As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Blood Bowl] Blood Bowl 3 is out; praise Nuffle!

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Honestly I just hope we get the whole game when three launches and aren’t sold the teams piece meal. Other then that the big topic of discussion is the new table top rules and if they should be included . Everyone loves the mvp rule but wizard and pile on rule changes are HUGE points of contention between coaches.

• Options
    BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    Oh man I love the new wizards. There's a huge amount of variety, and it gets better with every new supplement. Piling On I still go back and forth on. I think something needed to be done, but I think having to spend a re-roll on it is too much. Re-roll dependent teams like Khemri essentially can't make use of it now, where before it was a mainstay.

• Options
    edited May 2019
    They need to find away to make it useful for bash teams without making it as strong as it was. They also need to make claw a mb mutually exclusive and hopefully find a waypoint help teams that start off useless and become godly ( nurgle ) or the opposite ( amazons fucking explode once they start playing people with tackle).

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    The redrafting rules in the current edition of tabletop might help mitigate the ClawPOMB thing a little bit; you basically get to keep your fan factor and whatever you have in your treasury, receive cash awards for placement in the league, and a bunch of bonus cash from touchdowns, casualties, and games played, but then have to re-buy your entire team and re-rolls. It lets you keep some key players, but not everyone. And leaning too hard on keeping your salty veterans typically leaves you low on re-rolls for the new season.

Obviously it doesn't prevent a team growing a few ClawPOMB murderers, but you do have to pay for it over time. And it does depend on you playing in a league with seasons that don't stretch on for dozens of games before coming to a close and restarting.

BloodySloth on
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    *Rolls for necromancy joke* *triple skulls* *reroll triple skulls* Oh well.

Now that most of us are possibly stuck at home, anyone down for some Blood Bowl?

I'd even be willing to try and organize a league if there is interest

• Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    Veevee wrote: »
    *Rolls for necromancy joke* *triple skulls* *reroll triple skulls* Oh well.

Now that most of us are possibly stuck at home, anyone down for some Blood Bowl?

I'd even be willing to try and organize a league if there is interest

For a second I thought there was news of Blood Bowl 3 !

I really want a new Blood Bowl...

• Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    I would be happy with an active league

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    I'd be happy to join

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Ugh, a new league begins that will last all of two weeks. I'd probably be down for a league was sad when the last one failed.

• Options
    Set up a new 4 team round robin, new teams only. Search for PA Cup when joining a league

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Oops. I was going to sign up as well, but I'll leave it to the folks that expressed interest first. Next time, if this one actually finishes then :P

• Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    Ketar wrote: »
    Oops. I was going to sign up as well, but I'll leave it to the folks that expressed interest first. Next time, if this one actually finishes then :P

Go for it. With the kids home for weeks on end I'm not gonna risk being the one to kill it, haha

• Options
    Docshifty wrote: »

Go for it. With the kids home for weeks on end I'm not gonna risk being the one to kill it, haha

Heh, I'm in the same boat. I actually have less free time right now than I used to between helping with online learning and needing to keep them entertained a lot more.

• Options
    Well bb3 is due this year but will most likely be much later and only come with basic teams. That aside noticing a lot of Corona themed nurgle teams.

• Options
    Booted up my PS4 for the first time in ages, realised I barely had any trophies on BB2.

Only the basic game, so I rolled a dwarf team

Managed to level up my Dwarfroller guy, and got double 6, meaning I could get block for him, eliminating his main weakness.

He is now amazing, so I upgraded my pitch so I could have a free bribe during home matches.

Now I just need my runner to get a movement allowance point and I’m set.

• Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    I bought the Legendary Edition of Blood Bowl 2 due to this most recent sale. Who wants to do so some bashin'?

• Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Booted up my PS4 for the first time in ages and discovered...that the controller battery was almost dead and the USB charge port no longer worked? Looked into it, and apparently it's a very common thing to happen.

- Recent slim PS4 model
    - Controller ~2 years old, not used in 5-6 months

Many of the people reporting the problem have those exact specs. The solution is to either order a replacement USB charger port and take apart the controller to replace it, or get a PS4 charger dock to charge on the bottom EXT port.

I've never had a controller konk out like that before. Hell, my freaking INTELLIVISION controllers still work.

• Options
    So i own blood bowl 2 on xbox. And pc but that's abother matter.

Blood bowl 2 official expansion pack +tram pack is on sale along with

Bloodbowl 2 legendary edition.

Which one do i want?

• Options
    RickRude wrote: »

Which one do i want?

On PC, Legendary Edition includes the Bloodbowl 2 base game, the official expansion pack, and the team pack.

So if it's the same on the xbox, and you already own the base game, then go with the first option.

• Options

Which one do i want?

