As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Borderlands] Sorry, your Vault is on another planet...

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    If you are on PC I am pretty sure there was a fast travel mod for General Knoxx.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    If you are on PC I am pretty sure there was a fast travel mod for General Knoxx.

Yeah, you have to install the Oasis mod which allows custom maps and then the dlc fast travel map which is a central hub that has travel to all unique locations in all the dlcs.

It's not as convenient as if they had added actual fast travel stations to the Knoxx maps, but it still faster than driving everywhere.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

Yeah, you have to install the Oasis mod which allows custom maps and then the dlc fast travel map which is a central hub that has travel to all unique locations in all the dlcs.

It's not as convenient as if they had added actual fast travel stations to the Knoxx maps, but it still faster than driving everywhere.

They ay the time didn't think they'd get dlc which was why its a little janky

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Sorce wrote: »
    The only drawback I ever experienced in Knoxx was the fact that there was only the one fast travel station. Like, it was quicker to just quit out of the game and reload your character then to drive from one side of the map to the, well, middle.

Yeah after the allure of driving the highways wears off (and it wears off like almost immediately) the lack of fast travel just drives you nuts

Like I said, the vehicles feel like you're driving a potato and I don't think BL2 did much to fix that because I did get to some of the driving spots in that one.

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular

If you listen closely, you can hear my angry scream. How the hell did I not know about this mod! Driving through empty spaces is the worst part of Borderlands! Goddamnit. I really hope they improve on that in BL3

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    In 2 it wasnt so bad but there were maps that should have had catch a rides that didn't and the dlc vehicles were all shit

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Yeah, the only good car in BL1 was the Racer in the Knoxx DLC, but you can't use it anywhere else.

sig.gif
  • Options
    The Lance car is fun but you need 4 people to make any use of It

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    It is kind of funny that vehicles are always included in BL, and yet every time the vehicle sections are almost 100% trash.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    I hope they put chests EVERYWHERE this time. Always a little sad when I checked some nook somewhere and nothing. Probably not going to happen, but I can dream.

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    I hope they put chests EVERYWHERE this time. Always a little sad when I checked some nook somewhere and nothing. Probably not going to happen, but I can dream.

Ehh the problem with that is that if they do put chest everywhere then they will either be useless ( the bl2 scenario) or will be nerfed into the ether ( the bl1 new haven scenario) . Rather they have hard to find or tricky chests that have higher quality average.

• Options

Ehh the problem with that is that if they do put chest everywhere then they will either be useless ( the bl2 scenario) or will be nerfed into the ether ( the bl1 new haven scenario) . Rather they have hard to find or tricky chests that have higher quality average.

I think Xed is saying he wants to be rewarded for exploring those nooks and grannies rather than "and nothing is here".

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    It is kind of funny that vehicles are always included in BL, and yet every time the vehicle sections are almost 100% trash.

I liked the hover jobbies from TPS.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I liked the vehicles in the BL2 DLC. An airboat and a hovering sandskiff thing. They had good maneuverability.

• Options
    cB557 wrote: »
    I liked the vehicles in the BL2 DLC. An airboat and a hovering sandskiff thing. They had good maneuverability.

They didn't though they just drifted everywhere and had bad weapons

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    It's not a competitive multiplayer game so put normal chests or super chests or whatever all over, who cares. Always going to be a better gun out there.

• Options
    It's not a competitive multiplayer game so put normal chests or super chests or whatever all over, who cares. Always going to be a better gun out there.

Yeah that's what's kind of weird about how they nerf drop rates. Like its a looter shooter with random rolls, I want all the loots!!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Someone asked for dakka.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01MOlAL1efw

EDIT: Maliwan, what happened to you? Guns look like defective plasma casters.

I wonder if that's the cost of the element switch.

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    I can still fan the hammer on Jacobs revolvers so I'm a happy man (who will probably roll a female Vault Hunter, Amara looks like she can have some amazing mix ups and synergy and is my number 1 right now, followed closely by F14K).

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    So VIP season 3 is speculated to start in a few days. The weapon offerings available are pretty boss and a nice send off for BL2. There's also skins and heads for 3

Here's a list of all working VIP codes
    https://www.reddit.com/r/borderlands3/comments/bxgq5p/borderlands_vip_program_codes/

And here's a link to the VIP site
    https://borderlands.com/en-US/vip/

(It took me a lot of energy to not use my referral link fyi. )

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Man, I am so glad Bahroo is back in Borderlands.

sig.gif
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Nice to see Cryo is coming back.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    Pet Revive on FL4K makes him my first choice as I mostly play solo.

