As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dauntless] ver 1.0 live. Out on consoles now.. Switch version in the works.

• Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    Trials: Shrowd + Frost Mollusks + Shellshock
    For the hard version, add attacks put you on fire to the mix.

We honestly can’t start Trials off with something easier like a Charrog or so? First Nayzaga, now Shrowd, what’s next? Riftstalker? :wink::lol:

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    I don't know that I care enough to do Trials. It's a fun enough idea for those who want yet harder versions of things, I guess. I just want new things.

Maybe a trial where you fight two or three Behemoths at once.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    I don't know that I care enough to do Trials. It's a fun enough idea for those who want yet harder versions of things, I guess. I just want new things.

Maybe a trial where you fight two or three Behemoths at once.

Hey, that's hard. Do you know how many years it took Capcom to figure out adding a third concurrent monster to hunts?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Asking again. If there is room can I get an invite to the guild?

Xbox Live: EyeRChris
    Epic: EyeRChris

Really loving this game more than Monster Hunter for the ease of access. Managed to bring down Rez multiple times but I"ve only gone up against Shrowd once. Not sure if he is that hard or my random group were suicidal lemmings. Mostly have been trying to level up my Beast ranking so I can level armor up higher.

• Options
    So on August 22nd patch 0.9.2 will arrive, adding stuff like prestige rewards (I hope this means we get better stuff than a silver core when we fill the xp bar of a weapon that is already fully mastery’d).

But more exciting news is that “early september” 0.9.3 will drop, which will contain loadouts.
    You’ll be able to get 6 loadouts for free, and buy 3 loadout slots per 1000 platinum.
    The maximum is 15 loadouts.

A saved loadout contains everything including transmogs and consumables, except for the personality things (banner, firework)

That is a VERY good addition, and the free 6 mean that you have a loadout per element.

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    How aren't they on 1.0 yet? Version numbers seem to be less and less relevant these days.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    With semantic versioning, numbers are never relevant for progress, just change.

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    When are they going to fix the camera bug (on PS4 at least, in the second phase of a lot of battles, clicking L3 no longer centers the camera on the behemoth - it just repositions the camera behind the PC as if out of battle)? It makes beating Embermanes or Shrikes extremely tiresome.

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Looking forwards to saved loadouts, that'll be very handy!

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    OB 0.9.2 Patch notes:
    NEW TO DAUNTLESS

Patrol Chest improvements. The Patrol Chest Boost leaves the store and Patrol Chest Bundles take their place. We’ve also updated the UI for Patrol Chests in several places, making it easier to see how many you have, whether or not one is active, and what you’ll get if you use one. Read more about it on the blog.

Hair tints. Bored with dress code compliant colours? Now you can tint your hair in three new neon shades! Look for two new shades in the in-game store (one in each of the Zephyr Squad packs) and one more on the Hunt Pass Basic Track.

Faction Fight! This new community event pits two Zephyr Squads against one another – and you’re invited to join. Pick a side in the in-game store (look for the Faction Fight tab) and start earning points for your favourite faction. We’ll make the winning side’s lantern free in the store! Click here for all the details.

Zephyr Strike. The second Hunt Pass of the High Skies season begins with 0.9.2! This pass goes neon with cadet-inspired armour, weapons, and aether-shaping emotes. Look for an update on the Hunt Pass page soon!

Styxians. The newest species of aggressive fauna comes equipped with sharp teeth, powerful legs, and the ability to pin Slayers in place. Keep an eye out for them in the upcoming Trials and make sure you fight them off before they knock you down.

New sword special. Parry incoming Behemoth attacks with Avenging Overdrive, a new special move for the sword. Check it out at The Lucky Break after completing this weeks Trial.

New Trials rewards. Lady Luck has updated her inventory and added new weapon mods and cells. Stop by her stall to see what’s in store.

Chain blades specials. We’ve overhauled Reaper’s Dance, making it so Slayers who are brave enough to flip out now have the option to attack from the air. We’ve also added a second alternate special to Lady Luck’s shop. Check out Insatiable Dance next time you have Marks to spend.

