Options

[Warframe] Railjack off to a great/buggy start

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    I'm glad to see the ropopalyst bucks tradition and is actually a well-made, non-buggy boss fight in Warframe

ha ha, just kidding, one player got permanently grabbed and then the boss turned invulnerable and wedged itself in the top of a pillar until we quit out

The best (worst?) Part is that Wisp is a top-tier frame for her buffs, to the point where it is still worth enduring all the bugs to get her parts.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    dipuc4life wrote: »
    I was surprised when the orokin text that used to show up during the loading screen just before a mission popped up the other day. I thought that was a thing of the past but I guess not. Then again I STILL feel like I'm playing catch-up on a whole since there are tons of things I have never dived into in this game. I'm just a filthy FILTHY casual ... that can throw hands when needed.
    What the hell is that text, anyway?

Iron Weasel on
    Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    it's the remnant of some very very old event foreshadowing from the olden times that they just never took out I think

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    I was surprised when the orokin text that used to show up during the loading screen just before a mission popped up the other day. I thought that was a thing of the past but I guess not. Then again I STILL feel like I'm playing catch-up on a whole since there are tons of things I have never dived into in this game. I'm just a filthy FILTHY casual ... that can throw hands when needed.
    What the hell is that text, anyway?

Basically it talks about transfer errors between X and your warframe. Resyncing, etc. It's covered on the wiki leading up to the Second Dream quest.

PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    I just ground out enough Simaris standing for the Companion Weapon Riven mod, and got Deconstructor. It feels like a huge middle finger from the RNG to get a Riven that only my Kodak Moment Prime can put to use, but I guess I’ll go Forma this TRON disc and put a build together. I’m reading that it can dole out some harshness, though. One guy’s advice was to get the hell away from the objective if the enemies are landing Radiation procs. So my initial disappointment has been tempered somewhat.

Yeah Helios with Deconstructor is a god damned beast. Like, it's my go to if I'm using a robo companion because things just randomly die all the time.

I literally don't use it while leveling things or going after Cephalon Jerkface targets because it will kill things too quickly.

Yeah, I got bit by that once, already, while going for a no-abilities, hobbled dragon key riven unlock. The stupid target keeps running at me, while I’m jumping backwards and trying to land the last couple scans. Simaris is bitching at me not to damage him any further, and meanwhile this bozo is yelling, “I AM AWAITED IN VALHALLA!”

Zoku Gojira on
    "Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Foefaller wrote: »
    I'm glad to see the ropopalyst bucks tradition and is actually a well-made, non-buggy boss fight in Warframe

ha ha, just kidding, one player got permanently grabbed and then the boss turned invulnerable and wedged itself in the top of a pillar until we quit out

The best (worst?) Part is that Wisp is a top-tier frame for her buffs, to the point where it is still worth enduring all the bugs to get her parts.

If you have a built out spoiler mode, it's pretty solidly in the middle of the boss annoyance scale

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    So how likely is it that there will a holiday plat sale for PS4?

Slim odds. They occasionally discount platinum but we never see anything close to the 75% that PC players see. It can get pretty steep if you are willing to shell out 75+ dollars.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Darmak wrote: »
    Snip...

Recently I went to trade with someone and it took several minutes to navigate their clan's dojo (it was one of the big ones), with several floors and was large enough that his icon wasn't on my map at first... and the first thing the guy said when I finally got to find the trade kiosks was...

"sorry, I don't know why they built this that way".

So, I guess what I'm saying is if anything put your trade kiosks near the entrance.
    Oh, I'm putting that sucker RIGHT in the spawn room with all the labs one door away and any other significant rooms as few doors away as possible. The real problem and reason why dojos get that way is that oftentimes you can't just move a room. The whole process of remodeling a dojo is a very painful and time-consuming one that is way more difficult than it has any reason to be. Although if they intentionally put the trading kiosk a fair distance away from the spawn point they may have done that so you 'see' their dojo on the way. I'm sorry. I'm not here to take a tour/vacation. I came here to trade. I don't look at anything other than what is necessary to get the items that I want. Also, parts of the dojo that are superfluous can and should be out of the way of business.

Can't you just hit esc to open the menu and click "Trade"?

While I'd have to hop on to confirm, Trade (as if using a kiosk) isn't an option in the dojo menu on console, and the guy was already in the depths of his dojo so he couldn't initiate a trade via the gesture I would imagine/assume if the kiosk would have registered me as in range or something to trade, he could have done it then?

The way their dojo was configured, he wasn't even a blip on my overlay map until I was much farther in to their dojo, so IDK. o_o

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Spoit wrote: »
    Foefaller wrote: »

If you have a built out spoiler mode, it's pretty solidly in the middle of the boss annoyance scale

certainly not as annoying a slog as farming eidolons
    but of course you need to farm eidolons to get a built out spoiler mode so catch 22, unless they have made it easier to get decent amps

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    I think Fortuna has some decent amps but that's it's own grind. Though it's one I massively prefer to Eidolons. I honestly wouldn't even mind the Eidolons as much if you could just queue up for them individually but I think they're long past tweaking anything regarding them.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    the problem with farming ropapolyst is not the difficulty

it's that it is 1k m from the level start, has several unskippable cutscenes and 3 phases which cannot be rushed or skipped

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    furlion wrote: »

Slim odds. They occasionally discount platinum but we never see anything close to the 75% that PC players see. It can get pretty steep if you are willing to shell out 75+ dollars.

