As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    I'm away for Thanksgiving Dover!! I'm not posting 6 cards on my phone DOVER

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I can't believe you'd even ask Dibby to do that DOVER

oh god, please put down the gun D̶̽̓ͯ̄̎҉͉̖͔̳O̓̋̊͏͓̳͘V̛͍͕̘̟̘͐ͯ͂̒̒́̚͘Eͨ͂͗̓̋ͥ̃̆͘҉̦͇̳̯͇̬̫̰R̥̪̲̟̅̍̅̓͛ͫ͡͝

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Stickyfinger is one hell of an ooze...

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    I can't believe you'd even ask Dibby to do that DOVER

oh god, please put down the gun D̶̽̓ͯ̄̎҉͉̖͔̳O̓̋̊͏͓̳͘V̛͍͕̘̟̘͐ͯ͂̒̒́̚͘Eͨ͂͗̓̋ͥ̃̆͘҉̦͇̳̯͇̬̫̰R̥̪̲̟̅̍̅̓͛ͫ͡͝

Select your pistol, and then, select your Dibby.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    It's like Dibby doesn't even care about Standard anymore.

• Options
    BSoBBSoB Registered User regular
    Shadowbolt draw a card seems good.

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    Stickyfinger is one hell of an ooze...

If Kingsbane were still a thing it would absolutely dunk on it, it doesn't even trigger a deathrattle effect.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    They really need to shorten the first two rounds of BGs.

• Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Haven't played since January. Saw peeps on yt play Battlegrounds, so I logged back in. It's fun. I was gonna post that I need to increase my MMR because I went 4,2,1,1,1 but then a little later I actually got 8th, so all is well.

But I had 2 million popups of different stuff when I logged in, so I think they shoudl just decouple BGs from normal Hearthstone. I really didn't want to sit through unskippable season end / moving cards to wild and whatnot animations. Also on my second login it dropped me into an innkeeper challenge, where it threatened me with the loss of some packs if I canceled it. Just let me play the new thing, Blizz, don't push your old stuff on me.

• Options
    edited November 2019
    DAMN DOVER LOOKS LIKE YOU'RE SLACKING, GUESS I'LL HAVE TO DO IT INSTEAD

cumulo.PNG
    wd.png
    bad-luck-albatross.png
    dragoncaster.png
    arcane-breath.png
    nithogg.png
    bandersmosh.png

Warlock Dragon is a temp name obvs

edirt: i haff opinonions

Cumulo is fucking insane. This is Shaman's Cloud Prince but easier to activate.
    Warlock Dragon seems real good. Jaraxxus HP on a body, basically.
    Albatross is silly. Definite meme card. I'm reminded of Tunneling Weasel.
    Dragoncaster is... interesting. I'm not 100% sure that it's good though. Inkmaster Solia never really saw play, and Naga Sea Witch already exists, soooo....
    Arcane Breath is solid! Nothing more to say there.
    Nithogg is quite interesting. The eggs aren't Deathrattles, so at worst it's 6 mana 5/5 summon two 0/3 taunts, which isn't terrible in most situations? Saves you face damage, right. But... otherwise I dunno. Card might be too situational.
    Bandersmosh.... yeah, uh, I'm not seeing it. I think this one is just bad.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Grobian wrote: »
    Haven't played since January. Saw peeps on yt play Battlegrounds, so I logged back in. It's fun. I was gonna post that I need to increase my MMR because I went 4,2,1,1,1 but then a little later I actually got 8th, so all is well.

But I had 2 million popups of different stuff when I logged in, so I think they shoudl just decouple BGs from normal Hearthstone. I really didn't want to sit through unskippable season end / moving cards to wild and whatnot animations. Also on my second login it dropped me into an innkeeper challenge, where it threatened me with the loss of some packs if I canceled it. Just let me play the new thing, Blizz, don't push your old stuff on me.

This is like complaining your work-inbox is full after taking a Holliday.

Alphagaia on
    Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Bandersmosh is bad, but also, will show up in highlight reels a lot

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Oh @Dibby, I don’t play anymore, so it’s not my job to post these cards anymore. Obviously! :wink:

Although if I’m being truthful, I was simply neck deep in Thanksgiving Day kids and grandma stuff to have time for anything else. And for some reason, multiple clients asking for voice work jobs after I set my status to “Out of Office” until Monday. Like, why do you need voice over stuff this weekend of all times?