QUALITY OF LIFE

Added a new icon above the mirror in Ramsgate Plaza to make it more clear that it’s an interactive object (it’s a shortcut to modify your Slayer Appearance!).

Improved performance in situations where the HUD is visible.

Improved overall performance in Ramsgate.

Fixed a bug where banners could remain on screen when navigating from a banner preview to an emote preview.

Fixed a bug where the FOV slider wasn’t working. Players can now adjust their FOV from 35 to 120 degrees.

Fixed a couple of UI elements that had the wrong name.

Players’ legs and glutes will not longer clip through the Volcanic Treads leg armour.

Sound effects should now be slightly clearer when previewing items on the Personality, Loadout, and Store screens.

Players on lower graphics settings will no longer see banners without proper cloth physics.

Fixed a bug that caused Shrowd shadow clone kills to count toward objectives that required actual Shrowd (Behemoth) kills.

Fixed a bug where teleporting with the Koshai lantern’s held ability would mistarget if it was used while dodging with repeaters drawn.

Pending group invites will now trigger a “!” indicator on the Social HUD.

Fixed an issue where the screen would fade to black multiple times during the arrival cinematic on Burning Rose (island).

Fixed an issue that could cause the framerate to lock during hunts on Burning Rose (island).

Fixed an issue where throwing your axe off a cliff would cause it to fall the ground upon return, triggering the failsafe catch.

Fixed an issue where, under high latency, the axe return from cliff throws could put the axe under the world.

Koshai will no longer destroy its own vines, bringing its mechanics in line with other Behemoth and Behemoth-created object interactions.

Nayzaga’s Scythe (axe) now heals its wielder on all perfectly charged attacks from the secondary combo.

Fixed an issue where camera centering on Shrike and Embermane could stop working after they fled.

Slayers will no longer play the sheathe animation if they emote after throwing the axe.

Fixed an issue where cores would not display after the previous one had dissolved (on the core breaker screen).

Reduced the amount of install space Dauntless takes up on hard drives. Roomy.

Players should no longer see the camera pop after dodging with repeaters equipped.

Slayers will now see a visual indicator when prestiging a Mastery card.

Slayers will now see a notification when they buy platinum or platinum-included bundles. It will display both the item name and quantity of platinum acquired, and will populate after exiting the store screen.

The Draskscale Helmet (helm) should now sit correctly on all characters’ heads.

Scorchstone Hellion’s lavaballs that spew from its volcanoes will now no longer collide and explode under the world.

Fixed a bug that caused the “cores available” marker to remain on-screen if a player quickly backed out of the core breaker UI (with no cores remaining).

Critical hits should now correctly display on creatures and objects.

Fixed a bug where damage text would not animate correctly on certain objects

Fixed a second bug where damage text would show up more than once on a swing.

Fixed a third bug where, in some cases, damage text would not show the correct damage numbers.

Reduced the Normal-difficulty Trials threat level to 18 (from 19) and reduced Behemoth power from to 600 (from 625).

Increased collision volume size on Charrogg’s lobbed fireballs so that they’re more true to the visuals.

Improved audio for the Blinded debuff.

Fixed a bug where a player could get into a temporary (3-second) bad state when using the Koshai Lantern during a trajectory warp.

Fixed a black screen during the arrival sequence on Iron Falls (island).

Fixed a bug where the currency counts in the top right of the Lucky Break (Lady Luck’s store) wouldn’t update until the store was closed and re-opened.

Dimmed the brightness of unachieved rewards in the Trials End of Hunt screen (loss).

Fixed a bug where some hammer clips weren’t visible in menus where the character was visible.

Fixed upward scrolling in the quest log. It should no longer jump to Hunt Pass challenges.

Fixed a bug where Hunt Pass levels might not update immediately after purchasing level skips.

Fixed a bug where banners weren’t consistently showing up in Hunt Pass screens. (Note: The camera may still be zoomed in too far to see the entire banner standard, we are aware of this and working on it!)

Fixed a bug where some dye regions on the Ironclad Helm could not be dyed.