On PC, Legendary Edition includes the Bloodbowl 2 base game, the official expansion pack, and the team pack.

So if it's the same on the xbox, and you already own the base game, then go with the first option.

Im confused. It sounds like youre saying thr 2nd option would br a better deal yet you said the first one.

• Options

Which one do i want?

Im confused. It sounds like youre saying thr 2nd option would br a better deal yet you said the first one.

Ok, I'm confused now. The only difference between the first option and the second option is that the Legendary Edition includes the base game. It's the exact same stuff otherwise. So if you already own the base game, why would you want to buy it again?

I can't compare them though since you didn't provide prices. So I have no idea which is a better deal. All I can say is that the only difference between the 2 as far as content should be that Legendary Edition includes the base Blood Bowl 2 game and the other does not. On PC that typically translates to the Legendary Edition costing more.

• Options
    I need to stop getting excited every time I see new posts, and just learn to accept Blood Bowl 3 probably wont be out this year.

Weird that theres been nothing at all since the original announcement.

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    They just announced a new edition of tabletop BB so it’s probably tied up in that.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    They just announced a new edition of tabletop BB so it’s probably tied up in that.

There are leaked photos out of the new board game and manual, so it’s close.

I’m hoping the pc version is ready to go, and they’re holding off for a simultaneous release.

I can dream.

It would be nice to have a new Blood Bowl on a new console, with minimal loading times.

And 4K support, ideally.

• Options
    On the subject of leaks new game is VERY different so far. The thread on the tabletop forum and the reddit have the info and I would suggest you give it a look. Especially for agi 4 teams.

• Options
    On the subject of leaks new game is VERY different so far. The thread on the tabletop forum and the reddit have the info and I would suggest you give it a look. Especially for agi 4 teams.

Don't remind me...

• Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular

It's a series of direct and indirect buffs to Humans.

It. Is. Glorious.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options
    Is there a good list of changes? I need to find out what the changes will do to my Norse

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Is there a good list of changes? I need to find out what the changes will do to my Norse
    Norse don't look like they feature in the 2020 ruleset yet.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    there are about 5 teams not on the list in the new book, Vampires, khemri, bretts, chaos dwarfs, one other escapes me. though that doesnt mean we wont see them in a spike magazine down the line.

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options

https://www.reddit.com/r/bloodbowl/comments/i5sav3/leaks_living_rulebook_bb2020/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

• Options
    Looks like Norse is on the list of no team information

Disappointing, but not surprising.

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    No Chaos Dorfs? How can they leave off the best team.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    The teams in the book are basically “all the ones with current plastic kits” which includes the three new and one unreleased but already made, but no future releases. The general assumption is that the remaining old school teams will get the teams of legend treatment but as we have basically zero details of anything surrounding the release except that it’s happening this year sometime, who knows?

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    Think I’m going to try to play black orcs after what the did to my poor orc team.

• Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    I will still faithfully play my Goblins and lose every tryhard tournament >_<

• Options
    I’ll have two teams on the go - Dwarf when I want to smash bones, a human team when I just want to try and actually win a game with a pass. No elves, because screw those guys.

I’m guessing there is now no chance that the original Blood Bowl will ever appear on the backwards compatibility list, which I was still holding onto hope for. I barely have any achievements for that on Xbox, for some reason. I think I did all my playing on PC.

If the Blood Bowl gods are smiling, my first match with my Dwarves will be against Goblins, and it will be a massacre. I just hope the medical area is bigger this time.

• Options
    I’ve just read a translated press release from Big Ben, the company making the pc version, and it says they’re releasing BB3 the same time as the new board game comes out.

Which I’m hoping is fairly soon, if the board game rule book is printed, which is where the leaked info seems to be coming from.

God, I hope so. We deserve one nice surprise in this shitty year.

October to early November would be ideal, before Cyberpunk and the new consoles arrive.

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    The leaks are from a pre-print proof copy so assuming it got green-lit (not certain as there are a couple of typos and other issues) it’s probably going to press about now. Add 6-8 weeks for shipping from China and at least another 6 to assemble the product into boxes and ship that out and were looking at late November or early December which matches GW’s “this holiday” wording.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    M-Vickers wrote: »
    I’ve just read a translated press release from Big Ben, the company making the pc version, and it says they’re releasing BB3 the same time as the new board game comes out.

Which I’m hoping is fairly soon, if the board game rule book is printed, which is where the leaked info seems to be coming from.

God, I hope so. We deserve one nice surprise in this shitty year.

October to early November would be ideal, before Cyberpunk and the new consoles arrive.

Damn, you really got my hopes up that BB3 was being made by someone new. But after digging a little it looks like Bigben is the publisher, and it's still Cyanide making the game.