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Alphagaia wrote: »
    Grobian wrote: »

This is like complaining your work-inbox is full after taking a Holliday.

I mean, I do that all the time, too.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    How can an unhatched egg have Taunt? They're eggs! Is the egg cracking wise about yo Mama from inside the shell?

• Options
    because they're delicious

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    I'm already confused by eggs without a deathrattle. Now take back my deck slots.
    Still they have such a strong identity established with cracking eggs, I think they ought to have tried some different flavor for the card.

rahkeesh2000 on
  • Options
    strictly speaking it's actually the first egg to be correctly biologically represented in hearthstone

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    They aware dragon eggs, so I’ll hold off on that until I see the presence of spikes on the outside

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    How do things like Discover/Zerus interact with the shared pool? Do they also pull from it or are they just generated fresh?

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    discover could pull shared cards back when those were still a thing; zerus afaik can be literally any card

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    stow.png

neh

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Seems like there's a lot of power in this expansion.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    discover could pull shared cards back when those were still a thing; zerus afaik can be literally any card
    Back when? Have Battlegrounds rules changed?

• Options
    Dibby wrote: »
    stow.png

neh
    Bomb Warrior can't play a big Blastmaster Boom if I use this guy to draw all his bombs. <rollsafe.jpg>

• Options
    How do things like Discover/Zerus interact with the shared pool? Do they also pull from it or are they just generated fresh?

From the Hearthstone wiki:
    All minions gained from Discover effects are removed from the pool,[6] which implies that Discover pools are limited to the shared pool.

https://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Battlegrounds#Notes

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Ahhh, thanks. So I guess Zerus can actually increase the total amount of minions in the pool.

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Interview with Mike Donais:

https://www.pcgamer.com/the-making-of-hearthstone-battlegrounds-we-wanted-a-mode-that-didnt-feel-as-pulverising/

Ai6XUGV.png

HMMMMMM REALLY?? YOU THINK SO??? YOU REALLY THINK THAT MIKE DONAIS??????? WOWIE ZOWIE MIKE DONAIS YOU SURE CAME UP WITH A BRILLIANT REVELATION THERE MIKE DONAIS

jesus

also "bloo bloo we didn't wanna mess up peoples' decks again" is a really shitty reason to not balance your fucking game. it's ONE CARD mike donais. ONE card. that's not "messing up peoples' decks", that's an easy fucking replacement. fuck. okay two actually since i suppose quest shaman would stop running desert hare, but again, easy replacement: just go back to former champ. WOW.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Why the fuck would anyone care if a deck was “broken”? Developers worry about the weirdest shit.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    everyone's decks break when new expacs release, guess they should just stop releasing new expacs

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    "Everyone's decks." If "everyone" has an Evolve Shaman deck that is going to get broken, maybe that should be a sign.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Hearthstone is a bad game and it’s success is by virtue of its name and ease of access

• Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Hearthstone is a bad game and it’s success is by virtue of its name and ease of access

>Bad game
    >Success

Both of those can't be in the same sentence, my dude. They directly conflict with each other. Anyway, calling Hearthstone a "bad game" is a bit much, I think, especially considering how many people play it and still enjoy it.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

>Bad game
    >Success

Both of those can't be in the same sentence, my dude. They directly conflict with each other. Anyway, calling Hearthstone a "bad game" is a bit much, I think, especially considering how many people play it and still enjoy it.

They do not contradict one another, since both "bad" and "successful" have multiple dimensions on which they are measured, and the default for each is often not the same.

I think you know that :)

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Hearthstone is a rich and exciting coin flip simulator.

• Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    This take is way more accurate. Hearthstone has even outshone its source IP for exactly this reason.
    They even dropped the "Heroes of Warcraft" subtitle, because Warcraft might *scare people off* at this point.

rahkeesh2000 on
  • Options
    frizz.png
    holy fucking shit

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Are these still wow characters or are they random sounds?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

Eh. On the whole, I prefer seeing cards like Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron and Arch-Villain Rafaam doing things than I do dealing with mana flood or mana screw. As random elements go, the former are actually fun.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    holy fucking shit

mm, love the smell of that princey K on 2 highroll

liEt3nH.png