VFX

Bleed VFX from Koshai vines will no longer remain on a player if a vine patch is destroyed while the player is moving in them.

Turned down the intensity of the lighting on the loadout screen.

Successfully reflecting Stormclaw’s lightning ball will now show a little “success!” VFX. Hooray for me! I did it!

Polished Drask’s lightning breath VFX.

Koshai will no longer leave behind permanent spinning leaf VFX after its shield is destroyed.

ONGOING BOREUS TUNING

Players are now able to deal mitigated damage to Boreus’ shield without having a minion buff (players still deal additional damage on next hit when attacking with a buff). Players deal 35% less damage to Lesser Boreus’ shield, 60% less damage to normal Boreus’ shield, and 80% less damage to Dreadfrost and Heroic Dreadfrost Boreus’ shield.

Increased ice shield health a bit to balance out being able to damage shield with regular attacks.

Slightly increased ice shield health for three- and four-player hunts. Slightly decreased ice shield health for one- and two-player hunts.

Made it less likely that Boreus will summon minions immediately after its ice shield breaks.

Fixed an issue where Dreadfrost Boreus had less health than its standard version.

Increased the maximum number of minions that can spawn per player on several of Dreadfrost Boreus’ waves.

Reduced the cooldown on minion spawns to balance out the recently-reduced minion count.

Removed foot and tail damage from the initial jump of Boreus’ 360 attack. All damage now comes from the AoE slam at the end.

Reduced the damage radius on Boreus’ Rage Leap AoE attack.

Dreadfrost Boreus’ charge attack now (1) does a single charge when not enraged and (2) does a double charge when enraged. Occasionally, Boreus will target players with a single charge if Boreus’ ice shield is up. It no longer charges away from players while the shield is up.

Scaled down Dreadfrost Boreus to 95%.

Boreus can no longer use his leap to reposition after activating his shield when below 40% hp.

Boreus can now do its ground stomp while aether charged.

Slightly reduced the frequency of Boreus’ “back away” behavior.

MOLTEN EDICT

Fixed a bug that caused the amount of ammo spent on a charged fireball to be incorrect at most latencies. This could cause the lava pool to fail to spawn at full charge.

The audio for Molten Edict’s explosion should now spawn at the origin in all cases. It previously failed to spawn correctly when fully charged.

BALANCE CHANGES

Rage and Wild Frenzy now are triggered at <50% health, regardless of level. Previously, levels 1-3 required you to be at <30% health.

Rage percent damage per rank has been standardized to match Wild Frenzy (5/8/10/15/20/25 to 5/8/12/16/20/25).

KNOWN ISSUES

Repeaters won’t update to show active parts in screens that preview the weapons. They will only show the default.

Slayers are unable to reach Behemoth Mastery Rank 50

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Big fan of that boreus tweak.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    Just giving this a go on PC, Not too bad not loving it as much as I do MHW (all the loot stuff makes me give it a bit of the side eye) but it’s fun so far and it’s nice having cross platform

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
  • Options
    The additional loadout system is nice.

Don’t forget to define your lantern and potions if you start from scratch!

• Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    Had a great battle earlier vs a Rockfall Skarn. Was just in a pug match just before this and these guys were getting stomped bad and we wiped. Queued up for another try and sadly got the same group and sadly they didnt improve much from the previous fight. Got the skarn to flee then shortly after that the other guys got wiped and we were in Danger mode :(

Ended up getting into the zone and dodged, interrupted and kicked that skarns ass for the next 6 minutes while the rest of the guys watched and finally killed the skarn.

The rest of the team was all "Who the hell is this guy!" "That was insane!"

Felt pretty damn good

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Ooooooh new weapon today. "Aether strikers" a.k.a. punchy knuckles

• Options
    KalTorak wrote: »
    Ooooooh new weapon today. "Aether strikers" a.k.a. punchy knuckles
    Yeah, they’re really fun to play with (especially against a Skarn)

• Options
    I'm mostly just button-mashing so far, but they're very fun.

also the unsheathing/sheathing animation and overall design is really sweet.

