As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Secret Santa 07: Easter Bunnies Apply Here

• Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    gilrain wrote: »
    If you even half-suspect that maybe you won't be able to hold up your end of the cheer, you shouldn't participate. It's not hard -- even someone unexpectedly poor can do something awesome and meaningful, unless they just don't care enough, in which case they shouldn't participate.
    Oh, absolutely. I wasn't trying to say otherwise, I was merely stating my reason for participating which I suspect is the same for many others. It is amazing how much time and money people spent on their gifts this year. To condemn one bad gift out of the dozens of excellent ones is undeserving in my opinion.

I will say that bottle of bleach someone got was priceless. Oh, Canada.

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    HearthjawHearthjaw Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    RoundBoy wrote: »
    a movie with The Baconator (tm) in it is still 6 degrees away from him ?
    Well...

The Sleepers case didn't have the disc for Sleepers in it, so... maybe?

Man I dunno. I just have to believe there's some logic behind it.

It's just too crazy NOT to.

I mean, like... the other guy got the disc for Sleepers and Mask of Zorro.

Why?

What was the reason?

Why those two movies in particular?

6 seemingly meaningless CDs to each person. 4 DVDs. And seemingly random other stuff.

WHAT DOES IT MEAN?
    Seriously. My brain will not allow me to believe it was meant to be funny and weird. I can't help but think there's something more.
    Then again, I'm strange like that and it probably all means absolutely nothing.
    It's obvious man.
    You're gonna die in six days...

Hearthjaw on
    steamid: sewersider
  • Options
    Ross MillsRoss Mills Mr. California, USARegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    LewieP wrote: »
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    I'd be completely freaked out by my Mam posting on a forum, the sheer prospect of her using a computer is terrifying enough.

My mum added me on LJ and started commenting. My friends were weirded out.

I removed her from my friends list. 0_o

I still feel a bit guilty about that.

Ross Mills on
    twitter-a.png
  • Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Ross Mills wrote: »

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, that better hadn't happen, I can feel the paint drying out and ruining the bristles of my brushes, what a shame ...

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Ross Mills wrote: »
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    I'd be completely freaked out by my Mam posting on a forum, the sheer prospect of her using a computer is terrifying enough.

Mine has me on facebook.
    Hell, my brother's girlfriend's mum sent me a facebook invite. I'm too polite to decline :(

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I have my grandmother on Facebook......

she can only see my limited profile.

wunderbar on
    XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I'm far too open about my life online to even think about letting my parents in on reading it. It would turn their hair white.

More so.

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Tracking says my package has finally fucking arrived.

Apologies for it being hugely delayed Santee. I tried to gift you a bunch of Xbox Live Marketplace points but well you know over Christmas the whole fucking thing went down. XBL worked for me but Live.com and all the web features required for gift-age was down. Sorry again. Hope you like it.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    My hair's fairly white anyway - least it would be without the hair dye! I think I'm fairly unshockable, and I probably know most of the words Lewie does. I think I'll probably (maybe) avoid his posts in future, but watch out for this year's secret santa, I am sooooooooooooooooooo in.

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    RookRook Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    My hair's fairly white anyway - least it would be without the hair dye! I think I'm fairly unshockable, and I probably know most of the words Lewie does. I think I'll probably (maybe) avoid his posts in future, but watch out for this year's secret santa, I am sooooooooooooooooooo in.

Heh, just when the standard of presents were high enough. I'm getting a bit worried by the G&T Secret Santa Arms Race.

Rook on
  • Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Family Feud!!!

That Dave Fella on
    PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    Disco11Disco11 Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    What do you guys think I should do... My santee got his gift over a month ago. After a few weeks, I asked a fellow forumer to pm him and ask him if he got his gift and he replied that he did. Yet 3 more weeks go by and he has not posted or pm'd me about it. I am not worried about getting banned but I am sort of pissed that I sent someone a gift and I have not got a private thank you at the least. What do you guys think the appropriate responce is ?

Disco11 on
    PSN: Canadian_llama
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Disco11 wrote: »
    What do you guys think I should do... My santee got his gift over a month ago. After a few weeks, I asked a fellow forumer to pm him and ask him if he got his gift and he replied that he did. Yet 3 more weeks go by and he has not posted or pm'd me about it. I am not worried about getting banned but I am sort of pissed that I sent someone a gift and I have not got a private thank you at the least. What do you guys think the appropriate responce is ?

This has been the experience of several people apparently. I don't think it should constitute a ban, but I definitely think "deadbeat Santees" should be banned from future gift-giving events. How long does it take to post a thank you on here? 10 seconds.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Figgy wrote: »

This has been the experience of several people apparently. I don't think it should constitute a ban, but I definitely think "deadbeat Santees" should be banned from future gift-giving events. How long does it take to post a thank you on here? 10 seconds.

Seriously. I got soap (which is almost gone) and an awesome calendar and I got pictures up and everything!

BTW: I can't really feel any particular boost from the caffeine in the soap, but then it has lasted longer than 12 washings as well so I'm not getting the full 200mg dosage, not that I expected to anyway since not all of it is going to be absorbed. Whatever, I always wanted to try it and now I have.

