As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Streaming Services] You love them, you hate them, you have them all.

• Options
    paulcjohnson171paulcjohnson171 Registered User new member
    Anybody else having problems with Disney+ on a Roku tv? I just can't get anything to load/play...

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Carpy wrote: »
    How do Disney+ logins work with Hulu? My D+ credentials get me into the D+ and ESPN+ apps but Hulu isn't recognizing them.

Edit: yes, paying for the bundle and trying to login on the various Xbox apps

@Carpy you need to create a Hulu specific login using the email you signed up to Disney+ with.

Your welcome email (not the billing confirmation one) should have a link to do this if you click on the Hulu link.

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    LostNinja wrote: »
    Carpy wrote: »
    How do Disney+ logins work with Hulu? My D+ credentials get me into the D+ and ESPN+ apps but Hulu isn't recognizing them.

Edit: yes, paying for the bundle and trying to login on the various Xbox apps

@Carpy you need to create a Hulu specific login using the email you signed up to Disney+ with.

Your welcome email (not the billing confirmation one) should have a link to do this if you click on the Hulu link.

Much appreciated. I'll give that a shot this afternoon.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Apparently Disney+ has a hard limit of ten devices per account with no way to remove old devices. I have two computers, a Chromebook, two phones, a tablet, and two TVs on the account. How long before Disney is forced to go back on this, especially with people reusing passwords (ugggghhhh) and having all of their logins already used?

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Not being able to remove old devices seems shortsighted, but are there that many people who need more than ten devices on their account? My family doesn't own ten devices we could theoretically use with it, much less ten we'd want to.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Apparently Disney+ has a hard limit of ten devices per account with no way to remove old devices. I have two computers, a Chromebook, two phones, a tablet, and two TVs on the account. How long before Disney is forced to go back on this, especially with people reusing passwords (ugggghhhh) and having all of their logins already used?

Device refresh cycles will hit eventually.

• Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Not being able to remove old devices seems shortsighted, but are there that many people who need more than ten devices on their account? My family doesn't own ten devices we could theoretically use with it, much less ten we'd want to.

I mean three TVs and four phones and you’re almost there, and that’s a fairly typical family setup.

We have a two person household. Two TVs, two phones, two tablets, two laptops, and one desktop. That’s nine. Sure, you can get into the “but do you really need to use it on your desktop” question. But then you’re telling people how to use their own devices. It’s not a reasonable restriction.

I can see limiting how many devices can authenticate from outside your home network, though. That might be an option.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    When you try and watch Dinsey+ on your phone it should force you to watch 10 seconds of the scowling visage of Walt Disney as he slowly shakes his head at you in disappointment :P

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Digging into the Xmen cartoon for the first time in over a decade. As soon as the early 90's butt rock started to swell when Jubilee is fleeing the Sentinal from the mall, I was 12 years old again, with a giant shit-eating grin.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    The season 2 finale of Jack Ryan isn't just bad, it's offensively bad.

Jesus christ.

• Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    I'm watching darkwing duck. Disney plus is the best.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    RickRude wrote: »

Oh God.

I was excited when my friends started talking about watching Gargoyles on the service...

But this makes me think all the Disney shows from my childhood are available!

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular

I got 3 from that era (DW, Ducktales, Rescue Rangers) in my watchlist. Makes me giddy as a schoolboy.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »

Oh God.

I was excited when my friends started talking about watching Gargoyles on the service...

It even had Gummi Bears...

• Options

Oh God.

Oh shit gargoyles is on this? I had added ducktales and rescue rangers, really want to watch gargoyles now

• Options
    Not only is Gargoyles on there, it's completely unedited. It's the first time you can watch it as originally intended since the 90s, outside of dvd.

• Options
    Ketar wrote: »
    Not only is Gargoyles on there, it's completely unedited. It's the first time you can watch it as originally intended since the 90s, outside of dvd.

How was it edited before ?

• Options
    GiantGeek2020GiantGeek2020 Registered User regular
    edited November 2019

Oh God.

Oh shit gargoyles is on this? I had added ducktales and rescue rangers, really want to watch gargoyles now

Oh crap, I haven't added ducktales, darkwing duck and rescue rangers to my watchlist.

Edit: And Talespin is on there!

GiantGeek2020 on
  • Options
    ColanutColanut Siedge WealdRegistered User regular
    Odds and bits:

The Jeff Goldblum show on Disney+ is fun and quirky if you dig his style.
    Amazon has Vikings season 5.2. I don’t get notifications so it was a surprise.
    His Dark Materials on HBO is pretty good.
    The Mandilorian rocks, but you knew that.
    Having access to The Simpsons and Gravity Falls is great.
    I did enjoy Carnival Row.
    Looks like Man in the High Castle season 4 is up (final season).
    Amazon has Space: 1999! on Prime (left field)
    I really liked The Boys.
    I am enjoying Wu Assassin, on Netflix. Also season 2 of Knightfall was released (they also fixed the title font to something more olde knights appropriate)
    On Netflix, after finishing Mindhunter season 2, they were promoting Green Eggs and Ham for up next. Not sure if that was appropriate or if they were promoting the reverse.