• Options
    Loaded up Dauntless again this week, and had a lot of fun with the new mode, Escalation. You fight a gauntlet of Behemoths one after the other, sometimes two at once (been hoping for this since Trials!), often with a bunch of weird modifiers (like packs of smaller human-sized monsters that join them, or showers of volcanic boulders) and if you do well enough you fight a brand new super behemoth at the end. There's no hunting or running around, you'll drop right on top of the behemoths as you move from island to island, and beating a behemoth lets you pick from a set of bonuses called Amps that buff you for the next fight, with things like 'Using Lantern gives you a Health Shield' or 'Dodging an attack gives you Attack Speed' - there's a talent tree system tied to each version of Escalation that lets you unlock and improve more Amps.

There's two versions right now, Shock Escalation and Blaze Escalation, and the new behemoths at the end are totally different and really fun and beautifully animated. They each have one shared mechanic where they'll rip open vents in the ground that'll launch you into the air and let you lasso onto their back to wail on them, Shadow of the Colossus-style, while they try and shake you.

Doing Escalation gets you a ton of behemoth experience so unlocking bonuses is a lot easier, and in Blaze escalation there are new versions of behemoths that are now fire-flavored and have extra moves and behaviors (Fire Rezakiri is the destroyer of worlds). So far its been fun enough that it was well worth getting back into, and there's enough new stuff to unlock like new gear and the Escalation-related talent trees (which give bonuses that carry over to non-Escalation stuff) that I'll probably play at least until the current season ends in two weeks. The game seems busier than ever, I never wait more than a minute or so for a hunt, whether doing Escalation or regular hunts.

New behemoths are absolutely huge.
    p5e75w3tnpn41.png

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    A new escalation is out, Umbral Escalation, with a new behemoth and umbral versions of old behemoths and a new unlock tree and everything. The last two escalations were really fun, especially Fire Escalation, so I'm gonna be checking this new one out for sure. The new armor and weapons from the new behemoth look sweet too. And it just launched with a new season so there's lots to unlock.

iy2i2d6c2o351.jpg

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    I had not picked this up in awhile. Love the escalation system and added stuff. Really such a solid freemium game. Guild seems dead but I suppose that happens.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    Oh, switch version came out? I should really try this again!

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    The event going on right now is if you are farming the umbral escalation, there's a community arrival quest. Teleport in looking thing.

• Options
    a nu starta nu start Registered User regular
    Seidkona wrote: »
    Oh, switch version came out? I should really try this again!

I've been playing on my Switch Lite (handheld mode, obv) and it runs pretty dang good. Minor hitchy-ness when you first load in, but other than that it's smooth. Never felt like I missed a dodge/hit because of framerate.

Number One Tricky
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    Not sure how the game is doing overall but it looks like a pretty significant update is hitting tomorrow; major changes to progression systems as well as a more continuous, open worldish hunt mode.

https://youtu.be/7aUzuUWSIfo

Will be very curious to check this one out, I’ve always enjoyed the time I’ve spent with Dauntless.

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    Yowza.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Spent some time with this yesterday. They made some pretty drastic changes, thought I'd summarize for anyone who's interested:

Weapon/Armor Progression
    They radically overhauled the way you gain combat power. People seem pissed.
    Before: Previously you would craft a piece of gear with parts from a behemoth and it would have a power level relatively in line with that monster's level. You would then level it up from +1 to +15, and the general power level would increase (e.g. 20/30/40/50/60).
    Now:
    • Weapons/Armor are now tiered based on the monster it was crafted from, and each tier has its own base value (20/40/60/80/100).
    • Rather than upgrade individual weapons and armor, you are now increasing weapon skill from 1-20 through killing behemoths and completing bounties.
    • Every weapon level brings a decent increase in weapon power and damage resistance; e.g., your Gnasher Axe is 20 power at Axe Level 1 (20+0) but 420 power at Axe Level 20 (20+400).
    • At Weapon Level 20, you can "reforge" your weapon; this resets your weapon skill to 1 and gives you an item called an Aetherheart. You use an Aetherheart to "power surge" a specific weapon or piece of armor, significantly boosting its base stats (and its associated perks). Gear can only be power surged once, and all power surged gear will have the same base stats regardless of its original tier.
    It's interesting to me for two reasons; one, it's essentially a prestige system that will "encourage" players to continually reset their power level and thus drive them into lower level content, and two, your armor effectiveness is now dictated by your weapon skill (and power surging). I kind of like it, but I can see how people who were heavily invested in the old model are super turned off.