Perhaps something where if you do not participate in saying at least "thank you" and listing what you got (pictures are a bonus) you cannot participate in the next one? But then lift it for the one after that if they decide that this time they will? It feels kinda wrong to punish someone for not saying thank you, but it is a bit rude when a stranger buys you gifts..

(And I need to keep bugging ThinkGeek and DHL about where in the world my stuff went to if not to my santee's house!)

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime af When's KoFRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I dont know, it is lame when you don't get a thank you... but I mean, I've given family members presents and getting back a "oh I didn't tell you to get me this." Maybe I'm just used to taking more abuse than many, but I'm not about to stop giving gifts just because somebody else has no common courtesy.

Also, no response is probably better off than a... what is this, books are gay, response.

Folken Fanel on
    Twitter: Folken_fgc Steam: folken_ XBL: flashg03 PSN: folken_PA SFV: folken_
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Characters I hate:

Everybody @Folken Fanel plays as.
  • Options
    gilraingilrain Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Also, no response is probably better off than a... what is this, books are gay, response.
    Although, in the long run, hasn't that response given us a lot of joy? Maybe, in a way, that Santee's gift to us was that meme, and we were to stupid to see it at the time! :cry:

gilrain on
  • Options
    SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I want to thank my Santa properly, but I don't know who they are. :(

SirUltimos on
  • Options
    Disco11Disco11 Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    ArcSyn wrote: »

Seriously. I got soap (which is almost gone) and an awesome calendar and I got pictures up and everything!

BTW: I can't really feel any particular boost from the caffeine in the soap, but then it has lasted longer than 12 washings as well so I'm not getting the full 200mg dosage, not that I expected to anyway since not all of it is going to be absorbed. Whatever, I always wanted to try it and now I have.

Perhaps something where if you do not participate in saying at least "thank you" and listing what you got (pictures are a bonus) you cannot participate in the next one? But then lift it for the one after that if they decide that this time they will? It feels kinda wrong to punish someone for not saying thank you, but it is a bit rude when a stranger buys you gifts..

(And I need to keep bugging ThinkGeek and DHL about where in the world my stuff went to if not to my santee's house!)

I don't care if I get a public " wow look how cool my gifts are " I would have at least appriciated a pm saying thank you. A little courtesy would be appreciated.

Disco11 on
    PSN: Canadian_llama
  • Options
    ZarcathZarcath Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Some people just don't realize the harm they're causing. Bad social skills from internet users? Who would have thought!? :lol:

Zarcath on
  • Options
    Captain VashCaptain Vash Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I hate to sound greedy, but at this point in the game I'd love to hear from Someone about the status of my Santa.

Did he ever even try to send anything?
    What did he tell Captain K?

Did I even have an assigned Santa?

Captain Vash on
    twitterforweb.Stuckens.1,1,500,f4f4f4,0,c4c4c4,000000.png
  • Options
    slacktronslacktron Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Yeah, my Santa PM'd me on New Year's Eve to say was going to Express mail his gift.

Apparently, to him "Express Mail a gift" means "string you along another couple of weeks because clearly you haven't suffered enough".

I don't get it. $10 and a two month window should be an attainable goal for even a street bum. What prompts such sociopathic behavior?

slacktron on
    slacktron_zombie_fighter_sig.jpg
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I had a mystery Santa. My loot was a WoW Rogue shirt and a steel-cast Bender from Futurama. I'm quite happy with my loot. So I repeat my thanks to whomever it was that had me.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    arcatharcath Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    slacktron wrote: »
    Yeah, my Santa PM'd me on New Year's Eve to say was going to Express mail his gift.

Apparently, to him "Express Mail a gift" means "string you along another couple of weeks because clearly you haven't suffered enough".

I don't get it. $10 and a two month window should be an attainable goal for even a street bum. What prompts such sociopathic behavior?

I dunno, but you better hope he sent it already. Or you might be waiting for his next 2 month window. :P

arcath on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Zarcath wrote: »
    Some people just don't realize the harm they're causing. Bad social skills from internet users? Who would have thought!? :lol:

I'd like the think that G&T posters who participate in this event have a tad more decency than the average internet schlub.

Figgy on
  • Options
    edited January 2008

I don't care if I get a public " wow look how cool my gifts are " I would have at least appriciated a pm saying thank you. A little courtesy would be appreciated.

I don't know if this is possible, maybe one of the mods can tell me.

You know how you get infractions, goto jail ect ect.

Your icon changes, cant use quotes(old forums i think right?), and got that big "Jailed" in your title?

So I propose this.....

Sorry Silver, I am sure your not a bad Santa, but yours was the first one I found.

badsanta.bmp

Let them keep that for a year. :)

arcath on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    HybridzergHybridzerg Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    arcath wrote: »

I don't know if this is possible, maybe one of the mods can tell me.

You know how you get infractions, goto jail ect ect.

Your icon changes, cant use quotes(old forums i think right?), and got that big "Jailed" in your title?

So I propose this.....

