As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MCU] Nevermind, just a case of the ol' ALF method.

• Options
    ThirithThirith Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Wouldn't Ruffalo also have performed the Hulk (motion capture and voice acting), though? Or do you also think he phoned that part in?

Thirith on
    webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
  • Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    Ragnorok Hulk like fire, Infinity War like water.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    "C'mon, ya big green asshole!" and "Oh, you guys are screwed now!" were great moments.

• Options
    NinjeffNinjeff Registered User regular
    All worth it for the Hulk we get in Endgame i say.

• Options
    "C'mon, ya big green asshole!" and "Oh, you guys are screwed now!" were great moments.

I wasn’t a huge fan of the entirety of the Banner/Hulk plotline from Infinity War being resolved off screen.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

I wasn’t a huge fan of the entirety of the Banner/Hulk plotline from Infinity War being resolved off screen.

I'm sympathetic to this viewpoint, but when the Russo's say they tried and it just didn't work, well I'm inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
  • Options

I'm sympathetic to this viewpoint, but when the Russo's say they tried and it just didn't work, well I'm inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Then why have it in the first place?

It’s not like they changed writers and directors between movies. Hulk wasn’t a threat to Thanos and didn’t need to be removed to make the story work, they just added and resolved character drama for no reason.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular

It’s not like they changed writers and directors between movies. Hulk wasn’t a threat to Thanos and didn’t need to be removed to make the story work, they just added and resolved character drama for no reason.

They needed Professor Hulk for the first Snap. Regular Hulk wouldn’t have been able to do it.

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »

They needed Professor Hulk for the first Snap. Regular Hulk wouldn’t have been able to do it.

Also it's been five years; having characters grow and move past the previous film is a way to show that.

• Options
    -Loki- wrote: »

What I mean is, you don’t need Infinity War’s Banner and Hulk personality conflict in order to reach Professor Hulk. Just having Hulk’s might and Banner’s mind losing to Thanos is all that was needed, their interpersonal conflict ended up being filler.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Shadowen wrote: »

Just another reason
    Cap should have died

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Tox wrote: »

Just another reason
    Cap should have died

Yeah but then in that situation the problem is he's definitely coming back when they make a new figure.

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular

That...is the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen :cry:

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Pretty cool, but my favorite alt. use of that track is still the Death Star trench run.

• Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/10/15/kevin-feige-marvel-chief-creative-officer/

Kevin Fiege has been named Chief Creative Officer over ALL of Marvel.

TV (Loeb), Film, and Comics(Buckley/Quesada) all report to him now.

This could be HUGE.

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Oh that's gotta chap Loeb's ass something fierce and that warms my soul in the best of ways.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    I'm happier that it probably chaps Perlnutter's ass even harder.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    p222n2lch6du.jpg

I wasn't expecting this so soon but OK, guess that's one Christmas present to myself sorted.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Does it come with a cool toy like the Tesseract and Orb?

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular

Sadly Perlmutter is still in charge on business related stuff like sales, but this should remove his influence on anything creatively.

• Options
    Nope, these are just the discs plus postcard art print thingies. £52 quid, which is more expensive than the others they've released, but what the hey.

• Options
    Is that really the box art? It looks like something a bootlegger would do.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    It's in line with the others. Big infinity stone (or all of them) in the middle, stars of the films in the box staggered on the sides. It's thinner and cheaper than buying separates, and the spine fits alongside the other 3 sets I have, so I'm happy.

I think the cover looks fine, but YMMV.

• Options
    ThirithThirith Registered User regular
    Only in 50% of all cases. The others may have some dust at the bottom of the box.

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
  • Options
    Thirith wrote: »
    Only in 50% of all cases. The others may have some dust at the bottom of the box.

They’ll mail it to you in five years.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Thirith wrote: »

They’ll mail it to you in five years.

Leave a forwarding address if you move, because it'll be sent to your old one.

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular

Oh, that's the guy I was thinking of, not Loeb.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    NinjeffNinjeff Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    p222n2lch6du.jpg

I wasn't expecting this so soon but OK, guess that's one Christmas present to myself sorted.

Some how i love the fact that Ant-Man is the only one doing the "over the shoulder look" and all of the females are in proper power stance.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that was Paul Rudd's idea. lol

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Just rewatched Far From Home, what an excellent movie. Some of the most comic book ass scenes in a movie with Mysterio's illusions. Up there with Doctor Strange as a movie that still wows me with it's action scenes.

Also I just now realized the end of the movie, MJ and Peter meet right by Grand Central Station, where the iconic battle of NY kicked off. Nice stuff here, I didn't notice the first time.

• Options
    FANTOMASFANTOMAS Flan ArgentavisRegistered User regular
    Ninjeff wrote: »
    Bogart wrote: »
    p222n2lch6du.jpg

Some how i love the fact that Ant-Man is the only one doing the "over the shoulder look" and all of the females are in proper power stance.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that was Paul Rudd's idea. lol

I wouldnt put money on the actors getting personally involved in the packaging design of every re-edition, but its a nice touch.

Yes, with a quick verbal "boom." You take a man's peko, you deny him his dab, all that is left is to rise up and tear down the walls of Jericho with a ".....not!" -TexiKen
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Ninjeff wrote: »
    All worth it for the Hulk we get in Endgame i say.

See, i HATED Endgame hulk. It was banner who was green. Way, way less interesting than some of the things that have and can be done with hulk. (Hells, seriously people if you want some quality Horror, check out Immortal Hulk. Short pitch: Hulk cant die. Banner can. So if you kill banner... the hulk rises. Good fun for the whole family!). Even as a take on professor hulk, it just felt really flat to me - there was nothing that made it feel like a synthesis of the two characters.

Ah well.

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    I'm betting we're gonna be revisiting that and find out that Banner and the Hulk didn't bond, Banner just shoved Hulk in a box and took over complete control.

Then we're gonna get full Hulk back and he's gonna be pissed. I'm still waiting for a proper Hulk-out scene where he's not just jobbing to make something else look nastier.

• Options
    I dunno. Prof Hulk was different than normal Banner. Prof Hulk was way more confident and self assured than Banner has been. I sorta think we're done with Hulk's story for awhile. I'd like more of him but I don't know where he'd show up.

• Options
    I thought Hulk vs Ancient One was pretty clever.

It reminds me of an older western RPG’s boss that you can’t beat with a normal battle, but with dialog instead. Banner tried to just take it and she smacked the shit out of him.

He had to pass a speech check in order to get the stone.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    I dunno. Prof Hulk was different than normal Banner. Prof Hulk was way more confident and self assured than Banner has been. I sorta think we're done with Hulk's story for awhile. I'd like more of him but I don't know where he'd show up.

She-Hulk

Taramoor on
  • Options
    Taramoor wrote: »

She-Hulk

I would be completely fine with this.

Though I also want the sorta 4th wall breaking She-Hulk and I'm not sure both mix well.

• Options

She-Hulk

Though I also want the sorta 4th wall breaking She-Hulk and I'm not sure both mix well.

Put her in Deadpool 3?

steam_sig.png

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular

She-Hulk

Put her in Deadpool 3?

That would be a good fit. I’d like to see her alongside DP, Domino, and the rest of the team.

• Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular

She-Hulk

Also, Amodeus Cho or Hulkling. Professor Hulk would actually be perfect as the mentor in a "new generation of heroes" lineup.

This discussion has been closed.