Options

[FFXIV] PATCH DAY! Mark ya spoilers!

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »
    Because that would be a lot of programming to save like, a second?
    When farming for some of these 5-star cards over hundreds of matches, those seconds add up very quickly.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Au'Ra
    Well, E1S down in a pug after a lot of painful groups of people trying to bullshit their way through the fight. Joined one that ended up one-shotting it.

Probably get a bit of E2S pug learning this weekend. I really need to find a static but I can't at this point since I'm out of state all next week, it has to wait until I get back. At least I've accomplished my personal goal of getting E1 before having to travel.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    mild 5.0 spoilers

what happens if you fantasia off of lalafell inside a dwarf house?

https://youtu.be/p7-oK-zsXxU

• Options
    simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    simulacrum on
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    Luckily unless you’re going for a world first, it won’t matter if you’re not perfectly optimal

And also even if you are going for a world first

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    Viera
    I'm gonna try and learn it because I'm broken inside

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Hyur
    Can't be worse than NIN right now... right?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    MNK is very good but also very stupid in a few ways, NIN is not so good and also very stupid in several ways.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Hyur
    Zay wrote: »
    Luckily unless you’re going for a world first, it won’t matter if you’re not perfectly optimal

And also even if you are going for a world first

Well yeah, but when some classes can be perfectly optimal with 120ping, but MNK can't be... it can be frustrating for those who want to try and be better.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    I'm finally getting around to levelling crafting jobs, and so far the worst part is managing the absolutely abhorrent amount of different materials.

I might level all the equipment jobs, then alchemist/culinarian as two separate legs, since there doesn't seem to be a lot of overlap between the two categories and there is no way my inventory can hold doing everything at once

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    i got absolutely fuckin twiiiisted and spent my first week phanta on a ring

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular
    Au'Ra
    Javen wrote: »
    I'm finally getting around to levelling crafting jobs, and so far the worst part is managing the absolutely abhorrent amount of different materials.

I might level all the equipment jobs, then alchemist/culinarian as two separate legs, since there doesn't seem to be a lot of overlap between the two categories and there is no way my inventory can hold doing everything at once

I've been levelling culinarian through the Ixali daily quests, which is a bit slower but means I don't have to spend time gathering a hundred specific ingredients

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Zay wrote: »
    i got absolutely fuckin twiiiisted and spent my first week phanta on a ring

I always do that.

But I don't do ex/savage stuff so I'm always replacing like a dungeon green or a two steps old blue.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    I'm saving mine for the chest piece. Already capped til tuesday. Speading my Gotias on mats to throw on the MB. Get some good gil while the prices are still high.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    I meant to level up some other classes tonight.

SEKanHD.jpg

I got distracted.

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Roegadyn
    I'm starting to get back into the main quest of Heavensward after spending too long bogged down in trying to get a cool coat from the Immortal Flames and leveling up gathering classes for no good reason

I really wish this game didn't have a subscription, it makes me feel like I need to use my time more wisely/efficiently at pretty much any given moment

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Roegadyn

Player turns house into a Japanese Market.

acpRlGW.jpg
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Au'Ra
    I have finished Fire Emblem so I'm back in and Tataru has picked up a trade!

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    tataru gonna fuck you up

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Au'Ra
    I just spent 2 minutes yelling variations on TATARU WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU before I realized it was case sensitive and I couldn't use caps

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    Tataru’s Bogus Mining Adventure made me pick that as my first non combat job.

FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • Options
    Roegadyn
    I've noticed there isn't a huge price difference between regular and HQ Multifaced regents on the MarketBoard. I'm not familiar with crafting, so is there a time when you won't want a HQ version of the regent?

acpRlGW.jpg
  • Options
    Roegadyn
    I've noticed there isn't a huge price difference between regular and HQ Multifaced regents on the MarketBoard. I'm not familiar with crafting, so is there a time when you won't want a HQ version of the regent?

Not usually, unless a quest calls for the normal version, in which case HQ don’t count. But that tends to stop around level 20 or so.

• Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Au'Ra
    Most crafting macros at max level are designed with the idea that you don't have any HQ mats. They can be nice if you have less control that you want, but for the most part they're not needed.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Au'Ra
    Omni-crafters(crafters with multiple 80 crafting profs) are typically so overmelded that their macros can max out quality every time without needing any HQ mats.

• Options
    Roegadyn
    Ok, that's what I was missing. I thought HQ was more important. I'll try selling a few regular regents, get more bang for my Goetia

acpRlGW.jpg
  • Options
    So, speaking of melding, for the first time I'm at level cap, have the best gear I currently have access to, and the materia slots are empty. What should I toss in there as Dancer just to make it a bit stronger?

• Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    SabreMau wrote: »
    So, speaking of melding, for the first time I'm at level cap, have the best gear I currently have access to, and the materia slots are empty. What should I toss in there as Dancer just to make it a bit stronger?

Crit or Direct Hit are usually safe bets

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Roegadyn
    Direct Hit and Crit

Edit: everything I'm reading for Tanks is that DH is best since crit values are too low. Once we get into 5.3 gear or so, crit will be top again.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
  • Options
    SixshotStrikerSixshotStriker Registered User regular
    Hrothgar
    Ugh. Thought I hit a bug with Familiar Faces. Kept trying to click on the sparkling icon on the ground before another player came up and used the lookout emote.

I don’t know who I’m more irritated at: game designers or myself.

• Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Au'Ra
    SabreMau wrote: »

Other people have already responded, but if you have other questions about max level job stuff I find that the balance discord is the best place to get info. It's the main theory crafting community for FFXIV and they have stuff like stat/meld priorities as well as opener/rotation information for each job. They also have job specific rooms that you can ask questions in.

The invite link is here https://discordapp.com/invite/thebalanceffxiv

H0b0man on
    FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    Au'Ra
    Gasp

Minfila changed outfits because Coerthas is cold

ALPHINAUD PUT ON SOME PANTS

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Au'Ra
    Oh hello Moenbryda

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Roegadyn
    So how does this Land, Sky, Sea thing work? It sounds like a thing where you can go to practice boss mechanics and see if your dps can track enough to not be a liability, but does it actually mirror boss mechanics, or does it just throw random shit at you so you have to do your rotation in the middle of stuff happening?

Also where do you queue for it even?

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2019
    Miqo'te
    it is just a timed target dummy with no mechanics, with the timer length set by your job and the boss you want to simulate, such that if you can kill the target dummy under the time limit you know you are doing enough DPS to beat the specified boss as long as you do the mechanics properly in the real fight. There's an NPC with a quest you need to talk to to unlock each expansion's version of this, HW's is in or just outside Idyllshire, SB's is in or just outside Rhalgr's Reach, and ShB's is inside Eulmore in the slum area, I think?

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Miqo'te
    Stone, Sea, Sky is just a static practice dummy with a 3 minute time limit that is tuned to a certain DPS requirement depending on your class + the fight you select; it doesn't throw mechanics at you at all. It's meant to see if you know your rotation well enough to properly contribute enough to the fight.

It is also incredibly poorly tuned and shouldn't really be taken as a final indicator of whether you are good enough or not. The 3 minute time limit really screws with some classes since their burst timings don't line up well, and you'd have to do a rotation that you would never do in an actual fight in order to consistently meet the check at min iLevel. Because of this, some classes have a very easy time with the SSS dummy and can clear it with 15+ seconds to spare at min ilevel, some need godlike crit/proc RNG over a 3 minute period to even come close. It's a decent enough way to practice (since it conveniently resets your cooldown timers whenever you go inside), but not really indicative of an actual fight.

The quest to unlock it is in Eulmore, and the actual queue is just outside the city (on the left if you walk out the main gate into the shanty town). Note that to see the quest you need to unlock the HW and SB versions of the SSS dummy first, which are located just outside Idylshire and Rhalgar's Reach, respectively.

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Au'Ra
    Man

I was thinking Shiva's music was underwhelming literally seconds before the drop hit and was proven immediately wrong

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    THE DROP

liEt3nH.png
This discussion has been closed.