Options

[Pokémon] Scorbunnies and Shedinja: Hatching Dreepy 1000 times

• Options
    Satanic JesusSatanic Jesus Hi, I'm Liam! with broken glassesRegistered User regular
    Wish I could join in on all the new pokemon, a ghost dragon sounds sweet, but until I can afford to get a switch and swsh, I shall be over here working on Black 2 postgame.

my backloggery 3DS: 0533-5338-5186 steam: porcelain_cow goodreads
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Ghost dragon is sweet. What is better is that in it's final form
    It's a ghost dragon that shoots smaller ghost dragons!

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »

I wrecked myself in the end game by insisting on using it because it was just "here's a gauntlet of steel types" but you know what some times you need to stick to your principles and lead on your best ghost dragon stealth attack plane

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Hi what pokemon is this and where do i get it?

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Hi what pokemon is this and where do i get it?

Dreepy, or as I call himドラメシヤ

I got him through a random trade, dunno where you find him normally

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    He's a 1% or 2% encounter in The Lake of Outrage section of the wild area, gotta be under specific weather conditions too. The 2% weather only pops up after the end of the game.

Probably best to get someone to breed one for ya. I can if you need one.

Also I've been getting a living dex rolling, so I've got a handful of the rarer ones, if anyone needs a Dreepy, Feebas, or Dhelmise hit me up.

Still looking for a few,
    Deino, Goomy, Corsola, Mimikyu, Mawile, Sableye, Riolu, Drampa, and Turtonator seem like they're gonna be the ones that are gonna end up being just a waiting game if anyone has one I'll trade whatevs.

Kanden on
  • Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    I'll trade you a Corsola and a Mawile for a Dhelmise and Feebas.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Tight I'm at work right now as soon as I get home I'll breed em up. I think I've got a spare prism scale if you want me to toss it onto the Feebas so you'd get a level 1 Milotic instead

Kanden on
  • Options
    Yeah that'd be neat. Just going for dex completion at this point.

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    so I got the pokemans

Sw-2549-6963-9580

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Taya wrote: »

I just got that Appletun and they're adorable <3<3

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    @Sir Fabulous hopping on now, in game name is Nik, gonna use 6291 as the code. I'll just leave it searching the the background for a while if you hop on.

Kanden on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Ok... The fossil pokemon are fucking abominations

• Options
    edited November 2019
    @Kanden Searching for you now.

Seems like it might be having some trouble connecting the Nintendo servers.

Edit: Yeah it keeps booting me off the internet. Might have to wait for another time, my friend.

Sir Fabulous on

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Yeah servers seem totally borked rn, hopefully it'll connect us if not we can try again tomorrow or something

Kanden on
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Kanden wrote: »
    He's a 1% or 2% encounter in The Lake of Outrage section of the wild area, gotta be under specific weather conditions too. The 2% weather only pops up after the end of the game.

Probably best to get someone to breed one for ya. I can if you need one.

Also I've been getting a living dex rolling, so I've got a handful of the rarer ones, if anyone needs a Dreepy, Feebas, or Dhelmise hit me up.

Still looking for a few,
    Deino, Goomy, Corsola, Mimikyu, Mawile, Sableye, Riolu, Drampa, and Turtonator seem like they're gonna be the ones that are gonna end up being just a waiting game if anyone has one I'll trade whatevs.

I would love a beautiful ghost dragon. Is there anything you'd like in return?

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Don't matter to me, if you've got something in that spoiler I'd love one of them, otherwise whatever you got laying around.

Seems like the servers are busted @Sir Fabulous let's just try tomorrow

Kanden on
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular

I wrecked myself in the end game by insisting on using it because it was just "here's a gauntlet of steel types" but you know what some times you need to stick to your principles and lead on your best ghost dragon stealth attack plane

Hey so uh, this might be a little late but it totally learns flamethrower from TRs

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    I got Flapple! I haven't compared their stats, but on aesthetics I kind of like having a weird scrawny fruit-lizard. There are about a dozen turtle or tortoise pokemon already.

• Options
    InvisibleInkInvisibleInk Po,OrRegistered User regular
    Woah damn, my wild, random shiny encounter luck carries on into Shield.
    Shiny Duskull!
    But wait, it's not just any shiny it's the new diamond shiny!
    And its nature is pretty decent so its going on the team. On my way to the 3rd gym now.

3DS-3995-6602-5217
    NNID-InvisibleInk
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Butler wrote: »
    I got Flapple! I haven't compared their stats, but on aesthetics I kind of like having a weird scrawny fruit-lizard. There are about a dozen turtle or tortoise pokemon already.