Don't worry, I feel lied to when people here made it sound like the 75% discount was pretty common. A year and a half in and I've still not seen above 50%.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Saldonas wrote: »

Don't worry, I feel lied to when people here made it sound like the 75% discount was pretty common. A year and a half in and I've still not seen above 50%.

That's pretty bad luck, I usually get like one and a half a year

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    For the Nintendo Switch clan ... Just an FYI about the build process. If everything goes according to plan we should have the space planned for the Crimson Branch location available by 8:30 PM EDT Friday night. If the update drops before then and I can start the building process by then I'll add it. If I don't have the resources I will place the room and anyone is welcome to contribute to the room completion. Also, I'll probably move all the labs at once on Sunday night around ~8:30 PM EDT unless there are any objections. ALL the labs will be unavailable for a minimum of 24 hours and should be accessible again by ~8:30 PM EDT on Monday. I can always delay moving them if there is anything nightwave related (which I doubt) or if clan members will need access on Sunday night for some reason. I highly doubt that the Dry Dock update will be available within the next few weeks but the space for it will be marked in some manner. PM me for more information.

NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »

That's pretty bad luck, I usually get like one and a half a year

I'm just over 500 days played and I think I've gotten it 3 times, twice within the first couple of months and the last time was about a month ago.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    v4nsbacn33gr.png

i finally did it

now i just need to find a kuva tonkor lich, even if the kuva tonkor has a lower disposition than the base tonkor

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular

It's much rarer than 50%. On the other hand, I feel like the RNG gets weighted toward bigger discounts when you haven't logged in for a while; a case of DE "subtly" trying to entice you to spend some money (with a "big sale!") and come back to the game, be more active than you have been.

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Orphane wrote: »
    v4nsbacn33gr.png

i finally did it

now i just need to find a kuva tonkor lich, even if the kuva tonkor has a lower disposition than the base tonkor

That is an amazingly good Tonkor riven. If you're on PC I'll keep my eyes open for a Tonkor lich (since I'm not a huge fan of the tonkor myself).

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    Why does the Kuva Tonkor have a lower dispos? Isn't it new?

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

Tonkor has higher than 3 I assume.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Polaritie wrote: »

But isn't the Tonkor like super popular?

edit: maybe that was back when it couldn't self-damage.

tastydonuts on
  • Options

It's much rarer than 50%. On the other hand, I feel like the RNG gets weighted toward bigger discounts when you haven't logged in for a while; a case of DE "subtly" trying to entice you to spend some money (with a "big sale!") and come back to the game, be more active than you have been.

I literally got a 75% discount upon logging in for the first time in a year just yesterday so anecdotally yeah that seems pretty likely to be engineered to extract microtransactions the most efficiently

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options

I suspect it’s just pure RNG. Most of my 75% discounts have shown up when I’m in a long-ish stretch of playing every day. Which makes sense to me, intuitively and perhaps statistically.

I’d actually welcome some surreptitiously consumer-friendly manipulation of the RNG, in this and other areas, by DE. Drop tables, in particular, can really screw over a very small segment of the player base when left entirely to the generation of pseudo-random numbers. After a certain number of iterations, say, enough to yield a 90-95% chance to have unlocked all rewards, it’s time to temporarily invert that specific drop table for that particular player.

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

But isn't the Tonkor like super popular?

edit: maybe that was back when it couldn't self-damage.

The Tonkor got re-buffed to almost its former glory. It's self-damaging, but only detonates if hits far enough away, so you'll only blow yourself up if you're catapulting/sprinting yourself quickly forward while the grenade is in flight. It's still a lord among launchers, IMO.
    It currently has a 4-dot (1.3) disposition, because it's actually lost a lot of popularity. The Kuva Tonkor is at 3-dot (1.0) because it's brand new; it might move up if it doesn't see a lot of play, but it (on paper) looks good enough that I expect its disposition will stay below whatever the base model has.

It was my first love, I'm very happy with it in its current form, and I'm very excited for when I get the Kuva version.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    *You have Zero Argon*
    "That's OK. I'll simply add argon little by little over the next few days, doing some farming and getting the usual 3-6 Argon per run.
    *One 20 minute Nekros+Smeeta Kavat run later. You have 12 Argon*
    O.O

Needless to say, the tailsection of my railjack is building as we speak.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    I was pretty jazzed that I got a daily login resource booster in time for the tail segment.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    I need a decent discount coupon soon or I need to actually start selling stuff on the warframe market which is bleeeehhhhh

But 13 plat ain't a lot of wiggle room for anything so

• Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    fjalfjdsak;fjsda

So, my Nightwave bugged to hell on last patch day. I'd finished all Episodes for this week. Patch hits, suddenly they're all back... I have none of my Recovered eps, and doing this past week's gets me nothing. :|

fjadslfjdlkjfkldj I JUST WANT MY UMBRAL FORMA GUYS.