Player Progression
    Before: Your access to content was gated by a combination of Slayer Level, quests, and weapon mastery.
    Now: All of this is jumbled into the new Slayer's Path, where you unlock nodes along the main path by playing the game and getting experience. You then purchase boosts off the main branch (+1 potion, +5% earth resist, etc.) with currency you earn through playing the game. I don't think the currency gain is nearly fast enough for this to work right now, so hopefully they tweak it.

Hunts
    Before: You take a mission from Ramsgate, either a Pursuit (go hunt a specific Behemoth) or a Patrol (select a category of Behemoth and get one at random for extra rewards). You could either do these solo or be matched with up to 3 other players, you'd all go hunt the behemoth (scaled to the number of players in the mission), then you'd go back to Ramsgate and do it again.
    Now: Patrols and Pursuits are gone, replaced with a drop in/drop out mode called Hunting Grounds. Essentially, you pick a specific hunting grounds that are tiered into difficulties based on the behemoths that can spawn there. You then drop into a map that can have up to 5 other players and has behemoths just spawning all over it and...kinda do what you want? It's nonstop action without having to go back to Ramsgate after every single fight. Behemoths scale to the number of players in combat instead of the number of players on the map, so people can be doing lots of different things at once without really impacting each other. There are also hidden chests in the map, as well as special events that occur periodically that seem to follow a general pattern of "environmental hazards + one behemoth + two behemoths at once." They're challenging, I do wish there was a bit more variety though. Notably, the ability to purely solo any content has been removed in favor of this more dynamic mode. Reception is mixed.

I'm really curious to see how this goes for Phoenix Labs. The general reception on Reddit is utterly toxic; they seem to have (at least for now) alienated their hardcore base on the bet that these changes are going to attract a new, larger group of players? It does feel a lot like Paragon and Evolve radically altering their approaches to try to attract new players, and both of those games shut down shortly afterwards. I guess we'll see.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    This game has been around longer than I thought it would.

Is it still pretty active?

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    I played Dauntless a while ago, and I'm not quite grasping the armor changes.

"[armor/gear] would have a power level relatively in line with that monster's level" vs "Armor are now tiered based on the monster it was crafted from". How are those not the same?

And does that mean literally the only way to upgrade armor is by upgrading your weapon and using the Aetherheart on it?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    This game has been around longer than I thought it would.

Is it still pretty active?

Couldn't say based on pure numbers, but as a middling player all of my maps have been full? At least for now. No idea what "end game" looks like.
    kime wrote: »
    I played Dauntless a while ago, and I'm not quite grasping the armor changes.

"[armor/gear] would have a power level relatively in line with that monster's level" vs "Armor are now tiered based on the monster it was crafted from". How are those not the same?

And does that mean literally the only way to upgrade armor is by upgrading your weapon and using the Aetherheart on it?

The only way to upgrade base stats on armor is to power surge it with an Aetherheart you get from reforging a weapon (not sure how well thought through this was), and a lot of your armor's effectiveness is actually driven by your weapon skill for your equipped weapon. I guess the purpose of the latter is so that after you reforge a weapon, you're not automatically an unkillable god king as you go through low level content to relevel your weapon.

• Options
    Oh nooo~!
    They burned down the old town!

We fear change.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    It sounds like they've almost completely abandoned being a Monster Hunter clone, then?

• Options
    Oh nooo~!
    They burned down the old town!

We fear change.

The old town was blown up two or three seasons ago. After the void runner plot line it was basically swallowed completely by the void and we had to open a giant portal to do an emergency evacuation to the new islands.

• Options
    jothki wrote: »
    It sounds like they've almost completely abandoned being a Monster Hunter clone, then?