Seems like a good time for streaming. With Watchmen on deck and especially with next The Expanse season coming soon. I may never leave the house until summer. And new season of Dragon Prince?

Any recommendations for Marvel live action series that are on Disney?

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Finished Samurai Cop 1. If you have some friends that enjoy bad movies and some alcohol then you are in for a treat! I've never laughed so hard...

And then we watched Parole Violaters (it's up on YouTube for free) and that movie was solid fucking gold. We had a ton of laughs with that one.

And finally we ended the night with Samurai Cop 2. Which had Tommy Wiseau in it. I figured it was a good sign.... Holy shit it was painful. They literally brought back everyone from 25 years ago. It wasn't good, everything was digitally added... God what a waste of $2.

I see there's another Samurai Cop movie to watch... Not sure if I want to do it.

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    No one knows much of anything about the live action stuff yet, so won't be getting any recommendations for those.

Oh, older stuff, right! Agents of Shield is pretty good once it gets going. Mostly.

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    No one knows much of anything about the live action stuff yet, so won't be getting any recommendations for those.

There are some older live action Marvel series on there already.

Stay far away from Inhumans. Agent Carter has a good rep, but I haven't watched it myself. Runaways is pretty good. Can't recall what else is there right now.

• Options
    @urahonky There's only two Samurai Cop movies that I know of. If you're talking about the listing for Revenge of the Samurai Cop, that's just a different edit of Samurai Cop 2.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    @urahonky There's only two Samurai Cop movies that I know of. If you're talking about the listing for Revenge of the Samurai Cop, that's just a different edit of Samurai Cop 2.

I have to believe that the new edit makes the movie better because it can't make it worse lol.

But 2 out of 3 fun movies isn't a bad ratio.

• Options

There are some older live action Marvel series on there already.

Stay far away from Inhumans. Agent Carter has a good rep, but I haven't watched it myself. Runaways is pretty good. Can't recall what else is there right now.

Agent Carter is awesome. Maybe better than agents of shield.

• Options
    Yeah, Agent Carter is just ruthlessly charming, largely on the strengths of Haley Atwell. And they're short seasons, so it's totally worth your time.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    I'm watching it now with my gf. Still fun a 2nd time and she absolutely loves it. She loves Peggy, and it's great seeing a strong female lead.

• Options
    Anybody with a decent sound setup and Disney+ owes it to themselves to watch Fantasia. Its got a killer Dolby mastering job with great channel separation and Night On Bald Mountain was making my sub vibrate my ass from 10 feet away.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    I'm not even sure how this ended up playing on Netflix for me, but Billy On the Street is really cracking me up right now. I could really use even 1/100th of Billy Eichner's manic energy.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

Oh, older stuff, right! Agents of Shield is pretty good once it gets going. Mostly.

Look, the first part of the first season is really rough. Watch the pilot and then skip to TRACKS if you don't want to sit through a bunch of mediocre episodic stuff.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I thought season 1 of Agent Carter was better than season 2, but I'm sad it didn't get renewed for a season 3.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Does anybody else have really awful video/audio desync issues with Disney+ on PS4? I watched Captain Marvel last night and had to pause and rewind a dozen times. Similar problems with the 2nd episode of Gravity Falls on Wednesday.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Look, the first part of the first season is really rough. Watch the pilot and then skip to TRACKS if you don't want to sit through a bunch of mediocre episodic stuff.

And never watch Inhumans unless you want to hate watch something with a fiery passion.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Is it just me or was Gargoyles kind of ahead of its time having a Hispanic female lead? Also man that main theme is good.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Is it just me or was Gargoyles kind of ahead of its time having a Hispanic female lead? Also man that main theme is good.

Disney has a pretty decent number of Hispanic characters in general outside of the Princess line.

• Options
    lwt1973 wrote: »

And never watch Inhumans unless you want to hate watch something with a fiery passion.

I would almost recommend skipping the Inhumans season of S.H.I.E.L.D, too, except they do some important character development and also Kyle Mclachlan.

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    lwt1973 wrote: »

I would almost recommend skipping the Inhumans season of S.H.I.E.L.D, too, except they do some important character development and also Kyle Mclachlan.

That was the last season I watched. I remember thinking it was getting kind of dumb. Does it get better after that season? Should I pick it back up?

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    That Sturgill Simpson Sound & Fury special on Netflix is ambitious but not rubbish but also gets a little too thin at the end (although there is an important post credit scene tying into the story), it's very front loaded with both the music and animation and the best songs are part of the "main" story, and a lot of the 3D assets are borrowing from the director's other movie Batman Ninja, but I really like this idea of trying to Heavy Metal a full album release in an era where it's just Vevo videos and singles. This is an interesting potential market to tap for Netflix or the other streaming companies, a way to make a full album have credibility again while also being a possible way to farm potential directing/animation/even acting talent and being a music or visual background listening selection for people. Hell, it would be a really nice thing to potentially sell to restaurants and more modern office waiting areas as opposed to cable news or daytime TV. So let's have a Magic Dance or Scandal or Turbowolf or Twice album videos ok thank you.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Sound and Fury is great even if it’s definitely not the best

wbBv3fj.png
This discussion has been closed.