Neither are great stat-wise but Flapple has a better shot at being useful because it can make use of Dragon Dance.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    chonky apple dragon has decent bulk but its movepool is quite bad, its really sad

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    chonky apple dragon has decent bulk but its movepool is quite bad, its really sad

God it's so bad... Dragon and Grass and... that's it. That's it's special coverage. It needed a better movepool and a little more bulk and it would be fine. Or swap it's attack and sp. attack - its physical attack selection is pretty good.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Thinking about how horrifying it could be to have these fossils in a Detective Pikachu movie

Thinking about how you probably couldn’t do that without making them the entire premise of the movie

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    imo from what i've seen so far the new pokemon have a dearth of attackers

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular

Hey so uh, this might be a little late but it totally learns flamethrower from TRs

I also didn't realize that post game watts would be flying at you from all directions so I horded TRs through the entire story

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular

Dragapult (stupid fast, can go physical/special/mixed but lacks a strong Physical Ghost STAB), Galarian-Darmantian (hits like a nuclear bomb) and Barraskewda (glass cannon who is busted in the rain) are the most solid I think, Legendaries not included, but there are a few more new ones that can do some really interesting builds.

Grimsnarl can run a bulk up set with with 2 strong STABs and a priority move (or drop something for coverage), Hatterene can do some stuff with Calm Mind, G-Rapidash gets Swords Dance, a great movepool, and Toxic immunity, Polteageist probably has potential with Nasty Plot or taking advantage of weak armor. I'm probably not going to get dragged back into the competitive scene, but I like a bunch of the new mons a lot.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    edited November 2019

Rather, all the attackers that could be good are way too split between their attack stats to be useful. Boltund doesn't need 90 in both attacks! Flapple is clearly only ever going to be physical, put some of that 95 spatk somewhere else! You didn't give physical technician gear grind Toxtricity any movepool support, put some of that atk into literally any bulk!

Even Dragapult is in a wonky spot with psuedo-legend stats, because it's so deeply invested in both attacks and speed that it's surprisingly fragile. Not having any 4x weaknesses is a blessing for a pseudo, though. All the fossils, considering their very strong signature physical move that synergizes well with speed, would have done much better with a bit less in spatk and a little more in speed.

I know doubling up on attack stats isn't something new to Pokemon design, but I'd sure wish they'd quit it.

Edit: Oh there is shell smash stored power Polteageist, which is hilarious.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    precisely

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Oh you don't think there are any good attackers this generation?

Belly Drum Eiscue's coming your way.

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    pokemon thread, lay it on me: what's looking good competitively?
    i hit the postgame and i'm almost ready to start hunting stuff down and breeding good stuff.

i'm currently looking at mamoswine / corviknight / g. rapidash as pokemon who seem good and that i also like.
    centiscorch seems like half the bug volcarona ever was and with new skarmory on the loose i don't know if it's even a good type combo.

is gigantimax relevant over dynamax to the point that i need it?

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Yesterday I finally beat the league.

So yeah, this whole event was the coolest a Pokemon League has ever been by a significant distance. This was hype as shit. And, not gonna lie, if this had been a real match, no items, I'm pretty sure Leon would have kicked my ass, holy shit.
    The bastard even hard read me at one point!

I had Corviknight out when he brought out Charizard, so I was like "okay, he'll Max and use a Max Fire move, let's bring Drednaw back out, it's super resistant to fire so it's almost a free switch."
    /JoJo piano starts playing
    Leon: "Nope, predicted. Max Overgrowth"

Needless to say, I did not have a Drednaw after that.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Lucedes wrote: »
    i hit the postgame and i'm almost ready to start hunting stuff down and breeding good stuff.

i'm currently looking at mamoswine / corviknight / g. rapidash as pokemon who seem good and that i also like.
    centiscorch seems like half the bug volcarona ever was and with new skarmory on the loose i don't know if it's even a good type combo.

This is the smogon meta right now

Gyarados Hawlucha Scarf Imposter Ditto Eviolite Corsola Ferrothorn Toxapex

That's it every team is a slight variant of that

Dynamax needs to go ASAP

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    battle tower
    god damn it challenger leon
    could you chill even a little bit, all i want to do is beat you to unlock IV checker

i managed to get past him with a rental team, thank god

also @Beasteh that is a gross meta and i am sad.

Lucedes on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Also, I am dying to see people's reactions to fossils in this game as they are something else
    Ok... The fossil pokemon are fucking abominations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgflCE7zRpc

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    Lucedes wrote: »

This is the smogon meta right now

Gyarados Hawlucha Scarf Imposter Ditto Eviolite Corsola Ferrothorn Toxapex

That's it every team is a slight variant of that

Dynamax needs to go ASAP

Haha that's silly

I guess I'm glad I've never been too concerned with the meta. We'll see if anything can stop me from using Unaware Pyukumuku this gen; God knows nothing did last time

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

God it's so bad... Dragon and Grass and... that's it. That's it's special coverage. It needed a better movepool and a little more bulk and it would be fine. Or swap it's attack and sp. attack - its physical attack selection is pretty good.

Ok but have you considered
    VOyQJE5.jpg

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Taya wrote: »
    Polaritie wrote: »

Ok but have you considered
    VOyQJE5.jpg

Oh, it's adorable. It's just got a really bad movepool for special attacks. Although... does anything resist both dragon and grass? Can't recall offhand.

Edit: Yep, Steel does. So I guess anything not Steel type it's probably okay on. Too bad it can't learn Focus Blast.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy