Options

Tekken and Other Fighting Games That Aren't Tekken, I Guess (digital karate simulations)

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    rog's vs2 is pretty insane tbh

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    EuphemonEuphemon itsudemo sagashiteiruyo dokka ni kimi no sugata woRegistered User regular
    People joked about how IMAGINE IF BALROG COULD DO DASH PUNCHES WHENEVER, yes, imagine that, and also imagine it being a way better dash punch.

iG3kv1d.png
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    VS2 Rog looks more like an anime fighting game boxer...

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Euphemon wrote: »

Plus on block, armor breaking, juggle on hit, no-charge dash punches are pretty good, turns out.

yeah i can't think of what gief can really do to stop vs2 charging

• Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    So someone made a SFV mod that fixes its dumb netcode bugs, check it out here: https://www.reddit.com/r/StreetFighter/comments/em24ck/release_sfv_netcode_fix/

People are testing it out and the creator is answering questions in the thread.

[edit] Here's a before and after:
    https://clips.twitch.tv/EmpathicRudeGalagoGingerPower
    https://clips.twitch.tv/SmoothFinePonyDancingBaby

Deans on
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    It's hard to imagine the conditions on the dev team that would lead to nobody addressing this problem for years

My buddy is guessing it's dumb internal politics, like the guy who wrote the netcode thinks it's fine and nobody else has access to the repository or something

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    when SFV trades packets from peer to peer it comes with a timestamp that tells the opponent from when this information came from. Each peer has its own clock that keeps time independently of one another

in SFV, the clock can become desynced due to a variety of performance and network reasons (this is normal, and not unique)

what IS unique is that SFV makes no attempt to FIX the clock mid-round. it only does so when the round timer is not counting. this can make rollback much worse than it should be, and will cause ONE peer to permanently be in a state of time-warp while the other is normal

this patch appears to take the sync behavior that SFV already has, and forces it to take place mid-round. it manifests itself as brief and mild delay/frame skip, before returning a normal stable rollback situation

the sum total is that borderline but stable connections should be fine now, as one would imagine they should be.

i read most of the code of the patch. i think the reason why this hasn't been done officially is because as written, the patch would be a horrible user experience in a truly bad/irredeemable connection. if you played someone on 2-bar wifi in Uruguay, you'd think your PS4 was broken or something. whereas "as-is", that match would be unplayable, but it would very clearly be the game's fault, and you'd just move on with your day... so they torpedo'd so-so matches to make sure the truly awful ones didn't fuck the game up.

I think that if the game didn't have cross play, this might have been done long ago already, and to that end, this patch obliterates crossplay, and makes the PS4 opponent feel like they're on an endless 1-bar connection no matter what

• Options
    Jasconius wrote: »
    when SFV trades packets from peer to peer it comes with a timestamp that tells the opponent from when this information came from. Each peer has its own clock that keeps time independently of one another

in SFV, the clock can become desynced due to a variety of performance and network reasons (this is normal, and not unique)

what IS unique is that SFV makes no attempt to FIX the clock mid-round. it only does so when the round timer is not counting. this can make rollback much worse than it should be, and will cause ONE peer to permanently be in a state of time-warp while the other is normal

this patch appears to take the sync behavior that SFV already has, and forces it to take place mid-round. it manifests itself as brief and mild delay/frame skip, before returning a normal stable rollback situation

the sum total is that borderline but stable connections should be fine now, as one would imagine they should be.

i read most of the code of the patch. i think the reason why this hasn't been done officially is because as written, the patch would be a horrible user experience in a truly bad/irredeemable connection. if you played someone on 2-bar wifi in Uruguay, you'd think your PS4 was broken or something. whereas "as-is", that match would be unplayable, but it would very clearly be the game's fault, and you'd just move on with your day... so they torpedo'd so-so matches to make sure the truly awful ones didn't fuck the game up.

I think that if the game didn't have cross play, this might have been done long ago already, and to that end, this patch obliterates crossplay, and makes the PS4 opponent feel like they're on an endless 1-bar connection no matter what

mdz_jimmy, a long time Ryu player, has been talking about his use of a NetDuma router that lets him see the IP and ping of players he's connecting to beforehand, which allows him to gauge whether the connection is actually stable before playing

and that's the bit that still puzzles me - SFV seems incredibly permissive in allowing players with bad connections to still match up against each other, even if they select "5 bar only" as their connection criteria - it seems like it would have been a much better experience over all from day 1 if they were more stringent on how good a connection would have to be to allow for a match, and then have the clock re-sync regularly if a match got bad

I guess it's to make sure players get matches in a more timely manner, but it still feels like that problem could have been solved by having the game search for new matches in the background while a game was on going

• Options
    i've seen clips of Jimmy's stream and I know he uses that program, and with it he'll basically reject any match that's farther away than france lol

i'm watching Arlieth vs. Automattock right now live, literally coast to coast continental US, and I can actually see Vega's entire dash happen

this is how it's supposed to be

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Speaking of good netcode

https://youtu.be/N4STFTDzHfQ

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Reminder to people: both Thems Fightin' Herds and the base version of SFV are available in the Humble Choice (thing that replaced Humble Monthly) this month.