Sorry Silver, I am sure your not a bad Santa, but yours was the first one I found.

badsanta.bmp

Let them keep that for a year. :)

THAT...IS...AWESOME! Do it Mods! Pleeeeaaase?

Hybridzerg on
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I heartilly agree.

LewieP on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Ask about it in Tube's Circus. That's a fucking great idea.

Henroid on
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Technically, they'd be Bad Santees. Their Location should be changed to Ingrateland.

Lindsay Lohan on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Henroid wrote: »
    Ask about it in Tube's Circus. That's a fucking great idea.

Done

Edit: page 60....neat.

arcath on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    So, I am a tool and due to 1) A shipping error on my part and 2) Funding issues because I wrecked my car, my present didn't go out until today. I let my Santee know beforehand, though, but I still feel terrible. Hopefully they will forgive me if the presents are neat enough.

Also JESUS CHRIST amazon charges a fucking boatload for Canadian shipping. And both of mine were in Canadia. And it still takes fucking forever!

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Herby wrote: »
    Technically, they'd be Bad Santees. Their Location should be changed to Ingrateland.

Wouldn't a Bad Santee be someone who bitches about what they got? Like that one asshole from the Secret Santa of '05 that bitched over and over about getting a few books in his gift pack?

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Henroid wrote: »
    Herby wrote: »

Wouldn't a Bad Santee be someone who bitches about what they got? Like that one asshole from the Secret Santa of '05 that bitched over and over about getting a few books in his gift pack?

I think both qualify as Bad Santees.

arcath on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Well, it seems my roomie decided to "clean out" his phone, and lo and behold, did not save the pictures of the loot i had received.

So i guess i can post what i got without pictures, but it's just not the same.

What do you guys think? post list of contents?

Regardless, thank you for the gifting, improvolone

Mighty on
    Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Mighty wrote: »
    Well, it seems my roomie decided to "clean out" his phone, and lo and behold, did not save the pictures of the loot i had received.

No. You must draw, in MSPaint, renditions of the gift-opening process.

Go!

Figgy on
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Could some of these Deadbeat Santees also be Deadbeat Santas? It makes sense that once they received their gift they would disappear from this thread if they weren't planning on sending out a gift.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    CaedereCaedere S'no regrets BIRDIESRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    My Santee lemme know that there was a package that arrived that had my stuff in it, but he hadn't actually seen the contents as of yet. Just waiting for him to post his thoughts on the gift :o

Caedere on
    FWnykYl.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Mighty wrote: »

No. You must draw, in MSPaint, renditions of the gift-opening process.

Go!
    So you have asked, So shall you receive!

The day before i left for Dallas, a medium sized package arrived at my doorstep.

Elated that i had gotten my GnT secret Santa gift... i popped it open. There were several wrapped packages inside. I thought for a moment that my Santa had wanted it to be like a real Christmas and had wrapped the goods so as to simulate the experience.

Let me elaborate with childish, hand drawn, mspaint crap. (no image is to scale. ever. shut up.)

first... presents.jpg

Two small bumpy spheres and a long, flexible rectangle... huh. well i wasted no time peeling off their festive shells to reveal...
    presents2.png
    Oh neat! plastic Kirbys with star bases! Though i was a bit confused as to why i have 2. but still awesome!

presents3.png
    Next, i found a slim, longish parcel, of a decent thickness, that is bendy. My first thought? "who sent me books, Books are gay!" But then i remembered that i actually enjoy reading.
    presents4.png
    Its Fables! a Current time murder mystery graphic novel, with mythical creatures mixed in! cool!
    presents5.png
    The next Package was a roughly square-ish one about 1/4 of an inch thick. My first thought? a CD. perhaps something like the DethAlbum or some crazy otherland music. who knows!?! so i rip in with zeal, to find ...
    presents6.png
    This? uh... huh.. well, a gag gift? ah, i suppose so. The musical journey of women... This is something my mother will enjoy i think! (yes she rather enjoyed it. BTW)
    Perplexed.. i reached for the last box. Rather thick and weighty. This bodes well! i wonder what it could be...(i got tired of drawing wrapping paper. okay?)
    presents7.png
    Hm.. well. lets see what it is!
    presents8.png
    Only those who have seen "rejected" will see what i didthere.

3D goggles! cool, that means that i can play TF2 and counterstrike in even FULLER 3d! W00t!!

Wait... what?!
    presents9.png
    Well, CRAP! i upgraded to LCD from CRT like 3 years ago! and i don't even have a video card with a tv in/out.
    D:
    In the end, i gave that to my boss, he has a CRT and a tv in/out. Though i didn't get to use it, it seemed rather neat in theory. though the company's execution of 3d sucks. who the hell requires a crt monitor anymore?

And there you have it. a synopsis of what i received. and after i had opened it all, i noticed the box itself was a note.. telling me to wait until Christmas to open them. oh well.

Thanks go to -
    Improvolone - For the gifts
    Microsoft - For mspaint
    Captain k - For making GnT SS 2007

Mighty on
    Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    You can't draw.

Har har har.

Figgy on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    You can't draw.

Har har har.

true