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    fjalfjdsak;fjsda

So, my Nightwave bugged to hell on last patch day. I'd finished all Episodes for this week. Patch hits, suddenly they're all back... I have none of my Recovered eps, and doing this past week's gets me nothing. :|

fjadslfjdlkjfkldj I JUST WANT MY UMBRAL FORMA GUYS.

Yeah, there was a crappy bug that was resetting progress on any nightwaves you didn't make progress towards during a mission. So now you have to redo them but you don't get extra points because you already got the points.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    I might actually do all the recovered and current weeklies to hurry up Nightwave, despite not having equipped a warframe that bothers with Umbra mods in weeks, perhaps months. I like speeding up the focus farming grind, and my map-nuking frame with the Even Greater Zenurik Lens on it definitely has a use for a second Unicorn Forma. Which could mean another five waves of swiping right before I have to divert a modicum of attention span away from my podcasts. I’m learning about the secrets of the universe here, just die and send the next wave already so my spoiler mode can get a little closer to sharing that arcane waybound knowledge.

Zoku Gojira on
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    On the nte of people doing Ropalolyst, did anyone land the Argonak special mod that drops from that? I did that fight like twelve times and got multiples of every other special mod, but not the one for the one weapon there that I actually like. So if anyone has a spare I'd be much obliged.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    I might actually do all the recovered and current weeklies to hurry up Nightwave, despite not having equipped a warframe that bothers with Umbra mods in weeks, perhaps months. I like speeding up the focus farming grind, and my map-nuking frame with the Even Greater Zenurik Lens on it definitely has a use for a second Unicorn Forma. Which could mean another five waves of swiping right before I have to divert a modicum of attention span away from my podcasts. I’m learning about the secrets of the universe here, just die and send the next wave already so my spoiler mode can get a little closer to sharing that arcane waybound knowledge.

The last Nightwave I got to level 60 by completing every goal and I think there was still 1.5-2 weeks of goals where I didn't bother doing them because I was already maxed out. Even taking the random enemy spanws in mission into account I think that means we can almost assuredly only participate in half the weeks and still hit 30.

Not that this will stop me from being pointlessly bothered that I still need a Hydrolyst capture/kill but you should be fine as far as getting the rewards.

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    The mr26 test is pretty nasty.

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Figured out why I was having a hard time with the Rank 8 test, so now I have a few prime guns cooking. I also have some frames in the oven, but I ran out of slots. I'm going to see if a holiday sale surprise hits, but either way I'll be doing the math on a plat buy soon.

Also beat the quest where we learn about a certain mother.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Traded Saryn for Trinity and proceeded to spend nearly all my cryotic on her parts. Was running excavations last night to replenish my supplies and a Gram handle dropped, so that's in the oven alongside Lesion.

Gonna make good use of the couple days of Affinity boost I have left.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    So I guess I missed the PS4 to PC migration bit, which stinks because I spent my platinum on silly stuff to have on the PC. That said I'm totally fine grinding everything from scratch as this is essentially a different game that I played when this launched with the PS4.

. . .also, and I thought this looked insane on the PS4, but wowie-zowie does this look and feel better on a PC. I do have a weird glitch where the game keeps toggling between Xbox and DS4 controller prompts which is annoying. I hear there is a standalone launcher and I might try that (as I'm sure it's a Steam issue)

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    jothki wrote: »
    The mr26 test is pretty nasty.

Limbo modded for sprint speed helps a lot. Still annoying, but being able to ignore the enemies is huge.

Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    ED! wrote: »
    So I guess I missed the PS4 to PC migration bit, which stinks because I spent my platinum on silly stuff to have on the PC. That said I'm totally fine grinding everything from scratch as this is essentially a different game that I played when this launched with the PS4.

. . .also, and I thought this looked insane on the PS4, but wowie-zowie does this look and feel better on a PC. I do have a weird glitch where the game keeps toggling between Xbox and DS4 controller prompts which is annoying. I hear there is a standalone launcher and I might try that (as I'm sure it's a Steam issue)

I’ll stick around for a long while if Warframe simply continues on PS5 and maintains something close to parity in content with the PC version. But there’s a good deal less holding me back from starting over on PC these days, so I might do it if I find the leisure time to put into it. For where I’m at now, a daily login from my couch to run a few missions or complete a sortie is about right.

Zoku Gojira on
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    got my first Lich. His very first act was to steal my Index winnings.

I am going to kill him.

• Options
    Oh boy, liches can claim the index node? Cetus/Fortuna never seemed to get liched so I figured all the special nodes were exempt.

This discussion has been closed.