Also, Tekken 6 (not 7... 6) is free if you have Xbox Gold/Game Pass Ultimate. Plays on both 360 and Xbone.

Perrsun on
  • Options
    templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    Perrsun wrote: »
    Reminder to people: both Thems Fightin' Herds and the base version of SFV are available in the Humble Choice (thing that replaced Humble Monthly) this month.

Also, Tekken 6 (not 7... 6) is free if you have Xbox Gold/Game Pass Ultimate. Plays on both 360 and Xbone.

6? That's a bold choice

Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    templewulf wrote: »

6? That's a bold choice

Well they had to leave the Xbox One GWG slots open for big names like... Styx: Shards of Darkness :/

But it also looks like Tekken 7 is coming to console Game Pass next week, so that's a bit of good news there.

• Options
    templewulf wrote: »

6? That's a bold choice

Well they had to leave the Xbox One GWG slots open for big names like... Styx: Shards of Darkness :/

But it also looks like Tekken 7 is coming to console Game Pass next week, so that's a bit of good news there.

Console only? Licensing is weird!

How are you finding dates for upcoming game pass stuff?

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    ??????????????

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    This SFV netcode situation has been pretty hilarious.

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    I'm trying to solo battlegrounds as a warrior in classic wow and with no support every right is like zangief vs of sagat in sf2 turbo I win if I spd which happens 1/10 times

What I'm saying is I should play fgs while afking this bullshit so I'm thinking it's dbfz PC time or Tekken or maybe sfv if I find a char I don't hate

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    Brolo wrote: »

Why do people insist on keeping these awful controllers alive? Let those monstrosities die already!

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    You know why

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Because the SSB:Melee community is awful and won't stop until the heat death of the universe?

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    where's the smash 64 community
    who's carrying a torch for the n64 controller besides me

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    P10 wrote: »
    where's the smash 64 community
    who's carrying a torch for the n64 controller besides me

Nobody is brave enough to have 3 grips on a controller anymore.

• Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Because the SSB:Melee community is awful and won't stop until the heat death of the universe?

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

Harddrive please stop reading this thread at work thank you.

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    I am not hearing this shade about the GC controller, ya philistines.

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Hot take: It's a good thing those GC joycons are already "broken" and I assume can be attached to the separate clips so when a Melee player rage quits and throws their controller down on the floor, it won't look as devastating because they're already split.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    Walt wrote: »

i prefer to remember the good times.... not long before this came the BEST episode of CPT ever....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZ_HUpZx5Mw

absolutely peak Ross at the end there

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    I constantly miss mike ross

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    last time I was watching twitch he was streaming semi-regularly, although its not Cross Counter / Capcom Pro Talk Mike Ross

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    last time I was watching twitch he was streaming semi-regularly, although its not Cross Counter / Capcom Pro Talk Mike Ross

I honestly really like what he’s doing now. It’s literally a basic PS4 strim and he’s just playing Tekken or Guilty Gear and you can watch him but not really!

I mean he had to publicly resurface eventually cause real talk, MONEY, and I think it’s a happy medium of not being forward facing anymore while also have an infinite money portal I can deposit cash into.

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Yeah. I'm sick of Joker

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    More specifically, I'm sick of the 'internet nihilist', 'how grimdark can we make this' take on the Joker. I don't think anyone's gonna match Alan Moore's or Chris Nolan's versions anytime soon.

Classic Joker is still welcome.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    More specifically, I'm sick of the 'internet nihilist', 'how grimdark can we make this' take on the Joker. I don't think anyone's gonna match Alan Moore's or Chris Nolan's versions anytime soon.

Classic Joker is still welcome.

Man... An old school Cesar Romero Joker with big action balloons and a complete lack of blood and gore would have been awesome.

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    and a complete lack of blood and gore
    But it's Mortal Kombat. There are other games Cesar Romero Joker might fit into, but if it's this game, blood and gore is most of the entire point.

This discussion has been closed.