns free area. Got all 4 masks, but no key dropped.

Am I just SOL, or is there a way to get that key? Do I have to fight these jerkwads again?

Have to fight them again. And they can be the real bastards.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net