In several ways it's now more like monster hunter, in that monster hunter often dropped you into a larger world which had multiple monsters, fauna, and some exploration. But they've gone a step further and done it as ONLY the exploration mode where you'd just keep hunting random stuff forever so far.

The fact that they've called this version "Version 1.0" sort of suggest this is what they were always hoping to do but had to build to.

I really, REALLY hope they are able to bring the playerbase around because I think they've done some great work so far, they keep improving in big ways (mostly), and all in all they've added a really fun game loop that can be built on.

• Options
    JeixJeix Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

In several ways it's now more like monster hunter, in that monster hunter often dropped you into a larger world which had multiple monsters, fauna, and some exploration. But they've gone a step further and done it as ONLY the exploration mode where you'd just keep hunting random stuff forever so far.

Been thinking of giving Dauntless another try, would you say this area is similar to the Guiding Lands in Monster Hunter World?

• Options
    edited December 2020
    Jeix wrote: »

Been thinking of giving Dauntless another try, would you say this area is similar to the Guiding Lands in Monster Hunter World?

I haven't gotten to try it yet, but yes I think that's a decent enough comparison. Except it doesn't include targeted expeditions/objectives that I know of.

Darkewolfe on
  • Options

I haven't gotten to try it yet, but yes I think that's a decent enough comparison. Except it doesn't include targeted expeditions/objectives that I know of.

Yeah, the specific Hunt and Patrol missions were removed, so it's now Hunting Grounds, where you run around fighting however many monsters you want, and Escalation, where you fight a half-dozen monsters in a row, capping off with an especially powerful boss.

Honestly, I was looking forwards to Hunting Grounds a lot and I do like it, but I'm going to miss the specific single-monster missions, and I don't really see the advantage to the game in removing them. You now have no option to test out dedicated builds or run solo hunts, and Escalations are a lot less impactful since fighting multiple monsters in a row is now the norm.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Did they change the mechanic where it tracks how poorly your group is doing and cuts you off from revives if you mess up too badly? I'd think that wouldn't work very well with multi-monster missions.

• Options
    edited December 2020

Yeah, the specific Hunt and Patrol missions were removed, so it's now Hunting Grounds, where you run around fighting however many monsters you want, and Escalation, where you fight a half-dozen monsters in a row, capping off with an especially powerful boss.

Honestly, I was looking forwards to Hunting Grounds a lot and I do like it, but I'm going to miss the specific single-monster missions, and I don't really see the advantage to the game in removing them. You now have no option to test out dedicated builds or run solo hunts, and Escalations are a lot less impactful since fighting multiple monsters in a row is now the norm.

I'd imagine it was in service of reducing the number of hoppers splitting the playerbase. To your point, it's sort of antithetical to the strength/weakness system on weapons and armor though; since multiple behemoths of various types are going to spawn in a given hunting ground, the best you can do is create a loadout that either makes one specific type easier or ensures you're not generally destroyed by all of them. It's a very different paradigm in terms of prepping for a hunt.
    Did they change the mechanic where it tracks how poorly your group is doing and cuts you off from revives if you mess up too badly? I'd think that wouldn't work very well with multi-monster missions.

You get 3 self revives per hunting ground session (I think these restock at supply crates). You can use them in a fight, but they increase the danger meter significantly. After you use up your self revives you can still self revive, but there's a timer instead of it being instant (e.g. you now have to wait ~20 seconds before self reviving).

Edit: Looks like dying increases the danger meter, and getting rezzed by a teammate slightly lowers the danger meter (versus rezzing yourself which just leaves the meter where it is).

Grundlestiltskin on
  • Options

You get 3 self revives per hunting ground session (I think these restock at supply crates). You can use them in a fight, but they increase the danger meter significantly. After you use up your self revives you can still self revive, but there's a timer instead of it being instant (e.g. you now have to wait ~20 seconds before self reviving).

Back in beta it was just one self-revive, I'm guessing that adding more was the fix for that then? Does this mean that you can never fail as long as at least one person stays alive for 20 seconds?