• Options
    monkeykinsmonkeykins Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Sorce wrote: »
    Have they confirmed crossplay and/or cross-saves yet?

This. Cross play is the only reason I would buy this. Loved 1 and 2, but everyone went to Xbox/PS4 after I went PC (thanks for saying you would switch, friends, then doing the exact opposite).

monkeykins on
  • Options
    edited August 2019

I wonder if you can give the Jabber a gun or it already has one defined.

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Is this still an Epic store exclusive for 6 months? Because thats a huge bummer

• Options
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Is this still an Epic store exclusive for 6 months? Because thats a huge bummer

Yup unless you play on console, also I think it’s a year. Blame Sweeney and pitchford being massive tools.

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    I think you can blame Valve more than anyone for epic store exclusivity

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    edited August 2019

I wonder if you can give the Jabber a gun or it already has one defined.

It seems like he has set weapons but they level up.

Itd be funny if it RNG rolled and he pulled a legendary or something

King Riptor on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Am I weird for not being able to work up any sort of opinion on Epic game store exclusivity? To make a stupid food analogy, it's like being served a burger in a brown wrapper instead of a beige wrapper.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Am I weird for not being able to work up any sort of opinion on Epic game store exclusivity? To make a stupid food analogy, it's like being served a burger in a brown wrapper instead of a beige wrapper.

Ehhh I mean, I don't have the epic game launcher installed on my machine, and I have a bunch of Steam Bucks I could spend on it. I like having all my games in an easy to launch single place.

• Options

If you don’t care you don’t care , if you do then it’s kinda annoying. Just one of those things.

• Options

Besides the complaints I've read about the launcher, one other thing that gives people the jitters is Tencent a.k.a. China.

Valve is TEAM 'MURICA. :P

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    The epic store may have it's issues but they are getting business by offering developers more favorable terms and the frothing legion of players losing their shit over having to use an additional free launcher can all fuck off.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular

It more like the impossible burger. Say, instead of every burger joint selling them, some new Epic Burger opened and paid $Texas to be the only one selling the impossible burger. Instead of making a nice restaurant, they just slapped up some drywall and put some teenager behind the counter, and counted on being the only one selling that burger to get people in the door. Also, there are rumors that people get food poisoning from Epic Burger.

That said, I'm most likely waiting for Steam, not because I hate Epic, but because I really like Steam's UI, and features like in home streaming.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    BullheadBullhead Registered User regular

It more like the impossible burger. Say, instead of every burger joint selling them, some new Epic Burger opened and paid $Texas to be the only one selling the impossible burger. Instead of making a nice restaurant, they just slapped up some drywall and put some teenager behind the counter, and counted on being the only one selling that burger to get people in the door. Also, there are rumors that people get food poisoning from Epic Burger.

That said, I'm most likely waiting for Steam, not because I hate Epic, but because I really like Steam's UI, and features like in home streaming.

Yeah if it was exclusive on GoG, or Humble, I would be annoyed but would probably have still pre-ordered. I'm boycotting EGS largely over their shitheel behavior and the tencent links, not because it isn't on steam. Also I hate exclusives in general.

96058.png?1619393207
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    I mean, if we get right down to it the game is being developed by a company run by a shitheel supreme, so there's also that.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    On the one hand what Epic is doing makes perfect business sense. It's what any company would do, and I can't necessarily fault them for doing it.

On the other hand, the act itself is... not good. They're just walking in and trying to bully the competition away with money. With the bonus that they're being utterly incompetent doing it.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    It's not like Valve didn't bully people with Steam back in the day. There is a reason there is a market for Epic to launch a new store beyond greed. I mean hell EA and Ubisoft did similar stores we can assume because they got tired of Valve taking an unfavorable cut.

But I'm getting BL 3 on console so the war doesn't effect me at all.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    yossarian_livesyossarian_lives Registered User regular
    As a filthy solo pleb I wonder if Iron Bear’s turret can be used by Moze while it’s in automnous stompy mode.

"I see everything twice!"

This discussion has been closed.